malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by malthusis »

bah, I'm going to be V/LA over the weekend, so there's no way I'm going to be useful at all.

Sorry Mod, could you replace me please?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Not to be that guy and maybe its more heartstrings but I absolutely can't see DGB-scum just laying that on the table like that.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by springlullaby »

[quote="In post 594
Spy, my point on Spring had nothing to do with my read on Kuribo. She could have picked the other side (Was it Khan? Reck? I don't remember) and I'd see the same thing. It's the fact that she didn't post anything original, just said "I pick this side". It's like if in the last Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers went out for the coin toss and said "I pick the Packers to win" and sat in the stands for the rest of the game. No. You're a player too. Play the game. But some scum play that way where they just try to position themselves to what they think will be the winning side of an argument rather than get in the discussion. Even town sheeping is more "Well, this side says this. This side says that. After thinking this, I pick that". She was more "Hi. I pick Kuribo's side. Bye."
[/quote]

That's a totally bullshit reason. You are scummy for 1)making a paragraph full of it like it is a reason at all 2) still pressing the point now that we are page 25.

The rest of your scum read are also very feeble. The fate vote makes no sense at all.

The DGB wagon is crap no one on it is actually pressuring her, it makes everyone on that wagon jump up in scumminess.

Unvote

Will reread and call my shots.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by springlullaby »

^^
quote was from SA
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

While kuribo is vastly entertaining, hes certainly not acting very pro-town here.

unvote

Vote: kuribo
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by kuribo »

oh, so being pro-town means power lurking while never offering any real opinion

gotcha, thanks for that
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by chunkykev »

@Shattered
- Could you please answer my question in post #572?

@Goofball - I'm sorry to hear about your real life situation and hope things get better for you.

However, in the context of the game, don't mean to sound harsh, but that is no excuse. If you can't play the game you should be asked to be replaced. If you are playing the game then you must be held accountable for your play and I still expect reasons for your reads and votes - it would be wrong to treat you differently to anyone else. If you have reasons then share them and you must have reasons if you are town.

In post 642, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd rather be lynched than persevere in a game full of cranky people while my life sucks eggs.

That is not a town attitude. Town should never want to be lynched.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Pine »

In post 638, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 634, Fate wrote:No acknowledgement of how your scumass is getting run up?

Here's what.

My husband threatened to leave me, said he'd been miserable for 26 years and there was nothing I could do to change his mind. I ran to find a job because I was going to have to make ends meet more solidly than with my web income alone.

I am now spending my days lining up lightbulbs and climbing giant ladders to move merchandise at a hardware store, for minimum wage. At 46. With a Master's degree in Molecular Biology.

He's back, but I'm not taking any chances.

So.

I'm sorry if I'm not in the mood for long winded cases.

You're getting what I can give.

If that's not good enough, lynch me.

I'm very sorry to hear about this, and I can empathize with some parts of it, particularly the profound underemployment. You have my heartfelt deepest sympathies.
In post 651, SpyreX wrote:Not to be that guy and maybe its more heartstrings but I absolutely can't see DGB-scum just laying that on the table like that.

DGB-Town and DGB-Scum have exactly the same reasons for laying it out like that - it's true, and that's the overriding focus in her life right now. Don't cheapen it by considering it strategically, it wasn't meant as such. No one who's gone through something like that is crass enough to use it for strategic gain, and I don't find DGB even remotely heartless enough to make it up for game profit. Shame on you for trying to use your buddy's personal life for your team's advantage.

Use what you've got in-game, and only that. As much as I empathize with her, I saw DGB-scum early. With the SA wagon falling apart, I'm willing to switch over and let SA survive until D2 (though a vigging would be quite welcome).

Unvote
Vote: DGB

Sorry, DGB.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 656, chunkykev wrote:
In post 642, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd rather be lynched than persevere in a game full of cranky people while my life sucks eggs.

Hello, if I had a second vote, it would be on you. This is terrible.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 651, SpyreX wrote:Not to be that guy and maybe its more heartstrings but I absolutely can't see DGB-scum just laying that on the table like that.

+1

+10

+100

Spyrex is town.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

i'd bet kuribo's left nut that DGB is town.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Ellibereth »

chunky's one of those hilarious peoples
groundhogged to say that
seeya monday
FLASH OF GREEN
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 am

Post by kuribo »

In [url= 660 [/url], Sleepless Assassin wrote:i'd bet kuribo's left nut that DGB is town.

so she's your scumbuddy then?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:30 am

Post by kuribo »

In [url=658 [/url], Hinduragi wrote:
In [url= 656[/url], chunkykev wrote:
In [url= 642[/url], DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd rather be lynched than persevere in a game full of cranky people while my life sucks eggs.

Hello, if I had a second vote, it would be on you. This is terrible.

anyone who agrees with kev on that has obviously never opened up a game as town and said, "jesus, these assholes again" and then closed their browser... And then half assed it because nobody likes telling the mod to replace them. Town get frustrated or apathetic. Sometimes they throw their hands up and say "screw this."

in fact, I've seen it more times in town than scum

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:33 am

Post by Hinduragi »

...kuribo, I don't get you at all. I thought you had me as town when you said you agreed with my reads then you said I was scum. Now you're saying DGB is SA's scumbuddy and in your next post you say you think she's town.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:36 am

Post by kuribo »

I remember why I stopped playing back when I did. I was going through some really personal stuff, and mafia just had no appeal to me. As town, I found myself too emotionally tired to argue with idiots. As scum I just didn't have the energy to lie and manipulate. (plus I sucked as scum) so I found myself half assing it across the board, and when I got endgamed in the last one, I just went away. So DGBs story does ring a few bells of familiarity.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 am

Post by kuribo »

In [url= 664 [/url], Hinduragi wrote:...kuribo, I don't get you at all. I thought you had me as town when you said you agreed with my reads then you said I was scum. Now you're saying DGB is SA's scumbuddy and in your next post you say you think she's town.

hindu, remember what I said about inability to detect sarcasm being indicative of autism?

what I was saying is that SA is almost certainly scum, and I was mocking the fact that he called her town.

I mean christ, if I have to explain every smart ass remark to you, were gonna need another forty pages

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am

Post by kuribo »

welp, time to go feed my patients

I had an epiphany last night in the grocery store about my own play that I'll share with you guys later

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Usually you use sarcasm to accurately explain your reads. Unless it's blatantly obvious, internet sarcasm is pretty fucking hard to get.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

How is DrippingGoofball like America?

She's the land of opportunity...istic scum..

(was that too much of a stretch? Well, fuck it, I'm rolling)

The wagon on DrippingGoofball is shite. There's no real subtance to it. Anyone who is scum can just say to themselves "A Fate GOGOGOGOGO wagon? I'm in!" then post some vague non-meta reasoning "town wouldn't play that way" and vote. DrippingGoofball is even offering herself up to be lynched a la Metropolis: Revisited which makes her a strong town read for me.

I'd much rather see a Day 1 lynch of one of the following. Because I'm positive that scum lies within.

chunkykev

- I made a case against him and he responded and I was going to let it go, but then he completely and totally capitulates and votes. And it's a bad vote at that. If you want to save up your votes and make them precious, then that's your philosophy. But your "Enough's enough. Khan is going to get his wish..." post is straight up appeasement and blame shifting. I checked your iso, you've never asked DrippingGoofball any direct questions about any specific reads, you've just asked vague-y "Are you going to contribute?" questions which are insulting to answer for anybody.
tl;dr Unfocused scum-hunting + opportunistic vote = scum

Shattered Viewpoint

- Absolutely weak lurky play. I hate going after lurkers because unfortunately some townies think it's perfectly ok to lurk. But compare Shattered Viewpoint's iso to Lowell's (another notorious lurker). Lowell is giving out minimal information, but he is providing reads and votes. Since Day 1 is usually a crapshoot, I'm not against taking out someone that's going to lurk conspiciously and will continually give us doubt throughout the game.

xRECKONERx
- Like I said before: no townie soul. First thing that bugged me was the "one of the SDC is scum" comment. I've seen large games fantastically well when a voting bloc emerges of people that can get a quick town read on each other. xRECKONERx's comment served to de-rail the SDC from the get-go and get them paranoid with the use of dubious math. Then he backs it up with a dumb challenge to Fate. Then he defends grimmjow when grimmjow needs no defending. You say boyfriend, I see buddying. You stop as soon as he calls you on it.

I know kuribo called me out on the drunk-posting comment. I'll admit that it's a minor thing that may mean nothing, but it nags at me. Just feels like damage control.

Plus there's the opportunistic vote on DrippingGoofball.

tl;dr xRECKONERx isn't scum-hunting. He's fucking around and jumping on wagons. Scum-tell.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh, he did vote DGB. I thought he said that without voting her and being all "If I don't have a reason to vote, I won't" which is why I quoted it and said what I did.

Still, you're right. I was thinking "If he's voting her and he said that, he isn't even doing anything because town DO do that"
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:29 am

Post by Fate »

In post 668, Hinduragi wrote:Usually you use sarcasm to accurately explain your reads. Unless it's blatantly obvious, internet sarcasm is pretty fucking hard to get.

I had to be THAT that guy, but DGB haas faked the woe as me just lynch me then as scum. On my phone can't link it, but it was Mafia Invictus. Look ths is gonna be hard to dance around and scumbuddies like Spy are gonna beall "don't lynch her that's mean" but we NEED to lynch scum to win.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 671, Fate wrote:
I had to be THAT that guy, but DGB haas faked the woe as me just lynch me then as scum. On my phone can't link it, but it was Mafia Invictus. Look ths is gonna be hard to dance around and scumbuddies like Spy are gonna beall "don't lynch her that's mean" but we NEED to lynch scum to win.

(Added link for you)
She's also done the "fuck this game, just lynch me and get me out of it" as town (Metropolis:Revisited). Which is what her play in this game reminds me of.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I know I asked in dead QT in INVICTUS what DGB's alignment was when I died but I am pretty sure I know how to read her because somewhere in D2 she did something that caught my eye and I was pretty sure me-alive would've read her right.
chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:51 am

Post by chunkykev »

In post 669, Kublai Khan wrote:But your "Enough's enough. Khan is going to get his wish..." post is straight up appeasement and blame shifting. I checked your iso, you've never asked DrippingGoofball any direct questions about any specific reads, you've just asked vague-y "Are you going to contribute?" questions which are insulting to answer for anybody.

I have continually asked Goofball about her posts (yes, not about the specific reads, but if she's going to give reads on multiple people then I want reasons for them all). The fact she has continued to ignore my questioning and continued to post reads with no reason is enough for me to put my vote down and hopefully get some answers from her.

In post 669, Kublai Khan wrote:Unfocused scum-hunting

In a big game with so many players and with it being day 1, taking notes on, commenting on and questioning a range of players is more beneficial that focussing on a small number of players, so where you say unfocused scum-hunting, I say gathering information about as many people as possible. You might not take notes during a mafia game, but I do and much of what I learn from day 1 will not be used until later in the game.

In post 669, Kublai Khan wrote:Shattered Viewpoint- Absolutely weak lurky play.

If Shattered fails to give me a decent answer to my questions, or continues to ignore them, then I would support a Shattered lynch.

In post 672, Kublai Khan wrote:She's also done the "fuck this game, just lynch me and get me out of it" as town (Metropolis:Revisited). Which is what her play in this game reminds me of.

That is noted and adds weight to those that have said her “just lynch me” comment isn’t scummy. In the other site where I play regularly, these kind of “just lynch me” posts are usually a pretty good anti-town tell, but this does bring in to question if that applies here, and specifically if it applies to Goofball.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”