Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Yeah, or they'll stay away from it because it's very obvious you're BP even to me.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hindu you better get explaining this power town read there.

Because see, when you are putting together roles the pieces normally at least make some sense. "I'm bulletproof unless I'm dead" is in no way, shape or form functionally different than "I'm bulletproof".

NOW, if the takeses-backses actually USED his ability and now he's not bulletproof it'd actually make sense.

I wasn't planning on taking those organs but when the response to my question is "What you gonna do about it Image" you damn well know I'm more than happy to remind that, more than anyone else, I can do something about it. Image

IN MY DEEPEST OF ROLE FISHING DREAMS I WOULD LOVE SOMEONE TO USE SOME KIND OF ABILITY TODAY THAT ILLICITS A DIRECT RESPONSE FROM THE MOD IN FLAVOR/VC WHATEVER TO PROVE THIS TO BE A VERY POORLY THOUGHTOUT LIE.

But that's not happening sooooo I'm going to bed.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by kuribo »

these roles are giving me a headache
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Pine »

It's theme park, what do you expect?

For seriously fucked-up roles (and a really fun game) go find Cthulhufish Mafia.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by kuribo »

pine, from the signup thread:

Max wrote:
- The game is not power heavy. The emphasis is on the way the day game is played.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Pine »

Point. I tend to skim OPs, only really looking for unusual rules.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I had the read since D1. I doubted it at some point but then I looked back, remembered I had it earlier than that doubt, and then later D1 made it better. And now D2 has made it better than that. It's not just the claim because the claim fails and I never really care about those things. It's about all the other things pertaining to the claim that make the read better. I don't know. Pine does these really small scummy things that give you doubt in the back of your head and then does town things that make them go away.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Pine »

Really, if you're ever in a game with me and you're absolutely positive I'm Town because I've done no scummy things, vote me immediately. My scum play is pretty seamless and calculated, I tend to be sloppy and brash as Town.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1257, Pine wrote:Really, if you're ever in a game with me and you're absolutely positive I'm Town because I've done no scummy things, vote me immediately. My scum play is pretty seamless and calculated, I tend to be sloppy and brash as Town.

you bragging about your scum play being so awesome does nothing to make anyone think you're town

"LOOK AT ME, I'M SO SLOPPY, I COULDNT POSSIBLY BE SCUM BECAUSE IF I WERE SCUM I'D BE BRILLIANT"

how do you even think that's a convincing argument and why do you keep trotting it out?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1249, Pine wrote:Actually, this line of questioning is producing a level of ambiguity regarding my bulletproof status that I quite like. It might just result in scum trying and failing to roll a Will save to disbelieve, and us getting a free no-kill out of it.

this is patently ridiculous and almost never happens btw

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by kuribo »

either way, you're an idiot but probably not scum

see, guys, i mentioned somewhere in the previous 50 pages that i had had an epiphany about my play. and i'll share that with you:

my biggest problem when i hunt scum is that i sometimes confuse idiocy for scumminess

it's my own fault, really, for assuming that people will play to their maximum potential instead of just vomiting tardjuice all over the thread. oh, they break out their dumbbutt arguments and craplogic, and sure, it nets me scum. but it also nets me my fair share of idiots.

my other problem is that sometimes i get so wrapped up in arguing with these idiots that i forget that they might just be really, really stupid town

pine isn't scum, he's just an idiot

Unvote

chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by chunkykev »

In post 1235, xRECKONERx wrote:chunkykev is town because SocioPath died and he didn't notice

There is plenty in my day 1 play that shows I am working in the interests of town and you should think I am probably town because of that, but definitely not certain. But this reason is poor. Yes, I forgot it was Socio that was killed when doing that post, but there is nothing to say that I didn't do that deliberately. Only I know it was a genuine mistake and anyone else must be aware of the possibility that it could be a deliberate mistake to look town.

---

In post 1242, Kublai Khan wrote:UNVOTE: xRECKONERxVOTE: chunkykev

You know I'm not going to be here to defend myself as I'm going on holiday for a week today, yet you feel the need to put a vote on me. Why would you attack someone that can't defend themselves? You should know I am on holiday from today, and you had no way of knowing if I would be posting again. I just don't know if it's scummy or silly, but I do have major worries about you, Khan.

---

In post 1258, kuribo wrote:you bragging about your scum play being so awesome does nothing to make anyone think you're town

Totally agree and is beginning to look very forced from Pine.

---

In post 1260, kuribo wrote:my biggest problem when i hunt scum is that i sometimes confuse idiocy for scumminess

It's a very common thing to be guilty of, and is very hard not to do, especially if there are poor players in the game. What you must be careful of is not to go the other way though. Don't start thinking someone is being so stupid that they can't be scum, as I've seen that happen in games on another site.

---

This is my last post before I get on a plane! :)

I’ll keep my vote on Pine just now as still very uncomfortable with the claim and his recent play. My next choice would be Shattered, who is V/LA for a bit, so when he is back, question him hard regarding his decision to put SA back on L-1 with no good reason. I’ve been uncomfortable with Shattered’s lurking and unhelpful play throughout day 1, and this has done nothing to make me thing his intentions are town.

Happy scumhunting while I’m on holiday! :)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Will catch up today.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1261, chunkykev wrote:
In post 1235, xRECKONERx wrote:chunkykev is town because SocioPath died and he didn't notice

There is plenty in my day 1 play that shows I am working in the interests of town

what?

no, there isn't

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1261, chunkykev wrote:You know I'm not going to be here to defend myself as I'm going on holiday for a week today, yet you feel the need to put a vote on me. Why would you attack someone that can't defend themselves? You should know I am on holiday from today, and you had no way of knowing if I would be posting again. I just don't know if it's scummy or silly, but I do have major worries about you, Khan.

not being here doesn't make you town

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1261, chunkykev wrote:My next choice would be Shattered, who is V/LA for a bit, so when he is back, question him hard regarding his decision to put SA back on L-1 with no good reason.

Then why didn't you unvote when SA was at L-1? You were on that wagon, too dude.

chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by chunkykev »

In post 1265, kuribo wrote:
In post 1261, chunkykev wrote:My next choice would be Shattered, who is V/LA for a bit, so when he is back, question him hard regarding his decision to put SA back on L-1 with no good reason.

Then why didn't you unvote when SA was at L-1? You were on that wagon, too dude.

On phone waiting on lift so you haw my company for another few minutes.

I did unvote when he was at L-1! That is my full point. I unvoted so I had time to review what he had said before deciding to put my vote back on him or not. Shattered then put him back on L-1 with no explanation.
chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by chunkykev »

In post 1134, chunkykev wrote:UNVOTE: Sleepless Assassin

Didn't realise he was so close, and I'm going out to work - won't be back until tomorrow afternoon my time and would rather have a good read of what he's said before he's finally lynched. I may well revote him then if I'm still happy to see him lynched.
chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by chunkykev »

In post 1136, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
In post 1101, kuribo wrote:no, i totally do for the right price

What's your price, big boy?

Also, I think it's time for a vote-change:

unvote

Vote: Sleepless Assassin
chunkykev
chunkykev
Goon
chunkykev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by chunkykev »

In post 1264, kuribo wrote:
In post 1261, chunkykev wrote:You know I'm not going to be here to defend myself as I'm going on holiday for a week today, yet you feel the need to put a vote on me. Why would you attack someone that can't defend themselves? You should know I am on holiday from today, and you had no way of knowing if I would be posting again. I just don't know if it's scummy or silly, but I do have major worries about you, Khan.

not being here doesn't make you town

Totally true. I never said he shouldn't vote me because I am town, I am questioning why he would vote someone now who he wouldn't expect a response from in over a week.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1266, chunkykev wrote:I did unvote when he was at L-1!

huh, i'll be danged

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Zdenek »

KK wrote:
Again, nice spin. Are you going to provide an example of me doing this as scum? Because meta seems to be the basis of your case.

I brought that up with Pine because Pine was engaging in "Gotcha!" scum-hunting. Which is bullshit scum-hunting. Especially when it's way past the RVS stage.

I'll ask for a detailed explanation on someone's voting reasons when I either have no clue or if I'm checking if they have townie logic. Now, I've asked you twice to explain why you think I'm scum, but you've dodged twice. You want to make it a trifecta?

You're scum because you are saying disingenuous things that I don't think you believe.

I don't need to go through and find examples of you doing that in other games to know that you are doing it here. It's scummy independently of your meta.

So "Gotcha" scum hunting is only acceptable in the RVS? You don't believe in scum slips?

KK wrote:

By itself, none. In conjunction with other tells, I don't know... 17? 18? Do you care about the answer, or are you just deflecting?

Of course I care. Searching through your past posts, you haven't used the word unfocused before now.

Pine is scummy now. Going from I'm going to empower spyrex to let's lynch a claimed vig is nonsense. Elvis Knits points this out.

So by sacrificing Pine we get two lynches in a row? And he's bullet proof before then. I'm pretty sure we have to test this claim fairly soon, but there are ways we can do it that will really benefit town, so I don't think he should do it today, unless something comes up.

I don't object to Ellibereth being organized.

KK wrote:
I'm a little torn on Pine. On one hand, scum-Pine wouldn't say something as stupid as this:
Pine wrote:
I think that's a big scumslip there. He's calling the cult leader "Great Leader" instead of "our Misled Leader". By flavor, he's still in the cult. BOOM, headshot.

Wait, how is that post by Pine not gotcha scum hunting? 'Cause it sure looks like it,

KK wrote:
So I'm going to STRONGLY ENCOURAGE that Pine sacrifices himself today.

Why no vote?

Vote Kublai Khan
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:05 am

Post by kuribo »

also pine loses points for that whole "lol scum will try to test it" because not only will they probably not, but if he is scum, all he has to do is no-kill for the "lawl I am confirmed"

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

my biggest problem when i hunt scum is that i sometimes confuse idiocy for scumminess

See sig.

I'm really curious what Pine expected to happen with sacrificing himself at lylo too fyi
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Max »

Kuribo: Power Heavy doesn't means "sans quirky or unusual roles" - it does mean that there is limited power. Also, the one thing I *can* comment on is the Ellibereth thing and that is certainly centred round the day.

Vote Count 2

Rhinox (3): Elvis_knits, Pine, xRECKONERx
Pine (3): chunkykev, Hoppster, SpyreX

chunkykev (1): Kublai Khan
SpyreX (1): Fate
Kublai Khan (1): Zdenek

19 Alive, 10 To Lynch

Prodding Many Players

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”