Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 599, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 592, The Fonz wrote:
That's like the list of obvious people to suspect.

I've voiced suspicion of all of them before Image

So? I'm struggling to see how that's relevant. Throughout the game so far, you simply haven't done a single thing that I think would be in any way difficult or risky for scum, or which demonstrated independent protown thought. If you'd been the architect of the case on any one of them, that might be a point in your favor, but you haven't. So no out of the box thinking, poor but not terrible activity, popular suspects, no controversial positions or shows of emotion or frustration - you look to me like coasting middle-of-the pack scum.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 am

Post by StefanB »

Unvote

I may be thinking to simple, but 543 seems to me like a scumslip.

The Jakolope wrote:
It's like I'm saying I have scum reads on both of them. but, I don't see them being scum together.

as explanation for:
EtherealCookie, Iceguy, one is scum. Not both.

That that doesn't make sense is nothink new, (with 2 scumfactions the fact that two people are probably not scum together doesn't mean that both can't be scum) To miss that we have 2 scumteam is not an excuse that I believe posted now. So the only way that two people aren't scum together and you know that one is town, means that you are on the other scumteam. I am still suprised that he posted 361, because he knew that it would piss people of.

Vote TheJakolope
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Wraith »

QUICK QUESTION

MY SHIFT KEY SUDDENLY STARTED FUNCTIONING AS CTRL THIS MORNING FOR SOME DAMN REASON AND NOW I CAN'T USE PUNCTUATION, AND AM TOO LAZY TO SHIFT CAPS ON AND OFF OVER AND OVER

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 2.2

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

TheJakalope (4): Global Warming, Ghostlin, DarthYoshi, StefanB
Dry-Fit (3): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2
David Xanatos (2): Maxous, PeregrineV
Alabaska J (1): zMuffinMan
BBmolla (1): Wraith
Otolia (1): sorgster
sorgster (1): Oversoul

Not voting (9): Baby Spice, whispersilk, Otolia, TheJakalope, Dry-fit, Bogre, Alabaska J, ToastyToast, David Xanatos

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Alabaska J »

proding here, sorry still wading through midterms…hate to slack on this game since i love the people here. :( i'll catch up as much as i can; although a quality post from me might be a day away (meaning after my next midterm)
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Bogre »

Prodge. Will post once my test is done tomorrow.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Otolia »

I thought I post on this thread this morning but I didn't. Don't have much time now to review the main wagon and the last pages' wall, so I'm just going to answer the following question.

In post 582, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 575, StefanB wrote:
Otalia: Why gives Ghostlins vigclaim him a freeby until night 2? Some people can't act on night 2. (Most of town can't)

I think what Otalia's saying is that investigative roles are much more likely to use their powers on me tonight (Track me, Cop me, etc), now that I've claimed the Vig. If I'm found somewhere where someone dies or have a guilty, they'll claim and that'll be all she wrote.

There is no way to attest Ghostlin's claim. If there is one I'm not aware of, I think that it would have been talked of as of right now. So the only way to know if he is town or not is to either see his flip or investigate him. In the case, he is town, I like the latter more. Thus it's pointless to target him today, as tomorrow will provide a reliable way to attest his sayings.

--

@sorgster
: You voted for me, but without real reasoning. IceGuy defended me and his defense is now proven totally independent of my alignment since he was town - there is normally no masonry in this game. Care to explain a little bit more ? What are you expecting ? Do you want to see me lynched today ?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 am

Post by sorgster »

It is possible for town to defend scum. Iceguy defended you, not the other way around.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 447, Otolia wrote:

In post 445, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

Provoking anyone who could hinder me? I call bullshit on that.

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

I don't like the way you keep saying you will die soon. If you are really town, it shouldn't matters to you - unless
you are a PR
and you feel the pressure of getting results rather sooner than later. Furthermore it allows scums (and werewolves) to play on that. Letting you live can be a good way to mess up with the remaining town mind. And if you happens to be scum and rides your self-created towncred until the last stages of the game, I hope someone will have the courage to question your alignment.

Rolefishing and moi was killed night one. MoI was also the main attacked on you.
Marathon Game record
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 am

Post by TheJakalope »

This weekend will be busy for me. Will pop in every now and then, but nothing big.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

Are you serious, Jakalope? You see a wagon building on you and you choose to do nothing about it? The weekend is two days away. You could do you know, SOMETHING.

If I come back and you haven't elaborated on anything I am voting you.

Also, a relative recently died... this game will have not my full attention. Letting everyone know.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 am

Post by sorgster »

Just realized I typed attacked instead of attacker. Whoops
Marathon Game record
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 608, sorgster wrote:

Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

I don't like the way you keep saying you will die soon. If you are really town, it shouldn't matters to you - unless
you are a PR
and you feel the pressure of getting results rather sooner than later. Furthermore it allows scums (and werewolves) to play on that. Letting you live can be a good way to mess up with the remaining town mind. And if you happens to be scum and rides your self-created towncred until the last stages of the game, I hope someone will have the courage to question your alignment.

Rolefishing and moi was killed night one. MoI was also the main attacked on you.

Rolefishing ? When I'm just speculating on the reason that could force him to say he will die the first night. I was proved right, but it doesn't mean I put him in the position to reveal his possible - at that time - Power Role.

I think you are trying to frame me.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

I'm off work tomorrow, and the weekend is after that. Since I usually post from work, I probably want be adding to the conversation over the weekend.

In fact, I'll be adding to the lack of it. :(
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 613, PeregrineV wrote:I'm off work tomorrow, and the weekend is after that. Since I usually post from work, I probably
won't
be adding to the conversation over the weekend.

In fact, I'll be adding to the lack of it. :(

EBWOP: bold correction
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 601, StefanB wrote:
Unvote

I may be thinking to simple, but 543 seems to me like a scumslip.

The Jakolope wrote:
It's like I'm saying I have scum reads on both of them. but, I don't see them being scum together.

as explanation for:
EtherealCookie, Iceguy, one is scum. Not both.

That that doesn't make sense is nothink new, (with 2 scumfactions the fact that two people are probably not scum together doesn't mean that both can't be scum) To miss that we have 2 scumteam is not an excuse that I believe posted now. So the only way that two people aren't scum together and you know that one is town, means that you are on the other scumteam. I am still suprised that he posted 361, because he knew that it would piss people of.

Vote TheJakolope

In all honesty, has anyone EVER seen a game where someone was accused of 'knowing someone else was town' and it turned out to be true? It seems to be an accusation levelled a lot, but what scum is going to ever admit openly in thread they know someone else's alignment? Scum slips are pretty much a myth. For starters, you're assuming that he DOES know there are multiple scumteams, but if he knew that he couldn't know anyone was town. The 'non-scumslip' explanation for that = either he didn't realise that there were two scumteams, or he didn't think through the implication that 'not scum together' doesn't mean 'not both scum.' Neither of those are that outlandish. Stupid, yes.

For your explanation to be true, he'd have to know both those two things, and yet not know them because knowing the latter completely disposes of the possibility of knowing anyone is town.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

you are a PR

The first is somewhat valid with reasoning. The second one is horribly WIFOM.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

you are a PR

In post 612, Otolia wrote:

you are a PR

Rolefishing ? When I'm just speculating on the reason that could force him to say he will die the first night. I was proved right, but it doesn't mean I put him in the position to reveal his possible - at that time - Power Role.

I think you are trying to frame me.

#608 is bad, based on a flimsy premise. At least as far as the night kill is concerned.

#612 takes it weirdly too far in a defense. 'You're framing me?' Not, 'I think you've smoked too much happy weed,' or 'The majority of this post seems entirely based on a WIFOMIC premise.' But the final stroke is 'You're framing me.'
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Translation: Both sorgster and Otolia get scum points for the above. If one of them flips scummy, the odds of the other one flipping scummy would go up in this instance.

Still like Jak at this point, but...wow.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Pages 11-15! Almost there and just in time for a 3 day weekend.

Page 11=Otolia starting to look terribad.
Otolia wrote:What I really want is to see you shut your annoying mouth.

Nice defense you got there. He also redirects MoI's points, and instead of actually defending he calls it a misrepresentation ...."I never said I refused to scum hunt!" well, guess wut. You no scumhunting. But wait! There's more! He's not going to
actively
scum hunt. W.T.F.

@sagemagoo:In an unrelated note, lovin' your avatar. emm reads need to be explained way more though. What about muffin is scummy? Whispersilk being intelligent should outweigh reasons to vote her? Like, she hasn't said much of anything yet and therefore in this game is not being a key contributing intelligent member. Sage later says its unimportant. So then why did you say it? To make her feel good about herself?

Oversoul wrote:Ok. I am sheeping MoI here because I haven't really read the thread yet. >_> The extent of my reading is isoing MoI, Ludi, and Otolia so please bear with me.

Okay, we know MoI is town at this point, but really? What makes you think sheeping before reading a thread is a good idea?

Darthyoshi is looking better. Disagree with the Jackalope read at this point tho.

IceGuy: Clearly there are way more reasons to vote someone at this point other than "O.o you voting on 2 popular wagons, both of which could be scum!"
Looks like the main pressure on IceGuy came from Muffin and StefanB. They're both my town reads. But given ^^this stuff...I would've been suspicious about the same thing.

EtheralCookie's little hop tho....yeah that was the bad one!
I've never seen Maxous write so little
Where the hell is BBmolla? We have too many lurkers in this game! Lurkers kill town, so stop it.
Not sure what to think of Ghostlin atm. Agree with 2 of his scumreads

Suddenly, Otoilia tries! DX case is bad. Anyone could've seen an IceGuy lynch coming a mile a way. StefanB is my big town read right now. Yeah, BS is neutral.
Ice guy calls at 3 people with opportunistic hops on him. He's right, they are.

@whisper: why did you feel the need to explain your entire meta? All it means is that you know it well enough to manipulate it.

and thats all! yayyy almost there
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

oh. forgot my ending.
2 new scum reads to add to Cookie and Global Warming: Maxous and Otolia
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Otolia »

@Ghostlin : sorgster is maybe WIFOMing the hell out of me, but you sure smoke too much happy weed.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 581, Wraith wrote:The fact that DX had suspicion on MoI is null. While scum don't kill their suspects, MoI has a reputation as a strong town player, and was obvtown. Therefore, null.

As for IceGuy's lynching, isn't there a role whose vote decreases the amount of votes required to lynch the target it's voting on? Either that or a double-secret doublevoter.

Hang on, you actually have a point about the nature of a double-scumteam game. I suppose MoI could plausibly have been killed for that reason.

This post is seriously setting off my scumdar. Look through each paragraph carefully.

First one is hypothesizing about the NK (which on D2 is, at best, an art), and Wraith comes to no real conclusion about DX about it.

Second one is speculation about the setup, which is useless for two reasons: 1) IceGuy flipped VT, not VT-Who-Gets-Lynched-At-L-1. 2) Nobody has claimed a double vote or vote stealer ability yet. As I said before, the lack of the claim makes me think this is in fact a scum PR.

Third one is a supposition about the NK motivation all over again, but with no action based on that belief afterwards. A complete lack of initiative.

All three paragraphs are incredibly scummy. Given Wraith's wraith-like (har har har) presence in the background on D1, and this post alone, I want a wagon on him NOW.

Unvote. Vote: Wraith.

PS: Jakalope is still scum, though. The Fonz I am less sure about now. He's def playing more townish than his predecessor, so I need to go back and re-read that slot.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 621, Otolia wrote:@Ghostlin : sorgster is maybe WIFOMing the hell out of me, but you sure smoke too much happy weed.

Also, WTH does this mean? :?
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:@Muffin: Some of your reads are...interesting. I get why you might have a townread on sorgster, but why is DavidX town?

eh, in all honesty, it's mostly gut here. I understand the points against him (lack of scum hunting, lack of content, etc) but nothing he's actually said looks scummy to me. It looks like him-as-town being wrong on a couple of points, then being inactive and copping a lot of flak because of it.

He hasn't done anything that overtly looks so town that I'd never suspect him, but I think he's town and there are far better leads to pursue today.

wraith wrote:I really feel like town is putting priority on "lynch all lurkers because they are lurking" over "lynch all scum who happen to be lurking." I don't think Alabaska is scum. I was out of the loop all of D1 but a "lynch all lurkers" wagon didn't form on me.

Yeah, because I'm not suggesting Alabaska is scum because he's lurking. The content of what few posts he has is genuinely scummy. I've gone over this, MoI went over this too during D1, it's nothing to do with "lurking" in and of itself.

--

@Pere (re #579)

What about those quotes?

--

ghostlin wrote:I think sorg's being pretty blatantly anti-town.

I think that's his meta (regardless of alignment); its akin to andrew or shotty or DK. It's frustrating, but I'm pretty sure this is still sorgster being town here.

--

@Fonz,

What do you think of Alabaska?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”