Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:08 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

He's town for the same reason SodaSpirit was so obviously town.
New to the game/ VI Behavior =/= Scum.
We're five days into the game. Voting pattern and activity patterns are much better indicators of scum.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1177, Wraith wrote:
Votecount 5.1

MacDougall
(5)
:
Andrius, AGar,
MattP
EtherealCookie
, manho, Nero Cain, kdowns

Andrius
(2)
:
MacDougall
, Magua
Magua
(1)
:
EtherealCookie
Bogre
(1)
:
MacDougall

Not Voting
(3)
:
MattP, Bogre, vezokpiraka

With 12 alive it takes
to lynch.

MacDougall stands at
L-2

Deadline for today is
November 10, 2011

That was close, I almost put in a lynch scene. Good thing I reread in detail rather than just lynching him.

@Wraith- I am not listed, and I am not voting.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Wraith 2011-10-28 14:35:18 3 days 3 hours 56
MattP 2011-10-28 13:00:54 3 days 5 hours 42
Andrius 2011-10-28 02:25:54 3 days 15 hours 34
vezokpiraka 2011-10-27 14:37:19 4 days 3 hours

all need prods

manho is close to a prod
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Lol Wraith is the mod dude.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1200, EtherealCookie wrote:He's town for the same reason SodaSpirit was so obviously town.
New to the game/ VI Behavior =/= Scum.
We're five days into the game. Voting pattern and activity patterns are much better indicators of scum.

Behavior that is consistent with scum players and their ulterior motivations > voting patterns based off of two scum flips for separate factions.

Buuut if you're
soooo
set on voting patterns and activity patterns leading the way to finding scum, well then why aren't you analyzing votecounts or activity?

It'd be great if someone wanted to shoot EC or Magua tonight, as one of them is surefire scum as well.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Wraith »

Okay I'm very confused about the vote count discrepancies myself right now. Just wait until I get home later. Edit: just spotted the problem
Last edited by Wraith on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1203, MacDougall wrote:Lol Wraith is the mod dude.

i know
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Can you please lynch me town? I think that Agar is a good town player but for some reason my play is just wrecking his mind and preventing him from scum hunting well. I doubt anyone but me is going to get lynched anyway and the only way the remaining scum will get outed is upon my lynch. Personally I think that manho, bogre and MattP are definitely scum now. The three of them have been absurdly quiet for day 5 and have just allowed the Nero/Agar/Andrius mob to run roughshod over everyone who's dared speak against them. That being said, I'm better off gone, town or not.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no. Agar is right about EC too. I agree with you on Manho. Agar and I agree that you are scum.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Wraith »

Votecount 5.1 Hotfix

MacDougall
(5)
:
Andrius, AGar,
MattP
EtherealCookie

Andrius
(1)
:
MacDougall
, Magua
Magua
(1)
:
EtherealCookie
Bogre
(1)
:
MacDougall

Not Voting
(4)
:
MattP, Bogre, vezokpiraka, PeregrineV

With 12 alive it takes
to lynch.

MacDougall stands at
L-2

Deadline for today is
November 10, 2011

Sorry for the bit of an absence, I had a crazy weekend, some of which I don't remember. I made a mistake by not ticking down the counter of votes on Andrius after unvoting MacDougall, and thus forgot about Peregrine when thinking about who wasn't voting. Prods are being sent out to
MattP
vezokpiraka
, and
Andrius
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Andrius »

Andy here. I've got alot of catchup to do thanks to being sick all weekend (thank you Panda).

<3,

-A
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by MattP »

Sorry, got distracted by Halloween =/ Going out now but I will read up tomorrow.
SlappyKrust
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Buuut if you're soooo set on voting patterns and activity patterns leading the way to finding scum, well then why aren't you analyzing votecounts or activity?

Ehrm.
I have?
It's one of my reasons for voting Magua, buddy. Thanks for reading, though!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Can we lynch macdougall already?
Or do we wait for Agar to come with another suspect that scum want lynched?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Lol you haven't even voted for me yet.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Vezok just threw everything out of whack. Though Mac is right as long as he's in the game he'll just be a distraction but b4 you go...

What is you read on EC?

on Vezok?

on Borge?

On Magua?

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by MacDougall »

EC: Town
Vezok: Scum
Bogre: Scum
Magua: not sure, I wanna say town but I had a scum read on him before he started defending me, kind of reverse OMGUS lol.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:08 am

Post by manho »

Posting to avoid prod.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Andrius »

MacDougall wrote:Agar: OMGUS aside, he is probably town. He has posted bucketloads and his lack of tact could only be a vanilla townie.

Andrius: At least he is being helpful. Also probably town.

Which is funny since you've called both of us scum at least twice out of OMGUS or whatnot.
Hence why I said to be quiet for awhile AND THINK.

But your I DONT WANT TO BE LYNCHED is crap. Townies must accept that their lives must be called for in the defense of the kingdom. Townies must have no fear. You must stand strong for the kingdom. At the very least, stand with me and we cannot be defeated.

MacDougall wrote:Bogre: 11 posts. Read like his wincon is in opposition to towns imo.

And how praytell do you find that?
I admit I haven't paid much attention to him since he just doesn't post, but "his wincon is in opposition to town imo" reads like crap.

MacDougall wrote:Magua: Has no friends in this game, must be town.

No, I'm his friend, even if he hates me.
Just because I don't think he's town doesn't mean we're not friends.

Re: Your case on manho. Before today, manho appeared SIX times in your ISO, all in quotes from other people, and once as a scumread without having mentioned him before. The hypocrisy... it knows no bounds!

MacDougall wrote:vote Bogre cuz someone has to eventually right?

I can't tell if you're scum grasping for any lynch, or you're town who's been pushed past his limits, cannot think rationally, and thinks everyone besides strong town reads are scum. (Read: Me in Outwitted Mafia post-claim)

MacDougall wrote:Lol actually, no way! I'm at L-1 and you want me to stop posting and you're gonna go to sleep? Wtf is that all about?

You need time to calm down and compose your thoughts. Anger gets you nowhere, and Fear corrupts your vision.
I needed sleep, so sue me. :P

Peregrine wrote:

@Andrius- Sure, just as long as it's understood that I still have to agree with the vote choice before I actually vote them. And that I have my eye on some of the members, and null reads on others. As long as that's all clear, I'll join.

Of course. We're not wild sheep foaming at the mouth. But if we agree on a wagon then the bloc moves as one. B)

Bogre wrote:Anyways, I think that it's unlikely he was bussing given that he was the first on the wagon. Scum don't usually start a bus of their buddy unless it's a pre-empted gambit, and Empking's wagon developed late in the day and so doesn't seem like it was a planned bus.

This is true.
Though his play makes me want to GRRRR
If he's scum, he's not scum with Empking. Simple as that.

Peregrine wrote:

@Andrius- also, I got a little excited when I saw your colored vote count. However, it looks somewhat incomplete in terms of missing days and color coding confirmed alignments. Was that a work in progress or something else?

Kinda'. I only used votecounts from the days where scum were alive, mainly to see how they voted, to help solidify townreads by elimination via buddies' voting patterns.
I don't
think
I missed any colors. If I did feel free to name them and I'll correct them.
Definitely a WIP in terms of days, but at the moment the only ones that matter are when scum are alive.
All the D4 and on ones will only tell us how many dead townies voted live players. :/

In post 1183, manho wrote:
In post 1181, MacDougall wrote:
In post 41, manho wrote:i'm of house argelev and loyalist.

Does anybody else feel that Manho's original claim is now obviously a lie?

yes, that was fake. i'm the 4th Legion "Deathbringers".

i first thought i may be recruited to the mafia or 3rd-party, as i prefer to be anti-town if i can choose. so i hid my identity and claimed house argelev, thought it may help if i'm recruited. but i'm still town by now and someone brought it up, so i think it's time for me to claim it.

Man.
This claim is shit.
I'm sorry.
But, as town, you have NO REASON TO LIE.

So basically you're pulling another gandalf saying you get magicaly circumstances to pick/choose/switch sides.
I don't like it one bit, especially when gandalf died and flipped town leaving to clues as to the validity of his claim.
I'm tempted to lynch him just for the claim.

Also, the DEATHBRINGERS claim is LULZ.
YOU THINK YOUR LEGION IS IMPORTANT.

(For what its worth I can confirm the existance of the Deathbringers via flavor text in my PM, but- as he's said NUMEROUS times- it means next to nothing. I was waiting for someone to claim it.)

Also, manho claiming Argelev from D1 and not bring dead yet is odd.

In post 1197, AGar wrote:So wait... Why is MacDougall town? Because he claimed BR? Ummm.... For fucks sake will people start actually thinking? It's a hard null-tell.

What does BR stand for? :?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to reread the game.
But I'm strapped for time until Thursday after 11.
Catching up on-site is taking away from studytime so its a choice.

I CAN reread through the Night Phase but I'm not too keen on that at the moment. :/

If I can muster enough time tonight I'll do it
Scratch that I have a test tomorrow afternoon. :/
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 am

Post by MacDougall »

So what if I've called you scum. That's just another way of deducing whether you are is it not?

What do you mean my "I don't want to be lynched"... I literally asked you all to lynch me. U mad?

He reads in opposition to town because he simply hasn't scum hunted at all. He's done nothing. Played like he has his own game i.e scum.

By friends, I meant allies, obviously.

Why do I have to talk about someone to have a scum read on them? I read his ISO and deduced that he was scum... and that makes me a hypocrite? Again, u mad?

Bogre has coasted all game on 11 friggin' posts mate. I want to pressure him. Why are you so against this? Is he your scum buddy?

My wtf wasn't directed at your need for sleep. It was directed at your need for me to not post while you sleep. Again, u mad?

And after me having a scum read on manho and that being an issue, you now have a scum read on him.

You're trippin'. Buddy and are close to my scum list.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1207, MacDougall wrote:Can you please lynch me town? I think that Agar is a good town player but for some reason my play is just wrecking his mind and preventing him from scum hunting well. I doubt anyone but me is going to get lynched anyway and the only way the remaining scum will get outed is upon my lynch. Personally I think that manho, bogre and MattP are definitely scum now. The three of them have been absurdly quiet for day 5 and have just allowed the Nero/Agar/Andrius mob to run roughshod over everyone who's dared speak against them. That being said, I'm better off gone, town or not.

In post 1208, Nero Cain wrote:no. Agar is right about EC too. I agree with you on Manho. Agar and I agree that you are scum.

In post 1209, Wraith wrote:
Votecount 5.1 Hotfix

MacDougall
(5)
:
Andrius, AGar,
MattP
EtherealCookie

Andrius
(1)
:
MacDougall
, Magua
Magua
(1)
:
EtherealCookie
Bogre
(1)
:
MacDougall

Not Voting
(4)
:
MattP, Bogre, vezokpiraka, PeregrineV

With 12 alive it takes
to lynch.

MacDougall stands at
L-2

Deadline for today is
November 10, 2011

Sorry for the bit of an absence, I had a crazy weekend, some of which I don't remember. I made a mistake by not ticking down the counter of votes on Andrius after unvoting MacDougall, and thus forgot about Peregrine when thinking about who wasn't voting. Prods are being sent out to
MattP
vezokpiraka
, and
Andrius

@Nero- you said no to McDougall about him asking to be lynched, but your still voting him.

@Andrius- I'll go back and look, but I'm not sure the last two days worth of flips were shown. Maybe it was only Soda.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1046, Andrius wrote:
SCUM:
manho

Magua
MacDougall
Otolia

I've suspected him from read #1.
Thanks for another jab.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1165, MacDougall wrote:Pre-edit, I had written this before you wrote that but I'll leave it after this I suppose. Forgive me, I'm actually at L-1 now and I don't want to be lynched.

Agar: OMGUS aside, he is probably town. He has posted bucketloads and his lack of tact could only be a vanilla townie.

Andrius: At least he is being helpful. Also probably town.

Bogre: 11 posts. Read like his wincon is in opposition to towns imo.

EtherealCookie: Gotta be town. He is being fair and just and hasn't really shown favour to anybody.

Kdowns: If he wasn't confirmed town from day 1 then I'd be sure he was scum. Can I get a clarification on why he is town again?

Magua: Has no friends in this game, must be town.

Manho:

In post 1081, manho wrote:finally catch up. i've read all the post except that wall by andrius.

i think agar vs macdougall is town v town.

and soda is still scum. no idea about the others for now. will have a more detailed read later.

In post 1122, manho wrote:
vote: MacDougall

Aside from this, he reads similarly to Bogre, in that he doesn't seem to be doing any real scumhunting and is inclined to just coast on the work of others.

MattP: At first, he seemed to be in a similar situation to mine, but I now realise he has literally gone the easy lynch every time. Has been on all the wagons and is just coasting. Somehow squirms off the hook when confronted. Probscum.

Nero Cain: See above. Prob town, but has been coasting and could be scum.
PeregrineV: From my read, seems the most likely to have targeted Otolia for a kill. Has the most interactions with him and they are all oppositional. Probscum.

Vezok: Honestly, who knows. Flip a coin.

Wraith: Writes good flavour. Melikes.

That's my brain.

vote Bogre
cuz someone has to eventually right?

In post 1219, MacDougall wrote:So what if I've called you scum. That's just another way of deducing whether you are is it not?

What do you mean my "I don't want to be lynched"... I literally asked you all to lynch me. U mad?

He reads in opposition to town because he simply hasn't scum hunted at all. He's done nothing. Played like he has his own game i.e scum.

By friends, I meant allies, obviously.

Why do I have to talk about someone to have a scum read on them? I read his ISO and deduced that he was scum... and that makes me a hypocrite? Again, u mad?

Bogre has coasted all game on 11 friggin' posts mate. I want to pressure him. Why are you so against this? Is he your scum buddy?

My wtf wasn't directed at your need for sleep. It was directed at your need for me to not post while you sleep. Again, u mad?

And after me having a scum read on manho and that being an issue, you now have a scum read on him.

You're trippin'. Buddy and are close to my scum list.

So what's been done to change your read on me, especially since I had posted nearnil between the posts.
You're doing the heavily-suspected town and it DOES NOT help at all.
You have to realize when your ability to read players is kaput and compromised (confirmation bias) and take a step back.

I've promised a reread for fairness and to contemplate the new flips and information, etc.
You can at least take a break and step back for a second. Again, I was the same way before (Read: Outwitted Mafia, post-claim).
Hmmm
I'm wondering if a massclaim, at 12 players with most of the logical masons being dead and alot of dead power.
Perhaps tomorrow. We'll see.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1220, PeregrineV wrote:
@Nero- you said no to McDougall about him asking to be lynched, but your still voting him.

but at the end of that post I was still calling him scum so that's why I've voting him.

the "no" part was me disagreeing with him that town isn't scum hunting.

though Manho is pretty obviously scum. We should lynch him the next day.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

MattP
has informed me of limited activity during the coming one or two weeks.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”