saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:50 am

Post by saulres »

It is what it is.

Vi: You quote from this thread quite often without breaking your post restriction. Are you allowed to quote your private QTs in this thread as well?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Luxury »

Talked to drunk Regfan for a little bit, we've been willing to compromise on Fishy/Amrun and it appears that Fishy will be the most likely lynch today. Depending on what sober Regfan says we might switch back to Amrun, both are good lynches.

VOTE: Fishy

Anyway, we are Val Valentino the illusionist/actor. We have no abilities aside from our vote (VT)

-Shift
This is a hydra of Shift and whoever he feels like hydraing with at the time.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 1148, Crab Canon wrote:Fishy, apart from the "Amazing" gate, how do you feel about Amrun? You seem awfully quiet today about who you think is scum other than Anxiety.

Yes, I do. I'm afraid I've simply not had the time to give this game my proper attention yet. This will change no later than Monday.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1150, saulres wrote:Vi: You quote from this thread quite often without breaking your post restriction. Are you allowed to quote your private QTs in this thread as well?
*shrugs*

*sees button*
*does not push it*

Shift 1151 wrote:Talked to drunk Regfan for a little bit
*subjects Regfan to public humilitation*

Shift 1151 wrote:both are good lynches.
*nods*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by saulres »

That's -- not very conclusive.

What I'd like to know, however you can indicate it, is when in your QT with GNR he claimed to be Penn Jillette, before or after you claimed Teller, how long before/after (post numbers), etc.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1154, saulres wrote:What I'd like to know, however you can indicate it, is when in your QT with
GNR he claimed to be Penn Jillette
*shakes head*
*points to Debonair Danny DiPietro*

*holds your red herring*
*grows bored with it*
*feeds red herring to nearby penguin*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1064, ace5993 wrote:
I advise against name-claiming, and I will not be doing so.

Ace, why were you
so
anti-name claiming? I understand "I don't see a point to it" but I don't understand "It's a bad idea."
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1066, Junpei wrote:If we lynch Fish, and barring anything big coming from roleclaims, I would much like to shoot Anxiety in case you don't know that.

Junpei, unless I missed something, Fishy's at L-2. If he's hammered before we can coordinate I want you to know that if Fishy flips scum, then I don't think we should attack 4nxi3ty, but I don't have another target set quite yet. I expect to be able to post full reads on Monday or when Ace answers my question, whichever comes later.
On permanent
V/LA
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Glancing at Anxiety's late day 2, I see him arguing strongly against a specific theory - that GNR was scum and scum shot at Vi. He's right, that particular theory was odd, but he pushed that wrongness disproportionately hard to its importance. I can see this from scum with GNR who didn't shoot at Vi - it's nice to be able to defend your scumbuddy while still actually being right, and even arguing against one specific GNRscum theory is pushing against his wagon.

@Amrun: you seemed to push against that theory very hard yesterday, when IIRC noone was really pushing it or voting based off it. Why?

Today, Amrun's play makes sense to me as scum or town, and is pretty much null. Town in Amrun's position would emphasise, as he has, the distinction between defending GNR and pushing against Vi's theory. But so would scum.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by ace5993 »

saulres - I played this little questioning game with 4nxi3ty before and this time I absolutely refuse to answer blatantly obvious/already been explained questions. Get back to me when you find my answer to that question (it won't be too hard).

Claims:

Vi - Bulletproof
Crab Canon - VT
SnakePlissen - RoleCop
saulres - 1/2 vig
Luxury - VT
Junpei - 1/2 vig
4nxi3ty - VT
Fishy - RB
Amrun - VT

I'm absolutely positive Vi is town and I'd be stunned if saulres was scum.

We have 3 scum and a third party (most likely SK). So where the hell did the kills go? It's literally impossible for there to be a potential three kills, they couldn't have all been blocked/unresolved last night. So the two kills are most likely saulres/Junpei and the SK, saulres/Junpei being either town/town or town/scum.

This is my theory:

Night 1 - Fishy blocks 4nxi3ty (SK)
saulres/Junpei kill sotty

Night 2 - Fishy blocks saulres/Junpei (my best guess is that a block on either of them stops the kill, and if they differ on who to pick it is determined randomly, as there was something said about hitting the wrong person, or it is determined randomly beforehand who "makes the kill" and the RB is resolved normally).
4nxi3ty hits Vi

This is the only possible explanation I see. Vi is still alive so he can only have been hit once, and obviously he wasn't hit last night. I think 4nxi3ty is pretty much confirmed to be SK.

At this point full reads would take too long for me to do tonight, but so far:

Vi - Town
saulres - Town
4nxi3ty - SK

I'm almost 100% sure with these.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:59 am

Post by saulres »

You don't think the scum have kills?

Can you point me to a game where the scum don't get to kill anybody? I mean, isn't that what makes them scum in the first place?
On permanent
V/LA
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1160, saulres wrote:Can you point me to a game where the scum don't get to kill anybody? I mean, isn't that what makes them scum in the first place?
*throws bright orange ball at saulres*

ace5993 wrote:We have 3 scum and a third party (most likely SK).
*shakes head*
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Junpei »

Saulres, I got that we aren't killing Anxiety if/when Fishy flips scum. As for who would be my second choice, I'm not sure yet to be honest, but I have to think either Amrun or Snake.

There's some great points on Amrun around here, and his death would help I think anyway, especially considering he claimed VT (+amazing).

Snake hasn't posted much so I wouldn't at this juncture shoot him, but if the lurkiness continues, I'd be fine with it.

Ace: The RB Anxiety sequence makes /sense/, but only in the context of that vacuum. Scum + Vig + SK = so few kills? Yes I know that sometimes scum don't have kills, but I'm not assuming that until we get an SK flip.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Luxury »

I'm about to head to bed and will get to this game in the morning but you're not vigging Snake, shooting a rolecop is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard. Also I don't see there being a SK in the setup at all with shared vig claims.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Junpei »

Yeah I forgot he was a rolecop when I posted that. I guess my vote is currently on Amrun then.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I agree with Luxury, particularly the don't shoot snake part. He's V/LA first of all...that's his reason for not posting. Second, he can investigate people who claimed PRs or VT to see if they are telling the truth. Anyone returning unclaimed abilities is likely scum. Why you would want to shoot him is beyond me.

I think you guys shooting between Amrun and Anxiety is a good idea tonight.

I'm willing to wait on the Fishy lynch a few more days until he and Snake can get some posts in.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

let me start by saying that i know this theory is a bit of a stretch but keep in mind this is a game of illusions and magic tricks. also, this is the only way i can make sense of my reads.

first off my read of gnr before the flip was that of a newb townie who was having trouble keeping up with both the thread and his qt. after he flipped scum looking back the only indication of his scumminess was lack of activity similar to springlullaby and what vi said about his qt.

In post 923, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:I have a feeling that at this point, no matter what I do, I'm still getting lynched. I also know that Saulres is probably looking forward to hammering me, so...

VOTE: Guy_Named_Riggs

Spoiler: post lynch notes
Well, I guess that's a lynch. Congrats to you guys for catching scum. As it was pointed out, I was newbscum. Well done. I didn't think it would be that hard to play scum in this game, but I learned differently. Oh well, now I know what to improve for next time. Thanks for the good game and sorry you had to deal with me like that. Good Luck Scum!!!

and Vi, I thought you would have acted differetnly since we had that QT together. Guess I was wrong.

the timing of this self hammer has been bugging me ever since it happened, the tone of it has more elation than a sad bah moment. it reads like "You caught me! I'm scum!Town is awesome!!!"

and moments before that self-hammer there was this claim:
In post 919, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:Maybe if you had read my ISO more carefully, you would have seen I already claimed.

But just to reillistrate...

I am Penn Jillette, An American magician/comedian. i work with Teller. I have a 1-shot Bullet proof scenario due to my illusion called the Bullet Catch Trick. And I am Pro-Town.

there's my claim.

this post has overtures of anger. i don't see how you can go from anger to joy when there really wasn't much of a response to his claim. likewise i find it odd that he self-hammered before anybody had a chance to believe his claim.

than there is the reveal of sylvia browne. how is this person the godfather of the scumteam, supposedly the biggest threat to town? flavorwise i don't get why sylvia browne would have a fakeclaim of penn jillette, isn't penn and teller suppose to be the ultimate good guys of this game? also when looking at sylvia browne's wiki i noticed that most of her claims have been proven false.

my theory is that scum had an ability to write the last post of someone's game and provide a false reveal.

wether or not this is correct, my only read that is not affected by it is saulres. so please do me a favor, re-read his posts and vote accordingly.

the rest of my reads are up in the air and contingent on the next flip.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1166, 4nxi3ty wrote:my theory is that scum had an ability to write the last post of someone's game and provide a false reveal.
*puts thumb way, way, down*

*sits bored*
Luxury
Luxury
Townie
Luxury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Luxury »

Yeah.....that's going to be the stupidest 'theory' that I've ever heard but it's actually strengthened my town-read on you surprisingly enough. Also, I don't see any particular need to draw or drag this day out at all. At this point I'm convinced that lynching Fishy and having Amrun vigged will net us two scum or at worst one.

Now I'm really going to try and get some sleep.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 am

Post by saulres »

Vi, you could etntertain yourself by letting me know at which post in your QT with GNR he claimed Penn...

pEdit: I'm going to put a vote and a planned vig sometime tomorrow if all goes right. I need time, because 1) it's the weekend and 2) the entire paradigm just shifted with the thought that scum can't kill, so I have to rethink almost everything.
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Crab Canon »

well, if people are set on not waiting for fishy or snake, we may as well just lynch fishy then and move things along. I'm willing to hammer today. I'll be online for the next two hours or so.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 1168, Luxury wrote:Yeah.....that's going to be the stupidest 'theory' that I've ever heard but it's actually strengthened my town-read on you surprisingly enough. Also, I don't see any particular need to draw or drag this day out at all. At this point I'm convinced that lynching Fishy and having Amrun vigged will net us two scum or at worst one.

Now I'm really going to try and get some sleep.

yeh... i know how ridiculous it sounds, but it is the only way i can think of that fits with my reads. so if it is wrong than almost all my day one and day two reads are wrong which is starting to look more likely.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1169, saulres wrote:Vi, you could etntertain yourself by letting me know at which post in your QT with GNR he claimed Penn...
*impatiently points to post 1155*

Luxury 1168 wrote:Also, I don't see any particular need to draw or drag this day out at all. At this point I'm convinced that lynching Fishy and having Amrun vigged will net us two scum or at worst one.
*nods*
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Crab Canon »

unvote, vote: Fishy

ok then, let's hope that's for the best.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Fishythefish »

This is a crap lynch. It's based almost entirely on my claim which a) makes perfect sense as town and b) would be a really odd scum play. I'm town. Don't lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”