Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Amrun »

1249 makes sense to me. I am no longer sure of a scumread on that slot. Bah.

I think Anxiety is scum.

After that, my next highest read is Junpei.

After that, PoE says one of Luxury/Snake.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

I can buy that as well. Anxiety lynch would be alright.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

No comment on my post about the rolecops?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

sounds like a lot of fencesitting from you to me.

You say you're fine with an investigation BUT WATCH OUT TOWN.

I'm not gonna castigate you too much though because if I was investigated once as town, I'd think it was stupid to investigate me again as well. However, speaking objectively, it does make more sense to investigate someone for a second time today because of the nature of the role. It doesn't return perfect information, therefore a second investigation (be it on you or Anxiety) will return a much more likely clear or not clear on that player. I don't think a third investigation is necessary. It's a numbers game really.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

How will a second investigation prove anything?

Only a third proves something.

I'm saying I'm fine with an investigation since I have nothing to hide; HOWEVER, I can see this being a potential sword of Damocles and I will not be villanized for wasting resources. If town wants to do this, then that's fine, but they absolutely should consider all angles. Considering the pros and cons of an action is not fencesitting.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

i am soooooooooooo done with this game, just lynch me and end this torment; sotty and zach were the only people who had any sort of faith in me this game.

once i flip town look at why cc(a claimed vt) doesn't want to be investigated.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by saulres »

Don't leave quite yet. You'll note I'm not voting for you. I have yet another bizarre theory, which may not be so bizarre, and I'm leaning on you being town from it (and from other things). I just need to do some ISOs tomorrow before I present it.

Or if you do want to leave, then ask for a replacement. Don't lynch yourself if you're town and potentially lose the game for us.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

I actually think it's makes sense to cop a claimed VT and probably one who hasn't been investigated by either myself or formerly Locke, which I think leaves us Luxury and Crab Canon? I will do one of the others if people really want me to. Although I think getting some information on an unknown rather than getting possibly the same info back on someone already investigated. Although I suppose that would potentially confirm them as telling the truth? Im starting to get a hurting head over all of this.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 am

Post by saulres »

Snake, in your role PM, does your Amazing ability come before or after your Voter one?

I'm wondering if the results come in downward order, in which case that would clear 4nxi3ty and possibly Amrun, and would be extremely useful on Luxury or CC.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Amrun »

That's actually an excellent, excellent idea, saulres.

I'll tell what order my Amazing is but I know my own alignment and I'd like to hear Snake's answer first (and also he has another ability and I don't, so who knows).
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 4.1

4nxi3ty (L-3) - Junpei

Not Voting (6) - Crab Canon, SnakePlissken, saulres, Luxury, 4nxi3ty, Amrun

Deadline: Wednesday November 2 @ 11:00 AM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2011-11-02 11:00:00)
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 1258, saulres wrote:Snake, in your role PM, does your Amazing ability come before or after your Voter one?

I'm wondering if the results come in downward order, in which case that would clear 4nxi3ty and possibly Amrun, and would be extremely useful on Luxury or CC.

It was my impression that his investigation returns a random role ability. Why do you think it's in order?

In terms of Anxiety's suggestion I'm trying to dodge investigation, well that's just stupid. I'm saying Snake should investigate a VT and it should ultimately be his choice, even if that's me. I have nothing to hide and I can guarantee an investigation of me will return a voter ability. That being said, I do think --and I've explained logically why-- confirming a previous investigation is a more efficient use of the ability. Regardless, Snake just needs to pick and make it happen so we can move forward with the game.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1261, Crab Canon wrote:It was my impression that his investigation returns a random role ability. Why do you think it's in order?

I don't think it is (that's why I asked). I hope it is. Giving a random result puts a little too much dice into the ability for my liking, making it almost useless; everyone has a chance of returning (V) Voter and the role could spend all game getting nothing at all useful (especially if the random result is generated every time, meaning you could spend all game getting the same result from the same person).

I'm sure if Vi were still alive she could link me to examples of games where rolecops get only one role at a time (the wiki doesn't say anything about characters with multiple roles). I haven't had any luck looking for examples on my own.
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Crab Canon »

It's not a role I've ever heard of, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me to be random from DDD.

DDD is a mafia hunting purist that doesn't believe in putting too much faith in PRs to win the game for town. He doesn't like setup speculation without facts and he doesn't care for roles that are going to break the game for either alignment. If he created a rolecop role, I don't see why he wouldn't hamstring it in some way, shape or form. I see no reason to believe it's in sequential order when snake said he just investigates and receives and ability. My inclination was to immediately think random.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:40 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1195, SnakePlissken wrote:I can get the
random
result of one of a persons roles

Hm that may be why you thought it was random. I find Snake's posts hard to read and it's not the first time I've missed (or misunderstood) something from him.

Crab Canon wrote:He doesn't like setup speculation without facts

Not sure what you mean by "without facts". I find it impossible to look at the lack of kills on nights 1 and 2 without speculating about the setup.
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Crab Canon »

In post 1264, saulres wrote:Not sure what you mean by "without facts". I find it impossible to look at the lack of kills on nights 1 and 2 without speculating about the setup.

Facts would be something you can reasonably assume based upon various pieces of corroborating evidence. ie, things we don't have here.

How sure are you that Junpei is town? I really feel like you're town because your descriptions of everything are super detailed. Junpei I don't get the same vibe from.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:57 am

Post by saulres »

I'm not sure Junpei is town. I'm sure that he's Roy, because his description of his ability is too similar to mine and I didn't feed that info when I described it, so I don't think he's faking it. The only reason I lean town on him at the moment is because I'm having more trouble figuring out how the tiger works if he's scum than I am if he's town.

Spoiler: Insane theory showing how my mind works
Of course if he and Snake are both scum, and Snake got a read on me on day 2 (because really, how could anyone
not
use that ability before putting someone at L-1), Snake could have fed the info to Junpei so Junpei appears town. But I'm not seriously suggesting this which is why I hid it in a spoiler.

In any case I agree, Snake should pick someone and get a result on the sooner side. He's not one of the more active posters and we'll have to wait for him to post whatever response he gets from DDD, so the less waiting at this point, the better.
On permanent
V/LA
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Yeah, I agree about hurrying the investigation up. We don't need the game stalling.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:11 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Right I have sent Triple D the investigation. I'll let you know who when it comes back just in case there is some kind of day blocker type thing. Just to be safe. My abilities go in the order of the copping, being amazing and then my vote. I can only assume everyone has the vote last in their PM?
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Oh and just for the record. Im not the most active poster, due to being in the UK and therfore being on different time scales to most of you, I have abusy day job and 3 kids who when I get home I have to get feed and get to bed etc. before I get any real time to myself, plus I run my movie website which also takes a fair amount of my other time too.
Show

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:15 am

Post by saulres »

I didn't mean it as a criticism, just an observation. No offense intended.
On permanent
V/LA
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:26 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Oh no none taken, I just wanted to point it out, just so people don't think Im deliberately lurking or something. Sometimes I literally get on here for 5 minutes in and out, which is why I tend not to replace in as I don't always get time to read back or indeed the current posts properly all the time. Which is why once I've got my Mod stripes proper I'll probably only play very sparringly.
Show

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

OK I went with Luxury as I wanted new info rather than risking learning nothing from the others and I got returned

(V) Voter: Each day you may submit your vote for who should be lynched. You may change your vote as often as you like until a majority has reached a decision.
Show

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:08 am

Post by saulres »

Well, that's either very helpful or completely random and unhelpful. No way to know I think.

Off to the VCA. Stay tuned.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 am

Post by saulres »

Snake, what's the flavor of your cop ability?

Meanwhile, while looking at the VCA I got distracted. I'm going to try something.

4nxi3ty says he walked away from this game but didn't request replacement. He's been actively posting in other games but it seems he's given up on this one and asked us to lynch him. If that's his town play then I think that's sufficient grounds for sanctions against him for not playing to his win condition. I think the threat of sanctions is generally a strong enough incentive for town to request replacement rather than shit on the game, so I have to assume his play is a scum AtE.

vote: 4nxi3ty
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”