Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1031, MacDougall wrote:
AGar wrote:
In post 1022, MacDougall wrote:
In post 996, AGar wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Now, I've explained this to you before...
but it didn't occur to me to just unvote.
It was a simple error. I play on other forums and I didn't realise I could unvote and leave it. I
n hindsight I did know I could do it but where I play most commonly, the play beckons no lynches frequently
(we don't have hammer, we have deadline based lynches). If I had have just unvoted, then this would not even be happening. I had no plans to NOT VOTE. I didn't want a no lynch. I just didn't want my vote on anything at that time, so I thought I had to put it on no lynch.

Except you unvoted from SK in post #344, and then voted to no-lynch in post #444.
Check your iso.

Your point? After I voted SK and then decided to unvote him I had been left with nobody firm to put a vote on. I didn't become aware of Vezok until later when David pointed it out because he had posted so fleetingly and pointlessly that his posts had just fallen between the cracks to me.

Read the bolded parts.

Then come back to me.

(Hint: You say it "didn't occur to you to unvote [and you voted no lynch instead]" when you moved your vote SK -> unvote -> No Lynch. See the problem here? The context of this line of questioning is not in regards to Vezok, it's in regards to you blatantly voting to No Lynch rather than push a wagon.)

Yeah I see that. I wasn't saying I didn't know that I could unvote, just that the fact that I commonly vote no lynch in the meta at the other forum I play so I and others there usually don't move from a vote to a blank unvote, but rather to a no lynch, in that scenario. Bolded to point out that I mentioned this.

Let's try this again:

You were unsatisfied with both SK and DX lynches. You unvote. Then, 100 gameposts later, you vote no lynch.

Which means either you legitimately wanted a no lynch and are backing off of the position now, or you weren't keeping track of your vote.

So come again - why did you vote No Lynch. Please try and not lie to us this time, it makes finding your buddies that much easier.

@Andrius
Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

@Magua
#1029. Respond please. Even if it's just "Wow AGar, you're so right!" I'll be satisfied with the recognition.

@MOD
Prod on Vezok please? And also, putting the notice out there now;
V/LA from October 28th to 31st
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Andrius »

Macdougall wrote:How unfortunate for you that you wasted so much time writing all of that just to make a conclusive scum read on a town player. There is literally not a point you've made that I haven't already had someone else point out and had to explain.

You DO realize I just replaced into the game, right? And was reading everything for the first time?

I'll address stuff later I'm off to bed now, just wanted to throw that out there.

AGar: Not a problem dude. Been awhile since we last
played
got culted together.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Andrius wrote:
Macdougall wrote:How unfortunate for you that you wasted so much time writing all of that just to make a conclusive scum read on a town player. There is literally not a point you've made that I haven't already had someone else point out and had to explain.

You DO realize I just replaced into the game, right? And was reading everything for the first time?

I'll address stuff later I'm off to bed now, just wanted to throw that out there.

AGar: Not a problem dude. Been awhile since we last
played
got culted together.

Yeah I know, that's why I said what I said.

AGar wrote:
In post 1031, MacDougall wrote:
AGar wrote:
In post 1022, MacDougall wrote:
In post 996, AGar wrote:

Except you unvoted from SK in post #344, and then voted to no-lynch in post #444.
Check your iso.

Your point? After I voted SK and then decided to unvote him I had been left with nobody firm to put a vote on. I didn't become aware of Vezok until later when David pointed it out because he had posted so fleetingly and pointlessly that his posts had just fallen between the cracks to me.

Read the bolded parts.

Then come back to me.

(Hint: You say it "didn't occur to you to unvote [and you voted no lynch instead]" when you moved your vote SK -> unvote -> No Lynch. See the problem here? The context of this line of questioning is not in regards to Vezok, it's in regards to you blatantly voting to No Lynch rather than push a wagon.)

Yeah I see that. I wasn't saying I didn't know that I could unvote, just that the fact that I commonly vote no lynch in the meta at the other forum I play so I and others there usually don't move from a vote to a blank unvote, but rather to a no lynch, in that scenario. Bolded to point out that I mentioned this.

Let's try this again:

You were unsatisfied with both SK and DX lynches. You unvote. Then, 100 gameposts later, you vote no lynch.

Which means either you legitimately wanted a no lynch and are backing off of the position now, or you weren't keeping track of your vote.

So come again - why did you vote No Lynch. Please try and not lie to us this time, it makes finding your buddies that much easier.

I voted no lynch because I didn't want my vote to count for anything at that time and I felt inclined to let the fact that I had no scum read be known to the world. I said this before but I didn't want my vote being somewhere I didn't believe in, in case a lynch occured while I was afk. I popped in to check the progress, saw nothing of note, placed my vote on NO LYNCH, rather than leaving it on the unvote and I really can't explain why... I suppose there may be merit to your idea of me not following my voting. I guess I had forgotten that I had unvoted SleepyKrew, or assumed that I had voted someone else between the posts. Maybe I actually did vote for someone else but my net dropped out and I walked away. Who knows? I didn't think of the fact that it would make me look non commital and scummy, a mistake, granted.

Should I link you to this other forum game to prove the point I am making about no lynches being common there?

There's not much else to say on the matter now I feel. If you have any more questions I'd be shocked. I've spent what feels like a week explaining a thoughtless off the cuff action(s) and it's starting to grind me down. I'll tell you one thing sincerely. I'm 99% sure that if I was scum, I would have been a hell of a lot more careful with my early game actions. I also would most likely have broken or stopped responding by now.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1052, MacDougall wrote:I voted no lynch because I didn't want my vote to count for anything at that time and I felt inclined to let the fact that I had no scum read be known to the world. I said this before but I didn't want my vote being somewhere I didn't believe in, in case a lynch occured while I was afk

YOU WERE ALREADY UNVOTED. WHAT I AM ASKING IS WHY IT WAS NECESSARY TO MOVE FROM UNVOTE TO NO LYNCH.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Wraith »

manho
and
vezokpiraka
have been prodded
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 am

Post by manho »

responding to prod, but i'm still in V/LA.

and i see lots of posting since my last post, so i may need more time to catch up after i'm out of V/LA...
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1055, manho wrote:responding to prod, but i'm still in V/LA.

and i see lots of posting since my last post, so i may need more time to catch up after i'm out of V/LA...

My bad, forgot you declared that.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Sorry Wraith. I checked the thread, but didn't post.

I've read Andrius's wall. And I see why he thinks macdougall is scum.

The thing is nobody is considering him a newbie. With that facts at hand and looking at him like a newbie something different comes up.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:35 am

Post by MacDougall »

AGar wrote:
In post 1052, MacDougall wrote:I voted no lynch because I didn't want my vote to count for anything at that time and I felt inclined to let the fact that I had no scum read be known to the world. I said this before but I didn't want my vote being somewhere I didn't believe in, in case a lynch occured while I was afk

YOU WERE ALREADY UNVOTED. WHAT I AM ASKING IS WHY IT WAS NECESSARY TO MOVE FROM UNVOTE TO NO LYNCH.

MacDougall wrote:
I voted no lynch because I didn't want my vote to count for anything at that time and I felt inclined to let the fact that I had no scum read be known to the world. I said this before but I didn't want my vote being somewhere I didn't believe in, in case a lynch occured while I was afk.
I popped in to check the progress, saw nothing of note, placed my vote on NO LYNCH, rather than leaving it on the unvote and I really can't explain why... I suppose there may be merit to your idea of me not following my voting. I guess I had forgotten that I had unvoted SleepyKrew, or assumed that I had voted someone else between the posts. Maybe I actually did vote for someone else but my net dropped out and I walked away. Who knows? I didn't think of the fact that it would make me look non commital and scummy, a mistake, granted.

Should I link you to this other forum game to prove the point I am making about no lynches being common there?

There's not much else to say on the matter now I feel. If you have any more questions I'd be shocked. I've spent what feels like a week explaining a thoughtless off the cuff action(s) and it's starting to grind me down. I'll tell you one thing sincerely. I'm 99% sure that if I was scum, I would have been a hell of a lot more careful with my early game actions. I also would most likely have broken or stopped responding by now.

Sorry, that's the best I've got. Perhaps you should try reading entire posts in future before you make rude posts like that.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by whispersilk »

VOTE: AGar

Why are you making such a big deal about the "no lynch". I've seen newbies do the same thing more than once. I think Dougall is town.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1059, whispersilk wrote:VOTE: AGar

Why are you making such a big deal about the "no lynch". I've seen newbies do the same thing more than once. I think Dougall is town.

Because every time I've seen someone new vote No Lynch in the past year and a half it's been a new scum player trying to look protown by going "Look, I don't wanna risk lynching town so no lynch guys!" No lynching on D1 puts scum at a HUUUUGE advantage as they get to skate by on a free day with no associative reads being able to be established off of lynch patterns, and yet they get a day of game-content to pore over for PR tells, breadcrumbs, vanilla tells and the like. If you can't see why this makes no lynching a valuable D1 play for scum, you're already a detriment to the twon.

Here we go, gonna pull one out of Fate's book here.

MacDougall, I'm pulling the 1v1 card here. Quite simple.

We lynch you today. If you flip scum, I'm right and booyah, go me. If you flip town, we lynch me tomorrow. Quite simple. If you're town, you realize that you dying, while not a great move, provides a wealth of information and is not a huge detriment to the town.

@The Rest of the Town: This is how confident I am in this read. Time for you all to nut up or shut up and stop pussyfooting around the fact that we have a viable lynch here and start doing something about it.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

The viable lynch is Vez.
I don't much care for the possibility of both of you being town and wasting two lynches.
Vez is a fucking beacon of scumminess.
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

I've seen newbie scum do the NL as well. And I jumped on him too. Kicked my ass afterwards... It's a legit scumslip.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by MattP »

AGar wrote:
We lynch you today. If you flip scum, I'm right and booyah, go me. If you flip town, we lynch me tomorrow.

Worst strategy ever.

I hate when people offer this. Especially since you're probably town.

Anyways, I am 99% positive Andrius is town based on his wall. VERY insightful Andrius. Looking back, I do agree mostly with MacDougall talking so plainly about Shinki being cop looking scummy. Hell, why the fuck would a townie do that? I kind of think MD would make more sense as an indie than scum though.

I don't get MD's "no lynch" post but I don't think it's a HUGE deal. I could write it off as being newbie if anything.

Since I haven't posted my reads yet I can say fairly confidently that Andrius, EtherealCookie and AGar are village. I still think Soda is scum but he has gone into super-stalk mode lately. Vezok looks like VI but could very possibly be scum. Both should post more so I can get better reads.
Last edited by Wraith on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by MattP »

@MOD
: Can you fix my quote tags? Thanks.
SlappyKrust
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

Also, I'm a bit concerned how AGar says it's either him or Mcdougall. I want both of them to claim now. If needbe I can claim with them as well.

MattP- why do you think i'm scum?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 923, MattP wrote:
In post 323, SodaSpirit17 wrote:SleepyKrew... seriously?

unvote
Vote: SleepyKrew for being an idiot
unvote
Vote: DavidX. Sure whainaut

Why did you vote for David then? Actual reasoning please. No bullshit like, "whainot". SleepyKrew dayvigd Samantha on a horrible whim and then says, "Ohay ever1 lez kill diz gui" and you just shrug and vote? Scummy scummy scum scum.
In post 338, SodaSpirit17 wrote:
In post 328, Otolia wrote:It's so tempting to hammer SK to get rid of him ... but I believe he his aligned with me.

QFT. However, if we want to take the risk, we could. It might not pay off though. I don't see any of his actions at all to be towny.

It
might
not pay off? You mean lynching the player that just proved he was a day vig may perhaps not pay off? Of course it wouldn't pay off.

These two posts make me think Soda is scum. I'm going to try and be more vocal now about my reads. Apologies.

^This post explains is SS17, and on top of that you have been very quiet. You still haven't answered my question from this post.

New info which makes you look suspicious to me:

In post 995, SodaSpirit17 wrote:i had my suspicions of vezok earlier.

Drawing suspicion on vezok with no reasoning as to why. Seem to be trying to cause a lynch on him and whether that is to save yourself or to get rid of scum I would like some more explanation. Why do you have suspicion of vezok?
In post 1024, SodaSpirit17 wrote:I could support an AGar lynch, or some pressure at least.

Here is a second post where you call someone out, this time outright supporting a lynch. Why do you support a lynch? How would one put pressure on AGar? It seems by this point you are not saying these things to promote or facilitate village discussion but rather to make the blame get off of you.
In post 1062, SodaSpirit17 wrote:I've seen newbie scum do the NL as well. And I jumped on him too. Kicked my ass afterwards... It's a legit scumslip.

And here is a THIRD attempt, on a THIRD player, to get them lynched. First vezok, then AGar, and then MacDougall. You provide no reasoning for any of them, instigate no voting on them but wait for others to (which I personally believe is very scummy since you try to avoid being in the spotlight per say) and are being incredibly quiet. All three of these things make me think you are scum.
SlappyKrust
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1064, MattP wrote:
@MOD
: Can you fix my quote tags? Thanks.

You can't quote URLs like that, dude.
Show

SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

that was during the RVSstage..
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1068, SodaSpirit17 wrote:that was during the RVSstage..

I wouldn't have considered that point part of the RV stage. Also you failed to repsond to any other part of my post.
SlappyKrust
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Otolia »

Though I know it's very difficult for scum to win a lynched or be lynched situation, I'm reluctant to use it in this situation. I'm not sure it's really useful against MacDougall. Let's see what Magua and Andrius have to say about it.

Concerning the wake-up of SodaSpirit, I don't think you can get anyone to claim right now. It looks very suspicious to ask for claims when yourself is highly suspected. And please don't try to divert the lynch unto vezok, that's just bad.

@PeregrineV : You better start pushing for my lynch or vote someone else, compared to AGar's case, it's weak.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not gonna play that game with you Agar when you are like a no read to me. All of my scumread on you I keep putting down to OMGUS and I'm not willing to justify allowing myself to be lynched just to have you lynched tomorrow, and allow the other, more scummy players, a free ride.

If you want to lynch me fine, but my dying request won't be for Agar's lynch. It will be for Vezok's.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1070, Otolia wrote:Though I know it's very difficult for scum to win a lynched or be lynched situation, I'm reluctant to use it in this situation. I'm not sure it's really useful against MacDougall. Let's see what Magua and Andrius have to say about it.

Concerning the wake-up of SodaSpirit, I don't think you can get anyone to claim right now. It looks very suspicious to ask for claims when yourself is highly suspected. And please don't try to divert the lynch unto vezok, that's just bad.

@PeregrineV : You better start pushing for my lynch or vote someone else, compared to AGar's case, it's weak.

I haven't decided about MacDougall or Soda yet, who look to be leaders for today.

Does AGar have a case on you? I didn't see it.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1065, SodaSpirit17 wrote:Also, I'm a bit concerned how AGar says it's either him or Mcdougall. I want both of them to claim now. If needbe I can claim with them as well.

There's no need for me to claim at this point. I'm not being lynched today, MacDougall is.

In post 1071, MacDougall wrote:I'm not gonna play that game with you Agar when you are like a no read to me. All of my scumread on you I keep putting down to OMGUS and I'm not willing to justify allowing myself to be lynched just to have you lynched tomorrow, and allow the other, more scummy players, a free ride.

If you want to lynch me fine, but my dying request won't be for Agar's lynch. It will be for Vezok's.

Thanks scum, this is all I needed to see.

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by MacDougall »

AGar wrote:
In post 1065, SodaSpirit17 wrote:Also, I'm a bit concerned how AGar says it's either him or Mcdougall. I want both of them to claim now. If needbe I can claim with them as well.

There's no need for me to claim at this point. I'm not being lynched today, MacDougall is.

In post 1071, MacDougall wrote:I'm not gonna play that game with you Agar when you are like a no read to me. All of my scumread on you I keep putting down to OMGUS and I'm not willing to justify allowing myself to be lynched just to have you lynched tomorrow, and allow the other, more scummy players, a free ride.

Thanks scum, this is all I needed to see.

Lol typical. So in your weirdo world a town player would go along with your idea with a town read on you? You're starting to fall apart Agar.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”