NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 724, Hiraki wrote:

@Mod: Does Zdenek have a double vote or not?

Mod error again. I'll have an updated and fixed VC up momentarily.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Eleven Drummers Drumming (no, I don't care that it's October):

funkybike1 (4): bvoigt, theamatuer, Sky, SodaSpirit17

Revenus (4): DavidParker, Shattered Viewpoint, iamausername, Beck
Shattered Viewpoint (3): sorgster, vijay2vasandani, popsofctown
Slandaar (2): ThAdmiral, Zdenek
Popsofctown (1): ZeL1Nk
Zdenek (1): Hiraki
ZeL1Nk (1): funkybike1
Beck (1): Revenus
theamatuer (1): Pine
ThAdmiral (1): Slandaar

WITH TWENTY-TWO ALIVE, IT'S TWELVE TO LYNCH.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 2ND @ 10PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Primate »

Reading Page 20+ to get an opinion on current game first, so I may be missing some context.

Wow Beck's not at all constructive.

Don't like the oneof x/y in TheAms #500.

Pops is right re:vighinting but patronising. (Came back to this comment after a couple of pages and I get why, if this is consitent throughout the game)

Beck is obvtown.

I'm starting to wonder whether FunkyBike is someone attempting oldschool troll.

I don't get why Pops quoted a Shattered post that makes him look town.

ScreamingHawks vote on me without even getting my name right is scummy because it implies that the action is born out of laziness.

GJ vijar in #582 for asking slandaar why ThAdmiral is scummy. I was thinking it looked like omgus. Slandars response in #589 is a stretch.

Pops #596 is right.

Lol at beck naming 6 people his most scummy targets.

Revenus #607 is wrong. Bad vote, need context before I can decide whether it's a scummy thing.

Sorgster pops up and makes me realise I have the impression that only a few people are doing the posting. Makes sense I suppose, this is quite a quick game and they do skew that way.

I apparantly need to Iso Shattered.

ThAdmirals #640 is pretty bad.

ScreamingHawk talking policy lynch for the good of the town. Townie--

Lol at SV.

Bad reaction to SV from Sorg.

Despite a last ditch effort from vijay, page 27 is terrible.

Pops #677 is unfortunately right.

Beck's #680 misses the point.

Vijay's #695 is just wrong.

Slandaar's 699 is interesting becuase I've noticed a few people call ThAdmiral town, but most of his posting I've seen has been badly thought out. Slandaar's currently at null for me, but getting decent reads on these two shouldn't be difficult.

Sorgster has a habit of skewing slightly preachy. Need to meta that becuase it's a tell.

On the votecount, Revenus is the only wagon out the top four I don't mind at the minute.

I'll get in some Isos and do 10-20 later.

Anyone claimed yet?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 699, Slandaar wrote:I did not suspect you, however, you were also not a town read you were basically sat at null

And yes I did explain it a couple posts later, you seem to know funky is town.

Everyone needs to read ThAdmirals posts re funky, he clearly knows something we dont regarding his alignment.

This a gap in your logic; I am working off the assumption that funky is town in the same manner that you are working off the assumption that I am scum. What's the problem?

In post 699, Slandaar wrote:My stance re funky: who cares what his alignment is today? it will all be sorted tonight and then we can look at the wagon with proper information.

What's going to be sorted out tonight?

In post 699, Slandaar wrote:ThAds stance is one of a scums disposition trying to push his sky is scum read with a nonsensical reason and threw a couple other names in there to make sure it didnt look like that.

You're going to have to elaborate on this bit because, yet again, I don't understand what you are talking about.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 701, Slandaar wrote:
In post 690, ThAdmiral wrote:
What?

It means your stance is wrong if you were town. If you thought people pushing a wagon who you find town are scum then thats fine, but you did not use it to find scum pushing the beck wagon so you are just using anything you can to back up your vote otherwise you would not find beck town and everyone pushing his wagon town.

Your stance summed up: someone thinks funky is scum they must be scum!

There is no way you believe that, you must be scum.

I actually understand what you are getting at here, but I don't think the two situations are comparable. In fact I find this accusation patently ridiculous. I didn't even realise Beck had a wagon on him until rereading and I found out that he had a total of 4 votes on him on page 5, barely after we had gotten out of the random voting stage. I hadn't even gotten a town read on Beck at that stage which makes your accusation even more invalid.

In post 727, Primate wrote:ThAdmirals #640 is pretty bad.

Is it? k.

In post 727, Primate wrote:Slandaar's 699 is interesting becuase I've noticed a few people call ThAdmiral town,
but most of his posting I've seen has been badly thought out
. Slandaar's currently at null for me, but getting decent reads on these two shouldn't be difficult.

Ok. Another cheap shot. Fine.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Pine »

Welcome to Townland, Primate.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 728, ThAdmiral wrote:
This a gap in your logic; I am working off the assumption that funky is town in the same manner that you are working off the assumption that I am scum. What's the problem?

Why are you assuming he is town exactly? no im not assuming you are scum to make any of my other reads.

see? this is the easiest way to explain it, you are assuming someones alignment to make reads or accusations on others when there is no reason for you to assume he is town, its actually absurd.

ThAd = scum.

Funkys alignment

You're going to have to elaborate on this bit because, yet again, I don't understand what you are talking about.

You were looking for any reason to put skys name in a bad light again.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Slandaar »

maybe i should elaborate a little more

ThAd is scum because hes not assuming he KNOWS.

I see no reason to assume funky is town and assuming he is to accuse others is absolutely scummy.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Slandaar »

my thoughts on OMGUS

if i accuse someone they can no longer say anything bad about me or they will be accused of OMGUS.

this is not how it should work, omgus is not a scum tell like at all, in fact, because people know they will be accused of it, its probably more townie, its just an easy way for scum to make comments without really commenting on things.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 724, Hiraki wrote:I'm ignoring Beck.

good example of pro-town play :roll:
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 731, Slandaar wrote:

Why are you assuming he is town exactly? no im not assuming you are scum to make any of my other reads.

see? this is the easiest way to explain it, you are assuming someones alignment to make reads or accusations on others when there is no reason for you to assume he is town, its actually absurd.

ThAd = scum.

Ok. I'm going to give you a little history lesson to clear things up.
Pay attention now, because you obviously haven't been so far.

I first voice my thoughts about the funky wagon in this post:
In post 573, ThAdmiral wrote:I will say I think the wagon on funkybike is a bit too easy. In terms of both target and how easily it is moving along picking up followers.

I get this weird feeling that everything that has come off looking 'scummy" so far hasn't been perpertrated by scum. I mean some of it is too stupid to say as scum, and some of it has just been misconstrued. I realise that is a little vague, so to point out some examples: pine saying something about not caring if someone else is scum, theam's false dilemma between pine and beck, everything funkybike says etc. I feel like the scum is sitting back and sniping. In any case it's what I'd do as scum.

Note: I also voice my thoughts on the people that have been copping a lot of heat up to this point (including funkybike), and my feeling that these people probably aren't scum.

Soon after beck posts this:
In post 574, Beck wrote:I can't believe I am actually saying this, but I am envoking a little bit of rainbow dash up in here, I think funky's play is way to obviously bad for him to be scum. I sadly agree with Shattered on this point that he is just n00b or something, I don't think he is scum. I do hope he participates more and starts providing content, but for now this wagon is no bueno.

the 2 people on that wagon I am most leery of is bvoigt and theamateur

Vote: bvoight

And I respond with this:
In post 579, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 574, Beck wrote:the 2 people on that wagon I am most leery of is bvoigt and theamateur

I think the money place to look for scum on that wagon is the three S's: slaandar, sky and sodaspirit. Combination of gut feeling, my pre-existing suspicion of sky, and the fact that 3, 4, and 5 are the cliche cushy scum positions on any given wagon.

Note: I say "any given wagon". This theory applies equally to town OR scum wagons, as the scum often like to get on in a good bussing position. This is somewhat irrelevant, however, because I do indeed believe funkybike is town.

Now that that's all out in the open,
can you please explain where I have shown inconsistency or have indicated that I KNOW funkybike is town
?

Funkys alignment

Are you going to kill funky?

You were looking for any reason to put skys name in a bad light again.

Were did I do this? Do I have to give you another history lesson?
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

@ ThAd: I don't know if you already discussed this, but what about shattered? He is another "s" so I'm assuming you have something to say about this.
coming back after a 3 year break.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:14 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

He is acting cocky, but that's not a scumtell as far as I know.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Beck »

I definitely like this exchange between Salandar and TheAd, it's providing good reading material and it's solidifing 2 of my reads. Im willing to bet, one of these 2 is probably scum and the other is probably town. So let's do this.

Both of you, can you give me your top 2 scum and town reads, and if you can a brief explanation of why.

I also would like both to comment on the back and forth between rev and myself, and the points we both have brought up on each other.

Thank you.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

I will respond later tonight, but I will quickly point out this;
In post 735, ThAdmiral wrote: I feel like the scum is sitting back and sniping. In any case it's what I'd do as scum.

What has funky been doing exactly? yeah sitting back and sniping (bussing) so, how did you get this magical funky is town read? because his wagon was going too well? but wait a second, wasnt funky doing exactly what you think the scum are? so the votes should be vindicated from your standpoint surely?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Slandaar »

OK

ThAd's read on Funky is that he is town and hes very sure of this because for some reason he is assuming funky is town as shown here:
In post 728, ThAdmiral wrote:I am working off the assumption that funky is town

yet he says funky has been doing exactly what he expects scum to have been doing as shown in my #739

So, how can this be? how can ThAd assume that someone is town who cannot possibly be a town read for him? bar the claim what has funky done exactly? why is ThAd so sure the claim is legit?

It makes no sense.

So, let us delve deeper to find out about why he is saying funky is town...

In post 573, ThAdmiral wrote:
I will say I think the wagon on funkybike is a bit too easy. In terms of both target and how easily it is moving along picking up followers.

OK, nitpicking a bit but the wording here is pretty bad 'I will say' townies would just start with I think... its like he was thinking of NOT saying this which again backs the theory funkys town and ThAd knows it, hes saying 'i will say this' in defence of funky which means he didn't really want to defend him. AND of course, for a town read he really didnt do much to stop the wagon this is all he said about it and for such a strong town read too... that is very scummy especially the fact he wasnt going to say it in the first place.

However the main point to use this quote was to show where his town read came from, its not terrible, but its hardly a reason to assume someone is town, again, his super strong funky is town makes absolutely no sense.

Then there is the claim of course, which should not change ones read dramatically.

In post 573, ThAdmiral wrote:
Well obv sky is my main scum read at the moment. Other than that I have a bunch of town reads, and then there's a lot of other people who I basically can't distinguish because they haven't really done anything.

sky is his main scum read and then we get this;
In post 579, ThAdmiral wrote:
I think the money place to look for scum on that wagon is the three S's: slaandar, sky and sodaspirit. Combination of gut feeling, my pre-existing suspicion of sky, and the fact that 3, 4, and 5 are the cliche cushy scum positions on any given wagon.

oh look coincidence? no.

OK, it is the same for any given wagon? really? so 3rd vote on scum is more likely scum than the 6th vote? really?

It is just any reason he can think of to try to justify his sky is scum read, anything at all.

My top 2 scum are ThAd and Hiraki, hiraki has posted a lot but no real content at all, its all fluff, like hes trying to appear more active/helpful than he is being.

top 2 town Beck and Zel/Pine (its close cant decide) Becks strongest by a fair bit though.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Beck »

Thoughts on rev Salandar?

Also, theAd says he is working on the assumption funky is town, that doesn't imply he knows 100% he is, funky is obvious town, I'm surprised you don't think so
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Slandaar »

why is he?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

I find rev fairly town but I can see the arguments against it, I just think hes been so vocal and provided a fair ammount of content that hes more likely town... he does not give me the same ease of calling him town you/pine/zel do though...
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Beck »

In post 742, Slandaar wrote:why is he?

His playsyle hasn't changed much since getting pressure, and he has obviously made himself a object of attention, which I find highly risky if he was mafia, plus my gut says he is probably town.

My thing is, if theAD THINKS funky is town, analyzing the votes on that wagon isn't an example of scum play, cause town would also be doing that. The fact that he was asked why he chose funky's wagon over mine was also sort of silly because my wagon wasnt even close to the size funky's wagon is.

Your pressure on him, Looks good on the surface, but I feels like the the reasons don't support the amount of pressure you are putting on him, especially for doing something pro-town, analyzing a wagon. It's much easier if you know if funky is town, but we don't.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:55 am

Post by theamatuer »

Well he's only putting attention to himself and not responding to said pressure.
And personally, it feels like scum using the "too scummy to be scum" falllacy
Its just whatever
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

exactly we dont know, so why not wait until tomorrow when we will? the vigs just gonna kill him (or try) if he isnt the real vig... and if he is we will know because someone other than him will get hit by the vig, right?

How did he make himself an object of attention? by not contributing at all, of course the wagons going to go well, its a pretty decent vote for townies as hes not being useful in anyway at all... so either way he flips isnt terrible, if town meh, if scum then obv thats great.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

ThAd didnt analyze the wagon fwiw, he just said some random comment about 3/4/5 being more likely scum... its pretty hard to analyze the wagon when we dont know Funkys alignment yet and it should at least encorporate the reasons people voted not the positions they voted...
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Revenus »

Don't like summaries, but that was at least a townish summary Primate.

theamatuer looks worse and worse as he sounds better and better, based on my experience playing with him last game.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Beck »

So he sounds better but looks worse due to meta?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”