NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 547, funkybike1 wrote:
In post 531, Pine wrote:
In post 523, Revenus wrote:Fencing's gay.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Seriously though, get an avatar. It makes it a lot easier to pick out your posts when skimming through to find quotes and points you've made, and there's a significant subconscious benefit to having an image to immediately associate with a name.

And Pops, you just can't resist the opportunity to provide a bunch of off-topic content when the chance presents itself, can you? Apply that level of commitment to the actual game, and I wouldn't be as suspicious of you.

Claiming or softclaiming PRs of any kind on D1 (not counting L-1 "claim or die" moments) is a bad idea in most cases, as it unnecessarily gives scum information and insight into your thought processes. A Townie fakeclaiming and even fakesoftclaiming can force a real PR into counterclaiming for a supposed scum kill, resulting in an otherwise innocent Townie being mislynched. Fakeclaiming vig is especially stupid, as it will very often lead to the REAL vig saying "Aha! That's either scum or the SK setting up a vig fakeclaim. I'll shoot him to find out." And we again have a dead fakeclaimer, with the added benefit of a wasted friendly fire shot.

^See? That's all that needed to be said. It isn't a discussion that will eat up half a day and a dozen posts, it's an experienced player taking
part
of a
single
post to completely defeat the incorrect idea, explain why, and re-educate. I'm moving on from this off-topic conversation and so should everyone else.

PE: Four more fucking fluff posts about this since I started typing? Shut the fuck up about it, people.

Keep this post right here in mind.

I lol'd. You can be Town...for now.

I think your wit is lost on at least 75% of the thread, though.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

aughhh funky why did you just.. you were supposed to... whatever.

actually liking amateur this game, seems like he's legitly scumhunting, rather than being a useless sack of ****.
Oddly enough most of my reads come to par with him.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Then your reads are terrible.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

'lol'

to each is his own, *****. i'll go by mine, unless you can really convince me why they are terrible as you say.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Are you going to back up the Amatuer ultimatum?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:08 am

Post by theamatuer »

In post 520, Pine wrote:
In post 517, theamatuer wrote:
In post 516, Slandaar wrote:
In post 500, theamatuer wrote:
Pine: one of beck/Pine is scum, and Pine seems the better canidate of the two

Why?

why does one have to be scum?

why cant they both be town?

what has alerted you to the fact one of them HAS to be scum?

I feel that one of them should be scum based on the interaction between Beck and Pine
That possibility could happen, but one of them being scum is way more possible.
And they dont HAVE to be scum, its they SHOULD be scum due to their constant attacking of each other.

The bolded is a
stunning
logical fallacy. Shit, I don't even know whether that makes him more or less scummy at this point. If I thought he were feigning that kind of illogic, or trying to manipulate others into believing it, then yeah. But if he actually believes that makes sense, that throws a lot of my read off. It's like fencing with an 8-year-old (nerd alert). When fencing a novice adult, an experienced fencer can beat them easily, because adults (or at least those prone to taking up fencing) have been inundated their whole lives with poor examples of the skill. They're predictable and it's easy to get in their head. But children are sometimes the most frustrating opponents, because you don't know
what
the fuck they're going to do. Or why. Total wild cards, even if their attacks don't make an ounce of sense, they can catch you off-guard by how ridiculous they are.
Oh, did I catch you off guard?
But why do you need to be on guard in the first place?
To defend an argument? But why if you claim that I'm an idiot and my cases are stupid?
Or is it because you're afraid a supposedly better player comes and attacks you?
But why are you afraid of that if you're town?
Unless You're not.

In post 531, Pine wrote:

Seriously though, get an avatar. It makes it a lot easier to pick out your posts when skimming through to find quotes and points you've made, and there's a significant subconscious benefit to having an image to immediately associate with a name.

And Pops, you just can't resist the opportunity to provide a bunch of off-topic content when the chance presents itself, can you? Apply that level of commitment to the actual game, and I wouldn't be as suspicious of you.

Claiming or softclaiming PRs of any kind on D1 (not counting L-1 "claim or die" moments) is a bad idea in most cases, as it unnecessarily gives scum information and insight into your thought processes. A Townie fakeclaiming and even fakesoftclaiming can force a real PR into counterclaiming for a supposed scum kill, resulting in an otherwise innocent Townie being mislynched. Fakeclaiming vig is especially stupid, as it will very often lead to the REAL vig saying "Aha! That's either scum or the SK setting up a vig fakeclaim. I'll shoot him to find out." And we again have a dead fakeclaimer, with the added benefit of a wasted friendly fire shot.

^See? That's all that needed to be said. It isn't a discussion that will eat up half a day and a dozen posts, it's an experienced player taking
part
of a
single
post to completely defeat the incorrect idea, explain why, and re-educate. I'm moving on from this off-topic conversation and so should everyone else.

PE: Four more fucking fluff posts about this since I started typing? Shut the fuck up about it, people.
No. I know several players that softclaim PR as an VT to pull off scumkills. Softclaims should NEVER be cc'd by the real PR, only HARDCLAIMS.
In post 550, Pine wrote:
In post 547, funkybike1 wrote:
In post 531, Pine wrote:

part
of a
single

Keep this post right here in mind.

I lol'd. You can be Town...for now.

I think your wit is lost on at least 75% of the thread, though.

A sharp wit does not a townie make.
Its just whatever
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Let's call a gag rule on softclaiming.
"Well, I..."
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 am

Post by theamatuer »

Why?
So you scum can pick off the PR's easier?
FOS: pops
Its just whatever
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Revenus »

Ok I seriously regret saying anything of the nature, as I'm obviously not the vig. Why would I ever risk saying anything as the vig? Don't be stupid people.

Anyways, I see sword of omens is online, and he needs to post.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

sigh...
"Well, I..."
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

ok, took awhile but i am mostly caught up...
i apologize for the weekend..it's harder for me to sign on during the weekend..
that said, during the week i'll be posting daily...

gonna reply to posts directed at me first:
In post 365, Revenus wrote:And sword, don't fucking bother posting shit like that. I'm holding you to that promise and expect ACTUAL content, not just some 2 line justification over your poor vote choice that will be upcoming.

fair enough..i was prodded, and said i would post when i had a computer...here it is on the day that i said i would post, and that's what i'm doing..no need to say that my "upcoming vote choice" will be poor..wait at least until i post my vote before saying how crappy it is..

In post 367, Revenus wrote:Oh and sword of omens is probably scum. His first post going "oh hey zdenek glad to see you made it :)" is actually a huge scumtell.

lol...ok...and how is that exactly?

getting this out of the way now:
the whole Beck and Pine back and forth is more annoying than anything else...
i will go so far as to say Beck reads town to me...

Beck wrote:You guys bad mouth me but nobody is responding to my requests, and being ingnored just pisses me off more, which just causes me to shit post more. I shouldn't have to ask multiple times for the people who call my cases bullshit to explain it to me. To those who are annoyed at my postings, why don't you try to explain why they think my cases are shit. I'm mad cause I'm being ignored so ignoring me more isn't the way to shut me up

As far as Zdenek is concerned...my previous game with him, pretty much started out D1 with him and me going back and forth about as bad as Beck and Pine...He was very verbal out the gate, and actively scumhunting, and more sure of himself...here he starts out with a PL (looks to be serious to me as he even posted a link), then claims it was a joke when it doesn't fly...

Zdenek wrote:Do you think that all lies/gambits by town are scummy?

no...if you have a strong read on someone, it might pay off if you can apply just enough added pressure to get them to slip up... if they think you have something on them, they can easily scramble and slip up...although i wouldn't make it a habit, otherwise people will stop taking you seriously...
But i don't think its what you did, it's how you did it...with weak reasoning...that seems odd for you...

Couple things of note:

I don't like the way FunkyBike has all of about 5 posts...all one-liners..not to mention his lol Vig claim...
Shattered has pretty much been comedy relief with no real input either...not sure how i like that yet, but i would like to hear more from him...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Hiraki »

draaaaaaaaama
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Are you fully caught up sword? I think Shattered has enough material for you to have an initial read.
"Well, I..."
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

yeh, re-read his posts...
still not really sure if i can take him seriously...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Beck »

Shattered promised he would post today and nothing, plus more uselessness from hiraki. I'm telling you one of these 2 are scum thinking they can troll through the game, I've seen this tactic before recently on ms. We need to pressure them or they won't contribute. Right now neither is helping town catch scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Beck »

Another one I think is playing really well of popping in but staying off the radar is bvoigt, I'm very leery of him too
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Do we seriously have more vig claims? Sigh...
Keeping my vote where it is. Content from Primal plox
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Zdenek »

pops wrote:
Anyone else look this up? The post seemed to show little evidence of sorgster being a bad player. It had even less evidence of the player being unreadable, which is an important component of any good policy lynch. Failure to help out with scumhunting isn't good enough. Poor voting accuracy isn't good enough. A bad, but transparent player can be ignored when he makes crappy attacks, overruled by a wise town when he votes poor targets, and then lynched or not lynched based on his attempts at play.

pops wrote:
Why did this take 20 pages?

I kinda get it now. -sigh-
unvote

Lying scum. Can we lynch pops now please.

As far as Beck's regardless of my alignment tell goes, I think lynching Pine for saying that would be about as good as lynching randomly.

bvoigt wrote:
What makes SodaSpirit legitimately scummy? Isn't he a lurker, too?

SS17 wrote:
However, I've been reading. I don't like IAAUN (mostly because of Rev's post, and how it tied into his scum-play in another game I played with) and Pine. Pine needs more pressure, he's acting a bit suspicious.

He gives a reason for finding someone scummy, but makes a pressure vote for vague reasons.

Pine is providing meta while complaining about people talking about other games.

Pine's reaction to revenus' vig joke seems forced. as does that post where he complains about the game stalling.

Sword, don't talk about ongoing games.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Beck »

Let the mod deal with inactives, your vote is wasted and makes you look scummy IMO.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Beck »

mod, please prod primate

Primate has received a prod. Thanks for being nice about it, Beck.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Could put my vote back on you Beck..
But liking what you have to say recently
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count Revolution Number Nine

funkybike1 (6): bvoigt, theamatuer, Slandaar, Sky, SodaSpirit17, vijay2vasandani

Revenus (3): DavidParker, Shattered Viewpoint, iamausername
Popsofctown (2): Zdenek, ZeL1Nk
Zdenek (2): Hiraki, Sorgster
ZeL1Nk (1): funkybike1
Sky (1): ThAdmiral
Primate (1): ScreamingHawk
sword_of_omens (1): Revenus
theamatuer (1): popsofctown
Shattered Viewpoint (1): Beck
theamatuer (1): Pine

WITH TWENTY-TWO ALIVE, IT'S TWELVE TO LYNCH.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 2ND @ 10PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

I don't know what is it about this game, but people seem to be so arrogant. Can we just put that aside and play?
The people I am thinking we should lynch are:
1 - funkybike - bandwagoning like hell, no contribution whatsoever and a stupid vig claim I don't believe
2 - zdenek - pl that he said was fake but didn't really seem like it
3 - shattered - stupid to think he can catch 4 scum so early in the game. Not super sure of his scumminess, but leaning scum because his arrogance is something I would expect from scum who is trying to bluff his way through.
coming back after a 3 year break.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 497, Pine wrote:This is starting to stall a bit.

Okay, everyone in your next post, please list your top three or four preferences (not your top one that we've heard about ad nauseum) for
today's
lynch and a sentence or two about
why
for each. Again, preferably in new words an not the same ones you've used before. Rank-ordering is a plus.

Well obv sky is my main scum read at the moment. Other than that I have a bunch of town reads, and then there's a lot of other people who I basically can't distinguish because they haven't really done anything.

I will say I think the wagon on funkybike is a bit too easy. In terms of both target and how easily it is moving along picking up followers.

I get this weird feeling that everything that has come off looking 'scummy" so far hasn't been perpertrated by scum. I mean some of it is too stupid to say as scum, and some of it has just been misconstrued. I realise that is a little vague, so to point out some examples: pine saying something about not caring if someone else is scum, theam's false dilemma between pine and beck, everything funkybike says etc. I feel like the scum is sitting back and sniping. In any case it's what I'd do as scum.

Just thought I'd mention I'm not quite up to date. I'm on page 21 and have run out of time. Will post again later this evening.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Beck »

I can't believe I am actually saying this, but I am envoking a little bit of rainbow dash up in here, I think funky's play is way to obviously bad for him to be scum. I sadly agree with Shattered on this point that he is just n00b or something, I don't think he is scum. I do hope he participates more and starts providing content, but for now this wagon is no bueno.

the 2 people on that wagon I am most leery of is bvoigt and theamateur

Vote: bvoight
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”