Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Soben »

Hai everyone. Other half of teh hydra here. I will refer to the other half of the hydra as "R" for Regfan from time to time. I jokingly messaged Regfan asking "lol game start yet?!" so we could perhaps discuss ways to troll this game. Of course, the game had already started, 8 posts from Regfan, and I'm fucking around per the usual.

Lol at ScreamingHawk saying we seem nice. I wonder if you will say that by the end of the game :P

Hai Odysseus.

In all seriousness, I generally agree with the reads R has posted so far this game with a few exceptions:
-I don't see the strong town reads on DH/Timeeater. I think meta-saying someone is town on day 1 is unreliable. Town reads day 1 are very important, but only if they are accurate.
-I don't see bionic as scum. I found his comments on the way he plans to contribute to the discussion to be sincere and it didn't read to me as having some sort of scum-motivation to explain future shameless lurking. The motivation appears to be to keep the game on task and I approve of that.
-All 3 of the above I have happily listed at null right now.

The things we do both agree on though:
-Uphill and Odysseus are both strong town reads.
-Treznor is probably town and we are very much against his lynch.
-Our top two preferred lynches at this point in time are Katty Bard/el simo.

Reasons I potentially think Katty is scum:
-iso #2 meh, maybe its just me but when I see someone discussing bussing early on I usually think scum, because scum are in the mindset from pregame that they may have to bus to win or at least are thinking about their options. Town aren't thinking of bringing up bussing, because well, they are town.
-iso #5 reads as an attempt to appear town and legitimize the RVS stage as if "still not being satisfied" with the Soben vote was something worth discussing really.
-iso #3 is explaining mechanics/aspects of the game seems to me to be a bit of a sidetrack to the suspicions on her.

Katty could just be a female noobing it up. To be completely honest, I'm not saying this to be mean, but I have a hard time reading females sometimes because I find most of their actions so darn illogical and I find their low self-esteems to be borderline scum-appeasement as opposed to a null gender trait. Yes. I'm an asshole. But all this is true.

Katty, do you have any town reads? Why are you trying to explain to the masses why someone is scum so early. There is not much to go on...

Other import thing,
Treznor is town.

Reasons:
-Really, its mostly in his attitude. I can see why people are skeptical of him due to his iso #2, although that unvote was more bad than scummy really.
-His attitude is calm, trying to explain to himself. He is trying to explain to others why he is doing what he is doing. I don't sense any nervousness or hidden intents really. He is trying to communicate clearly which has heaps of good town-motivation behind it.
-His #7 is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. He is apologizing for not quoting earlier to make things apparent. He's trying to explain his actions to town. Scum often try to hide their intent with fence-sitting, etc.
-tldr, Treznor's openness is a town tell.

Now I am completely aware that I could be wrong about Treznor, but I don't think I am. He is probs town and I very much want the wagon on him to dissipate. There are better places to look for scum, (i.e. Katty + elsimo)

Votecount 1.5:

treznor - [3] - Timeater, DemonHybrid, ScreamingHawk
Katty Bard - [2] - Odysseus, Soben
Timeater - [1] - el simo
el simo - [1] - Gen_Wolf
ScreamingHawk - [1] - bionicchop2
bionicchop2 - [1] - Uphill

Not Voting - [4] - Yonzy, treznor, redtail896, Katty Bard

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or 7 to no-lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2011-11-09 11:01:07)
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 125, Soben wrote:
-iso #2 meh, maybe its just me but when I see someone discussing bussing early on I usually think scum, because scum are in the mindset from pregame that they may have to bus to win or at least are thinking about their options. Town aren't thinking of bringing up bussing, because well, they are town.

In post 23, Katty Bard wrote:shh let him bus his buddies first

In post 53, DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: treznor
. yuck. Go ahead, timeater, you can bus him.

Interesting thesis.

=================

In other news, I would like to see how Katty responds today. I am always weary of people who use claims of illness during games. It is a specific AtE that gets under my skin, especially when brought up unprovoked. I don't doubt the migrane, but I don't see the value of posting it except to gain sympathy. If your head hurts and you are going to be 'brief and incomplete', it is probably best to just rest and then come back when you can focus on a better post.

I will see how she comes back today before making any further judgment on it.
The above written statement is pro-town.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

DH, Why do you think Time is scum over Katty?

Katty asked why Uphill voted who he did and why in RVS. she didn't freak the fuck out like timeater did.

In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:Wow this game has taken off quick. Anywho...

Timeater reads town - aggressive but that's all good.
Treznor reads nub-null / null-scum - opinions are swayed very easy. backing down very quickly. can't handle pressure either becuase new or scum and doesn't want confrontation.
Odysseus reads town - generally nice amount of information for so early on. May need to check his meta later (fill me in if you know)
redtail reads null - why did you unvote someone with only your vote on him (and mine from RVS but who cares) - no harm leaving it there until you have someone else to vote for?
Soben reads town - you seem nice.
Uphill reads town - not much to say here.

Anyone else needs to make a bigger impression.

I'll be back on in hour or so

In post 100, ScreamingHawk wrote:Also should chuck this in UNVOTE: VOTE: Treznor
Wassup son?

Filmsy analysis is my meta.

wait, what

Unvote, Vote: ScreamingHawk

In post 114, Katty Bard wrote:UNVOTE:

I've had a migraine all day, so this is going to be very brief and incomplete.

In the current climate, my vote is indeed terrible. My reasoning was that he just straight-up said, "I'm trying to get this person lynched." That doesn't translate into RvS OR generating discussion to me, so I didn't like it. And, as somebody already speculated (sorry, I forget who it was in my skim-through) at the time it was all I had. When I feel better, I'll read deeper into the game and provide a stronger defense than this.

Also, the hypothesis that I'm a semi-weak player but with SOME experience is correct. I've completed a whopping three games off-site and am currently in a fourth.

Okay, katty is more town.

look at that reg date

just look at it
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

But timeater's slot is still scum. Uphill is town and I agree on the treznor town too. terrible at RVS but he picked things up. plus, there are much more scummy people jumping onto that wagon so

You want this one.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Odysseus »

Okay so I've been waiting to out my reads because I wanted to go over everything with Slaxx but I now realize he can just do what Soben did if he disagrees with me, so here goes.

Funfact: I'm actually am really sick so you should feel sorry for me more than you feel sorry for Katty. :3

Clear is 10, confirmed scum is 1

Uphill: 8
, I've already made my case for why I think Uphill is town. Most of it can be read in post 92. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p3542452) My read on Uphill started out at about a nine but his lack of content and the fact that he unvoted Katty absolutely docked him a point. I can follow the reason behind his recent vote but I am puzzled why he unvoted her at all. The way I see it, lynching scum is lynching scum and nothing bionicchop2 has done has been more scummy than Katty and Katty hasn't done anything to redeem herself. This is heightened by the fact that he did this after my case on her. No one really expressed a disagreement with it so I assume you at least thought some of it was valid so I'm am a bit puzzled why there aren't more Katty votes but that's another topic.

Soben: 8
, Soben's play probably deserves higher than this but to speak plainly, I am afraid of him. I'd like to think I had the ability to read him back when we played EM together almost everyday but I haven't spoken to him in six months prior to this game and this is a different mafia format. I want to tell you what I do know about Regfan (Scumhunter is actually a harder read because I don't know him as well). He is one of the most logical people I know and his town play always reflects this. His biggest fault is the fact that his townplay is so good that as scum he can't afford to be as good because his lynches can't be correct. The best way to read him is wait for him to push on someone, if said person towntells even a little and Reg doesn't react to it or unvote, he's probably scum. When the person he's leaning on starts to towntell he almost always tunnels and get louder. I'm pretty sure this is because he wants to distract you from the fact that the person towntelled. If he's lynching scum, he's usually a lot more laid back and just piles on the logic (this is what I think he's done this game). The reason why I'm telling all of you this even though he can read it is because I don't think that he'll be able to NOT do this even if he knows we're watching. Because he's so good, there's just this gap that you can't fill because as scum your lynch targets must be wrong to win. Now the reason I say his play deserves a high town read is because he has been very open about his reads. He's been quick to assign townreads and scumreads which reads as legitimate scumhunting. And when probed for his reasoning, I feel that he's always had legitimate reasons that have swayed me into thinking like him. I really like how his early reads mirrored how Slaxx and I were feeling and when this happens it's usually a sign of us being on the same team. I also like Scumhunter's addition because the reads I didn't completely agree with Regfan on, he didn't either. That's all I can give you. His play probably deserves a 9 but I'm a chicken and I don't want to call him almost clear town and be wrong because I know I'd never hear the end of it. And god knows this post wont help his self image...

Timeater/replacement: 7
, I made my opinion of Time's ability to play pretty obvious. He is terrible but I think he is town because of his unwarranted confidence and his egotistic demeanor. You would be hard pressed to find a post that he did not compliment his scumhunting ability or is knowledge of the game and I question if he would be able to keep this up as scum knowing he'd be proven wrong. I feel like only town could play as badly as him and still believe he is some scumhunting god to be reckoned with. Imo, a scum player would know their partners and not even dream of making a post like 22 because it is seriously one of the worst posts I've seen in forum mafia and I've played with Hira. (Inside joke for Soben/Slaxx) Basically what I am badly articulating is if he was scum, he would have known that Uphill was town and I think that making a horrid semantic post backed with limitless confidence wouldn't be possible in his play book because he's too impressed with himself to let him be /that/ wrong. There's a small chance all of this is his horrid personality and even though I really don't want to glance at his other games, I feel like I must now to make sure he's not just some self conceited asshole. Good riddance.

treznor: 7
, I really didn't back a treznor townread until I read Soben's last post (The post from Scumhunter). At first I read him as scum because I couldn't see a town perspective for not reading the game carefully and throwing out townreads that he couldn't believe in because he didn't read. When he openly admitted that he hadn't been reading/reading carefully, I brought him back up to null because I didn't know what to do with him at that point. He would still be null right now if Scumhunter didn't make me aware that of his calm attitude. He absolutely backed down from his simo vote but when reading it again, he didn't seem like he was afraid when he did it. He didn't seem like he was worried that it was a scumtell that might have got people on his case and he's been extremely calm throughout the game even though I disagree with a lot of things he said. Mimicing Scumunter, his calm and unworried attitude gives him a seven. I want to add that if Katty ends up being town, my read on treznor will plummet because I could see scum knowing Katty is town and therefore making the town/town argument without reading. trez, when I asked you about your Katty read you said that you follow me a bit but feel like my case centered around her providing too much information to be town. I'm not sure how you reached this conclusion but I'd like you to read my case on her again because I don't think you got just what was scummy about it.

DemonHybrid: 6
, DH strikes me as vaguely town for the reasons Soben has already said. I'm not really focusing on trying to read DH because Slaxx said that he is an easy read for him so I figured I'd just refer to him. (We had this deal when we made this hydra that he'd trust my read on Soben and I'd trust his read on DH and el simo)

Redtail896: 6
, Redtail is barely above null. I liked when all of this discussion was on Katty, Uphill and Time, he voted us. At first we wondered if he did this to defend Katty a bit. (We were calling Katty scum so voting us would discredit us a little bit) but when I elaborated on my case he instantly unvoted and said that it had merit. The reason this struck me as town because as I understand MS players, they do not unvote often. They usually keep their vote until they find a better place to put it. So I assume that after our case, he read us as too town to remain voting. Yes, I understand that I may be reading too much into this and this read might not translate to other players but whatever.

ScreamingHawk: 5
, I wanted to put this guy at the top of my nulls because he is probably the closest of the nulls to tipping town. This was more or less a gut read based on the little content he's given. Something about saying 'what's up son' or whatever he said after voting trez made me feel like he's very welcome to pressure and has a somewhat calm attitude.

Yonzy: 5
, I've got nothin'. This is too early in the game for me to ISO players and he hasn't stood out at all.

Gen_Wolf: 5
, Who?

Bionicchop2: 5
, Bionicchop is here because I honestly don't know what to do with him. He strikes me as a very experienced player who knows what he's doing. I don't like some of the content he's provided and I agree with Regfan's post about him picking on the lurky guy who didn't focus on the current discussion while doing the same himself. But at the same time I feel like he's brought too much attention to himself by saying that he doesn't post everything he thinks and he would prefer others would do the same. This is a statement I have a hard time seeing come from scum because I feel like no scum would openly admit that he didn't want everything he could get to formulate reads. This could just be his playstyle and how he always acts/talk but at least for now it was enough to keep him out of the scum side.

el simo: 4
, This guy always reads scum to me. In the game I linked, I spent most of d1 and d2 bouncing between trying to lynch him and another player. This is another person that slaxx said was an easy read but he's less confident in his ability to read him than DH. I haven't seen much of actual context from him aside for apologizing and making excuses for his inability to provide good content. I will say that he frequently apologized for his lack of content/not being around in the other game too and he was town there.

Katty Bard: 2
, I am still just as confident in this read as I was at game start. I've made my case on her and I've been frustrated by what little feedback I've gotten from it. I'm tempted to repost it here without quotes just so you guys have to read it again. Here's the link: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3542195 PLEASE tell me what you think and if you agree, vote her already.

Okay, well those are my reads, Slaxx can post his later. Any questions/comments?
Wandering from clime to clime, observant
stray'd,
Their manners noted, and their states
survey'd,
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

odysseus
- Why did you fake double voter?

IGMEOY
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Odysseus wrote:Katty Bard: 2, I am still just as confident in this read as I was at game start. I've made my case on her and I've been frustrated by what little feedback I've gotten from it. I'm tempted to repost it here without quotes just so you guys have to read it again. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?p=3542195#p3542195 PLEASE tell me what you think and if you agree, vote her already.

okay no

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:09 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

In post 130, bionicchop2 wrote:
odysseus

IGMEOY

why is a faked action indicative of scummy?

You want this one.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Odysseus »

DH, I don't feel like him saying flimsy analysis is my meta warrants a vote at all.

Also, this is only my third game on this site so join date/experience doesn't have much to do with alignment.
stray'd,
survey'd,
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

In post 133, Odysseus wrote:DH, I don't feel like him saying flimsy analysis is my meta warrants a vote at all.

Also, this is only my third game on this site so join date/experience doesn't have much to do with alignment.

it wasn't just the "flimsy analysis" meta, it was the weak ass hop onto the treznor wagon and the one line reads

screaminghawk + timeater + lurker. it is NOT katty bard and I don't know why you're so obsessed with that read

You want this one.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Odysseus »

odysseus

IGMEOY

I'm not actually sure. Slaxx wanted to use it to spark discussion and he was looking for who noticed it and thought it was weird and who really focused on it. It didn't really work because you're the only one who commented about it and all the focus was on Uphill/Katty/Time.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Odysseus »

DH, I think I've explained why I'm so obsessed with that read. You're the one that's disagreeing with it without posting why.
stray'd,
survey'd,
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 am

Post by redtail896 »

In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:why did you unvote someone with only your vote on him (and mine from RVS but who cares) - no harm leaving it there until you have someone else to vote for?

Because he explained himself well, I have a townread on him, and I think there are bigger fish to fry.
@Odysseus: You're basically right. I prefer having no vote to having a vote on a town read.

I also don't see this conviction that Katty is scum. It's all based on those early actions in RVS (or, if you prefer, at the end of RVS). What do you think of Katty's later actions?

VOTE: el Simo
Reading el Simo's posts, he doesn't actually say anything substantial. Also,
In post 105, el simo wrote:Odysseus makes a very interesting case against KB. I'm going to have to review when I get a chance.

looks bad to me. You've posted 4 times since then, and still no thoughts. It feels like this line is an excuse to look like you're commenting on it without actually commenting.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Soben »

Retrospective, I'm understanding and agreeing with majority of your reads and I'm actually surprised that you remember my playstyle so vividly. The only read I'd disagree with is your slight town-read on Redtail, I don't think unvoting in the manner that he did is a town-tell at all in fact if anything it would be a slight degree of appeasement which is a scum-tell coming from an experienced player like Redtail though I'm still leaning null on him right now.

DemonHybrid, join date means almost nothing and in Katty Bards case most certaintly isn't something that points towards her being town at all so if you want to defend your town-read on her I suggest explaining it in more detail. Also what I'm interested in seeing from you though is actually reasoning put together behind why you think Timeater is scum because I'm not seeing it at all and my town-read on him is far more than just meta based.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:38 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I did post why.

I think you're giving more credit to IIoA than is necessary, I don't think she meant it and I don't think she was anywhere near knowledgeable about what she was saying

read 114 (which you've failed to do) and get back to me about what you think

Soben: I can do an ISO of timeater if you'd like, I'll be right back with that

You want this one.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:42 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 132, DemonHybrid wrote:
odysseus

IGMEOY

why is a faked action indicative of scummy?

IGMEOY =/= I think you are scum. It means I am watching closely based on this. When he first did it, I looked up the role to see if it was a town roll and if it was a normal role since role knowledge is something I lack in. I asked about it today because I was going to press redtail on their earlier vote for odysseus. The wiki on double voter gave me the impression that it is way too powerful to be a scum role (though it did not say it CAN'T be). I was about to post it and then realized I never checked to see if it actually counted twice.

Now it is on me to determine if their response seems legit and if I think it was town or scum motivated. Initial reaction to their response is that it is legit and town motivated. Their post that came up the same time I posted was very thorough, so I do remain a little wary that they are good enough to draw attention to themselves and present what seems like a logical response to the question.

Still watching them, but right now I think both odysseus and soben are playing protown and seem most active in their scumhunting.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:47 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

In post 18, Timeater wrote:So whats up with that vote, Uphill?

acceptable RVS behavior

Vote: Uphill

"Trying to get Soben lynched" - Why? What for?

NOT ADMITTING JUST WAGONING

"What's not up with your vote?"

"OH LOOK AT ME I HAVE A VOTE AND YOU DONT, HO HO HO" weak deflection indicative of non-town motivations

"It's better than no lynch" - What the fuckmuffins?

noobscum caught, who's next?

unacceptable

how anyone can seriously take uphill's declaration of a straight up lynch as gospel clearly has other motivations other than getting out of RVS. and he still pushes him to this day so

"UPHILL IS TOWN"

TALK ABOUT PULLING TOWNREADS OUT OF YOUR ASS

and he doesn't even see the motivation behind what uphill was posting in the least. can't even see why uphill would be a town read. he just simply wants to go full throttle and lynch "DAT GUY WHO'S TRYING TO RVS LYNCH SOMEONE SO SCUMMY OHHHH"

Are you serious with this?

You guys are seriously seeing this as noobtown and not noobscum?

this ties in with my katty read

vote: treznor

random vote outside of the RVS

utterly non-comittal with reads or contributions

at first I thought this was a bus but he continues to make flimsy cases on townies

What do you think of Katty Bard, treznor?

and a random question on a player

come to think of it, this does make me feel a little weird about Katty but I'd have to rethink that if timeater died and flipped X alignment.

I'd also like to note Treznor just powerlurked out of the game. Scum.

um no.

I care.

Why? Because its indicative of someone trying to hard. And you can think what you want, thats my read. Naive was the wrong word, more like "inexperienced politician".

and he still didn't explain how he had "overly formal wordage". this is quite honestly the most bullshit reason. language is not indicative of alignment in the least. it's actions, utility and involvement.

he then gives a bunch of flimsy reads before ragequitting

Oh, and this

Only an inexperienced player would think an earlygame page one vote would lead to an actual lynch

lol

his ragequit is null. I've seen plenty of ragequits from either alignment but it's a face save in this case

Preview edit: gotchya. I keep grouping IGMEOY's in with FoS's.

You want this one.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Soben »

Demonhybrid, you clearly don't have the best of memories so I'll refresh it for you. You did this exact same tunnel for almost the exact same reasons on Timeater in Enders Mafia where he also threatened to replace out of and was indeed town. What you need to recognize is that he doesn't play like the norm, yes his behavior and his logic is all over the place and his aggression is somewhat questionable but they aren't particularly scum-tells for him in fact I read them as town-tells.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh, I remember Vegas mafia. I just don't believe meta really matters. he pushed uphill and got caught, and kept with it. and it was bullshit. and he tried to make it look town. simple as that.

we'll see how his replacement does, but I'm not expecting a very town showing. right now my vote is on SH regardless.

You want this one.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Sorry, I'm usually good at posting!

Will post in the morning! Going out now, just a quick question:

What does VI mean??
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Soben »

I'm actually starting to get a town-read on Bionic, researching into the possibilities of a double voter (Specifically whether it can be town/scum aligned) reads as a relatively strong town-tell and his paranoia directed towards Odysseus for their double-voter test reads as genuine town paranoia.

DemonHybrid, I disagree, I think meta is highly telling and in this specific case extremely relevant but as long as you're willing to reconsider your read on his player slot when the replacement comes in it's fine. Oh and Gen_Wolf, VI stands for Village Idiot, it's usually a term associated with bad players that are unable to learn.

Town Reads (S->W):
Odysseus, Uphill, Treznor, Timeater, Bionicchop2 DemonHybrid.
Null Reads:
Redtail896, Yonzy, Gen_Wolf, ScreamingHawk.
Scum Reads (S->W):
Katty Bard, El Simo.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Odysseus »

In post 114, Katty Bard wrote:UNVOTE:

I've had a migraine all day, so this is going to be very brief and incomplete.

In the current climate, my vote is indeed terrible. My reasoning was that he just straight-up said, "I'm trying to get this person lynched." That doesn't translate into RvS OR generating discussion to me, so I didn't like it. And, as somebody already speculated (sorry, I forget who it was in my skim-through) at the time it was all I had. When I feel better, I'll read deeper into the game and provide a stronger defense than this.

Also, the hypothesis that I'm a semi-weak player but with SOME experience is correct. I've completed a whopping three games off-site and am currently in a fourth.
Quoting this to prove to DH I actually read it. xD

This really did nothing for me.

1) She gave an excuse for limited content. Whether or not the excuse is legit doesn't really matter to me and this didn't factor into my read on her at all.
2) I can agree that is what sparked her vote considering there was not much content other than that. I fully grasp that she didn't have much to work with at this point of the game and is another reason why I find this so scummy. Again non-factor on my read.
3) Yeah, I could already tell that she is semi-experienced with the concept of mafia and it was my hypothesis that she was referring to. Again, non-factor.

So what exactly in this post makes you think she's so town? To me it reads as a nothing post that concedes to what was /now/ popular in the game.

Now I can tell you exactly what I think went down in her head and if she is truthful with herself I bet she would confirm this after the game. Uphill said some things that could be read as scummy. He said that he was trying to lynch Soben on like the third post of the game and he obviously couldn't have a great reason for it. This is where her inexperience comes in, she didn't know that this should not be read as scum because it was obvious RVS. And so she saw this and thought it was easy enough to push on. She then saw Time go freaking berserk about how Uphill was so obvious scum. I don't think she bothered to read Time's post carefully, or really think about if these semantics could actually lead to scum. I think she already knew uphill was town and so knew that anything time said was likewise wrong but he looked so confident that it was safe. At this point, Uphill not only seems like an easy lynch but a safe place to put her pressure because others obviously agree. This is where she IIoA'd. I see IIoA as a much bigger scumtell than the rest of you, obviously. You see it all the time in inexperienced scum players and that is something I think I probably have more experience with dealing with than most of you here considering I've played an embarrassing number of games on EM. (Soben, confirm/deny?) IIoA is used to appear town because it makes you look knowledgeable, like you're adding to the discussion and being helpful even though you have nothing legitimately helpful to say. These are a lot of the surface traits most people attribute to being town and is exactly where scum wants to be. I've already explained how the only relevant part of her quote implies that Uphill was town rather than scum which directly contradicts her vote. This is because she made up some theory to support her comfortable lynch target and didn't bother to put a lot of thought into it. I wouldn't have even analysed the IIoA so closely if it wasn't for her gloat posts naming Uphill obvious/noob scum, saying we should watch to see who he busses and the fact that she was explaining to the masses why Uphill was scum. I read this all as scum pushing on a safe lynch. She never looked more confident than Time so when Uphill is proven town, she would look just fine and she was lynching town. Win-win. Also trying to stay in a safe and comfortable place fits perfectly into the above quoted post.

See why I support it so much yet?
Ben, do you suspect her for a different reason than this?

------

Godamnit, bionicchop2, stop using appreviations. I swear this feels like the eighth time I've had to google what the crap you guys are saying. Is it really that hard to type out "Oh I'm editing above post" or "I've keeping my eye on you"?

-----
In post 144, Gen_Wolf wrote:Sorry, I'm usually good at posting!

Will post in the morning! Going out now, just a quick question:

What does VI mean??
lol, kind of proud of this so Ima answer. VI is village idiot and the reason why it bothered him so much is because his opinion of himself was unbelievable. Essentially, it's calling him too poor a player to be scum.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Soben »

DH, I don't think that join-date is a reliable tell. I can see how it has some significant bearing in certain situations, but I don't think this is one of them. Katty's posts aren't apologetic enough. They seem tinged with some peeved passive aggressiveness to me, which honestly, is just about how I'd expect a newer player (or a lot of players really) to react to suspicions on them.

As for Odysseus faking (presumably) being a double voter, I've seen slaxx do that as either alignment.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Soben »

ninja'd by Soben XD
Soben
Soben
Goon