Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Ouch-- that's just sugar-coating that you don't think I'm town (in ANY of our games) and that you don't like me.

Mine was an insult to your playstyle, is all. You seem to care about the general opinion, but you don't care much about a player's individual reads/opinion.

killerjester, we're lynching Frind Maresil because I think h's scum and there's enough support that we can lynch her. I've had my eye on her since Day 1.
e're lynching Crhistine becauseshe was stoopid and quickhammered-- sorry, because she was negligent and quickhammered. If you think that Christie is scum, but not Friend, by all means, make a case. I have been known to be convincable. But I think that at least one of them will flip scum.

When it's Friend, and not Christine, I'm going to be gunning for your ass.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 750, Whiskers wrote:Ouch-- that's just sugar-coating that you don't think I'm town (in ANY of our games) and that you don't like me.

Not true. When you actually buckle down, I like playing with you. At times you just get a little too... aloof... and thats when I start having trouble with anypony because that really messes with my ability to read correctly.

Mine was an insult to your playstyle, is all. You seem to care about the general opinion, but you don't care much about a player's individual reads/opinion.

I keep tabs on everything, but yes I care far more about the big picture and the couple ponies I trust more then anything else.

we're lynching Crhistine becauseshe was stoopid and quickhammered-- sorry, because she was negligent and quickhammered. If you think that Christie is scum, but not Friend, by all means, make a case. I have been known to be convincable. But I think that at least one of them will flip scum.

Im quite lost at this point here. I need to actually gain some confidence back in my secondary town reads here and get back into the game. Friend looks bad, but I have a hard time nailing down a partner to her. Christine again looks bad, but I cant understand why scum would throw the double lynch like that, even if Friend is scum. Then again how does she mess it up as town? I think she really screwed up paying attention, regardless of alignment. Then again the reaction screams town. If it wasnt for the fact that a single mislynch today would mean we are no longer able to double lynch, I would vote you in an instant here since I think you are independantly very likely to be scum. At the same time though you really dont work to well with Friend or Christine (or NS for that matter). That again puts me in a rough spot since I really dont think I can get a double lynch of scum today since everypony is locked in already.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Christine »

I repeat. I am town. I don't really care who you want to lynch with me, but can we please make it someone that is scum?

Personally I like the idea of Friend or Robot.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 750, Whiskers wrote:killerjester, we're lynching Frind Maresil because I think h's scum and there's enough support that we can lynch her. I've had my eye on her since Day 1.
e're lynching Crhistine becauseshe was stoopid and quickhammered-- sorry, because she was negligent and quickhammered. If you think that Christie is scum, but not Friend, by all means, make a case. I have been known to be convincable. But I think that at least one of them will flip scum.

Unless you're expecting both to flip scum, I'd prefer we lynch one of Christine/FM before we think about lynching the other. The two are not an ideal pair for our double-lynch, because if one flips scum the other is pretty much town. If you're only expecting one of the two to flip scum, it's much better to lynch one today along with another scumread of yours while putting the other on hold. Especially since we're not at MyLo/LyLo, I don't think it's too ambitious to abandon the "Exactly one of these two is likely scum!" and shoot for lynching both scum today.

But to make it official, do you think it's likely that scum-Christine would advocate the double lynch of herself and partner-FM? If not, and following the above line of thought, what would be your ideal double lynch today?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Christine, I think I know why you want Robot dead, but just to be sure, why exactly are you labeling him as scum?

I like Whisker's 747. She's keeping her options open and being ready to roll with the flips should they not end the game or not flip scum (which I hope at least FM does). Hard slight to RD, though. Ouch.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Christine »

Look, we agreed going into today that I would be one of the two lynched. We got some votes going, then Robot roles in and votes for FM and NS? Therefore, making the double lynch uneven. Which happened yesterday. Then, he unvotes FM and votes for himself? And then out of no where double unvotes, like he has suddenly realized. Nothing about that makes sense.

Now, that being said, should FM flip scum, which I think he will, my bet is on his scum buddy being NS or KJ. Lookit the lynch train yesterday... They weren't on the double lynching wagon. WTF?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I don't see why we're lynching Christine, to be quite honest.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 am

Post by killerjester »

What changed your opinion of her?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Can you show me somewhere that I expressed an opinion of her? To 'change' my opinion, I would first need to hold an opinion.
....what?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:35 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 719, Nobody Special wrote:
Vote: Friend
Vote: Christine

That's L-1 for both.

You seemed comfortable with lynching her here

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I was sheeping. Later, I questioned the value of that.
....what?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:54 am

Post by killerjester »

Yeah, I'm asking what changed your mind from sheeping her lynch to taking a stance against it. A look through her iso? A particular post? Simply time, perhaps?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Just time, and the realization that she seems resigned to her lynch for acting stupidly, which -- while town -- isn't really a good enough reason for us to mislynch.

I'm just saying that rather than mislynch an obvtown, why don't we try for a double lynch on the two scummiest players?
....what?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Whiskers »

Rather than mislynch a wifom, Wifom wifom.

Who are "the two scummiest players"?

rainbowdash, you still don't have any reason for Christine being a town read. You are... idk, fencesitting? You're like, "oh oh oh, she might not flip scum"-- this makes me think that either you are scum trying to setup an "I told you so" scenario, or that you and christine are scum and are trying to wifom us and defend her.

Which would make Friend Maresil not scum.

Christine, we did not "agree" on anything. I declared that we would be lynching you. You played along, like "a good little townie". If you are not scum, you will fight for yourself. How about a fucking case on Friend Maresil or Robotnick2, who you've chosen for scum (one your lynchpartner, the other bussing?)? Give me your reads and case or something on Rainbowdash.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote count

Voidedmafia
Christine - 2 (Christine, Voidedmafia)
Robotnick2
killerjester
Friend Mairsil - 2 (Christine, Voidedmafia)
Whiskers
Rainbowdash
Nobody Special

Not voting - Friend Marisil, Whiskers, Rainbowdash, Nobody Special, killerjester, Robotnick2
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Robotnick2 »

In post 755, Christine wrote: We got some votes going, then Robot roles in and votes for FM and NS?

Mine was the first vote of the day. How could we have "got some votes going"?

Then, he unvotes FM and votes for himself? And then out of no where double unvotes, like he has suddenly realized. Nothing about that makes sense.

I unvoted FM to even the votes. I voted myself as a placeholder, as we have to have 2 votes at the same time. What I forgot was the equally valid possibility of unvoting both FM and NS, which I then did.

Now, that being said, should FM flip scum, which I think he will, my bet is on his scum buddy being NS or KJ. Lookit the lynch train yesterday... They weren't on the double lynching wagon. WTF?

So hang on. You want me dead, call me scum... and yet don't think I'm scum? Explain this please.
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Whiskers »

No, he fos's you wants you to be part of he mislynch.

I'm not buying the logic, therefore I'm not voting for you.

robotnick2, why didn't you just unvote the extra and vote for the other doulbe lynch candidate? why did you seek to even the votes by putting your votes in useless places (not on the wagons), or even unvote? But more importantly, [iwhy didn't you vote for teh correct wagons at the beginning of the Day?[/i]
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 763, Whiskers wrote:rainbowdash, you still don't have any reason for Christine being a town read. You are... idk, fencesitting? You're like, "oh oh oh, she might not flip scum"-- this makes me think that either you are scum trying to setup an "I told you so" scenario, or that you and christine are scum and are trying to wifom us and defend her.

Yeah see, im having a problem getting reads down. First I see Christine as scum for the failed double hammer, but why do that because its only going to get her in trouble. At the same time though, why would town mess it up? So she obviously just botched it regardless of alignment. I think that scum would be more likely to double check this though. Either way, I think its as simple as that pony screwed up, it was accidental, regardless of her alignment. Im going to continue to judge her on previous play instead.

Which leaves me with Friend/Whiskers, the problem there is they aren't going to both be scum at all. I would be surprised if both are town though, so it may be the best move here afterall.

For why Whiskers is scum based off nintendo interactions though

1) Nintendo got interested in NS pressuring Whiskers about if she speaks English well. This is a really wierd thing since its one of the only things nintendo got interested in early on. The response of Whiskers for not liking nintendo defending her also is a bit off to me.
2) Whiskers returns the favor here when AV starts attacking nintendo for not understanding how double lynches worked. Moves of to defending him from other attacks here
Accusation: NA had a valid reason to vote for kj in the Pregame, but didn't vote for him when the game started.
Defense: kj didn't continue doing the scummy thing NA had a valid reason to vote for him for after the game started. Therefore, the reason was no longer valid.

Kinda running with it here, if Whiskers is scum it makes a LOT of sense as to why she was so against the double lynch day one, two (maybe three) of the three ponies AV wanted to take with him would be scum.

What bugs me is how fast Whiskers got rid of what looked like a town read on nintendo when I showed up and started getting support for a wagon in that direction. That gives me vibes of a bus.

FoS Whiskers
FoS Friend

There is my double lynch choice.
You don't earn
loyalty
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Why aren't you voting us, then? Hm? You're essentially leading the town.

Yeah, it does look like that. I knew it did when it happened. Here's what went on: I had a townish read on nintendo. More than that, though, it was spiting the attackers, who were attacking him for something that wasn't scum. Getting hit with a pack of hungry wolves (desparate scum) is a town tell. I changed my read because he went from being attacked for something stupid to just being stubborn. I didn't have him as a scum read, necessarily, either-- I voted him for bing antitown in his behaviour. He;s supposed to blend in with the crowd of townies. I suppose that's wifom though. Maybe he was going for the "stand out" thing, since scum wouldn't do that.

If AV wanted to take the players with him that were scum, don't you think I'd have let him take a scum and kill himself? Not to mention the idea that it would burn the Town's double-lynch for the game, meaning that if they caught two scum later, they'd neer be able to lynch them both at once, allowing them o throw in more wifom and defense and cases and stuff. It was pretty clear that AV planned to suicide lynch one of his foses.

Defended Nintendo because he was being attacked for ignorance, not for scumminess.

Defended by nintendo... idk? I didn't see this. Mybe that's the reason for my town read on him, idk.

Why couldn't both Friend and I be scum together? Doesn't look that hard to me. I buss her hard, get loads of towncred, and coast the rest of the game. Right?
And I can see the nightkills coming from me-- whoever the mafia is, they have a similar killstyle.

Yeah, see, you're having a problem with that read. Not just reads in general.
Please note how Christine is now not getting lynched at all. "What? hammered early? well, obviously an honest mistake,. I'll keep with my previous read on her, of town (For No Reason). Oh, oh, let's lynch these other two!"
Hey, bro, go ahead and base your reads on her previous play. Then, Tell me why you have a town read on her. Like I asked you several times before. If you don't answer this with something more substantial or at the very least more wordy than, "gut,"
I'll vote you both and call it a Day.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 768, Whiskers wrote:Why aren't you voting us, then? Hm? You're essentially leading the town.

Not going to break up leaders right now. If I could actually vote for just one player at a time, which I have no freaking clue why we arent allowed to, its just giving scum a higher EV, I would have put a vote on you here.

If AV wanted to take the players with him that were scum, don't you think I'd have let him take a scum and kill himself? Not to mention the idea that it would burn the Town's double-lynch for the game, meaning that if they caught two scum later, they'd neer be able to lynch them both at once, allowing them o throw in more wifom and defense and cases and stuff. It was pretty clear that AV planned to suicide lynch one of his foses.

Yeah I think you would want to not let that happen. If you could delay the lynch of a partner in this game it makes it harder for town to do a good job if they want to double lynch. It would have been terrifying for scum to have to deal with a double lynch when the one going down had their partners pinpointed.

Defended by nintendo... idk? I didn't see this. Mybe that's the reason for my town read on him, idk.

Dont lie to me. You commented on it even when it happened.

Hey, bro, go ahead and base your reads on her previous play. Then, Tell me why you have a town read on her. Like I asked you several times before. If you don't answer this with something more substantial or at the very least more wordy than, "gut,"

Later. I just think that pony is town for some of her early play. It makes more sense.
You don't earn
loyalty
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

RD still has somewhat of a point about the hammer, though.

As I stated before D2 ended, any scum would be absolutely stupid if they just went and hammered like that, especially if they were actually going to get two townies lynched at the same time (assuming Friend is going to flip town, which is unlikely). The play itself was unimaginably stupid, and definitely good grounds for a vote the next day, but after thinking on it, I can't quite be as quick to call it scummy as I was earlier in D3.

unvote: Christine, vote Nobody Special
. Should the need to unvote Friend (or revote Christine, should she drop back to being scummy enough to vote) arise, I will do so.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 769, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 768, Whiskers wrote:Why aren't you voting us, then? Hm? You're essentially leading the town.

Not going to break up leaders right now. If I could actually vote for just one player at a time, which I have no freaking clue why we arent allowed to, its just giving scum a higher EV, I would have put a vote on you here.
Sure. Fine. It's odd, since it looks like the others don't care so much.

Yeah I think you would want to not let that happen. If you could delay the lynch of a partner in this game it makes it harder for town to do a good job if they want to double lynch. It would have been terrifying for scum to have to deal with a double lynch when the one going down had their partners pinpointed.
I don't understand this. He had, like, thre players he was willing to take down with him. It'd be pretty easy to pick on of the ones that isn't a scumbuddy and have him double mislynch, or if worst comes to worst, take one of the scum that was going down and suggest he double lynch with them.-- Thereby getting rid of the double lynch and an extra townie.

Dont lie to me. You commented on it even when it happened.
Okay, well, I don't remember it.

Later. I just think that pony is town for some of her early play. It makes more sense.
Cool, "It makes more sense," But you didn't explain any reason for this before. Like I said earlier, I don't know if you're sitting there waiting for her to flip so you can go "I told you so" or if she's really your scum buddy and you are honestly defending her. The fact that the votes are coming off of her makes me think the second, but you could just be framing her.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Whiskers »

NOPONYSPECIAL VOTERS:

WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR NOPONY SPECIAL?

Need reads or reason, VM. This isn't fucking RVS.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 772, Whiskers wrote:NOPONYSPECIAL VOTERS:

WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR NOPONY SPECIAL?

Need reads or reason, VM. This isn't fucking RVS.

You REALLY want me to dig up an argument I've presented twice already? (and is still relevant enough to make NS scummy)

I've explained why NS is scummy, along with extras added here or there.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Whiskers »

I'll go look.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”