New York 138: OxyMoron Mafia :: Game Over!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@NS - you should trust me - and I say trust them, I have a beard.

@Oversoul - the liklihood of SK being last alive now that the theory one-shot Doc is gone looks pretty high to my mind, i tend to agree it's likely just one anti-town kill faction left, I'll admit I almost expect it to either be super dynamite SK or some additional scum team, as stands town is looking pretty powerful and that scum team was 'meh' at best. Also, you guys are going spastic in hope for this SK...where's the re-director who got you that false positive? Is that an SK ability? Really? I predict solid chance for additional scum at the moment.

mastin's list looks pretty good except I'm basically confirmed town and he doesn't know it yet but once he strokes my beard a few times he'll catch up. I think Xanatos has to claim at this point and is high likelihood of lynch today barring lolamazing claim. My personal read on Emp at the moment is that your investigate can be trusted as far as any gunsmith can be trusted as I don't think anyone gakked with you last night.

Has David X claimed yet? That's where we're at in these proceedings (I still haven't read gak - so if he claimed prior to my replace in someone should let me know).
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Wanting to make some sense about DX's talk about Indy/Scum earlier in the thread. Leaves out SK from his list of 3rd Party Roles, which is odd because SK is the first one that comes to mind. Little thing, though

David should claim. I think mastin's list is pretty good.
Sproink!
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Xeras »

Dude. I am not letting Oversoul off the hook. Here is what likely happened.

OVersoul- 'How can I look more town, despite being mafia? Ah, I know, I will bus my inactive scum buddies.'
Day 2. - 'Hey guys! I wasted my 'investigation' on someone that is inactive, instead of going after one of my 'scumreads' I know I only have something like a 28%chance, but trust me guys!
Night 2 - (Scum buddy) I don't really feel like playing this game. Bus me for more town points, and secure the win!
Day 3- Hey! I found another one! Follow the Gunsmith that the mafia does not care about!
Night 3- Shit. No one else to bus. Meh. I will just say that I investigated RedFF, and see how that goes.
Day 4 - Guys. I didn't find one this time, but RedFF is definitely innocent. Oh. They are onto Ironhead, and it looks like he will be lynched. Might as well bus him
Night 4 - Bwahaha! It is time for ProjectMatt to die.
~~~~ Busdriver switches Pine and Projectmatt, thus killing off Pine. (I looked into it. Consider this outguessing, but whatever. Normal games can include one 'special' role)
Day 5 - Grr! Pine died. Projectmatt must be a PGO... Wait a minute! I know, Projectmatt has a gun. I am a gunsmith. GUYS LYNCH PM, HE GOT A GUN!

Vote: Oversoul
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Xeras - So how many scumbuddies does he need to help us catch before you're willing to keep him around to near lylo?

Is he uber clear? Nah. Is he fairly unlikely mafia? Yeah, pretty much. What do you think of the SK possibilities?
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Xeras »

My view on a potential SK is pretty much that one does not exist. We are down a Bodyguard and a jailkeeper. We have only have had one death for five nights. Now, I can see some... like perhaps one or two overlapping kills, but as far as I remember togtfo was pretty much lynchbait. Why would two separate factions choose togtfo on day 6.

Unless of course you think that there is a bodyguard, a jailer, a even night vig, a joat, a gunsmith, and an additional doctor. Ah, and my busdriver theory.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I don't think all power is properly accredited for currently, no.

If it's not a SK are you claiming there is one scum faction with different kill flavors and they shot themselves due to a town/Independent busdriver effect?
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Xeras »

That's exactly what I am saying, I am starting to see the rhythm of this game. When Oversoul is lynched, and flips scum, there is roughly a 40% chance that RedFF is scum. Though, rhythm says it is more likely that evilpacman is the scum.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Would you maybe like to wait until we at least get a claim of town/Indy Busdriver before you lynch a claimed town PR who has helped lynch three scum? If we get that claim I'm totally willing to back you on that one, but until then....eh.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Xeras, why exactly am I scum? Because my guilty on Projectmatt wasn't a guilty?

I have already given you reasons as to why I cannot be scum (why would the roleblocker target me? why would I needlessly out 3 of my partners?, etc) and can you please vote David so that he has pressure to claim.

Why was TOG lynchbait? He fucking caught Pine. Xeras, there are 2 kills 5 nights with the first 2 nights definitely foiling the SK's kill attempts either by direct roleblock (David) or by protecting the victim (Empking).

I also cannot be the SK as I would have completely avoided the JK and his targets if I was the SK...
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 am

Post by redFF »

could os be an sk gunsmith? I don't know who he checked the night pine was killed and last night.

In post 1575, evilpacman18 wrote:
vote: projectmatt

also epm you are making it very difficult to trust you and os with this your only post of yesterday.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Empking »

Busdrivers are not allowed.

Vote: DX
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1634, redFF wrote:could os be an sk gunsmith? I don't know who he checked the night pine was killed and last night.

In post 1575, evilpacman18 wrote:
vote: projectmatt

also epm you are making it very difficult to trust you and os with this your only post of yesterday.

Fuck you guys. God damn. I got roleblocked the night Pine died and Matt was my last scum member choice from Ironhead v Fat, Foolish Fool, and Matt so I faked a guilty on him. I didn't think there would be a damn SK in the set up.

I have already proven that I am not the SK and neither is EPM, he voted for him because we had a lengthy decision on who to investigate/fake guilty if I got roleblocked.

Yes I lied when I said "damn framer" but that was only because I didn't know if there was another scum member alive or not and I wanted to test reactions just like I was testing reactions by saying "oh whoever killed Pine is confirmed town".

DX is the only logical choice left and I would appreciate it if you derps wouldn't vote me. :\
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:51 am

Post by redFF »

honestly you shouldn't go around faking guiltys and epm shouldn't barely post in thread but have a ton of pro-town discussion in a qt that none of us can view.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

Well I thought Matt was the last scum so I thought it was worth it. :\
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

Vote David though please. :)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

Estyn, Vanilla Townie, paradoxed to death Night 1
bvoigt whiTE_Teaz, Bodyguard, paradoxed to death Night 2
Hoppster Kcdaspot, Jailkeeper, paradoxed to death Night 3

Pine Foolish Fool (Haylen + JordanA24), Mafia Roleblocker, chiasmused to death Night 4.
TOGTFO LordChronos, Jack of All Trades, chiasmused to death Night 5.

Note the change in kill techniques. Unless the scum have individual methods of killing and somehow managed to kill themselves, Pine aint a scum kill.

Another mafia faction is impossible; they'd need three to four members, and this game is too small to have seven to eight scum.

Furthermore, game balance dictates it. Look at Neruzian Era Big. The power roles within are about equal to what we've had, and the scumteam was also about equal to what we've had, and they also had daytalk there to make up for their small size.

(They had vig, we had a half-vig. They had a bodyguard, we had a bodyguard. They had a tracker/watcher combo, we have a gunsmith. They had a day-powered role, we have neighbors with day talk. We also had a jailkeeper and a JOAT. They had a mafia jailkeeper, we had a mafia roleblocker. Their serial killer was immune to the investigation roles of Tracker/Watcher, our serial killer is immune to gunsmith investigations. Seems roughly equal balance-wise, no?)

And it had a Serial Killer.

Tl;dr, it's a Serial Killer.

Since it's a Serial Killer (which sucks, since they're far harder to catch), there's no last scum member.

It can't be Oversoul; his gunsmith results were too dang accurate to be faked, and a TRIPLE-role SK is pretty much unheard of. (How triple? SK-Gunsmith-Neighbor. Neighbor counts as a role.)

Oversoul says it's not Evil, and I'm willing to trust him on that.

Evidence strongly implies that either the Serial Killer had their kill prevented for three nights (making Empking/David targets/the targeter), or that the SK simply wasn't around and isn't compulsive.

(Since when did people start wimping out about their Serial Killers? >_< Back in my day, the standard was compulsive for SKs, not compulsive for vigilantes; now it seems that people cry out in shock and horror to learn they must kill every night. :/)

Tl;dr, lynch David.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:45 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Hah. Oversoul admits faking a guilty for giggles and people overlook it completely. VT. Come at me, and then lynch OS.

Doth thou want a self-vote or shall I wait while laughing at your collective incompetence?
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Empking »

Self vote.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Mastin - 6 scum (5 maf, 1 SK) vs. 14 town with 5+ PRs while Mafia get a Watcher, a RBer, and also have the SK as a threat? Sounds like we should take very little pride in stomping that weak arse mafia team into the ground, yeah?

@David - what type of scum are you claiming Oversoul as?
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:30 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Frankly I'd level the SK line at him. It's not unheard of for the SK to, instead of being BP or similar, be given a method of finding those with NK actions. Gunsmith would fit that to the letter, as it would detect Vigs and Mafia.

VOTE: David Xanatos
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why did he delay so long in killing then? Clearly he was getting results, so he should have been capable of killing stuff.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:48 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Exposes him to a tracker/watcher, could even be that he can only scan or kill, but not both. Note that each day there's been a Mafia lynch, there's been no SK action.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1644, David Xanatos wrote:Frankly I'd level the SK line at him. It's not unheard of for the SK to, instead of being BP or similar, be given a method of finding those with NK actions. Gunsmith would fit that to the letter, as it would detect Vigs and Mafia.

VOTE: David Xanatos

As interesting as that would be, I'm not an SK. It is likely that the SK is compulsive but has failed in their first 3 kill attempts. And to whoever said that there is a ninja + gunsmith immune SK.... That is the whole point of the gunsmith. SKs do not register to gunsmith results. There are false positives.

I swear to god if you aren't the SK.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Oversoul - have you done a concise post of all your action results? I'm kind of trying to piece it together and I can't find an easy answer - if it's out there could you link me/restate, and if it's not out there could you please provide it now?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1365, Oversoul wrote:I investigated redFF last night and received a negative result.

Everyone in the neighborhood thought that one of Ironhead vs Fatlikepig was scum, but we couldn't come to an agreement on which person it was.

Hoppster and I had gut scum reads on Foolish Fool, but they aren't here.
Mod, at the time of this post, is Foolish Fool up for a prod?

Hoppster and I were coordinating our night actions (we were using his JK as a roleblocker) and we have a few results.

Night 1:
Jailed DavidX
Investigated Lew - Positive

Night 2:
Jailed Empking
Investigated Otolia - Positive

Night 3:
We had problems with activity in the neighborhood. He said he would jail Xeras but I don't know if he was actually there to send in the action.
Investigated redFF - Negative

We have town reads on Mastin and TOG.

We suspect Xeras, but we don't know whether or not he was actually jailed by Hoppster and because Hoppster is dead the mod isn't telling us. :\

In post 0, ObliviousDruidMuncher wrote:

Empking

Xeras
(gonna put him as town for the sake of analysis)
3. Foolish Fool
mastin2

5. Vifam
6. Lady Lambadelta
7. projectmatt
David Xanatos

Oversoul

10. Ironhead
TOGTFO

12. fatlikepig
evilpacman18

redFF

This leaves us with a nice little group of people we can scumhunt out of..

Personally, I do not like Foolish Fool, but that is mostly gut.

We think one of Fatlikepig vs Ironhead is scum, but not sure which.

I personally do not like Empking's play, but he has semi confirmed towniness. :\

Opinions?

Likely to be 2 or 3 scum left.

Night 1
Hoppster Jailkept DavidX
Oversoul investigated Lew, received positive

Night 2
Hoppster Jailkept Empking
Oversoul investigated Otolia, received positive

Night 3
Hoppster Jailkept Oversoul
Oversoul investigated no one
Pine Roleblocked Oversoul
TOG watched Oversoul, saw Hoppster and Pine visit Oversoul

Night 4
Pine Roleblocked Oversoul
Oversoul Investigates Projectmatt, receives no result

Night 5
Oversoul Investigated Empking, received negative

If DavidX is not the SK then Empking is the SK. If SK isn't the Empking then I will kill myself.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”