The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by Empking »

Yeah, amrun's refusal to do that makes it pretty clear to my mind.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

Refusal to do what?

I'm confused.

My role pm says mason... That's all I need to know. That's all anyone needs to know. What other answer would Plum give than what is already in my role pm?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Gut »

Amrun, 'mason' meaning alignment confirmed mason is a relatively new thing. Plum and many of those in this game have been around long enough to remember when that wasn't the case, so we are just trying to be careful. Does your role pm explicitly state that ooba is town? If your answer is no then please ask Plum if that information is supposed to be implied by you being 'masons'.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1551, Amrun wrote:Refusal to do what?

I'm confused.

My role pm says mason... That's all I need to know. That's all anyone needs to know. What other answer would Plum give than what is already in my role pm?

Refusal to do us the favour of removing your "plausible" deniability.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Amrun »

I'm not refusing anything and I don't know why you think I am.

I was never even asked to ask Plum this. Andrius asked me to ask Plum about my kill flavor and I did.

I won't listen to requests from you because the seraphs say you're scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, nvm, Gut asked.

I'll ask Plum, though this is silly.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Amrun, 90% of the time mason roles are not alignment confirmed. I don't know why you are having such a hard time grasping the fact that you need to ask the mod about this.
Permanent V/LA.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Dekes »

Checking in from the phone. I'm mostly caught up, so I'm trying to be concise here. And no quotes.

I'm more and more inclined to hang sun and moon. Too many inconsistencies with the claim. And the nillerism reeks too much of scum caught trying to explain a guilty on them. Also, did anybody else find it weird that csl informed amrun instead of claiming? Hydra or not, if I was town and my lynch was immediate, I'd claim ASAP. No need to ask permission from your partner.
Whatever ooba and sam are (neighbors, lovers, silly scun) I don't think they are two town aligned masons. Only thing that doesn't make sense is Sam's name claim. I really don't want to believe in two turins.

@amrun
Did you inform ooba/Ludi immediately once you turned miller?
Why is your vote not on moi if you're so sure he's scum? You're voting empking, the not even confirmed guilty of the seraphs who apprently unlocked moi's cop ability. Do you trust the seraphs? Do you think moi was honest with us about everything regarding the seraphs? Do you think Andy is?

@ooba
I want you to do the same amrun was asked to do. Ask plum whether you two are alignment confirmed.

@feysal
Is your kill flavor specified in you role pm?

In Lotr mafia, every mafia member and the vig and sk had their individual l
Kill flavors mentioned in their role pms.

@moi
Why did you neglect to clarify why you name claimed in the first place? It's a legit issue and needs to be answered.
Do you still die if your guilty is not mafia?

God, posting from the phone is hella annoying. I've got more stuff I wanted to say (Andy, spyrex), but this'll have to wait until tonight.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Amrun »

Idk why csl informed me, but I know he is having bandwidth issues and may lose internet for awhile, so that's pprobably why.

We informed ludi of our millerhood IMMEDIATELY.

I am voting for empking because the seraphs have decreed it. If anyone was lying about what the seraphs said for so basic and blatant a thing, I think they'd let us know. More importantly, as long as I am not lynched, MoI supposedly dies. If he doesn't, he's definitely lying and I shoot him.

Lynching MoI wouild be almost as dumb as lynching me.

As for masons - MoI, I think your meta is outdated. I know this wasn't always so, but "masons" means alignment confirmed now.

I asked Plum, but she hasn't answered any questions so far.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Dekes »

In post 1558, Amrun wrote:
We informed ludi of our millerhood IMMEDIATELY.

And you were informed about turning miller when? With the beginning of Day 2?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sooo two of you thought it'd be tech instead of just one.

Yeaaa
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Amrun »

I already said, Dekes. I found out near the end of night 1.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Amrun »

No daytalk btw.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 pm

In post 1558, Amrun wrote:
As for masons - MoI, I think your meta is outdated. I know this wasn't always so, but "masons" means alignment confirmed now.

No, it really doesn't.
Permanent V/LA.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

so amrun claimed miller
then ooba claimed they mason vigs or some shit?

sooooooo
if amrun dies flip scum, ooba would have died
so mason claim obvvvvv reaction kinda no why are they still alive in land of coincidiniks.
FLASH OF GREEN
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Gut »

Ooba softclaimed it earlier.

MoS, it was never 90% non-confirmed and it certainly isn't now. All the cool kids use neighbors.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

was it that lollurker post?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

oh fuck the claim may been real that sucks
FLASH OF GREEN
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

i forgot to mention before i left im vla from last night until tomorrow evening.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 pm

In post 1565, Gut wrote:Ooba softclaimed it earlier.

MoS, it was never 90% non-confirmed and it certainly isn't now. All the cool kids use neighbors.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen masons that *were* confirmed. I'm not saying that scum-masons are terribly common, but it's pretty much common practice to not confirm alignments. Certainly enough that neither Ooba or S&M are justified in assuming that's the case if they weren't explicitly told so.
Especially
in a bastard game.
Permanent V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Again I am putting this directly up front so no-one misses it.

Amrun wrote: My role pm says mason... That's all I need to know. That's all anyone needs to know. What other answer would Plum give than what is already in my role pm?

Amrun wrote:I'll ask Plum, though this is silly.

These two quotes clearly demonstrate that Amrun’s (and ooba’s I’m assuming given his brief claim post) role PM explicitly does not say that they are alignment confirmed.

So again … they aren’t Masons as would exist in a Normal game. But then again, this isn’t a normal game.

--

Dekes wrote:moi
Why did you neglect to clarify why you name claimed in the first place? It's a legit issue and needs to be answered.
Do you still die if your guilty is not mafia?

Because my reason for doing so becomes moot when I explicitly state why. And quite frankly it really doesn’t need to be explained unless Mina / Faraday asks at this stage.

I die if any guilty result I get does not die by Nightfall the next day. Them being Mafia is not explicitly stated, just Guilty. I suppose a Daykill would also work to satisfy the results.

--

Amrun wrote: CSL lurks as anything, actually. I never lurk, scum or not. This is my first shame of this sort.

Chronopie lurks as both alignments also so your ‘it’s a valid reason to kill him” is rather empty given this statement. Cognitive Dissonance away!!!

Amrun wrote:If we're both town, then we're both Turin. I don't think that's very likely, so I think you're scum. I've already been confirmed as Turin, so why do you act like a seraph calling you Turin should make me scum? But if we ARE both Turin, somehow, that would mean very interesting things for flavor. You don't seem interested in this at all. I am. It's weird how uninterested you are in the fact that we have both claimed Turin. The more I think about it, the more it seems scum have some need to have me lynched today - kind of like a Bookie, in Sexy Sedilla. You claimed Turin just to claim the main guy and put the highest stakes possible. Ugh. The whole situation is very weird.

Aha … the conspiracy angle surfaces from caught scum … somehow I’m scum who chose to fake-claim Turin just to make the stakes higher. Nevermind that it would have been much more effective to not claim my role and just give a guilty if I was making it up.

Us both being Turin doesn’t mean that you are Town. You scanned Guilty and suddenly claimed Miller afterwards. Nevermind that you had all of Day 2 (which went the distance) to claim it. That’s scum behavior.

Of course there being two Turin’s in the set-up is ‘interesting’. I certainly doesn’t change the fact that I’ve thought you were scum for two days and the Cop guilty confirms it for me. I’m more interested in hanging scum than talking about ‘interesting’ set-up elements when the game is ongoing.

Amrun wrote:I won't listen to requests from you because the seraphs say you're scum.

Scumdar is off the charts Captain ….

Amrun wrote:As for masons - MoI, I think your meta is outdated. I know this wasn't always so, but "masons" means alignment confirmed now.

Not even close. The label on your Role PM is rather meaningless unless the abilities stated within back up your claim. Which clearly they don’t.

I once played in a Theme game as a ‘Neighbor’ that was alignment confirmed. Which effectively made me a Mason. But I wasn’t a Mason. I was a “Business Partner Neighbor”.

You can have Role PM that says Super Cop but if you are not granted the explicit ability to investigate players the title doesn’t much matter beyond window dressing.

--

Herod wrote: I wouldn't expect the Seraphs to know what that ability is, so how is this relevant?

The Seraphs know 100% I’m not lying about my ability being activated. They also had two days of Thread and QT play to get a read on my. Sun and Moon’s statement that they ‘should be trusted’ based solely on their claim over me makes it a relevant point.

Herod wrote:Why?

Why are you asking empty questions? Ooba said (in the post you quoted) that Town should feel free to hang / Vig them if I die today because we don’t lynch Sun and Moon and I flip Town. I’m expressly telling him that he should expect to die.

Is your normal style of play to be this heavy in IIoA?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:01 pm

In post 1565, Gut wrote:Ooba softclaimed it earlier.

Ooba scum has a penchant for defending his partners actively. See Back to the Future Mafia.

That said given he had the chance to explicitly claim they were alignment confirmed (and now it is moot since Amrun has admitted they are not) I don't think he is as likely a partner.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1057, ooba wrote:Image

@Gut
Disagree on the Furclow shoot.
Espeonage or VitaminR are excellent SK shots.

@MoI
Look above for S&M reasoning. (It is further proof of town alignment if they post elsewhere on the site while totally ignoring this game)
Also, I am very confident on town. reads this game.

4 more votes for a kanye lynch. Please join.

^^^This is how someone defends their mason buddy?????
FLASH OF GREEN
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Gut »

In post 1572, Ellibereth wrote:^^^This is how someone defends their mason buddy?????

You certainly thought it was a weird defense before, at least enough to ask for meta on Ooba making such defenses, how is that inconsistent with a mason trying to defend someone they know is town without straight up coming out and saying they are masons?

@MoI
Stop trying to turn this into a you vs. S&M. I don't doubt that you are town, you are stupid to still think S&M is likely scum though, and neither of you are getting lynched today. We aren't giving up a chance at lynching someone that has a real shot at being mafia just to save your ass.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm

In post 1573, Gut wrote:@MoI Stop trying to turn this into a you vs. S&M. I don't doubt that you are town, you are stupid to still think S&M is likely scum though, and neither of you are getting lynched today. We aren't giving up a chance at lynching someone that has a real shot at being mafia just to save your ass.

Quite frankly go fuck yourself.

I'm playing to my wincon. I have a Cop guilty and explicit instructions that I DIE if Sun and Moon doesn't. I'm not going to just roll over and quietly go into the Night simply because you say so.

As for being stupid - I'll leave that to you. I note that you are doing everything in your power to ignore the fact that Sun and Moon aren't Masons in the typical sense. Not to mention the fact that the only thing about Sun and Moon's claim that is credible is the fact that they have a QT with ooba.

And that Mina / Faraday confirm their Role-name is apparently Turin.

That's it.

Late Miller claim? Scumtastic.
Cognitive Dissonance in explanation for reasons to shoot Chrono? Scumtastic.
Vig claim then dodges kill flavor concern? Scumtastic.
Slot's play? Scuimtastic.

Amrun is hanging on to the fact that Mina / Faraday say his role-name is Turin and the incorrect interpretation that they are actually alignment confirmed as if that suddenly makes their scummy play and the COP GUILTY just vanish.

No thank you. You can go back to doing nothing as usual Gut ...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”