RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Problem: I'm town.

Actual problem: reading this entire game is taking up a lot more energy than I thought it would. I'll finish tomorrow and give you guys reads then. I'm about 2/3 of the way done, but when I finish it will be posted.
don't you feel silly now?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Fate »

POST YOUR READS

AND YOUR THOUGHTS

AS YOURE

GOING THROUGH

THE FUCKING THREAD

I EXPECT A POST IN 5MINS ON WHAT YOUVE READ SO FAR

GO
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The meransiel lynch was *really* bad.

This is actually something that, looking back on, makes me feel worse about spyrex: he was a main pusher on that instead of hiraki, but he still said some stuff on hiraki.

Start of d2 looks bad on maxous, as he goes into lld immediately instead of hiraki, which feels to me like an attempt to start a counterwagon before it even begins. The day ends with him on the wagon, but it's only when the lld one is clearly not going to happen.

A similar comment can be made about spyrex,
especially considering
that spy practically outright begged for a vig on ant to the max yet completely ignored that playerslot. This ties into the whole "pointing things out but not going for them for the sake of looking good"

Seraphim is a late joiner to the meransiel wagon but was pushing for hiraki quite a while, which makes me feel like he's more likely to be town here: the consistency in this case feels more of a town tell than a scumtell.

Also relevant seraphim post that is :goodposting:

As a result, I by extension feel that forced to give a choice between three people it'd be spy/max/wrathchild.

The lld wagon was all kinds of bad, which makes me feel *slightly* less confident about seraphim but more confident on wrathchild-scum.

Not much to say on the hiplop wago except choo choo. (tho this post gives me a tingly "FAKE COMMENT FAKE COMMENT" vibe)

hiraki's vote here feels noteworthy but I'm not sure what to get out of it

Seraphim's right on maxous having coasted the entire game and I dn't get the feeling that it was him distancing, which makes me rather certain on sera-town, which in combination with fate-town and kuribo-town leaves max/spy/kdowns/wrathchild. Kdowns is role confirmed, but he's been actively spending all his time doing nothing, which makes his alignment heavily in question.

further evidence for sera-town

this kind of posting pops up as kinda townish for wrath but it's so *rare* that I just don't buy into it. It'd be like saying "you made one good post all game, you're town"

Town: fate/kuribo/me/seraphim

Null-leaning-scum: spyrex/kdowns

Scum: maxous/wrathchild
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

owat it took me twenty minutes to find all the quotes?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Fate »

10/10

Maxous and Kdowns, its your turn.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Do you have anything you disagree on, fate? I feel rather confident about my assessment of seraphim here, but I want to get your take as well.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Fate »

I remember those things now that you've pointed them out, and they make me feel a bit better about Sera in general.

Plus if this were a Sera+Spy scumteam that means they would've gone from "Lol Sera claim miller" to "lol imma claim hider behind you and WHEHEHEHEHHE NO ONE WILL KNOW"

which

meh.

But Wrath's cheeky "OH BUT UHHH IF SPYREX SET THIS WHOLE THING UP ID BE DAMNED PROUD WINK KAWINK" makes me wonder Wrath+Spy+Sera

which is very possible.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 5, Vote Count #9

Fate (0)
-
WrathChild (0)
-
RayFrost (0)
-
Maxous (3)
- SpyreX, kuribo, Seraphim
Seraphim (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
kuribo (0)
-
kdowns (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- RayFrost, Maxous, kdowns, Fate, WrathChild

8 votes available, 5 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is November 7, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1606, Fate wrote:But Wrath's cheeky "OH BUT UHHH IF SPYREX SET THIS WHOLE THING UP ID BE DAMNED PROUD WINK KAWINK" makes me wonder Wrath Spy Sera

remember in Modern Family when I mentioned that I thought gandalf was scum, but that I couldn't figure out who was scum with him? In the same post where I said I thought SpyreX was scum?

and gandalf posted a reply that was along the lines of "Exactly as planned?" cheeky as fuck.

god damn, my play in that game was bullshit in retrospect.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 am

Post by kdowns »

Mine will be up as early as tomorrow.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 1602, RayFrost wrote:Start of d2 looks bad on maxous, as he goes into lld immediately instead of hiraki, which feels to me like an attempt to start a counterwagon before it even begins.

Eh what?
Wrath Child was the counter-wagon if anything. You are accusing me of starting a LLD counter-wagon out of fear that Hiraki had 3 votes at the end of Day 1..instead of just voting my suspicion?

In post 1602, RayFrost wrote:
Seraphim is a late joiner to the meransiel wagon but was pushing for hiraki quite a while, which makes me feel like he's more likely to be town here: the consistency in this case feels more of a town tell than a scumtell.

Quote where Seraphim started pushing the Hiraki wagon for 'quite a while' if you don't mind.
iirc it was the middle of Day 2 when Magna had already busted Hiraki.

Looking for scum is coasting now?
...You have forced my hand.
Okay I guess but also easy to feign
ISO 77-92.. 2 maybe 3 relevant quotes to scumhunting.
LLD-Fate have that arguemnt or whatever, The response - this. Not Ant is scum, Ant is getting it too easy.
You don't want LLD lynched. Why? Why did you try nothing to prevent it?
Reaction to Seraphim wagon? Did you think Sera was scum or town or what..? idk.

Yeah, that is cruising. He sat back and watched the lynches unfold without agreeing with them or pushing alternatives.

I highly disagree since Sera was wagoning MOI at the time but I'm not gonna fight over this point.

Not even pretending to try to asses Fate and Kuribo.
Just calling them town.

In post 1602, RayFrost wrote:Scum: maxous/wrathchild

If I have understood this right, I am scum for cruising and WC is scum for rarely making town comments?

For what it is worth, answers are in red below Kuribo's comments..
Spoiler:
In post 1561, kuribo wrote:
In post 62, Maxous wrote:
dekes - 18 wrote: b) Why wait until your fourth post to claim miller?

Why does it matter that he done it in the fourth post rather than the first?

toasty - 52 wrote: Seraphim's role is so legit. Love watching that british let's play. Of course, he could just be a bad guy since the character's such a douche, but I believe his claim.

And why is his role so legit according to you?
seraphim - 60 wrote: Also I wanted to be one of the monsters to fuck with people's sanity,

...That would be awesome.

VOTE: Toasty

Why the hell did believing Seraphim's role warrant a vote from you on Toasty?
If I remember right, I thought Toasty was scum buddying to Seraphim with "so legit".
In my experience it is more often scum players rather than town players that go 'that miller claim is such town' etc.

In post 240, Maxous wrote:
In post 191, ToastyToast wrote: People may joke about something and actually mean what they say. If SpyreX had gone in and said "HEY GUSY IMMA LYNCH ALL UR TOWNIES," you would think 'he's got to be joking...' but you may end up voting him anyway because...who the F says that? 'Twas a similar statement with a similar response.

Well, I would'nt vote that person..
Joke is a joke.
Is there any instance before where you took a similar stance on a sarcastic/jokey comment?

anyways found2scum. Seraphim & Hiraki, they are focusing more on nothing to do with the game (IE: what other people r saying, scumhunting, looking4reads), they are solely interested in criticizing everything I say, and telling ME to do that stuff.

IE: Scum trying to look like content providing without providing content.

Fair enough..

*Hiraki responds*

In post 202, Maruchan wrote:@Hiraki,
you have been providing content
but serpahim for the past 5 pages has been nothing but HARPONMARUCHAN, so no, Seraphim has not been providing content. We get that he hates me and wants me lynched, now get on with the game and be productive and find my hypothetical scumbuddies.

So Hiraki has been providing content then..? Maru changed his story.

In post 221, Maruchan wrote:
In post 215, Seraphim wrote:Redemption, Maru. Can you smell it? Can you smell the flowers of forgiveness? I am not like some people who hold needless grudges. You'll notice I'm not voting for you again. Yes, I wagoned you to L-1, but given your play so far, can you say I didn't have a good reason to? I just want you to play the game and try hunting some scum, seeing as that's what you signed up to do, right?

Why not vote for RayFrost, especially if you're not going to use your vote anywhere else?

Hiraki: why not?

Yes I agree, you are not being as bad as Parama and are being willing to forgive,
and you had the right to vote me based on my play
, but my play has been based off of the early-game LOLLETZKILL MARU CUZ HE WORTHLESS attitude. Which is making it extremely difficult for me to do anything besides glare at this tab in my game tabs.

So Sera was also in the right to vote Maru based off his play..? So again, Maru changed his story from 'Sera is scum because he is only pretending to provide content.'

TL;DR: Maru did'nt
actually
think Sera and Hiraki were scummy when he said they were. He would of stuck with his accusations more if he did. He lied.

unvote,

VOTE: Maruchan

Oh, what have we here? Look at this guy right here, faithfully defending his godfather by going after Maruchan. Hell, he even points out Hiraki's defense for the town. Really good work, there, dude.
I don't care that Maruchan flipped town, he was a self-preserving liar - his 'suspicions' on Seraphim and Hiraki was complete bullshit. I was having a go at him.
And L.O.L. at any scum being afraid of Maruchan pushing a lynch.

In post 444, Maxous wrote:go for it,
unvote,

VOTE: Scott Brosius

And here he jumps onto a fresh bandwagon without ever having expressed any suspicion in this player whatsoever.
Meh, just because I did'nt say it did'nt mean I did'nt have any

In post 477, Maxous wrote:
In post 470, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:This doesn't endear me to you.

Not only is your claim nigh impossible (if a Global Roleblock EXISTS, it'd exist in a one shot form, which you didn't mention.)
but ALSO, the second quote is a blatant use of flavor spec to try and clear your name.

What is it going to take to lynch this slot already?

Geez, if you wanted it lynched so bad, why weren't you voting it? You hopped off the Maru wagon as soon as the Brosius wagon came along, but you kept up your attacks on Maru so that you could defend your precious godfather.
I voted for it but the wagon completely stalled at around 4-5 votes. I wanted to lynch that slot but I could hardly do it on my own.
The Scott Brosius wagon was comprimising

In post 537, Maxous wrote:There goes the Scott wagon -_-
Fine..

unvote,

VOTE: Merinsiel

But wait... you want Scott lynched, you want LLD lynched... yet you hop back onto the merinsiel wagon to put it at L-2? Have you no convictions, or were you looking for your easy mislynch?
I even say 'there goes the scott wagon'. Because people unvoted or switched at that time. Again, I can't lynch somebody on my own and the game was stalling so I helped along the Meransiel wagon. More compromise.
I'm not somebody that is going to stubbornly keep my vote on my no.1 suspect and let it rot there the entire day helping nobody. In fact, I tend to find that kind of behavious suspicious.

In post 598, Maxous wrote:
In post 588, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
If you can explain the dominant scum motivation for his ‘lie’ that benefits his wincon please do so. I’ve yet to see anything so far that does.

=> Maru thinks someone calls him scum and therefore he is likely to push for Maru lynch.
=> Maru sees an opportunity to call this person scum to discredit the suspicion, and deflect attention off of himself.
=> Assuming he is scum, benefits(improves chance of succeding) Maru's win condition by attempting to not get lynched.

Magna wrote:
I see not a peep directed at anyone who might pose a threat at actually firing back at you in a manner that might put you in danger.

Kay, fine.
Who should I be suspecting that will 'pose a threat to me'?

I agree that it appears RayFrost was just looking for an excuse to vote Hiraki.

How dare that son of a bitch vote your godfather!?
It was the way he voted Hiraki. If Ray is indeed scum that feeling I got makes sense, it was a buss

In post 606, Maxous wrote:
In post 602, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
The fatal flaw to this is the part where Maru later says he didn’t really suspect them, thus allowing you to say “Aha, lie”.
No reason for scum to do that as opposed to just going with the previous scum-call.

Assuming Maru scum, I would say the fact he was shown to be blatantly incorrect afterwards as a sufficent reason to backtrack.

magna wrote:
Meanwhile OMGUS (which is basically in a nutshell what you are slapping on him)

No, it is'nt.
Let's go through this again.
In post 199, Maruchan wrote:
anyways found2scum. Seraphim & Hiraki, they are focusing more on nothing to do with the game (IE: what other people r saying, scumhunting, looking4reads), they are solely interested in criticizing everything I say, and telling ME to do that stuff.
IE: Scum trying to look like content providing without providing content.

Hiraki responds: Yes I am
In post 202, Maruchan wrote:@Hiraki, you have been providing content <rest not relevant>

For Maru to simultaneously beleive that Hiraki
is not
providing content and beleive that Hiraki
is
providing content is not conceivable.

While I am at, i'm just going to point out Maruchan ignored the following:
In post 245, Maxous wrote:Maruchan - Why did you call Hiraki scum then?

Fighting Hiraki's battles for him and painting Maruchan / LLD as scum. Keep in mind that he "points out Maruchan ignoring the following" long after Maruchan has replaced out and can no longer answer for this.
ignored not ignoring.
I.E. past tense not present tense.

In post 689, Maxous wrote:@Seraphim: You missed the point.
But if you want to explain how I'm wrong - feel free.

@Wrathchild: 675
Are you implying you beleive kdowns to be scum?
Are you implying you beleive GreyICE to be scum?

@MOI: So.. your thoughts on WrathChild? I remember you had him as a scum read yesterday. No comment on him?

I have read Hiraki and see where the case on him is coming from. I still disagree he is scum.
Added to this I really don't like how RayFrost has jumped onto the wagon and since has given no opinion but 'hiraki scum'. And then I also remember how Ray attempted to buddy his entire 3 person wagon on Day 1.
I had Ray pencilled in as town early on, I'm gonna have to go back and remember why.

As for WC, I agree that 590 and 593 are weird. (I think that is what this is based on). I also don't like the swipes he is taking at his wagon.
On the flip side I still don't see a reason scum would claim a delayed miller. Plus the fact he even done a PbP/ISO

Oh, okay, so on Day 2, Hiraki still isn't scum?
Well he was hardly gonna magically become a scum read overnight.

In post 714, Maxous wrote:@WC: 691 - fair enough
694 - kdowns is fine. With GI.. I'm less sure. Your comments seemed to indicate a stronger attack but with no real commitment to it. You were reaction testing?

I'm willing to take egg on the face and agree about Hiraki.
unvote,

VOTE: Hiraki

Don't see the massive difference between what he did and what Maruchan did.

"okay, fine you guys, i'll vote my godfather, but LLD is still scum"
Dunno what to say...I thought they were both scum. And okay that quote was sniping at MOI a bit

In post 781, Maxous wrote:If there is a viable wagon going I would rather a Toasty lynch tbh.

"man, I wish we were lynching Toasty instead of the godfather."
If possible...yeah I would of lynched Toasty instead of Hiraki day 2
He looked real scum to me that day.

"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by kuribo »

that has to be the saddest, most piss-poor explanation for anything ever. You literally spent most of Day 1 defending him, and even still thinking he was town... and then bringing up later when it's time to bus.

You even thought Ray was bussing his Godfather... on Day 1? What the fuck ever.

can we please lynch this scumfuck now?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1610, Maxous wrote:You don't want LLD lynched. Why? Why did you try nothing to prevent it?

What? What the hell was he supposed to do to prevent it? He wasn't in her lynching party. MoI was hellbound and determined to see her run up, despite objections from Fate and I. Whether Ray tried to prevent it or not, Fate and I damn sure did, for all the good it wound up doing.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Null-leaning-scum: spyrex/kdowns

Scum: maxous/wrathchild

So assuming three either I'm scum throwing down powerbusses OR there's something mystically making my hide not work. (kinda like Max's roleblock lollsss comment in conjunction with "whats a hider" Wrath)

Remember what I said about backrubs Fate.

Remember it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh rite. You claimed hider.

Move yourself to scum then thanks.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, just so we're clear on this.

I, as scum, have cleared two town, called both my partners scum, and am running the double secret power bus for secret prizes.
Show

Proud member of BaM
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hrrrmm. Sounds about right, yeah.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 1609, kdowns wrote:Mine will be up as early as tomorrow.

oh as EARLY

as late as never

Cool shit

Vote: Maxous

Nothing more needs to be said, fuck it all

gg scum
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1615, SpyreX wrote:I, as scum, have cleared two town, called both my partners scum, and am running the double secret power bus for secret prizes.

You pointing this out makes it far more likely, you know.

Just sayin'. :colbert:

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If it wasn't in response to Ray's super tech lists, sure.
Show

Proud member of BaM
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by kuribo »

yeah, i know, i was just being a smartass

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by kuribo »

people forget that there comes a point where bussing doesn't make sense

it's stupid to assume that one scum suddenly decides from the get-go, "Yeah, I have the best chance of winning if I kill everyone off and go the distance alone"

i mean, i'm sure it's happened, but it's hardly the norm

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Fate »

I do it all the time.

There's nothing quite like that hollow feeling when you kill everyone that ever was loyal to you and stand alone at the top of the road you paved with death. Somehow, its the only way really...
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:56 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1622, Fate wrote:I do it all the time.

There's nothing quite like that hollow feeling when you kill everyone that ever was loyal to you and stand alone at the top of the road you paved with death. Somehow, its the only way really...

i kind figured you had done it before :)

but it's hardly the norm, as I say

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:27 am

Post by kdowns »

Going through ISO's of who is left in game

Started with Fate and this is bugging me.

In post 817, Fate wrote:I'm fine with lynching whoever today, I can always kill MoI later.

He has WAY too much pride to ever NK me as scum LOL

I'm basically bulletproof

Can you explain this please, and the fact the MoI Died that night, I know that this might be WIFOM but Explanation for this is required NOW!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”