Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

It wasn't until Day 2 that you said confidently he was scum. You
did
mention him offhandedly in several of your Day o1 posts, you
did
vote him with out explanation several times, or just as a "placeholder vote," You
did
unvote him a couple of times with out any good reason listed.

I'll go back and read on from Day 2, but it looks more like weak bussing to me.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 775, Whiskers wrote:It wasn't until Day 2 that you said confidently he was scum. You
did
mention him offhandedly in several of your Day o1 posts, you
did
vote him with out explanation several times, or just as a "placeholder vote," You
did
unvote him a couple of times with out any good reason listed.

I'll go back and read on from Day 2, but it looks more like weak bussing to me.

Hmm. I seem to remember unvoting (or not voting) due to other players acting scummier than him.

D1 I didn't vote because Vox (and later nin) were acting scummier.
D2 I did vote him, but then Friend and Hiraki became our top suspects, Hiraki moreso than Friend thanks to his interaction with Vox.
And I just voted him now in D3 because I'm not as confident in Christine being our second in the double-lynch.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Whiskers »

I'm no longer confident in her being out double lynch either, although I'm still confident that she
should
be. I think her flip will tell me a lot about Rainbowdash. who, if a good enough player, could have bussed a teammate going down hard. With daychat, it would be easy enough for her to tell Nintendo, "don't fight this, it'll give me loads of towncred." Or, "just be stuborn and don't answer my questions. When you fli scum, I'll getloads of towncred."

This mafia daychat bullshit is really freaking me out.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Whiskers »

The other thing that is odd, is that your case for Nopony Special for being scummy is that he was stubborn about me answering the question, and then his bad case on me afterwards, but now it's just because, "I'm not confident in the Christine lynch."
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 778, Whiskers wrote:The other thing that is odd, is that your case for Nopony Special for being scummy is that he was stubborn about me answering the question, and then his bad case on me afterwards, but now it's just because, "I'm not confident in the Christine lynch."

The case still applies. But with Christine dropping out as a suspect, he comes right back up to the forefront.

From what I can recall of his posts as of late (late D2-now), he hasn't really done a whole lot, either in this game or to change my mind.

Whiskers, I understand if you find my wording strange, as that's probably not the best way to put it. But I had to shift him down to a lesser scumread in light of what went on near the end of D2, and with one of the two pepople that were the prime suspects going into D3 out of that spotlight, he comes right back up.

(...I feel like I was overly redundant in this post...)

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Whiskers »

At least you were fairly clear. Better clear than not-redundant.

I still want Christine Lynched. I can handle a Nopony Special lynch. My mind is full of fuck and I can make a couple of scumteams, but I am stuck on Rainbowdash being scum.

I'm actually having a problem with her in another game, so I don't know what to do.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 780, Whiskers wrote:
I still want Christine Lynched
. I can handle a Nopony Special lynch. My mind is full of fuck and I can make a couple of scumteams, but I am stuck on Rainbowdash being scum.

Given that you just said a couple posts ago you're not confident in Christine's lynch, is this supposed to say "I still want FRIEND lynched"?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Whiskers »

No, you said that. I said that I wasn't confident in her lynch-- meaning that I'm not confident she will be lynched. Read what I said.

"I'm no longer confident in her being out double lynch either, although I'm still confident that she
should
be."
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 782, Whiskers wrote:No, you said that. I said that I wasn't confident in her lynch-- meaning that I'm not confident she will be lynched. Read what I said.

"I'm no longer confident in her being out double lynch either, although I'm still confident that she
should
be."

Ah. My apologies, then.

Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Christine »

I am still fine with being lynched, but the mass voice seems to be shifting. Do we still want to do a double lynch today? There is always the option of single lynching today and double lynching tomorrow.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 771, Whiskers wrote:
In post 769, Rainbowdash wrote:Not going to break up leaders right now. If I could actually vote for just one player at a time, which I have no freaking clue why we arent allowed to, its just giving scum a higher EV, I would have put a vote on you here.
Sure. Fine. It's odd, since it looks like the others don't care so much.

Well given that a mislynch of a single pony today takes away our ability to ever double lynch, im not letting it happen.

I don't understand this. He had, like, thre players he was willing to take down with him. It'd be pretty easy to pick on of the ones that isn't a scumbuddy and have him double mislynch, or if worst comes to worst, take one of the scum that was going down and suggest he double lynch with them.-- Thereby getting rid of the double lynch and an extra townie.

Ok... this stuff keeps making me second guess you since you entirely miss my point which I really dont get how you are going to miss it as scum. Lets say you are scum with Nintendo, AV says I was X/Y/Z to get lynched with me, X is nintendo, Y is you. There is only one pony that might be safe to lynch. Not allowing the double lynch is the best thing you could do as scum there.

Just the vote on nintendo from Christine feels more like town to me, I mean, I can see it as scum but it feels scummy.

@NS - Why did you move your vote off nintendo day one?

Im reevaluating stuff.

I still want the Friend lynch, but im becoming a little more open on the second one. Whiskers I go back and forth liking for town, then thinking she is scum, then thinking she is town again. This is the whole 'inattentive' thing I kept having problems with earlier, Whiskers just seems to go in and out of reading and that is SO not awesome as it really screws with me ability to get reads.

Christine is just a mess on her own. I am 100% sure that was a botched double hammer no matter WHAT that pony is. So we really need to judge her based on early interactions I think, which are slight town to me. If anypony is actually voting her because of that mixup, reevaluate.

What else though... ugh... just feel a little lost here and im trying to figure out the differences between what I want to be true, what I think is true and stupid WIFOM. All point me in different directions.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 785, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 771, Whiskers wrote:
In post 769, Rainbowdash wrote:Not going to break up leaders right now. If I could actually vote for just one player at a time, which I have no freaking clue why we arent allowed to, its just giving scum a higher EV, I would have put a vote on you here.
Sure. Fine. It's odd, since it looks like the others don't care so much.

Well given that a mislynch of a single pony today takes away our ability to ever double lynch, im not letting it happen.

I don't understand this. He had, like, thre players he was willing to take down with him. It'd be pretty easy to pick on of the ones that isn't a scumbuddy and have him double mislynch, or if worst comes to worst, take one of the scum that was going down and suggest he double lynch with them.-- Thereby getting rid of the double lynch and an extra townie.

Ok... this stuff keeps making me second guess you since you entirely miss my point which I really dont get how you are going to miss it as scum. Lets say you are scum with Nintendo, AV says I was X/Y/Z to get lynched with me, X is nintendo, Y is you. There is only one pony that might be safe to lynch. Not allowing the double lynch is the best thing you could do as scum there.

Just the vote on nintendo from Christine feels more like town to me, I mean,
I can see it as scum but it feels scummy.
???

@NS - Why did you move your vote off nintendo day one?

Im reevaluating stuff.

I still want the Friend lynch, but im becoming a little more open on the second one.
Open how? Open to whom?
Whiskers I go back and forth liking for town, then thinking she is scum, then thinking she is town again.
This makes me even more suspicious of you. Have a scum read on me. That's fine. It's wrong, but its notmal. Have a town read on me. It's a little suspicios, but I can handle it while keeping my eye on you. But Do Not have me as lukewarm. You are intentionally putting me in "easy lynch" range, and at any time you'll turn around and say, "I thought Whiskers was scummy from the beginning!"
This is the whole 'inattentive' thing I kept having problems with earlier, Whiskers just seems to go in and out of reading and that is SO not awesome as it really screws with me ability to get reads.
No, you're missing the point. I'm not "going in and out of reading," I'm reading the whole damn thng, I but I'm disagreeing with you. You little bit up there, for example. Nope. The best thing for scum to do, is to lynch X with AVox. Since he's willing to lynch X, Y, or Z with himself, if Y and Z are scum, then obbiously, they should double lynch Avox and X, taking away the town's most dangerous weapon, their double lynch, and two townies as well. Boom. You're wrong.
However, I've noted the fact that you wouldn't risk it.

Christine is just a mess on her own. I am 100% sure that was a botched double hammer no matter WHAT that pony is. So we really need to judge her based on early interactions I think, which are slight town to me. If anypony is actually voting her because of that mixup, reevaluate.
Then you had better make a case. For as to why she's town. Go ISO christine, and explicitly say why each thin is townie and why I should think she's town The only thing that's keeping me from voting for her is that you keep defending her poorly. It looks like an attempt to frame the poor dear. One more, "we need to look at her past interactions!" or "She just
feels
town to me ,look at her play!" And I will lynch you. No. Her Day 1 play was null. Her past interactions were null. You think she's town? prove it.

What else though... ugh... just feel a little lost here and im trying to figure out the differences between what I want to be true, what I think is true and stupid WIFOM. All point me in different directions.
I' not buying it. Link me to a game where you were scum?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Also, why does me not understanding something make you feel like I"m more of a town read than before? Too dumb to scum?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Rainbow -- I moved my vote off of nintendo on Day One because I moved it ONTO you -- for your scummy-as-fuck gambit about the cop claim bullshit.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Why was that scummy, again?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I mean, since no Townie would have claimed cop, and it could only have benefitted town when a scum lipped yup, I don't see what was scummy about it,.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I initially thought that she was scummy for not reading the game/not knowing the setup.

On reflection, it was (I guess) a good trap. Gambits in general just annoy me, though. (Yeah, I use them sometimes. I'm a hypocrite, sue me.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote count

Voidedmafia
Christine - 1 (Christine)
Robotnick2
killerjester
Friend Mairsil - 2 (Christine, Voidedmafia)
Whiskers
Rainbowdash
Nobody Special - 1 (Voidedmafia)

Not voting - Friend Marisil, Whiskers, Rainbowdash, Nobody Special, killerjester, Robotnick2

Rainbowdash has requested replacement
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Robotnick2 »

In post 792, ThAdmiral wrote:

Rainbowdash has requested replacement

I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Whiskers »

Of course.

Rainbowdash, link a game where you flaked as scum when put under pressure?

Maybe the replacement will play the game with a little bit more than gut.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Just going to make this last post.

There is something that happened out of thread that is having a direct impact on my view of this game. I cannot under good conscious continue to play in the game as it is not fair to the rest of the players. I have discussed it with the mod and have been thinking about this overnight and believe it really is the best course of action and the only one that upholds the integrity of the game.

Good luck everypony.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 am

Post by killerjester »

Where is FM hiding, by the way?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I wish I knew, Kj.

ThAd: I'm voting NS now, not Christine. Friend vote is correct, though.

fixed
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Whiskers »

Okay, I need to talk with GLaDOS and Rainbowdash, because this happened in another game too and I can't fucking
fathom
what could possibly occur that could "have a direct impact of my view of the game" that would make me quit. I can't think of a single god damned
thing,
and now it's happened
twice
and I am as enraged now as I was when it happened the first time.
Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Christine »

Perhaps someone contacted him about what alignment or role they had?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”