Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1021, Magua wrote:Otolia, on the other hand, says that Empking was third party. This seems pretty obviously false, not only from flavor, but also from Empking being a Rolecop which really only makes sense for a faction as opposed to an individual. Unlike what tclawren did, this doesn't look like it betrays inside information. That's the difference.

I said that StrangerCoug was third party. You should revise your position ><
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by kdowns »

I'm sorry Wraith. I had no time to make any posts the past two days.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1025, Otolia wrote:I said that StrangerCoug was third party. You should revise your position ><

I should revise my position that you're town?
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by MacDougall »

SodaSpirit17 wrote:I could support an AGar lynch, or some pressure at least.

Okay then... support it. Tell us why Agar is scum.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:08 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1022, MacDougall wrote:
In post 996, AGar wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Now, I've explained this to you before...
but it didn't occur to me to just unvote.
It was a simple error. I play on other forums and I didn't realise I could unvote and leave it. In hindsight I did know I could do it but where I play most commonly, the play beckons no lynches frequently (we don't have hammer, we have deadline based lynches). If I had have just unvoted, then this would not even be happening. I had no plans to NOT VOTE. I didn't want a no lynch. I just didn't want my vote on anything at that time, so I thought I had to put it on no lynch.

Except you unvoted from SK in post #344, and then voted to no-lynch in post #444.
Check your iso.

Your point? After I voted SK and then decided to unvote him I had been left with nobody firm to put a vote on. I didn't become aware of Vezok until later when David pointed it out because he had posted so fleetingly and pointlessly that his posts had just fallen between the cracks to me.

Read the bolded parts.

Then come back to me.

(Hint: You say it "didn't occur to you to unvote [and you voted no lynch instead]" when you moved your vote SK -> unvote -> No Lynch. See the problem here? The context of this line of questioning is not in regards to Vezok, it's in regards to you blatantly voting to No Lynch rather than push a wagon.)

In post 1015, Magua wrote:
In post 1014, AGar wrote:Also, if I recall correctly, MacDougall was pretty well forced to hammer Emp.

Show me where this was the case. Show me where he was even mentioned in regards to Empking.

Sept 24th, 1847 EDT - In this post, MacDougall says that Emp doesn't strike him as scummy.
Sept 24th, 1901 EDT - In this post, Otolia tells MacDougall to vote for someone and pushes towards Emp.
Sept 24th, 1902 EDT - In this post, MacDougall says he is not voting for someone he feels is town.
Sept 25th, 0026 EDT - In this post, MacDougall insinuates he still finds Empking to be town, but asks SK if he will stop shitposting if Emp is hammered and flips town.
Sept 25th, 1800 EDT - In this post, MacDougall still insists that Empking is not scummy aside from his cop claim, and that we should be lynching other players first. Empking is at L-1 right now.
Sept 25th, 1943 EDT - In this post, MacDougall now re-reads #668 and decides that Empking is scummy. Players have been saying "Empking needs to die" more or less for a few pages. MacDougall asks to hammer. Empking has not posted anything new. MacDougall now just finds a scummy hint in a post he had posted at least twice since.
Sept 26th, 0044 EDT - In this post, MacDougall hammers, still hesitant to do so.

Tell me, does this not look EXACTLY like the situation you're describing? New scum who doesn't want to bus their partner, and yet is put in a situation where it is almost 100% necessary?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1027, Magua wrote:
In post 1025, Otolia wrote:I said that StrangerCoug was third party. You should revise your position ><

I should revise my position that you're town?

I don't know if you should describe me as town or scum. I think my D1 actions makes me either a townie or a member of the second scumgroup. But one thing is sure, you were wrong.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

Post by MacDougall »

AGar wrote:
In post 1022, MacDougall wrote:
In post 996, AGar wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Now, I've explained this to you before...
but it didn't occur to me to just unvote.
It was a simple error. I play on other forums and I didn't realise I could unvote and leave it. I
n hindsight I did know I could do it but where I play most commonly, the play beckons no lynches frequently
(we don't have hammer, we have deadline based lynches). If I had have just unvoted, then this would not even be happening. I had no plans to NOT VOTE. I didn't want a no lynch. I just didn't want my vote on anything at that time, so I thought I had to put it on no lynch.

Except you unvoted from SK in post #344, and then voted to no-lynch in post #444.
Check your iso.

Your point? After I voted SK and then decided to unvote him I had been left with nobody firm to put a vote on. I didn't become aware of Vezok until later when David pointed it out because he had posted so fleetingly and pointlessly that his posts had just fallen between the cracks to me.

Read the bolded parts.

Then come back to me.

(Hint: You say it "didn't occur to you to unvote [and you voted no lynch instead]" when you moved your vote SK -> unvote -> No Lynch. See the problem here? The context of this line of questioning is not in regards to Vezok, it's in regards to you blatantly voting to No Lynch rather than push a wagon.)

Yeah I see that. I wasn't saying I didn't know that I could unvote, just that the fact that I commonly vote no lynch in the meta at the other forum I play so I and others there usually don't move from a vote to a blank unvote, but rather to a no lynch, in that scenario. Bolded to point out that I mentioned this.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Day 2 voting starts. Posts given after Shinki claim/vote. If two posts after a persons name, the first is the vote, the second the unvote.
12. PeregrineV - Magua(743)
13. StrangerCoug- Shinki(742), McDougall(806), monk(807), MattP(811), Bogre(815), PeregrineV(834), AGar(840)
20. Shinki- McDougall(747)(806), MattP(760)(792), StrangerCoug(795),
23. MacDougall- AGar, Nero Cain, manho(753), EtherealCookie(761), monk(773)(807), MattP(793)(811)

Leads to
Vote count 2.2

12. PeregrineV - Magua(743)
13. StrangerCoug- Shinki(742), McDougall(806), monk(807), MattP(811), Bogre(815), PeregrineV(834), AGar(840), Nero Cain(843), EtherealCookie(846), DavidX(865)
20. Shinki- McDougall(747)(806), MattP(760)(792), StrangerCoug(795), manho(864)
23. MacDougall- manho(753)(864), EtherealCookie(761)(846), monk(773)(807), MattP(793)(811)

Which makes the vote count 2.3 off by manho's vote on Shinki
Mod's VC if corrected wrote:
Votecount 2.3

StrangerCoug
(10)
:
Shinki, MacDougall, monk, MattP, Bogre, PeregrineV, AGar, Nero Cain, EtherealCookie, David Xanatos

MacDougall
(1)
:
AGar
Nero Cain
manho
EtherealCookie
monk
MattP

Shinki
(1)
:
MacDougall
MattP
, StrangerCoug, manho
PeregrineV
(1)
:
Magua

Not Voting
(6)
:
Otolia, whispersilk, tclawren, SodaSpirit17,vezokpiraka, kdowns

Looking at day2 votes as they came in. Shinki received universal support for her claim from everyone except StrangerCoug and manho. Even those who felt she was scummier earlier (MacDougall, MattP) went with her findings.

Additionally, when manho disbelieved Shinki and voted her, it drew these responses:

In post 866, MacDougall wrote:
In post 864, manho wrote:SC is at L-1 now. i still think shinki is faking the guilty result.
unvote, vote: shinki

inb4 "i only got a tracker/gunsmith/fake result on SC, but his reaction after being "caught" is scummy." by shinki after SC flips town.

if SC flips town, I'm gonna use this post to make a case against you

In post 871, EtherealCookie wrote:Manho sure is a bit confident that he's not scum even with a cop claim. We should turn our attention to him if SC does flip town. I'm guessing mafia with a framer on team distancing himself from vote so he can yell "I told you so" if that happens.

So if Stranger flipped town, manho would be suspect, but if he flips scum, manho is free and clear?
I'm not getting that.

Also, Soda posted in the middle, and threw an FoS on MattP instead of even a vote. Not arguing for or against Shinki's result.

Most everyone else not voting or not mentioned I think did not post in that time frame between claim and hammer.

Any addition we have so much information, that lurking without cause is now cause for suspicion.

This was from a day2 re-read. Thoughts/opinions?
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:07 am

Post by MacDougall »

This is a good point tbh. He could just be blatantly trying to derail the lynch obvious style.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Wraith »

Spoiler: Background
The Battle of Keiger

The Battle of Keiger (May 20, 1913-July 4, 1914) was the most pivotal battle of the Great War, and is often called "the greatest battle ever fought." One and a half million men from both sides died over the course of the battle, with millions more wounded or captured, making it the deadliest battle in world history, and likely the deadliest to ever occur. As 1913 came around, the Terran Empire was putting severe pressure on the western allies to take decisive action on the Western Front, as the Duranic campaigns of 1910-1912 had cut off their warmwater ports of Memnitz and Terrograd, soon to cause a severe and horrible famine. The western allies made a bold plan to cross the River Reik into one of the Imperium's major industrial centers. Only three major crossings could host the breakthrough they planned, and all of which were heavily defended by fortress cities, ringed by trenches and massive, impregnable bunker complexes. The city of Keiger was one of them, doubly serving as a bulging salient and the lynchpin of the Imperium's southern defenses. It was an all-or-nothing strategy - if the League offensive failed, they would have squandered their large manpower advantage as well as valuable times of warm weather. If they succeeded, they would occupy the Imperium's largest industrial region and collapse the Duranic defense of Tyrannia.

The battle proper began on May 20, with a massive artillery bombardment and infantry offensive. Though they gained much ground initially, Duranic defense quickly hardened, and thousands began dying for each meter of ground. However, attrition worked in the League's favor, and by August 1913, the first of three rings of fortresses wasin League hands. However, a new Duranic commander had risen to command the defense of Keiger - Garen Marburg. He adopted a new strategy - while maintaining the morale-boosting mantra of "They shall not pass!", Marburg opted to preserve the lives of his men instead of fighting for every meter of soil, withdrawing his troops from doomed positions before saturating them withn artillery. He vowed to "bleed the League's armies white" - using the League's manpower advantage and strategy of grinding attrition against them.

Even still, the League continued a slow, grinding advance. The Duran began to fight dirty. Though having seen limited use since 1905, gas was used profligately against the League, who after suffering heavy initial losses responded in kind. Abandoned positions would be booby-trapped; lost strategic positions and ground would be pre-sighted and zeroed for artillery; elaborate systems of tunnels were dug in secret by the Duran, allowing them to appear even in previously-secured positions without warning. The fall rains that plague central Avalon made a miserable mess of the battlefield - wounded men would drown in the mud. The League's investment began mounting very, very quickly, and paying no dividends - but they had committed to much to turn back now, empty-handed.

By November 1913, only the last line of older fortresses stood between League forces and the city itself. Fort Mordet - a massive, impregnable relic from the 17th century of unmatched engineering - became the focus of League efforts. A shock attack surrounded the fortress and trapped the defender; after three days of siege, the defenders were starved but remained defiant. Pounding the walls to dust with massed artillery, the League stormed the fort. Fighting continued for three straight days, with each room, tunnel, and bunker fought for. At the end of the fight, the barely three doze remaining Duranic soldiers finally surrendered. With the fort taken, the other fortresses on the west bank of the river could not be held feasibly, and so Marburg withdrew into the city and prepared for the most brutal urban warfare ever recorded.

The battle for the city itself continued for six months. Only able to withdraw to the massive Citadel - the final defense on the east bank of the river - Duranic troops fought tooth and nail for every room, house, and street. The League pushed as hard as they could, even taking the bridge over the river briefly in April - but they could not take the Citadel. On May 12, 1914, the Duran made a decisive attack against the League in the city. Utilizing experimental "storm tactics" and sending small, heavily armed squads of elite troops under cover of bombardment to punch holes in the League lines, a breakthrough was made and the banner was raised over Hill 95 just outside the city limits - the banner-raising was actually caught on camera, and is the most iconic image of the War for the Imperium. Now the Duran went on the offensive, on a more limited scale. The League no longer had enough reserves to commit to the meatgrinder, especially with the threat of counteroffensive looming all across the front. The entire Imperial Sky Fleet - a massive fleet of skyships mounted with heavy guns - made an appearance and saturated the ground with high-caliber artillery, allowing for the Duran to take considerable ground, the only full, single mobilization of the Sky Fleet ever. On July 4, 1914, Fort Mordet and its ring of forts was retaken and reoccupied, and major combat operations in the region officially ended. The League had squandered millions of troops and handed the initiative to the Duran - the tide of the war had turned, decisively.

Votecount 4.3

SodaSpirit17
(5)
:
AGar
, MattP, Bogre,
MacDougall
, manho, Nero Cain, Otolia
Otolia
(2)
:
vezokpiraka, PeregrineV
vezokpiraka
(2)
:
MacDougall
, EtherealCookie, MacDougall
MacDougall
(1)
:
Otolia
, AGar,
kdowns

AGar
(1)
:
Magua
MattP
(1)
:
Otolia
Nero Cain
, SodaSpirit17,
manho
kdowns

Not Voting
(3)
:
whispersilk, kdowns, mbstokem

With 15 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for today is
November 1, 2011

mbstokem
has flaked from the site. He will be replaced and blacklisted, and will unvote.
kdowns
has also requested replacement.
Last edited by Wraith on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Wraith »

Andrius
replaces mbstokem effective immediately
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

Greetings, brethern.

I am Ser Andrius, here replacing a slot plagued by inactivity in these dark times.

I'll read the thread and catchup soon.

Regards,

-Ser Andrius "Kairys" Walker
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Magua »

Spoiler: Vote Andrius
VOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: AndriusVOTE: Andrius

Welcome!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Andrius »

<3 you too, Magua. :D

Do you have faith in me? Faith that I can pull a repeat of Storm of Swords?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Magua »

I have every faith that you can play such that I find you so goddamn scummy and push and push and push and push for your lynch, only for you to be cleared by someone else's role, yes.

(I also have every faith that you can correctly identify the obvtown scum, and that I will happily ignore that after you're dead becuase, y'know, lolAndrius)

But in all seriousness, I do want your opinion of AGar and Peregrine.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1039, Magua wrote:I have every faith that you can play such that I find you so goddamn scummy and push and push and push and push for your lynch, only for you to be cleared by someone else's role, yes.

(I also have every faith that you can correctly identify the obvtown scum, and that I will happily ignore that after you're dead becuase, y'know, lolAndrius)

But in all seriousness, I do want your opinion of AGar and Peregrine.

When was this again? I feel like you're hitting at one game though I don't remember the last time I was scum and was "cleared".

You will get those- when I get that far. I'm reading now.

Magua, what do you think of Otolia?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

EBWOP: (I know the parenthesis is SoS. I'm unsure where the first part was from.)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Magua »

It was also ASoS. I gunned for your lynch until it was all lolKettleblacksareallcleared, and then I was all Image.

I think Otolia is town. I specifically think he's town from his D1 interactions around David Xanatos and the win condition claiming and that brouhaha, and he's done nothing since then to make me think he's not town. He even went and argued with me about why I thought he was town one or two pages ago.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Andrius »

Ooooooooh ok now I remember.
I remember doing the HATERS GONNA HATE gif after we all claimed mason.

Thanks.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Going to respond to AgaRs post, Magua? Because he does bring up interesting points. I'd like to point out that Vezok has continued to just lurk. Soda has at least said shit, and he voted for EmpKing, something that Vezok failed to do completely. I don't know. Looking at Soda's meta the VI play just seems to be much more common than Vezok's, though both do share some degrees of it. I would once again insist on a Vezok lynch; MacDougall has had previous scummy actions, but his behavior this day has been largely town in my opinion.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hey guess what.
I'm done reading.
Doing one more thing.
And then my legion mobilizes.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Day OneRVS Time!
Vote: vezokpiraka

For Brightest Day. *shakes fist*

David Xanatos not even voting in his much-prized first post is troublesome.

I can't help but wonder what exactly SleepyKrew was getting at with his first post. Especially since TWO scumgroups have flipped thus far, not the two as he so speculated.

I'm fine claiming my alignment/House if you guys actually did that.

SK wrote:There is one House that is scum. It is Argelev.

I think someone has his facts mixed up.

House Keiger, eh?

So David Xanatos is still not voting, especially after calling SK "today's lynch". Odd.

tclawren wrote:@SK-I'M A FUCKING LOYALIST OK. AND I BELONG TO HOUSE ARGELEV.

I see this has already been done.

David Xanatos earns +townpoints for thinking there was one scumteam, when there's two.

In post 41, manho wrote:i'm of house argelev and loyalist.

This man's posts is unsatisfactory. No vote, no commentary save the claim.

JDGA is town.

SodaSpirit's first post is bad. Survivalist, thus bad.

SK and tclaw assume that kdowns is town because of his Loyalist *nameofPRhere*. Assuming that gets us nowhere.
Though why he's claiming then unclaiming then claiming again is beyond me. :/

Is it just me or is Magua tunneling Xanatos a little too hard? Because it seems like alot of force against the man who flipped Beloved Prince Mason. :/

Magua wrote:SK is nullish. I liked his gambit and all, but since then it's just been poking people and no reads.

I agree with this.

Otolia wrote:The key point now is : Is House Argelev among us or is House Argelev an outside House that the townies have to protect by eliminating all threats to them ? Or is House Argelev many people who try to struggle for power while the Loyalists try to protect them all ? Answering this question should give us our first lynch of the game.

This man reads town. He's showing:
1) Genuine not-knowing that Argelev is a main town force in the game. Scum would probably know this.
2) Genuine interest in scumhunting and finding scum. Scum could sit back on their laurels and focus on setup speculation rather than scumhunting. Its what I do. (See: Strategy Mafia. Me? Scumhunt? Hah. More like call people town and focus on the strategy elements.)

DX wrote:I come from the West,
where I was trapped due to the last War.

Thank God you cleared that up.

In post 104, MacDougall wrote:Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

I am of House Morvanus, oldest and most loyal to House Argelev. It is my duty to do my utmost to eliminate all threats to House Argelev. At this stage the greatest threat to House Argelev is very clearly the one who has painted the rightful heir to the throne as scum.

vote: SleepyKrew

Speaking of setup speculation...

And HOW PRAYTELL does he know that DX was the heir to the throne?

This man is likely scum.

MacDougall's second post then claims his house. Will eagerly await for scumhunting from this one.

JDGA wrote:When you recall that scum can daytalk

Will look to see if this is in the RuleSet.
Yes, yes it does.

In post 123, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm House Argelev.

Cool story bro.
I know that asking YOU for content is moot, but I'll hope it happens regardless.

gandalf5166 wrote:And my role suggests that scum may have an alternate wincon of killing off all the heirs.

This makes me wonder how much of this bollocks claim is TRUE and how much was fabricated.
Because I can totally see that WinCon being a true alternative scum wincon.

Though with two scumteams it would have to look more like LOTR's where the heirs AND the other scumteam must be dead.

Shinki wrote:
Sorry If I mess something up
, headache is killing me right now.

Thank God you're already dead because the bolded just sounds scummy as fuck.

In post 129, MacDougall wrote:I appreciate the sentiment and completely understand your point, but if what you say is true, and your role changes completely at your own whim, I can't see your heart remaining pure for long. Not many could withstand the lure of darkness.

I can't see how lynching you has the same effect as you working against us, not even close.

You best be careful from now on, revealing yourself as someone capable of nefarious acts is opening yourself up to incredible scrutiny. But for now my preference is still to lynch the man who proclaimed the rightful heir a scumbag and I cannot see how lynching David Xanatos is beneficial to the town at all.

Hellooooo screw scumhunting let's push the claimed 3rd party.
Scum.

In post 134, MacDougall wrote:It's very odd that he would reveal so soon that he has a role that could prove to be our enemy. What is there to gain from it at all? He could have just as easily said the rest without telling us that part.

Because being open and transparent is a towntell (in my book, at least).
If I were a town PGO I'd say something, else risk a townie's death.
Scum PGO, on the other hand, I'd STFU and kill anyone I could. (Read: Scum QT, BDM)

In post 135, monk wrote:David is town, Magua is not

VOTE: Magua

I can agree with the latter, actually.

Ok I'm suddenly very glad SK killed samantha. Some people just aren't cut out for this kind of heat.

In post 151, MacDougall wrote:^ gotcha

I assume that "Factions can communicate during the day" implies that there are more factions than just the scum. Since there are so many people revealing themselves as House Argelev, I guess they all know each others identities. At this stage I think the roles are broken down into;

House Argelev Rightful
House Argelev Traitors
Loyalist Houses
Disloyal Houses
Third parties such as Gandalf.

The scum are the House Argelev traitors. The House Argelev rightful would be town special roles and the House Argelev traitors would be the scum special roles. Loyalist houses are VT and Disloyal houses are goons.

Does this seem pretty right to anybody else?

Is this man ever going to scumhunt?

The flipped-mason said no.
MacDougall wrote:The House Argelev rightful would be town special roles and the House Argelev traitors would be the scum special roles. Loyalist houses are VT and Disloyal houses are goons.

This in particular is bad.

I don't know what to think about manho. --;
He's said like NOTHING thus far.

gandalf5166 wrote:In case you're wondering why I would ever lock in until LyLo, I am given a reward for making my choice.

Assuming you weren't making this up, you made the right choice, gandalf.

Houses are overrated. The IAF is where it's at. B)

In post 177, Empking wrote:Who claimed the port house? They're prob scum too.

Indeed, who was this again?
My first reaction was "this must be his buddy".
Ah, Otolia.
Well. :/

In post 181, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 176, Empking wrote:
Vote: DX

I can't believe so much of this was set up spec. Urgh.

Kdowns and Magua are
town, along with DX
that's alll I can tell.

Why are you voting town?

This man is not scum with Empking.

Though kdowns' post clears that up a bit. Meh. I'll stick by my initial assessment for now.

Peregrine reads town thus far.

In post 212, StrangerCoug wrote:David Xanatos insisting that a loyalist is the same thing as a vanilla townie does seem a bit off, but I fail to see a pro-scum motive in getting people to stop claiming loyalist. If loyalist is merely an alignment, then claiming loyalists gives nobody information. If loyalist does indeed equal vanilla townie, then he is right that it narrows down the pool. I don't have a strong town read on David, but it's there.

I'm undecided about Otolia. On the one hand, I want to call his reaction to the fake daykill a newb tell because faking a daykill very early in the game is not uncommon, but on the other hand I don't know if the term "newb" is still correct.

kdowns, why the heck did you claim on page 4? Do you realize that you may not get a chance to use that vig shot now?

I don't like Shinki's lumping onto gandalf5166 in post #133. Opportunistic as hell.

VOTE: Shinki

If I missed anything important (I refuse to claim my house), please speak up.

Shinki is not scum with SC.

Shinki is also dead. :(
kdowns is also not scum with SC.

EtherealCookie needs to post more. (But apparently all the posting thus far has happened in less than 24 hours?!)

Peregrine wrote:So it's all just made up? You said what's a good name......Keiger!

Keiger is very much real.
And is very much part of my history.

SK wrote:

That is because Keiger is a country in this flavor. I helped our army defeat it in a war.

YOU?
BITCH PLEASE.

In post 262, SleepyKrew wrote:I am
The Motherfucking Entire Imperial Skyfleet, Loyalist Macho X-Shot Bulltetproof X-Shot Dayvig.

Flavor stuff:
I'm Macho because nobody can defend better than the Fleet.
I'm Bulletproof cause of armor.
I'm Dayvig cause of weaponnz.
Not revealing number of shots because that would be stupid.
I crumbed it when I "shot" Otolia, because "Death from above" is the Fleet's motto.

This claim fucking rocks. Laughed my head off. <3

SK wrote:Mod, are all roles guaranteed to be people?

I'm not one person.
OUR SPIRIT AND WILL CANNOT BE LIMITED TO ONE FRAGILE BODY

Funny because I actually thought this game would be more swords and arrows than GUNSHIPS but I'm still cool with it.

gandalf wrote:

SK's role sounds like the Luftwaffe. I can confirm that some roles are groups rather than people.

Luftwaffe. lol

In post 332, Magua wrote:Empking is scum.

One-shot daykill scum keeps it for a claimed power role, not says, "Hey everyone, watch me kill this guy." Empking knows this.

Or they shoot their scumbuddies.
You know this.

Daykill was town. samantha didn't seem cut out for mafia. SK's VOTE FOR THE KILL is scummy but he's dead so. :disbeliefsuspended:

EtherealCookie's new posting is goodposting.

In post 344, MacDougall wrote:I take it SK isn't scum then?

unvote

How so?

In post 346, David Xanatos wrote:Also, vezok's vote, scummy as all hell.

2 posts in this game. One jumping on Gandalf for claiming a strange, potentially anti-Town role, and then an RVS worthy vote for me.

Yes buuuuuuut...
Its vezok.

Well. Masonry outed D1. :/

I think DX put too much weight in the flavor being his salvation.

In post 374, Empking wrote:
In post 370, Otolia wrote:
In post 369, Magua wrote:How do you think he's *not* playing to his wincon?

I have reasons to be he could have a special importance for me (considering some mechanics are not revealed to us). His WinCon definitely have a survive condition (even an shared one with the other claimant), so why he is bragging about being
the
heir when that is detrimental to his WinCon and the WinCon of the
Loyalists
?

I'm pretty sure this is a non-town claim.

I'd say that Otolia can't be scum with Emp, but Emp didn't even VOTE Otolia.
:/

I think Soda, as scum, wouldn't push MASONS day one. I think he'd be fine to let them stew. I can see a stronger player pushing a claimed mason lynch D1. Not soda. Not half the players here.

Magua wrote:Soda, AGar, and Nero Cain are townreads.

This I agree with.

In post 440, monk wrote:
FullClaim:

Third Legion Stormtroopers Allied to the true Heir of the Throne. I have no night powers I know that David is as town as any can be, He's
Moran Fucking Argelev
and he's here to save the day!! I have Factional Talk with David we are basically the
House of Argelev
from the west.

In post 442, vezokpiraka wrote:Yeah.

We can lynch monk and david together for being scum.
"Third Legion Stormtroopers Allied to the true Heir of the Throne." - monk

I see neither loyalist nor House Argelev in your claim. You are scum my friend.

unvote vote monk

Fail.

In post 443, manho wrote:i think monk is a third-party anti-lyncher that win when someone survive.

SK and others that push the david-lynch hard maybe the other heir that has win-con including getting rid of the true heir.

And you want me to believe you're town?
Seriously, you're not posting hardly anything, and then start spouting crazy 3rd party explanations for perfectly logical claims?
Explain yourself please, manho.

In post 444, MacDougall wrote:
vote: No lynch

This man is scum.
Mikujin of Storm of Swords, anyone?

"lol I have no scumreads so let's no lynch"

In post 446, Otolia wrote:
In post 442, vezokpiraka wrote:Yeah.

We can lynch monk and david together for being scum.
"Third Legion Stormtroopers Allied to the true Heir of the Throne." - monk

I see neither loyalist nor House Argelev in your claim. You are scum my friend.

unvote vote monk

That's the proof, you have a personal agenda or that you are a terrible player who didn't read the thread.

VOTE: vezokpiraka

I'd like to think that even a terrible player like vezok would have the brains to know a mason claim.
I'm questioning that belief.

In post 471, EtherealCookie wrote:All aboard the empking wagon.
He's continued to just randomly vote with little reasoning and jumping back and forth from wagon to wagon. And then his silly claim that SK is a scum-day vig who revealed himself by shooting a rather poorly played townie? Yeah right.
He's a better lynch than anyone else at the current time.

Will have to see when you voted Empking because I want to make sure before I do my list of reads.

I don't know why its so hard to understand that you can't use flavor for baseing reads. Wraith is no idiot.

In post 525, SleepyKrew wrote:Wow. Modvouch.

I know right? My first reaction was "ok he's town". :P

In post 539, MacDougall wrote:
In post 465, Magua wrote:
In post 460, SleepyKrew wrote:Magua, when you say I won't be around, do you mean lynched or killed?

Yes.

These votes for monk are just incredibad. Vezok has a certain tendency to be incredibad. Empking does not.

UNVOTE: tclawren
VOTE: Empking

MacDougall, why in God's name are you voting no lynch?

Well at that stage I was too confused to vote for anyone. I'll vote for someone eventually. I just wanted my vote on no lynch in case the day ended before I came back because I didn't want to be on anyone.

Hey Magua.
Do you remember Mikujin?
From Storm of Swords?
Remember how he flipped scum?
Meet MacDougall.

In post 540, MacDougall wrote:
In post 538, SleepyKrew wrote:Why are you voting NL (and not Emp)?

At this stage I don't have much reason to think that Empking is scum. He's because intentionally obtuse imo. Trying to rub the scum the wrong way. I like it when town play like he is.

/inb4heflipsempking_scum

In post 549, MacDougall wrote:I'm suspicious of Shinki. She just seems to be hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon to me but hasn't shown commitment to any of them.

What makes her play different from Empking's play?

Nero Cain is godlike town.

Okay.
Shinki was silly.
MASONS
GUNSMITH
AND A COP
YEAH NOT HAPPENING
Oh and that Watcher.
Hrmmmm

In post 678, MacDougall wrote:Shinki and Vezok are still way more scummy than Empking, notwithstanding that Empking has claimed cop. No way should we be lynching him when we have these two to lynch.

Can we lynch this guy already?

Day Serial Killer.
Lord of the Rings Mafia.
Who was also Nero Cain.
Who also won. B)

In post 727, SleepyKrew wrote:Oh I forgot about Hangman!

--------
Wrong (7):

YESSSSSSSS ITS LIKE BDM AGAIN WITHOUT BAD SETUP/MODDING

TOWN:
AGar
Cookie
Andrius
Sodaspirit
PeregrineV
kdowns
Nero Cain

FFFFFFFFF:
vezok

NULL/WHO?:
whispersilk
Bogre
MattP (actually somewhat townread from that one post idr why though)

SCUM:
manho
Magua
MacDougall
Otolia

Day TwoOk flips.
gandalf was an obv.claimed PR. Probably Vig'd [?] or SK'd since he was power but could be anti-town.
SK was probably scumkill.
JDGA was obvtown.

In post 737, AGar wrote:VOTE: MacDougall

I was going to get into this before night fell, but I missed it. His whole "I don't buy into any of the cases here" was complete bullshit then to turn around and hammer for "Meh, I guess" reasoning was bullshit and a half. Scumbag needs to die right now.

Can we lynch him now?

Ok I admit I forgot about kdowns' kill.
1shot Vig going to scum is ehhh. But its been done before.
Anyway, I stand by my town read of him.

MacDougall suddenly coming out with content is weird.
Sorry.
Really weird.

In post 755, Shinki wrote:You're nervous? Votes going up as you try to change the aim of the town.
I'll let the town deal with you, as I said before, there are more important things for me to do here than to argue with someone clearly in despair 'cause of votes.

This is insightful.
Because MacDougall scum would be fighting the votes on him, AND potentially his buddy in the form of SC.

monk wrote:OH NOES YOUSE GAIZ ARE ON MAI BUDDY LETS GO LYNCH SHINKI INSTEAD
OH SHI-- MY BUDDY GOING DOWN NEW PLAN:
•BACKPEDDLE
•HAMMER
•???
•TOWNCRED?

Yep.
Macdougall is scum.

In post 805, MacDougall wrote:Lol if you're a cop you're not very good. How do you expect to live past night 2?

In post 806, MacDougall wrote:Anywho going by the fact that Shinki is cleverly trying to hide the fact that she's a cop with a scumread on StrangerCoug.

vote: StrangerCoug

And if she WAS, CLEARLY the correct course of action would be to DRAW ATTENTION to them.
Yep.
Scum.

Wraith wrote:
Attempting to take advantage of their great manpower advantage, the western allies targeted a bulging salient in the west and a major crossing over the River Reik into the Imperium's primary industrial region - the fortress city of Keiger. The target was sound, Keiger being the lynchpin of Pact defenses in the west, but the planning was shoddy, and the 1913-1914 battle that raged over that single city is best described in its own entry.

Nevertheless, the results of that battle won the war for one side

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V

WE WERE THERE. WE FOUGHT AND DIED FOR OUR COUNTRY. NOT FROM SHIPS IN THE SKIES.
WE. HELD. THE. LINE. WE PROTECTED OUR LANDS.
PRIDE FOREVER MORE.

Reads are pretty much the same.

Day FourSo guys.
Why are we not lynching MacDougall? Have you so easily forgotten the near-wagon D2? Or his play overall?

BONUS POINTS: If MacDougall flips scum vezok is confirmed non-scum with him. B)

manho wrote:

i think there are probably 2 scums team. those 2 kills last night don't seem like from town.

Ok, I can agree with this.
If SC was solo 3rd party there would be no other NK.
So.
UNLESS kdowns is pulling a LMP 'claim the NK as a vig kill' (which I highly doubt) then I think we're looking at MAFIA A and MAFIA B.

I can vouch that Gunsmith variants DO give out guns in some instances. Rarely of course.

In post 925, MacDougall wrote:Lol I am not Mafia. I am a loyalist and I get the feeling I might be the only one.

In post 925, MacDougall wrote:I am a loyalist and I get the feeling I might be the only one.

In post 925, MacDougall wrote:I get the feeling I might be the only one.

In post 925, MacDougall wrote:the only one.

How on earth is this man town?

AGar wrote:(cue Quake announcer voice)
W-W-W-W-WIFOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You sir win this page.

In post 948, MacDougall wrote:
In post 946, AGar wrote:
Complete and Total 100% Unfounded Setup Speculation
We have had two anti-town flips - Empking as
Terran mafia
, and StrangerCoug as House Bremburg. Now there are two possible theories to draw here.

Terran Agents Role Cop. Doesn't say Mafia. Why are you assuming Terrans are Mafia?

Wraith confirmed that GREEN is TOWN.
All else is NOT TOWN.

Spoiler: VCA for D1 and D2, the days with votes from dead ppl
Votecount 1.1

David Xanatos
(5): Magua,
SleepyKrew
, tclawren, Nero Cain,
David Xanatos

SleepyKrew
(4):,
David Xanatos
, kdowns,
gandalf5166
JDGA

kdowns (1): EtherealCookie
gandalf5166
(0):

Not Voting (14):
Empking
, Otolia, whispersilk, Bogre, manho, AGar, PeregrineV,
StrangerCoug
monk
, vezokpiraka, MattP,
Shinki
samantha97
, MacDougall

Deadline is October 11, 2011

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Votecount 1.2

SleepyKrew
(9):,
David Xanatos
, kdowns, ,
JDGA
, MacDougall, manho, whispersilk, PeregrineV,
samantha97
Empking

David Xanatos
(6): Magua,
SleepyKrew
, tclawren, Nero Cain, SodaSpirit17, , AGar,
kdowns (1): EtherealCookie
gandalf5166
(1):, vezokpiraka,
Magua (1):
monk

Otolia (1):
gandalf5166

Shinki
(1):
StrangerCoug

Not Voting (4): Otolia, Bogre, MattP,
Shinki

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Votecount 1.4

SleepyKrew
(5):,
David Xanatos
, kdowns, ,
JDGA
, whispersilk,
StrangerCoug

David Xanatos
(5):,
SleepyKrew
, tclawren, Nero Cain, AGar, vezokpiraka
Magua (1):
monk

Otolia (1):,
Empking

Empking
(1):EtherealCookie
PeregrineV (1):
gandalf5166

tclawren (1): Magua
AGar (1): SodaSpirit17
gandalf5166
(1):, PeregrineV

Not Voting (7): Otolia, Bogre, MattP,
Shinki
, PeregrineV, MacDougall, manho

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Votecount 1.5

Empking
(5): EtherealCookie,
SleepyKrew
, Magua, Otolia, manho
SleepyKrew
(4): kdowns, ,
JDGA
, , , whispersilk, , ,
StrangerCoug

David Xanatos
(3):, tclawren, Nero Cain, AGar,
Magua (1):
monk

PeregrineV (1):
gandalf5166

AGar (1): SodaSpirit17
monk
(1): vezokpiraka,
vezokpiraka (1):,
David Xanatos
gandalf5166
(1):, PeregrineV

No Lynch (1): MacDougall

Not Voting (5): Bogre, MattP,
Shinki
, PeregrineV,
Empking

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Votecount 2.1

MacDougall (6): AGar, Nero Cain, manho, EtherealCookie,
monk
, MattP
Shinki
(2): MacDougall, ,
StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
(1):
Shinki

PeregrineV (1): Magua

Not Voting (9): Otolia, whispersilk, Bogre,
David Xanatos
, tclawren, SodaSpirit17, PeregrineV, vezokpiraka, kdowns

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline for today is October 19, 2011

Votecount 2.3

StrangerCoug
(10):
Shinki
, MacDougall,
monk
, MattP, Bogre, PeregrineV, AGar, Nero Cain, EtherealCookie,
David Xanatos

MacDougall (1): manho,
Shinki
(1):
StrangerCoug

PeregrineV (1): Magua

Not Voting (6): Otolia, whispersilk, tclawren, SodaSpirit17,vezokpiraka, kdowns

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline for today is October 19, 2011

StrangerCoug
has been lynched. Stand by.

SO.
Vote: MacDougall

This man is scum.
If you read my wall you'll understand why.
Though you shouldn't have to do that to see why.
We'll lynch this one first, then hit another scum tomorrow.
*kicks back*

Any questions?

I loved reading this game by the way. The flavor, the fervor, the chance to pull another SoS.

-Ser Andrius Kairys Walker
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Andrius »

Ok.
I have this dying suspicion that Magua and Otolia are buddies.
If that's not the case then Otolia's town.
I forget WHAT the big deal was, but I remember going "I need to call it just to be safe".

But yes. MacDougall today.
One at a time.
One yard.
At a time.
We will regain the country.
Just like we held Keiger.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by MacDougall »

How unfortunate for you that you wasted so much time writing all of that just to make a conclusive scum read on a town player. There is literally not a point you've made that I haven't already had someone else point out and had to explain.

And HOW PRAYTELL does he know that DX was the heir to the throne?

Uhhh because David Xanatos said he was and my role PM insinuated that I was aligned with the rightful heir to the throne, so I threw my support behind him. If you really built your whole case on this read then that sucks for me and the town.

This man reads town. He's showing:
1) Genuine not-knowing that Argelev is a main town force in the game. Scum would probably know this.

Except for the fact that the vanilla town role PM actually mentions House Argelev in it, as pointed out in the OP.

Hellooooo screw scumhunting let's push the claimed 3rd party.
Scum.

Well the alternative at the time was to sit there and throw fuel on the David vs. SleepyKrew fire. Town vs. town it turned out that one.

... I don't really see how set up speculation is scummy. If you look at the time stamps there I posted those during real lulls in the game, just to put stuff out there to move the game along. Agar made the ultimate set up speculation post but he's super town to you. Conflicting ideology.

How so?

Votes were literally falling off him and onto David. I had a town read on David. I trusted that the general public weren't gullible enough to conclusively rule SK as town, so without actually thoroughly reading it, I unvoted him. What can I say... I wasn't really up for scouring the thread at that stage.

Already explained the PHENOMENON of my no lynch vote. Oh the humanity of it.

What makes her play different from Empking's play?

Simple answer is she was posting at the same time as me earlier in the thread and Empking posted while I was afk. Hence I had followed her more stringently than Empking.

Can we lynch this guy already?

For not wanting to lynch a claimed cop? ... okay then.

MacDougall suddenly coming out with content is weird.
Sorry.
Really weird.

Well as a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB I was planning on just trying to post sparingly and get a feel for the game/learn a bit, but Agar drew me out and forced me to get involved by straight up voting me. Scummy innit. Oh well, it's true.

This is insightful.
Because MacDougall scum would be fighting the votes on him, AND potentially his buddy in the form of SC.

Riiiight, and MacDougall town would be like "hey guys, vote for me yo".

And if she WAS, CLEARLY the correct course of action would be to DRAW ATTENTION to them.
Yep.
Scum.

Well considering I already had a scum read on her, and thought it was a fake claim, your argument isn't so strong.

How on earth is this man town?

I dunno ay, just the role PM I received. Don't really now how that particular post is conclusive. It's just another random ass post.

Wraith confirmed that GREEN is TOWN.
All else is NOT TOWN.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Terrans are mafia. That was more of a breadcrumb post anyway hoping to trip Agar up. I was sort of insinuating that he was Terran and knew more about their role in the game than we do. Being that he haphazardly referred to them as Terran Mafia, when at no stage has that been mentioned. Slightly wifom I guess.

*sigh*... That's the best defense I can muster I guess. I must admit though that I do revel in this and am enjoying it immensely. I could play under suspicion forever, it's my fave... Except for when I'm scum lol. Then I cry and hide.

The worst part of this endeavor is that if I were scum, then my play would make sense and I wouldn't be a VI... but as town you're all going to find me stupid. :oops:
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I think that throughout this game, the fact that my posts have become generally more townish and sensible is a direct reflection of the fact that I've learned a lot. So despite me being in a bit of a quagmire, I'm still rather positive that this has benefited my play in the long run and I hope to not wear the VI hat for long.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”