NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1622, popsofctown wrote:did you expect "the post formerly known as 'slip' " mr. Prince?
Not sure what you're getting at that, to be honest.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

In post 1581, Beck wrote:Serious question to SV

Why do you feel the need to troll so much?

It's what I do. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly. I gotta troll.

In post 1620, Beck wrote:I'll respond to this when I get to a pc

Posts like this are totally and completely useless.

Just sayin.

In other news, can I get a quick summary of the Slandaar and vijay cases?

Thanks, ever so.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Beck »

Hiraki, when are you going to share some awesome reads

P.edit - SV your entire iso is p. Useless so be quiet pot
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:41 am

no u

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Pine »

I lol'd
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Slandaar »

SV you never did give me your read of me...

Anyway, there is no case on me, simply put. The vijay case is a bit of a mystery too.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Pine »

I disagree. While I'm not an especially enthralled by the case against you (note that I haven't pushed it or even really commented) saying that there is no case on you is simply untrue. I would ask that you challenge it on its merits instead of issuing a blanket dismissal.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1630, Slandaar wrote:SV you never did give me your read of me...

Anyway, there is no case on me, simply put. The vijay case is a bit of a mystery too.

There are reasons for votes on you, so are you lying now?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 am

Slandaar wrote:SV you never did give me your read of me...

In post 1446, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
In post 1435, Slandaar wrote:I would like to know;

@SV: What is your read of me?

I honestly haven't paid any attention to you; I've been busy trolling rev and Beck. It raises my suspicions, though, that you are interested in my read on you. Now I shall have to go look.

In post 1449, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:OMG Slandaar's iso is 160 posts. Cannot possibly read now.

In other news: I've had a horrifically huge project dumped on me that's due next Tuesday. I shall be slightly less available until then.

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Velzanath replaces DavidParker.

Prodding SodaSpirit17.

Sorry for not checking in yesterday--had the internetz crash. An updated VC will be posted tonight.

Edit: Welcome back, chk. Glad you're feeling better.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1630, Slandaar wrote:SV you never did give me your read of me...

Insinuation, "vijay who, as scum, I know to be town, is under an attack that is equally valid to the one on myself".

Slandaar is so unbelievably scummy why can't we get support for this lynch.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1619, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1618, Beck wrote:1. I guess I mistook not wanting him lynched as being a town read

Now, try and guess why I dont want him lynched?

I don't really want to guess why you don't want to lynch him, how about you just tell me

In post 1618, Beck wrote:
2. Yesrly

I take this as a confession of being scum, i showed you an example from 1 page ago to dismiss your ridiculous argument and you still dont see it?

so page 64 is probably the first or 2nd time
i remember
you calling somebody scum, what you tend to do is point to something and call it scummy, but I don't really see any explanation to why it is scummy.

3. Keeping the flow going is null cause both can do it, but for you I'm not really finding much good info coming from you so it's slightly scummy

Wait a second here, isnt pro town = town? isnt that why ThAd is some super strong town read of yours? isnt he 'scum hunting' on a wagon? thats the only reason you have hes town.

So do explain the double standards.

what TheAd is doing is totally different from what you are doing, he uses a wagon and tries to find scum, you think that is wrong way of doing it, but I suggested it first and don't call me out for it, yet he is scum for it? The whole 3-4-5 thing is such a minute thing to get hung up on, sadly I have seen people outside of newbie games rely on that 3-4-5 thing before, if anything it speaks to his experience level more than it does is scummy level.

4. Theam says you are null in that post, not scum. For that you say he may not be scum which to me implies your read changes based on his opinion of you.

This is not what you said, funny enough this is another example for point #2 anyways, I found his read to be well reasoned and so it improved my read of him, oh super scummy i know. Just because I dont give the reason doesn't mean its not there.

This is what TheAm originally says

"On the other hand, I don't like Slandaar's play for some reason, and I especially dont like how Username refuses to give a reason on why he says slaandar is town.
I'd like anybody who thinks Slandaar is town to please post their reasoning."

I take this to imply he doesn't think you as town, and imo not town usually means scum or scummy. I guess it could mean null though. But after that you never post that you think he is scum, the only time that you imply you think he is scum is WAY BACK on post 77. So since you never indicate you think he is scum, why did you feel the need to say this after he calls you null

You might be town after all.

It came right after he said he doesn't think you are scum, which like I said means to me, your read on him (which you hadn't given an updated one of him) seemed to change when you THOUGHT he was calling you scum, when he clarified he didn't, you make a point to say you think he may be town. It just comes at a weird time and really didn't need to be said imo, seemed weird to me.

5. He didn't say it, but he did imply it, which is essentially the same thing.

Huh? chain of events:
i say theama is scum
, he says something about my style, i ask him if it makes me scum, he says null.

Nowhere did he imply it, show me where, or stop making stuff up.

I don't think the bolded part is true, because I can't seem to find where you said that, i looked around that time frame and even scanned your iso so unless I missed it, I don't think you called him scum.

this is where he implies he thinks you are scum or scummy because if someone is asking for somebody to explain why they think you are town, it usually means they don't think you are.

"On the other hand, I don't like Slandaar's play for some reason, and I especially dont like how Username refuses to give a reason on why he says slaandar is town.
I'd like anybody who thinks Slandaar is town to please post their reasoning."

I've explained why I think you are scum already.

You are scum, you have to be, you make too much up, no townie needs to do that.[/quote]

I haven't made up anything and I am not scum. I can support anything I say with examples, which means it can be proven thus isn't made up.

can you say the same thing? Let's prove it

you say you call him scum and than he questions your playstyle, where is that post where you call him scum, because I don't seem to find it in your iso. It may be there, but I couldn't find it, so please point me to it.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1633, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Slandaar wrote:SV you never did give me your read of me...

In post 1446, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
In post 1435, Slandaar wrote:I would like to know;

@SV: What is your read of me?

I honestly haven't paid any attention to you; I've been busy trolling rev and Beck. It raises my suspicions, though, that you are interested in my read on you. Now I shall have to go look.

In post 1449, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:OMG Slandaar's iso is 160 posts. Cannot possibly read now.

In other news: I've had a horrifically huge project dumped on me that's due next Tuesday. I shall be slightly less available until then.

since you aren't up to the time commitment this game requires, I'd strongly suggest you just replace out. You clearly can't find the time to make a case on anyone.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:18 am

Post by bvoigt »

VOTE: Revenus

I'm sheeping Pine, still working on a full list of ISO reads, and won't bother responding to anything else.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1636, Beck wrote:
I don't really want to guess why you don't want to lynch him, how about you just tell me

He is voting ThAd

so page 64 is probably the first or 2nd time
i remember
you calling somebody scum, what you tend to do is point to something and call it scummy, but I don't really see any explanation to why it is scummy

I dunno if this is true or not it might be, but its just how i play I guess, I imagine i called ThAd scum long before this however... I dont see why this makes me scum exactly its a playstyle. Lets call it null aye?

what TheAd is doing is totally different from what you are doing, he uses a wagon and tries to find scum, you think that is wrong way of doing it, but I suggested it first and don't call me out for it, yet he is scum for it? The whole 3-4-5 thing is such a minute thing to get hung up on, sadly I have seen people outside of newbie games rely on that 3-4-5 thing before, if anything it speaks to his experience level more than it does is scummy level.

Please show me where you said 'lets hunt scum who voted 3rd on a wagon whos alignment we dont know' thanks.

I take this to imply he doesn't think you as town, and imo not town usually means scum or scummy. I guess it could mean null though. But after that you never post that you think he is scum, the only time that you imply you think he is scum is WAY BACK on post 77. So since you never indicate you think he is scum, why did you feel the need to say this after he calls you null

OK, I give you that he does kind of imply im scummy, anyways I questioned it and his answer was good, don't you agree? good answer = town points, what seems to be the issue?

I don't think you called him scum.

I mean if you look at my 2nd post in my ISO i basically do, then the 3rd, exaggerating of course but i do. I call him scummy later on also.

I haven't made up anything and I am not scum. I can support anything I say with examples, which means it can be proven thus isn't made up.

I don't actually think you are scum for the record, but you have not presented a case, you repeated yourself like twice in this huge post for some reason and yes, some of this is made up, i mean of everyone in the game, how many people have posted more solid reads than me? name them, good luck.

Anyways pops is scum its lolobvious and he needs to be lynched today.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1635, popsofctown wrote:

so why no vote? how come you have not been drumming up support before? whats this to do with gaining support you have not been trying?

heres whats happening obvtown beck gets sheeped by the scum and pops is one of those.

In post 1602, popsofctown wrote:
vote Sodaspirit

Looks like that's where we're headed.

Why vote soda? cos its the easy vote today hm? im super scummy but you are voting soda huh, seems good.

Hirakis point was good too...

UNVOTE: ThAdmiral
VOTE: popsofctown

And this is where my vote will stay
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

Post by bvoigt »

OK...I have 3 s'es left to ISO, but here's what I've got so far.

Town

ThAdmiral- He's providing a lot of content and seems sincere.
Shattered Viewpoint- Like I've said, the arrogance is not a scumtell, and I think this is town-NS.
Zdenek- He's slipping a bit toward null, but the cases on him early in the game were pretty bad. Also, I like his pops case.
Pine- I liked his reads post.
iamausername- His reads post also followed my line of thinking in many ways. Faraday has been equally town.
Beck- Yeah, he's not scum.
theamatuer- Initially a bit sketchy, he's actually been bring up some good points.
ZeL1nK- He definitely sounds like frustrated town.
mastin2- He's hasn't done a lot yet, but so far it sounds sincere.

Not Sure

DavidParker- All three of these slots need to post some content.
SodaSpirit17
sword_of_omens
funkybike1- He's just being deliberately unhelpful.
Slandaar- I still need to ISO these guys.
Sky
sorgster

Scum

popsofctown- I still think my case here is a good one.
ScreamingHawk- In #417 he called Pine town. But by #978 he said Pine was the "most suspect." Considering his lack of any sort of explanation, I find this scummy.
vijay2vasandani- Here's the case you've probably all forgotten by now.
Revenus- Yeah, he slipped.
Hiraki- He's a decent player, but he's not doing anything in this game. So far, his "calculated inaction" strategy has worked, but I'd like to ramp up the pressure once we've lynched Rev.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 1638, bvoigt wrote:VOTE: Revenus

I'm sheeping Pine, still working on a full list of ISO reads, and won't bother responding to anything else.

Actually, there's one thing I'd like to ask. Let me know if you have any important questions that I missed while skimming.

@vijay: Could you please respond to this post?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am

Post by bvoigt »

A couple of notes about that list of reads: SH and vijay are not scum together because of this blatant sheep vote. Vijay and Zelink would make sense as buddies because vijay's response to me seemed different than his response to Zelink. Pops and Rev could also be buddies.

vote Sodaspirit

Soda and Rev have roughly the same number of votes, so here's his reason for choosing one over the other:

In post 1604, popsofctown wrote:It isn't, though. I've already said why. The slip was bad, but not bad enough.

Pops did say Rev was town earlier, but to me, you've either scumslipped or you haven't. And it's not like Soda was a strong scum read; pops said here that he was pretty much null.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1640, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1635, popsofctown wrote:

so why no vote? how come you have not been drumming up support before? whats this to do with gaining support you have not been trying?

heres whats happening obvtown beck gets sheeped by the scum and pops is one of those.

vote Sodaspirit

Why vote soda? cos its the easy vote today hm? im super scummy but you are voting soda huh, seems good.

Hirakis point was good too...

UNVOTE: ThAdmiral
VOTE: popsofctown

And this is where my vote will stay

so wait a minute, you said TheAd was scum.

I don't think hiraki has made a good point the entire game so what point are you referring to?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Pine »

bvoigt is Town, by the way. I've thought so since his first big indictment of Revenus, the one that got ignored until the matter was pressed. This list of impressions is similar enough to mine that I can really understand where he's coming from. His activity could be better, but everything I've seen so far has been well-researched, thorough, and seemingly sincere.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 724, Hiraki wrote:I'm ignoring Beck.

Trust me guys.

This is really pro-town.

ThA is town. Stop questioning me.

Not getting the funkybike wagon. He's a newbie and he's null. Nothing scummy.

Iamusername: Why are you voting Parker?

@Mod: Does Zdenek have a double vote or not?

Hiraki, were you referring to the amateur or the admiral in this one?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1639, Slandaar wrote:
Anyways pops is scum its lolobvious and he needs to be lynched today.

I called pops scum too, whats your point beck?

#1621, it basically is what bv said 'you either slipped or you didn't'
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

hmmm

i wonder which one people thought was scummier

and i wonder who I'm voting

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

no this is a real toughie guys don't underestimate the stupidness of this question.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Pine »

Remind me who you suspect? I'm too lazy to ISO you.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”