pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:59 am

Post by pidgey »

WALL OF TEXT INCOMMING, SORRY BUT IT'S THE EASIEST WAY TO PROVIDE SOMETHING.

Hi, so one thing you should know about me is that im ESL (English second language). Still, I think I can manage pretty well. Just expect a couple of grammar mistakes and what not.
Also people at the forums I play are way much more reserved with their votes (I always leave my vote for like the last 20% of the day in those forums), even if the days are shorter (like 6 real life days). So that’s gonna be a little hard to get used to, but here we go!
Unlike some people, I really can’t use meta at all since I know none of you. So bleh. The style around this board is overall waaay different from other stuff I’ve played in. Anyway, I want to point out that I started writing this at about page 10 and kept adding lines. So I might go from “Guy looks scummy” at the beginning of paragraph to “Ok, he did this which does look town.” which I maybe read on page 20 at the end of paragraph

Equinox

Guy looks pretty townie to me right now. Good reasoning sometimes, brings fresh content into the table. There’s not really much here I can point out. Solid reasoning mostly. I agree with most of his content about Screaming Hawk, for example…. Except for the part when he suddenly believe he is town when SH explained about his vote thing early in the day.

Amrun

Im actually leaning a little bit into scummy here. IMO he tries to look helpful, but then he’s also asking a lot about previous experience. I’m not a fan of this. It feels to me like if he sometimes tries to poke for information and content, trying to make someone look bad a little bit each time.

Quilford

Gotta be honest, I have a lot of doubts here at the moment. But the fact that not many people have gone against Quil and the fact that he has played the game safely, mostly echoing other players, makes me feel unsafe. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was scum. When town players play it safe, they get called out a lot. When the scum does it, its hard for the town to point this out. They just look like active, not very aggressive town. Was also metaing me (Kondi) a lot. But so were other people… I still find quil scummy.

SleepyKrew

Throwing out a lot of questions at almost every move done in the game. Not really controlling the game or anything. Seems to be quite helpful, but then again scum would like to look exactly like he does. Asking a lot of questions and following them through. Dunno, kinda 50/50 here.

Nobody Special

Super bad logic. A lot of his posts are slightly scummy. But then again, he’s been put under pressure for a long time. Not sure about this, but I can see the case against him. The way he bandwaggoned hawk on page 13 is just so bad. But is all this just bad town or scum? Would probably vote for him but im more comfortable about others. I can see both sides of the coin though; A bad townie player with a couple of votes from the scum in there already, or a bad scum player with just votes for being bad.

bvoigt

Not much of a read here, to be honest. Not a lot of content, looks kind of townish since he hasn’t really gone to bandwagons and when he gives content its not as recycled as what others do.

DonJosh

Very puzzling behavior. Not sure what to think of here. He hasn’t been nowhere near as active as other members, but he hasn’t lached unto bandwagons and shit like that. Then again, he could just be playing dumb a bit.

Fruit Basket

Seems townish to me from what I read so far. Confronts stuff when it’s thrown at him. Nothing much stands out I dunno.

trekker

This guy looks as scum to me from what I read. However he’s getting replaced or something so not sure how to proceed here. His play has been really bad, his reasoning has been worse. Umm… Guy just comes in and says “These are the town… oh, and these are the scum!”. Cool buddy. Although I think that’s kind of a null tell. Gets into a lot of 1 on 1 conversation with people and just kind of ignores everything else until he comes back. Dunno, scummy. Would probably vote him if he wasn’t getting replaced. Might still vote him anyway!

fatlikepig

The guy gives me a town vibe so far. Although I don’t necessarily agree with some of the stuff that he’s been throwing around. He’s been helpful and pushing certain targets when he feels someone is scummy. I think he’s cool in my book for now.

ScreamingHawk

I think SH is I actually have no fkn clue. His first posts of the game are bothering, kinda. Like when he decides to go for a vote on Pig rather than Quil, that reasoning sucked. He also got a little offended when his name started appearing in votes at the beginning of the day, which I found suspicious. Still, when people began to question you about your unvote/vote thing early in the day, you kinda didn’t went into raging mode, you just went “haha yeah guys honest mistake” or something, which I find townish. Of course he had no big defense against this. It was a dumb honest mistake, town or scum, and people kinda latched into it. Seems to be you might be telling the truth at times, but why so scummy if you are town?

Cross_Pollination Twistedspoon

Cross pollination was playing a little bit too safe from what I could gather. Didn’t voiced many suspicions and threw out some votes here and there that were kind of safe. Not sure how I feel about this. A lot of people defended this guy, dunno why.
Now for twistedspoon he made a fkn big post which is gonna be hard to read… here we go… ok! That was a long read, gonna have to read more out of you to get any kind of idea though.

Ok im done and yeah I find a lot of people suspicious. Im just paranoid sometimes I guess.
Would not vote:
SleepyKrew
Fatlikepig
Bvoigt
Maybe Don Josh
Equinox

Would vote as of now:
Nobody Special
Amrun
Quilford
Treeker

For now im actually going to vote for Quilford. No one has called him out for some reason, yet his play is much weaker than a lot of other players. Not a lot of original content. Playing it safe. Etc.
##vote: Quilford
-----------------
Sup
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I agree rather well with pidgey's votable list. Quilford is a well-placed vote too
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Holy shit TS what happened to you?
Anyway TS, read on NS? It seemed pretty fence to me. Also a tl;dr would be nice.

Pidgey, NS is *this* close to being lynched. You can pursue Quil tomorrow. One of your suspects being close to lynch with Day clearly over, yet voting someone else does not help the town.
To be clear: quack
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by bvoigt »

TS, I self-voted as a reaction test, but no one bit.

In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:idgey, NS is *this* close to being lynched. You can pursue Quil tomorrow. One of your suspects being close to lynch with Day clearly over, yet voting someone else does not help the town.

I agree.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by pidgey »

Thing is I'm actually not sure if its the best vote right now. I'm not sure if the guy is just being a little trollish as town. If you go through his post history, its mostly very bad play, very bad logic, some very bad votes (Hawk, Equinox) and stuff like that. But would scum really be this obviously bad? We shouldn't just forgive him because he could be bad town, either. Just gotta have to think who's the best option to lynch.

To be honest, even if I do have SN in my vote list, it kinda is the least sure I am off (right there with Amrun) compared to the other 2. I would vote for him if there's no opinions of the other players and we are near deadline, but we still have some days to go and a replacement to get. (I think we have some days to go lol)
-----------------
Sup
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Morthas »

[J]
is replacing
trekker

Welcome [J] and thanks ~

Starting search for DonJosh's replacement.

Deadline will probably get extended depending on when I find DonJosh's replacement.
Capitalism, ho
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

More to come later.

On a brief skim through, many of Pidgey's reads are very fence-sitty.
Sproink!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Quilford »

Pidgey has arrived at his reads for all the wrong reasons.

More after I finish cramming.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:Holy shit TS what happened to you?

I realised that I had to play back to my best again. I've been in some terrible form recently and now I can sink my teeth into this game
In post 627, SleepyKrew wrote:
Anyway TS, read on NS? It seemed pretty fence to me. Also a tl;dr would be nice.

read my original spoiler file on NS and my response to kiwi's last post and you'll see the reason why I'm not voting NS at present
my meta tells me NS plays like this as town too anyways so...
In post 628, bvoigt wrote:TS, I self-voted as a reaction test, but no one bit.

did you feel it worked? What reactions were you hoping for?

~Screwtape
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Quilford »

oh ho ho

Pidgey replaced kondi?

oh ho ho
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

TS wrote:What would you say your area of expertise is in mafia pig? VCA? NK analysis?

Area of expertise? I don't think I've played enough Mafia to come to that sort of conclusion, but I like to think I ask the right questions.

As for NS calling people "obvscum", that could easily be scum overcompensating for the fact that they haven't given any reads earlier. It's an easy mistake to make, or at least so I think.

Pidgey wrote:But would scum really be this obviously bad?

Dat WIFOM. To answer your question though, yes, usually obvious scum is obviously scum.

Ignoring the possible "NS is being trolltown" WIFOM crap, and taking his posts at face value, how scummy do you think he is? More or less than Quil?

Also, expand upon your case on Quil. Can you cite a few posts that you feel are him "playing it safe"?

Thanks to you and [J] for replacing!
Sproink!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 635, fatlikepig wrote:
Dat WIFOM. To answer your question though, yes, usually obvious scum is obviously scum.

yeah, but with NS it's more likely town methinks. He gambles far more than he ususally dies d1 as scum in this game. I accept the play is poor but I don't see him being scum as well.
As for NS calling people "obvscum", that could easily be scum overcompensating for the fact that they haven't given any reads earlier. It's an easy mistake to make, or at least so I think.

then why not call some players obvtown rather than obvscum and make much needed friends rather than enemies?

if NS flips town I may be looking at you amigo#
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wowzers, just realised J replaced in. You might remember me from
that
newbie game :P
but as trekker too. :[
well you're going to have to convince me you're not scum first before we can scumhunt together again [J]

~Screwtape
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by pidgey »

In post 634, Quilford wrote:oh ho ho

Pidgey replaced kondi?

oh ho ho

??????????????

What does this even mean? You said kondi stopped being scummy a couple of posts ago due to SleepyKrew providing an example of his town play. You did that https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 8#p3551778 there.

TS wrote:

Ignoring the possible "NS is being trolltown" WIFOM crap, and taking his posts at face value, how scummy do you think he is? More or less than Quil?

Also, expand upon your case on Quil. Can you cite a few posts that you feel are him "playing it safe"?

Thanks to you and [J] for replacing!

I think that he is playing worse as a "Mafia gamer", but I think he is less scummy than quil, actually. I again want to say that NS is indeed scummy, he should probably defend himself or something because if he doesn't then he IS the correct lynch of the day. At worse we will be lynching unhelpful town. At best he is scum that has just given up a bit and doesn't want to out his buddies or something.

Some of his posts (quil) that i havent liked are here:
1.- The one I linked in this post with the one I quoted are kinda irking me, although I dont know what Quil meant with his "Oh ho ho".
2.- http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3526245 --- This looks to me as just trying to be helpful town. Doing a bunch of suspicions, but hasn't really backed them off in previous posts or in this one. (Iso post #14)
3.- http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3520404 ---- His number 3 post in the game and already wants to lynch kondi/me for some reason, which he didnt bother to check until SK kindly pointed it out at page 25.
4.- http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3535134 ---- A lot of fluff basically saying nothing about why he thinks those people he mention as town are town.
5.- Basically a bunch of little posts were every time he mentions SH, fatlikepig (he does give some little content with him), DonJosh he just does one liners that say "Scum". Why do you think they are scum?

So yeah, not liking Quil but will probably vote for NS if he continues with his evil ways of ignoring to post content. DOnt like treeker/J and a little less Amrun either.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by pidgey »

wow how did that quote ended up like that haha
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by pidgey »

Oh, im rereading and i think I actually missunderstood this shit and rereading some posts kondi isn't playing to his town meta according to Quil and SK? well whatever im town and dont even know kondi so
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by pidgey »

Wait WTF no scratch the last post. It was actually like i first said. Sorry its 3:20 AM in teh morning studied for a test for like 5 hours.
Quil thought kondi was scummy due to meta he didn't even had correctly. SK said otherwise. Quil changed his mind.

Want to see what Kondi meant with his "Ho ho ho" post about me.

Quil seems a bit like SH actually except without all the pressure from other players. Just calling out people town/scum without much else, kinda skating the game.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by pidgey »

"Quil seems a bit like
NS
actually except without all the pressure from other players. Just calling out people town/scum without much else, kinda skating the game."

omg im going to sleep now bye i need some neuron recharging
-----------------
Sup
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by J »

Heeeeeeeeeeyo! I'm J and I'll be joining this fun looking game it seems. I haven't read anything yet but I'll read it when I am not heading out the door for classes.

Uhm, the only name I recognize on the player list is TS but I doubt he remembers me since it has been months since I played on this site.

Anyways, I will try and have some posts up later.
User formerly known as [J].
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by Quilford »

shhhh pidgey it's alright

look

you should take a look at my past games as town
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:33 am

Post by J »

So I am currently reading the thread and I found a post I don't really like and I thought it would be a good hook into what I want to say.

In post 40, ScreamingHawk wrote:@Sleepy Yeah I was just blindly following, waiting for some content to come out. Ty for that.

I'm a little unsure on Equinoxs 'vote for the lurkers' tactic.
Can see they have all confirmed so either they are town and dont care day one, or mafia and no one has mentioned them so they are staying quiet.
In any case I think Eq's attempt for content is misplaced. May as well go for the people that are here.

Not liking what Basket has got going on there? Day1 lynch with no reasoning except wagon?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Basket

Please explain yourself

Nooo thank you to this post. I dislike it because the reasoning behind his trying to go after FB is weak and so is his attack on Eq. His wording of Eq's "voting for the lurkers tactic" was not at all what Eq was doing at the current time.

I like Eq/FB as of pg 2 but that's not really saying much. Nothing much else to say yet, still reading.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 am

Post by J »

In post 51, Fruit Basket wrote:
In post 49, SleepyKrew wrote:Can someone compare Equinoxtown vs. Equiscum for me? Please?

I can. Wait for a little while.

Your questions are kinda dumb, though.
(Also, if I wanted to reveal hydra heads I'd reveal them.)

Bolded Bingo here.

SK, I really don't get the point of your questions in the beginning of the game and seem to really just go nowhere at all. What did you hope to gain out of Eq/FB answering your questions? This post also has a quote from you asking for meta as a stationary reasoning for your Eq read which seems flippant. It's page 3 of the game and meta is a weak reason to substantiate things. This entire time you have been expressing suspicion on Eq but there is no vote or FoS to follow through with it.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 am

Post by J »

In post 144, SleepyKrew wrote:Screaming, you're scum for whatever I said when I first called you scum, plus your most recent post.
I don't like trekker's multi-post bonanza. It looks like someone trying to be helpful without being helpful.
NS is always defensive.
So who else besides me is actually taking this game seriously right now?

This reasoning is terrible...;_;

SK, you basically just said "Look what I said before and your most recent post at the moment." You don't specify where in that most recent post you found him scummy and doesn't do much of anything to help. You say you don't like my slot's multi-post bonanza but you don't question him nor ask how is it someone trying to be helpful without being helpful.

Is NS who is apparantly "always defensive" any different? There are different shades of defensiveness soooo if he is always defensive how is this helpful of giving a read on him?

The jab at all the other players who are actually putting in content but not answering you is a bit off-putting but *shrug* what do?

FoS: ScreamingHawk
FoS: SleepyKrew

At the current time, fine with their lynches. I'm trying to catch up fast but I may be gone for a while till after this post.

I'll also explain SH suspicion later too.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:53 am

Post by J »

[quote=Amrun]And NS wagon is crap because not one person voting him is doing it for any valid reason.[/quote]

Can you tell us what is a valid reason then? For what seems to be the wagon on NS at the moment, it seems to be substantiate against his lack of content with anything nor him doing much of anything to help move the game forward. At the time of this post, you say CP is worse yet I don't get how you can call him scum over NS.

So please tell me whaty ou find to be a valid reason to choose over those two candidates.
Fruit Basket
Fruit Basket
Goon
Fruit Basket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Fruit Basket »

In post 632, Quilford wrote:Pidgey has arrived at his reads for all the wrong reasons.

More after I finish cramming.

this is a bad post
Fruit Basket
Fruit Basket
Goon
Fruit Basket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Fruit Basket »

In post 643, Quilford wrote:you should take a look at my past games as town

^ don't do it, he's boring