Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 343, Rhinox wrote:Yosarian2"]Always happens in this kind of game; there's so many scum, so few town, and the scum all tend to lurk.

I really think we need to lynch some kind of lurker-scum today, just to stop the game from stalling out completly. If people have a better idea then FunkyBike, I'm listening.

But all the scum can't be lurkers and all the lurkers can't be scum, can they?

I mean, on this page alone, there's 2 prod dodges and a guy claiming to be busy. I don't think anyone really is driving conversation. How do you separate lurker scum from seemingly apathetic town?[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. Odds are that some of the lurkers are town.

That being said, I bet most of the scum are lurking. That's probably why so many people are lurking, is we have 5 scum in the game right now.

As for how to separate lurker scum from apathetic town; it's really hard. Best bet is probably to try and pressure lurkers to post content, in the hopes that if they do that you can then try to get a good read off of them.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

EBWOP: these new quote tags keep screwing me up, sorry everyone. Last post should have looked like this:
Rhinox wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Always happens in this kind of game; there's so many scum, so few town, and the scum all tend to lurk.

I really think we need to lynch some kind of lurker-scum today, just to stop the game from stalling out completly. If people have a better idea then FunkyBike, I'm listening.

But all the scum can't be lurkers and all the lurkers can't be scum, can they?

I mean, on this page alone, there's 2 prod dodges and a guy claiming to be busy. I don't think anyone really is driving conversation. How do you separate lurker scum from seemingly apathetic town?

Yeah, you're probably right. Odds are that some of the lurkers are town.

That being said, I bet most of the scum are lurking. That's probably why so many people are lurking, is we have 5 scum in the game right now.

As for how to separate lurker scum from apathetic town; it's really hard. Best bet is probably to try and pressure lurkers to post content, in the hopes that if they do that you can then try to get a good read off of them.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by scooby »

In post 343, Rhinox wrote:
In post 331, scooby wrote:This game is fucking dying.

Activity Overview
Don't act like you're not part of the problem. This is not the first time you've complained about activity IIRC. There aren't many with fewer posts than you, and when I look through your iso you tend to clump a couple posts together with 3 days in between. Do something about the activity if you think its a problem.

Except I am doing something about it?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by scooby »

In post 346, TheOtherFiction wrote:
Unvote;Vote Scooby

I figured Rhinn might be scum (Still might) but the only people who reacted to my vote that I don't like is Scooby.

@Rhin: Trying something out. I don't think enough people are talking to allow for much conversation.

But I am not wholly sold on the idea of lurker scum. It could be I just think that some people are talking too much and some not enough or not at all, I really do not like the active luring Hiraki is doing because his posts are useless overall. Refusal to make a case, tunnel vision, etc. I just don't like him.

BTW, if Yos is scum, he's mafia.

What is this post?

Oh yeah I forgot. Its TOF scum.

Ellaborate on why you didnt like the reaction to my vote

Ellaborate on why if Yos is scum, he is mafia.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

sorry

I'm still that lazy.

but I promise tomorrow.

for reals.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by scooby »

Did you know that people that constantly apologize for not posting are more likely scum? Y/N?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by StefanB »

Votecount:

funkybike 1: Rhinox, SirBastion, Yosarian2, scooby (L-2)
TheOtherFiction: Hiraki (L-5)
SirBastion: havingfitz (L-5)
Scooby: TheOtherFiction (L-5)

Not Voting: Primate, iamausername, funkybike1

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
(expired on 2011-11-02 03:48:37)

Hiraki: If that wasn't clear: Iamausername is away for some time (10 days if I remember correctly. He asked to replace him with Elmo for this time. I said that was okay if the players had no problem with it. It was okay with the players to my knowledge.[/color]
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:31 am

Post by havingfitz »

Look forward to hearing why Y2 is not an option of being a wolf. Why is the hypoclaiming not an option? It would suck to have the wolves get a seer hit and not what the seer result/s was. Still like my vote though it's not getting any support. I agree funky has done nada but I'm not sure I see anything vote worthy on him.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

fitz: what do you think Bastion's misunderstanding about how a seer works says about his alignment?

This funky wagon is getting boring. There's no counterwagon and everyone is totally apathetic just waiting back for nothing to happen. That tells me he's probably town, albeit completely useless.

Here is a new wagon thats been dying to happen lately.

unvote, vote: Hiraki

Make it happen guys.
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Completely useless? I'm still a warm body!
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
TheOtherFiction
TheOtherFiction
Townie
TheOtherFiction
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

Post by TheOtherFiction »

Either he is active town or trying to act as a leader because mafia are close to the largest faction. There is no reason for a wolf to act this way as a leader type role like Yos2 has been playing would all but definitely be investigated, wouldn't he? He seems like someone to suspect, so I am fairly certain that Yos2 is probably mafia if he is scum at all, but I am starting to think that he might be town from play. I dunno, that's just me.

Hiraki completely deserves this wagon, regardless of alignment. His play has been the definition of active lurker. Not apathetic cause he vehemently wants me dead, but definitely tunneling and adding little/no insight.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

sorry guys i'll be somewhat VLA til the weekend due to work commitments.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 357, havingfitz wrote:Look forward to hearing why Y2 is not an option of being a wolf. Why is the hypoclaiming not an option? It would suck to have the wolves get a seer hit and not what the seer result/s was. Still like my vote though it's not getting any support. I agree funky has done nada but I'm not sure I see anything vote worthy on him.

(shrug) If seer gets a guilty, seer should probably just claim; at that point, he's already caught half of the scum he can catch.

Hypocoping may tell us if the seer gets an innocent, but that's only marginally useful at this point since the innocent still isn't confirmed town (just confirmed not wolf), and if it helps the wolves find the seer, it probably hurts us more then helps us.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by StefanB »

Votecount:

funkybike 1: SirBastion, Yosarian2, scooby (L-3)
TheOtherFiction: Hiraki (L-5)
SirBastion: havingfitz (L-5)
Scooby: TheOtherFiction (L-5)
Hiraki: Rhinox (L-5)

Not Voting: Primate, iamausername, funkybike1

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
(expired on 2011-11-02 03:48:37)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Primate »

Hiraki's probably town. I get mostly good vibes there.

If we're discussing lurkerlynches, I prefer havingfitz to funkybike by a way. Funkybikes being mostly purposefully incendiary, but Havingfitz has actually done some scummy things.

Vote HavingFitz
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 355, scooby wrote:Did you know that people that constantly apologize for not posting are more likely scum? Y/N?

Did you know that I can make up fake scumtells on the spot too?!?!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Rhinox....I would say it means he's not a seer but that's as far as I would surmise.

@Primate...care to elaborate on the "scummy things " I've said/done?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Elmo »

Yosarian2
:
In post 339, Elmo wrote:
In post 300, Primate wrote:Just looked at all funkybikes other games. I'm not going to pick specifics because they are mostly ongoing but I do think he's been notably less helpful in this game.
In post 317, Yosarian2 wrote:Primate's meta defense of funky is very plausible.
This is extremely weird - what happened there? You ended up agreeing with the exact opposite of what he said..?

In post 358, Rhinox wrote:This funky wagon is getting boring. There's no counterwagon and everyone is totally apathetic just waiting back for nothing to happen. That tells me he's probably town, albeit completely useless.
Eh - if he was scum, there would be one or two people wanting to save him, and it really doesn't seem like you'd be able to start a counterwagon; given the active people mostly (seem) to look town, the only thing to pin on someone would be lurking, and shifting away from him because someone was lurking worse would be difficult. (Notwithstanding that's exactly what Primate is doing. Um.) I would honestly not be surprised to see him being outright bussed in the current situation.

I really don't see why Hiraki is an attractive wagon. Actually, he looks like town from where I'm sitting. Hmm.

In post 357, havingfitz wrote:I agree funky has done nada but I'm not sure I see anything vote worthy on him.
How does that work? He hasn't done anything, so he hasn't done anything scummy, so that's okay? Seriously?

In post 359, funkybike1 wrote:Completely useless? I'm still a warm body!
Not for much longer. If you don't actively
want
to be lynched, who should we lynch? What do you think of TheOtherFiction with respect to Day 1 and now, for example - town or scum?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 367, Elmo wrote:
In post 357, havingfitz wrote:I agree funky has done nada but I'm not sure I see anything vote worthy on him.

How does that work? He hasn't done anything, so he hasn't done anything scummy, so that's okay? Seriously?

It's not ok but it isn't voteworthy IMO when there are better options. I'm not a proponent of lynching for nothing when there are people I do suspect (see my vote). If you see something you think is indicative of him being scum, by all means, please bring it up.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 367, Elmo wrote:]This is extremely weird - what happened there? You ended up agreeing with the exact opposite of what he said..?

Yeah, I misread his post at first.

I do agree that this funky wagon is boring. I really, really hate just letting him lurk his way off the hook, though. His tactic seems to be that he's under pressure so he just vanishes and hopes the wagon on him goes away, and town should never let that be an effective tactic.

The damned thing is, though, this wagon isn't generating any information, we're 5 days until deadline, and we need to do something more productive. If we just let this drift until deadline and then let funky get lynched, and funky does flip town, town is in serious trouble tommorow. So let's get some other wagons going. There certainly are enough lurkerscum to choose from.
unvote:funky
Vote:havingfitz

Funky: Do NOT take my unvote on you as me letting you off the hook. If it gets closer to deadline and you still haven't said anything, don't be surprised if my vote comes right back to you.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

So...no posts at all for 24 hours? This activity really sucks, especially on a borderline speed mafia game (2 weeks deadline is damn short when everyone just lurks).
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Oh right, I have to write that wall.

I have free time.

This seems like the perfect time not to do it!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Elmo »

Yeah, I would happily kill a large number of people here. :<

In post 364, Primate wrote:If we're discussing lurkerlynches, I prefer havingfitz to funkybike by a way. Funkybikes being mostly purposefully incendiary, but Havingfitz has actually done some scummy things.
What are those scummy things, and why would Funky be purposefully drawing hatred? I'd agree he's been largely shameless, but I fail to see how he's been this absent (or unhelpful when actually posting) without hiding himself away.

In post 368, havingfitz wrote:
In post 367, Elmo wrote:How does that work? He hasn't done anything, so he hasn't done anything scummy, so that's okay? Seriously?
It's not ok but it isn't voteworthy IMO when there are better options. I'm not a proponent of lynching for nothing when there are people I do suspect (see my vote). If you see something you think is indicative of him being scum, by all means, please bring it up.
I've referenced what Yos said: in a game with this many scum, it gets lurky, because scum like to lurk and have no motivation to move the game forward. I'd think that means we're more likely to find scum amongst lurkers, and he's been the worst offender. Obviously
given he's done nothing
I can't point to anything he's done to exonerate or condemn him; that's the problem.

I really don't see your preferred lynch, either. You've stated very little justification for his lynch.

In post 178, havingfitz wrote:...I was suspecting Bastion (in comments above) because of his policy lynch post.
This is referencing iam's criticism of #27, on page 2. I don't happen to agree, but even if I did, it's a pretty weak tell; good for the time, sure, but not what I'd expect to be basing current lynches on.

In post 284, havingfitz wrote:the Sir Bastion funky vote seems pointless and forced. Contrived. Fake.
In post 275, Sir Bastion wrote:I have my suspicions but for now I agree with rhinox. It's day2 the time for unhelpful posts are over, it's time to work together. If you are not willing then vote funkybike1
This is referencing Rhinox's #274. I don't see anything here to indicate it's contrived. Given that Sir B started the game talking about lynching lurkers, and Rhinox made a basically unarguable case that Funky is being unhelpful, I'd say it's entirely in line with what you'd expect. What exactly is supposed to be contrived about it?

You're also voting the guy who's been posting the most in a game rife with lurking. If he's actually scum, you should be able to build a significantly better case than this. How exactly is this guy a better option?

I don't have much of a preference here. VOTE: havingfitz

Preview edit:
In post 371, Hiraki wrote:Oh right, I have to write that wall.
You could always write a not wall.
*poke* *poke*
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 372, Elmo wrote:
Preview edit:
In post 371, Hiraki wrote:Oh right, I have to write that wall.
You could always write a not wall.
*poke* *poke*

Agreed. We need everyone to post more. If there are any town in the group of lurkers, we ESPECALLY need to hear from you; town need to basically post twice as much as usual and be twice as agressive as usual when half the people in the game are scum, and it's even worse when we're on this short a deadline.

And, at this totally inappropriate moment, I'm going to have to mention that I'll be V/LA this weekend. :( I do expect to be back before deadline, though, and when I come back I'll be more then willing to hammer whatever lurkerscum happens to be under the knife at this point, so let's make something happen here people.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Elmo wrote:You could always write a not wall. *poke* *poke*

nope.

I need you to vote TOF.

As a town lyncher with a scum target.

(me)

ISO 0-First off, he gives an excuse to a random vote.

No me gusta.

sure it could've been serious, but not uber serious. It's post 26 come on.

TOF wrote:Either way, Bastion looks a little scummy. Plus, a little reasoned vote starts discussion better than RVs.

however

TOF wrote:Either way, we should investigate Cobbler, but as I pointed out, I don't want Bastion to get away entirely. He seems a bit protective of Bastion, but it could just be because its my first read of the first few post.

hmm.

I wonder who looks worse.

Gonna have to say the guy who got suspicion.

rather than the vote.

ISO 3 confirms this whole buddying theory and it's still odd.

TOF just says "lol it's weak so I'm not sure"

holy shit.

how could you guys not catch onto that.

like seriously?

He's invalidating his reasoning before he can do anything about it.

It's like saying "I THINK HE'S SCUM" but then saying "WELL I'M USUALLY WRONG ANYWAY"

that escape plan scenario is more scum-oriented than town-oriented.

TOF wrote:Crypto, how serious are you on lynching Yos2? IE, should I expect super awesome in depth amazing scum details?
hmm leme hop onto something cooler

because I'm getting more scum attraction then town attraction.

TOF wrote:Also note: Hiraki wanted to rush the lynch, said wishy-washy is a scum tale, and voting me. Also an amazing contributor to this thread.
L-whateveronevoteis.

TOF gets scared.

do I really need to go on? This guy is reeks of scuminess.

TOF wrote:I hate to say it, but Yos2 is 100% right, which makes me kinda suspect myself. O.o (jk) But this is a good post, so quoted for truth.
There is no point to this.

Then we have the whole doesn't want to claim shenanigan.

No me gusta en absoluto.

BRB fate spirit taking over

TOF wrote:Claim.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT?

HE WANTS OTHERS TO CLAIM BUT NOT HIMSELF?

WHAT A FUCKING SCUMBAG.

TOF wrote:Hikari wanted me to clam, not cobbler.
WASN'T JUST ME SCUMBAG>

TOF wrote:QFT
YEAH, WELL LET'S SEE THE QUOTE.

Yosarian2 wrote:
Whatever Cobbler flips, I don't think Cobbler and TOF are in the same scum group, in any case. The whole scum tell on Cobbler was that he seemed to want to help lynch TOF while not really seeming to have a reason to do so, and while his TOF vote really seemed to contradict all the reads he was telling us about.
HMM.

ADVOCATES A TOF TOWN POSITION.

KIND OF LIKE EVERY OTHER QUOTE TOF HAS SAID WAS GOOD.

I WONDER IF THERE'S A PATTERN FOR A REASON.

i really don't want to nor think I need to explain that funnybike is town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”