saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by saulres »

I think any mass claim should include the character name, and it should start with Fishy.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1051, saulres wrote:I think any mass claim should include the character name, and it should start with Fishy.

Agree with starting with Fishy now that you bring it up, Fishy only "partially claimed", only makes sense to have Fishy, who is also the leading wagon, finish their claim first.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1047, saulres wrote:But before you do that,
@MOD
: Is this plan okay? I think it would count as a paraphrase.

In post 0, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:16.) Do not quote anything from the moderator that is said outside of this thread (including role PMs) or pretend to quote anything from the moderator. Paraphrasing is allowed but if you are questioning your paraphrase, run it by the moderator first.

Paraphrasing is restatement in his own words; what you're asking for is a very limited form of quoting and thus disallowed. Please try to bear in mind the difference if you continue down this line of questioning/discussion.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by saulres »

Thank you very much for that clarification, and when you put it that way I see it very well. I'll look for another way to confirm/deny (besides lynching :P)
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by saulres »

On further review of 1042 I find myself agreeing that Junpei is Roy.

This does not, however, mean he's town. The possibility exists of him being scum, and exactly what I was worried about as indicated in 1022.

This does open up some interesting possibilities on how Montecore works, though, and I think it's reasonable to assume this:

1) If both of us agree on the target, the kill goes through.
2) If we don't agree on the target, the kill does not go through.
3) If one of us is blocked, the other kill goes through.

If 2 and 3 are accurate, then Fishy's claim about blocking me is a lie, or he in turn was blocked. If they're not accurate, though, it doesn't prove anything. Yech, what a mess of WIFOM :(

4nxi3ty's the only other one Fishy claims to have blocked, so it would be interesting to see what he claims if we go through with a mass claim.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1042, Junpei wrote:Penn and Teller (famous duo) has 1 scum 1 town

Oh, and Junpei? GNR wasn't Penn.
On permanent
V/LA
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

ROFL the mafia and the town share an uncontrollable kill The Tiger, brilliant flavor.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1056, saulres wrote:
In post 1042, Junpei wrote:Penn and Teller (famous duo) has 1 scum 1 town

Oh, and Junpei? GNR wasn't Penn.

True, I forgot again. It really makes no sense to me. Vi doing what she did as scum just makes so little sense that I can't see a Penn Teller double fakeclaim in a setup where those are likely roles. So I guess that that theory is out the window, but it was just setup speculation anyway without much water.

So Saulres, your assumptions aren't really absolutes, but what I want to make sure is, do you also claim to control this Montecore?

Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Luxury »

In post 1057, 4nxi3ty wrote:ROFL the mafia and the town share an uncontrollable kill The Tiger, brilliant flavor.

I don't see how you jump to this conclusion at all. I don't understand a mafia-town joint shared kill because mafia and town would never be wanting to target the same player thus it would turn the role into a "Coin flip for who gets the kill" which makes no sense. Furthermore, lets say that one of them is town and the other is mafia, when the town player dies the mafia get full control of two kills? Yeah no, that doesn't sound right at all especially if Vi is saying this is a 4 scum setup.
This is a hydra of Shift and whoever he feels like hydraing with at the time.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

not two kills only one hence semi-killess lawl
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1058, Junpei wrote:do you also claim to control this Montecore

Oh yes. Somewhat. Was that not clear?

I think we're going to need to coordinate our attacks for them to work. The hit on SottyRulez seems to make sense because you did put a vote there D1, and it's only by a twist of thought that I don't want to get into right now that I didn't target 4nxi3ty with it last night. How we're going to communicate to agree on a kill without telling the scum is beyond me. Should we put it to a vote of the other players? That could be just as telling as lynch votes.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by saulres »

And you know what? I don't think the setup would allow for one of us to be killed early on and leave the tiger useless. I'm betting on if only one of our orders goes through, then the tiger follows them. And if that's true, Fishy's lying about blocking.

Fishy
: I'm going to put you at L-1 in roughly 12 hours. I suggest you full-claim as soon as you get a chance. Especially the name.
On permanent
V/LA
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1042, Junpei wrote:But now with 2 BP claims
and a JK claim
:?

Luxury 1045 wrote:If there is indeed three scum left I'd place a bet on it being an Amrum + Fishy + Snake scum team.
*nods*
*but points to above quote*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by ace5993 »

In post 1022, saulres wrote:During those 10 hours, Ace posts 645 where he reveals what VI wrote. Included in this is this line from Vi: "There is actually one big thing in the QT that sets off alarms, aside from his continued ignorance of my constant pleas for him to say something, anything that looks like scumhunting. With that said, I'd like to keep that to myself for right now." This is his first site-wide post of the day, so it's reasonable to assume he got caught up on their QT while Vi was out, and that Vi didn't tell Ace what she was thinking.

HOWEVER, at ace's following posts in the game thread, it becomes clear that he
does
know what the objection is. Although he doesn't claim that he does until after he's looked for a PR, which comes chronologically after Vi returns to the site. And his terminology -- "
Now
that Vi has told me the whole story..." It doesn't add up. That's a slip.

Probably not worth defending myself against this but you're making the mistake of assuming that events in the QT happened in real time with when they were posted in thread. When I posted that quote early in the day I
did
know more than I quoted (Vi had told me it was rolefishing, but no more specific than that), but we decided it was best not to post that in the thread. Then when I said "Now that Vi has told me the whole story" I was referring to when he told me the specifics of the roleblocking.

Anyway, I actually think 4nxi3ty's theory is probably correct, with a slim chance that Vi's is correct. There's absolutely no way in hell that saulres is scum at this point so it's either Junpei or neither. I will await the results of the mass-claim to see if there's actually a way for two kills to have been stopped last night/one kill the night before.
I advise against name-claiming, and I will not be doing so
. Scum have fake nameclaims anyway, as evidenced by GNR.

P-EDIT: That Junpei quote might be a slip, nice catch. Junpei/Fishy/Amrun would be my best guess right now considering that and the claims, or maybe Junpei/Fishy/4nxi3ty. Fishy because RB=JK.

/returns to hiding until mass-claim finishes
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1064, ace5993 wrote:I advise against name-claiming, and I will not be doing so. Scum have fake nameclaims anyway, as evidenced by GNR.

That's exactly why I want them. Think about it.
On permanent
V/LA
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Junpei »

Town RB = JK? At any rate, that's just what stuck in my mind.

@saulres: If only one of our kills goes through? I would think that it requires us to agree, if this is true, then one of us not killing is the same as us not agreeing, thus a kill not going through. If we lynch Fish, and barring anything big coming from roleclaims, I would much like to shoot Anxiety in case you don't know that.

Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Luxury »

I don't think the whole JK rather than RB thing means anything to be honest. Jumpei has spent quite some time over at epic mafia I believe and Town RB is commonly referred to as JK or Drunk over there, furthermore JK makes less sense being a scum role than RB does.

Jumpei, if we lynch Fishy and he flips scum I'll skin you alive if you vig shoot Anxiety. Fishy claimed to block him D1 when there was a missing kill thus edging the lynch in his direction and not reading as a buss at all. Upon a Fishy scum flip you should most certainty be shooting at Amrum or potentially Snake.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Vi there is only one problem with your scumteam theory; the case on fishy is only contingent on riggs being scum, there is no connection to amrun or saulres. i could be wrong but i think an alternative solution might fit better.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by ace5993 »

In post 1067, Luxury wrote:JK makes less sense being a scum role than RB does.

Not if scum don't have a kill/share a kill with town.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by saulres »

Junpei, I do think that Fish's flip should determine whether we hit 4nxi3ty or not. If Fishy flips town I'm all for it. If he flips scum, though, that I'm not too clear about yet. And at the moment, I actually have a bit of a townread on 4nxi3ty for reasons I don't want to go into. Hopefully we'll have time to discuss.

Luxury, other than PoE, do you have any reasons for suspecting Amrun or Snake? Near as I recall (but I do have the memory of a goldfish) neither of them came under any real suspicion for anything yet.
On permanent
V/LA
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Luxury »

Yes, my suspicion of Amrum has nothing to do with PoE though I'll admit my Locke read does.

Amrum:
- Her defence of Riggs throughout yesterday
- Her incredibly weak push towards Jumepi throughout the whole game. She insists he's mafia but never has put a case or anything up against him.
- Her reaction towards Riggs scum claim at the end of yesterday looking forced.
- Her fencesitting over our reads and thoughts "They're so odd, too odd to be mafia but don't see it coming from town".

Locke:
- His continual agreement with the popular thoughts/opinions rather than presenting anything new.
- Him playing against the town meta that I have of him.
- PoE.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 3.3

Fishythefish (L-2) – Vi, Amrun, Luxury, Junpei
saulres (L-5) – Crab Canon

Not Voting (5) - SnakePlissken, saulres, 4nxi3ty, ace5993, Fishythefish

Deadline: Wednesday October 26 @ 8:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-10-26 20:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

I don't mind claiming.

There is confusion over whether we're nameclaiming or not, so I won't, for now.

I'm a VT, though.

Anxiety's comment about mafia and town sharing a kill really struck me as off. It's too sure. I believe he knows which one is mafia and which one is town, due to being mafia himself.

If, indeed, one is mafia and one is town, it's obvious who I think is which.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Luxury »

I'll wait on name claiming as well though I'm not sure I understand the negatives of it, we're a VT.

Only people left to claim now are Crab, Locke and Fishy to finish fully claiming.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”