Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 311, Magua wrote:"mb53 must be mafia who was used to perform the kill"

In post 272, Quilford wrote:Actually, I'm betting mafia submitted the kill through mb53.

Don't see any 'must' there.

In post 272, Quilford wrote:comes out of nowhere

First, I want you to explain why something "coming out of nowhere" is relevant. Secondly, of course it came out of nowhere. I logged on at
6:19 pm
or thereabouts and checked the thread. I then posted this. I hadn't even realised that something was amiss, there being only one kill: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3506435

Then I remember that I jailkept mb53 and posted it 5 minutes later, at
6:24 pm
. I then spent twenty minutes puzzling over what it meant - I initially thought I had jailed the serial killer, believe it or not, but then I realised that Fonz would almost definitely have found a replacement if that were the case. So then I thought that I must've blocked the mafia. And then I had the epiphany that mb53 would be the perfect way to submit the kill as scum. He can't report about his night actions because his slot's absent, people have probably forgotten about him, and best of all: he has no night action.

In post 272, Quilford wrote:It's not "I jailkept mb53, only one kill, die nao," but specifically "mb53 is mafia" and "mb53 was proxied."

These quotes aren't mutually exclusive. I figured that mb53 was scum of some sort after there was only one kill (duhhh), but then I realised it would make even more sense if a mafia member submitted the kill through mb53, to avoid attention.

In post 272, Quilford wrote:explained away D3 with "Guess I must've protected against the kill" or "Guess a kill got delayed".

Explained away? These are the only two possible reasons, along with scum no-killing, for there to be no kill last night. No matter my alignment.

The best thing is that this is the only thing you seem to have against me. The second best bit is that you haven't even stopped to consider things from the perspective that I'm town.

The third best bit is that you're pegging Jason and I as the scumteam, when we have both been scum on the same team before: and let me tell you, this is not how I play as scum, much less as scum with Jason.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 273, Seacore wrote:Quil, how and/or why did you decide not to jk me?

So Seacore, why'd you ask this?

Didn't you already know the answer? (not trying to be snide here)
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 323, farside22 wrote:Quilford needs to explain why he thinks the mafia did not do the kill last night.

explain this please I don't get what you're asking
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 288, farside22 wrote:What gets to me is anyone would have asked Quilford about those reads.

What gets to me is that only three people stirred a fuss over it.

Forgetting to ask questions is not a scumtell.

Do you want me to link you to previous games where I did exactly what I did this game in terms of the reaction test?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Quilford wrote:Then I remember that I jailkept mb53 and posted it 5 minutes later, at 6:24 pm. I then spent twenty minutes puzzling over what it meant - I initially thought I had jailed the serial killer, believe it or not, but then I realised that Fonz would almost definitely have found a replacement if that were the case. So then I thought that I must've blocked the mafia. And then I had the epiphany that mb53 would be the perfect way to submit the kill as scum. He can't report about his night actions because his slot's absent, people have probably forgotten about him, and best of all: he has no night action.

You never implied SK. In fact you question to the mod was in reference to mafia sending in the kill
Also you did not consider there is a limited doctor.

In post 327, Quilford wrote:
In post 323, farside22 wrote:Quilford needs to explain why he thinks the mafia did not do the kill last night.

Why did you think the person that was killed last night was done by the SK.

In post 328, Quilford wrote:

Do you want me to link you to previous games where I did exactly what I did this game in terms of the reaction test?

Yes
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 323, farside22 wrote:
In post 292, kdowns wrote:I said sorry because I hate being the hammerer in this situation.

And Ice Cube I don't know why you are asking for a night action from me, I have none.

why did you vote for MOI?
Who do you find scummy and why?

Honestly, I don't exactly remember my reasoning for it as I didn't say why, and I have forgotten why I had voted for him.

So far I see Seacore and Quilford scummy...

Seacore's reasons I have stated before

And Quilford's is just the obviousness of it all.

UNVOTE: Vote: Quilford[/vote]
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 am

Post by kdowns »

Fail Tags are Fail

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Quilford
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 330, kdowns wrote:
In post 292, kdowns wrote:I said sorry because I hate being the hammerer in this situation.

And Ice Cube I don't know why you are asking for a night action from me, I have none.

why did you vote for MOI?
Who do you find scummy and why?

Honestly, I don't exactly remember my reasoning for it as I didn't say why, and I have forgotten why I had voted for him.

So far I see Seacore and Quilford scummy...

Seacore's reasons I have stated before

What about Quilford is obvious?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 am

Post by farside22 »

@Kdow: What is scummy about Quilford?

unvote

This needs to be answered now
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 333, farside22 wrote:@Kdow: What is scummy about Quilford?

unvote

This needs to be answered now

On It.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 am

Post by kdowns »

I don't like how the fact he was trying to lynch mb53 for him JK him last night when he should of JK Seacore, but didn't because "He felt as if he wasn't in danger of being killed that night" as it seemed like he knew exactly who was going to be killed at night, and as for there only being one kill, there is also the possibility that Scum and the SK targeted the same person during the night phase. So it seems like he was pushing for a sorta policy lynch on Day 2.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 324, Magua wrote:[

Well, let's play a game, shall we? mb53 got replaced. Do you believe that he got replaced because he was scum-lurking, or do you believe he got replaced because he flaked?

Do you believe that getting replaced is a scum-tell?

Because that is the sum of your argument: mb53 flaked and got replaced. You find this scummy.

No, his lurking was the only thing I had against him, which is why I put LEANING scum... however, since your entrance into the role you have done nothing to help the slot, and actually made it worse with lies and OMGUS. that is why I now suspect you as scum. The lurking was only good enough to put as leaning scum to pressure the slot into activity. I do find those who fly low under the radar suspicious, and would put them as leaning scum if I think they are flying by.

You also fail to explain how you accuse me of lurking and beign hypociritcal when I have pointed out to you the fact I had to origionally replace out.

In post 324, Magua wrote:

The difference is that Farside asks questions, to get answers. You are "Don't like Kdowns hammer though, especially with the 'sorry' comment... seems opertunistic." One of these is trying to actually get information and reads, and one of them is just lazy..

I thought that would be enough to get him to explain the hammer, I didn't like the hammer but I had stronger scum reads at the time that KDowns. And still do.

In post 327, Quilford wrote:

Come on Quilford, its pretty self explanatory!

@Jason: Why are you ignoring that I made the same point and question to Quilford?

Its not that I am ignoring it, I agree Quilford may be very wrong on this matter. However, this is all Mauga makes as his case and makes the vote. I would like to see more of a case from him on Quil, right now as I said, I have a town read on Quilford so far. I agree with questioning him over it, but not a vote.

Mauga is nothing but OMGUS the 2 people who had suspicion on his role.

I am not going to be about much this evening, so any questions to me may well not be answered until tomorrow. I have family over tonight so won't be at the computer much. If I do get the chance I will link you to some scum and town games I have played with Quilford tonight, if not I will tomorrow.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:28 am

Post by IceGuy »

Since everybody has claimed their night action, I can claim mine.

I tracked farside22, since her behavior was suspicious on Day 1, but nobody called her out on that, and her night action is 1-shot. I figured scum was going to send somebody who a) didn't appear suspicious and b) whose loss of the night action didn't matter much to do the night kill.

Her claim was correct.

---

For today, I'm going to go with kdowns. VOTE: kdowns

When a townie is quickhammered, always lynch the hammerer. I haven't played in a single game where a quickhammer on town was performed by a town player.

Other players I'd be willing to lynch are kondi and ConSpiracy. Feeling uneasy about Seacore.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 337, IceGuy wrote:

When a townie is quickhammered, always lynch the hammerer. I haven't played in a single game where a quickhammer on town was performed by a town player.

Other players I'd be willing to lynch are kondi and ConSpiracy. Feeling uneasy about Seacore.

This reeks of Policy Lynch.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 335, kdowns wrote:I don't like how the fact he was trying to lynch mb53 for him JK him last night when he should of JK Seacore, but didn't because "He felt as if he wasn't in danger of being killed that night" as it seemed like he knew exactly who was going to be killed at night, and as for there only being one kill, there is also the possibility that Scum and the SK targeted the same person during the night phase. So it seems like he was pushing for a sorta policy lynch on Day 2.

No, I didn't jail Seacore because I thought the scum thought I would be jailkeeping Seacore. Plus, I found him scummy, but I knew that if he were scum, he wouldn't be used to submit the kill as the mafia would be expecting me to jailkeep him.

The chance that the scum and the SK targeted hiplop of all people -- hiplop seems like a good SK kill, by the way -- is miniscule. So no, I wasn't pushing for a policy lynch.

Your use of the term obvious only adds to the impression you're scum.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 338, kdowns wrote:
In post 337, IceGuy wrote:

This reeks of Policy Lynch.

No, it doesn't -- and your word choice in 'reeks' is telling.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 329, farside22 wrote:
Quilford wrote:Then I remember that I jailkept mb53 and posted it 5 minutes later, at 6:24 pm. I then spent twenty minutes puzzling over what it meant - I initially thought I had jailed the serial killer, believe it or not, but then I realised that Fonz would almost definitely have found a replacement if that were the case. So then I thought that I must've blocked the mafia. And then I had the epiphany that mb53 would be the perfect way to submit the kill as scum. He can't report about his night actions because his slot's absent, people have probably forgotten about him, and best of all: he has no night action.

You never implied SK. In fact you question to the mod was in reference to mafia sending in the kill
Also you did not consider there is a limited doctor.

farside, I have explained all this.

If mb53 were a Serial Killer, he would've been replaced during night. It's already hard to win as an SK, and missing a nightkill would be unfair. Also, hiplop seems like a much more likely target of the SK than it does of the Mafia -- hiplop was under suspicion yesterday. So that's why I didn't think mb53 was the Serial Killer.

You make the point that te Kill Delayer could have protected him -- why would anyone protect mb53? He's wing replaced, he wasn't particularly town, and we've been looking for a replacement for him for ages.

I'm on my phone at the moment, so I'll get the meta later.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 339, Quilford wrote:
In post 335, kdowns wrote:I don't like how the fact he was trying to lynch mb53 for him JK him last night when he should of JK Seacore, but didn't because "He felt as if he wasn't in danger of being killed that night" as it seemed like he knew exactly who was going to be killed at night, and as for there only being one kill, there is also the possibility that Scum and the SK targeted the same person during the night phase. So it seems like he was pushing for a sorta policy lynch on Day 2.

No, I didn't jail Seacore because I thought the scum thought I would be jailkeeping Seacore. Plus, I found him scummy, but I knew that if he were scum, he wouldn't be used to submit the kill as the mafia would be expecting me to jailkeep him.

The chance that the scum and the SK targeted hiplop of all people -- hiplop seems like a good SK kill, by the way -- is miniscule. So no, I wasn't pushing for a policy lynch.

There is a problem with this logic, I never used the term obvious.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 342, kdowns wrote:
In post 339, Quilford wrote:

There is a problem with this logic, I never used the term obvious.

wanna try again?

In post 330, kdowns wrote:

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 am

Post by kdowns »

I stand corrected.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

Farside22 (0)
ConSpiracy (0)
IceGuy (0)
Quilford (6) kondi2424 Farside22 Magua Seacore kdowns

jasont1981(0)
kondi2424 (0)
Seacore (1)
kdowns (0)
Magua (2) Quilford JasonT1981

Not voting: ConSpiracy IceGuy

Lynch was achieved as of #331
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

There were all kinds of plausible deaths available to Michael Kelso. For starters, given the number of times he fell off the water tower, you'd have to think he'd land on his head once. Mind you, this is Kelso we're talking about, so that probably wouldn't have been fatal. What WAS fatal was the group of people he thought were his friends ganging up on him and stringing him up, as they had with red, the previous day. As with the lynching of Red, this one turned out to be a mistake too. You trudge back to the various beds, couches, and armchairs of the Forman house, trying not to think about the horrible truth: You'd just done something that made Kelso look smart by comparison.

"That's a burn about a burn. That's a second degree burn!"

Quilford,
Kelso, Town Jailkeeper,
was lynched Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Deadline will be 7PM BST (2PM Eastern) because that's my window to get online on Saturday. Anyone with night talk may begin immediately.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Laurie Forman was a slut. Everyone knew that. What no-one was aware of was that she swung both ways. It was something of a surprise, then, when you find her in bed with Donna this morning. If you weren't shocked by that, then the bullet holes in both of their heads would probably have done it.

You also find Fez dead. Perhaps the most surprising thing about that was that he
wasn't
hiding in Donna's closet.

"Listen, twerp. Did you ever think maybe it's not that she doesn't want to have babies? Maybe she just doesn't want to have your skinny, whiny, girl-trapped-in-a-boy-body babies."

"So, my parents are, like, fighting all the time, and they want me to choose sides. But I can't, because they're both idiots."

"How much masturbation is too much?"

Kondi2424
, Laurie, Town Slut,
killed Night Two.
Magua,
Donna, Mafia Early-Game Doublevoter,
killed Night Two.
IceGuy,
Fez, Town Tracker,
killed Night Two.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:09 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Holy carnage. OK Last night I protected Seacore despite my push for him being scum. I really did not want too, but day 3 we can get a confirmed town with him so therefor I had to protect him.

I am guessing Kondi invited herself to Iceguy who was the one targetted by someone with a night kill action.

In post 2, The Fonz wrote:

LAURIE FORMAN, THE SLUT/COPYCAT. You have a history of, uh, 'inviting yourself' into other people's homes at night. Any action targeting your host will affect you in the same manner. Better choose caref... oh, never mind.

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Seacore »

Jason, read closely. Kondi was killed with Magua. Laurie was found in bed with Donna.

In other news, Farside is our confirmed townie.

I'm at my parents' today, later tonight I'll post more.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”