NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by funkybike1 »

In post 420, Hiraki wrote:
In post 418, iamausername wrote:I totally agree that it would be nice if Beck would shut the fuck up, but he's not scum.
You don't think Revenus was displaying any types of emotions?

In post 657, Hiraki wrote:
Pine wrote:
And if you ARE "that good," then you have reasons for your accusations. I'm asking that you actually share them with we mere mortals, so we can understand your so-called brilliance.
This was my main point as I looked over Shattered Viewpoint.

You're a fake. Only good people can flaunt about their good abilities.

You don't have these abilities, so stop trying to think you have them.

In post 668, Hiraki wrote:I disagree.

I speak when I want to speak.

My "trolling" has some key points in it too.

so go figure

Would scum say this?
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Pine »

Yes.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Pine »

Also, you're WIFOMing WIFOM. Nicely scummed.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by funkybike1 »

Nicely towned?
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by bvoigt »

In post 2084, Revenus wrote:ROFL

Pine, the only people who speculate on where two scum kills came from and say it's two scum team are scum

Vote:Pine

Bzzzdt. If there are in fact two scumteams, it's an important thing for town to know.

I see the funkybike thing ad nothing more than a disagreement.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by bvoigt »

*as, not ad.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2124, Pine wrote:
In post 2118, ThAdmiral wrote:
Vote: funkybike

I feel really good about this. Enough to put Revenus on hold.

Encouraging :roll:

Do you think funky had a townread or a scumread on Hiraki? If he had a scumread on Hiraki he wouldn't have those quotes at his fingerprints, the lazy player he is. If he had a townread, then I don't see how he would regard Hiraki as an "easy mislynch". You seem to be going two ways about this. (I'll avoid using the C word and D word because I'm sick of it).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Pine »

I don't see the dissonance. I think funkybike is scum. Often the scum night discussion revolves around who to kill and who not to kill; scum don't want to go after anyone too obvious for fear of a Watcher. They don't want to kill anyone too lurky, because it doesn't eliminate a threat. They DO want to kill people like Mastin, who are a great threat and haven't yet said their piece (Mastin is particularly dangerous when he progresses, and gets more so as the game progresses). And they definitely don't want to kill people that look scummy, like Hiraki, because they can be set up for mislynches later.

This is why I think Funky might be scum. Funky's team discussed Hiraki, but decided he was a bad target. That put him in a "why would he be NKed?" mindset. Once he'd stated that, he had to backtrack and call Hiraki's D1 performance Towny, which is ridiculous.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1020, funkybike1 wrote:
In post 657, Hiraki wrote:
Pine wrote:
And if you ARE "that good," then you have reasons for your accusations. I'm asking that you actually share them with we mere mortals, so we can understand your so-called brilliance.
This was my main point as I looked over Shattered Viewpoint.

You're a fake. Only good people can flaunt about their good abilities.

You don't have these abilities, so stop trying to think you have them.

Looking back on this post, I'm not so sure about Hiraki being town. (Also, Beck has 250 posts now.)

In post 1713, funkybike1 wrote:
In post 1712, Revenus wrote:BTW, Hiraki is scum.

Could you give a reason for that?

This is all funky had to say about Hiraki on D1. Noncommittal, and it doesn't even remotely set up the hard defense we're seeing now. Funky's exaltation of Hiraki today is fabricated. If Funky had actually felt Hiraki was super-Town, he'd have said so at the end of the day when we'd narrowed the lynch down to a group of three that included Hiraki.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 2095, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 2093, vijay2vasandani wrote:Sorry ThAd I must have missed some stuff. Which wagons did he miss again?

Slandaar for one.

Um maybe that was because he was already on another one? Like mine?
In post 2099, funkybike1 wrote:"Looks like two vig shots" my ass. To me, it looks like scum killed Hiraki and vig killed Mastin.

PEdit: Zdenek makes sense, but it's not enough justification for a wagon.
PEdit 2: Yeah, toxic needs to talk.

I thought it would have been the other way around.

Anyway, to those that said 2000-something was my first original post on SH, I suggest you read my large post with reads on everybody. I have already expressed my suspicion of SH, even going as far as to vote him on Day 1. Also, I included him on my list for Pine, when nobody else did. I believe it was pops who said that it wasn't original or something.
coming back after a 3 year break.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2132, Pine wrote:I don't see the dissonance. I think funkybike is scum. Often the scum night discussion revolves around who to kill and who not to kill; scum don't want to go after anyone too obvious for fear of a Watcher. They don't want to kill anyone too lurky, because it doesn't eliminate a threat. They DO want to kill people like Mastin, who are a great threat and haven't yet said their piece (Mastin is particularly dangerous when he progresses, and gets more so as the game progresses). And they definitely don't want to kill people that look scummy, like Hiraki, because they can be set up for mislynches later.

This is why I think Funky might be scum. Funky's team discussed Hiraki, but decided he was a bad target. That put him in a "why would he be NKed?" mindset. Once he'd stated that, he had to backtrack and call Hiraki's D1 performance Towny, which is ridiculous.

You've said you think there are two scumteams though, but you keep using single scumteam kill logic to nail down why funky must have somehow been considering a Hiraki kill. That he didn't do. Because the vig is the one that actually did so, or the other scumteam, which is smarter than his team or dumber than his team one of the two.

See it's so dissonant I can't really follow it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Pine »

Funky is the one that thinks there's only one scumteam, and I'm not sure. Besides, the quoted works just as fine if there are two teams. It's about analyzing Funky's motives, not about who actually took which shots. They're entirely separate issues.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The analysis of his motives is nonsensical if it was scum shooting at eachother. It's not separate at all
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Pine »

Of course it's still relevant. Scum may not know who they're shooting at, and they may also not be shooting at the other team.

What
is
relevant is that Funky didn't see Hiraki as a sensible night kill. This doesn't make sense as Town, period. Let's consider the other options:

Funky is Town:
Hiraki had been absolute garbage D1, so Funky's later protestations about him being obvtown ring hollow, especially considering Funky's failure to support Hiraki at the end of D1. Funky is not Town.
Funky is scum, believes there are two scum teams:
Funky sees Hiraki as scummy, but decides not to shoot for whatever reason. This is the weakest scenario.
Funky is scum, believes there is one scum team:
This is the condition my theory really operates under. Funky and his team know Hiraki is just scummy Town, and discard him out of hand as a possible NK. It does not occur to Funky at first that he would be a good vig shot, and has to backtrack by absurdly calling Hiraki obvtown.
Funky is SK:
Serial Killer has to eliminate both scum and Town, but also has to avoid notice. An SK, especially in the early nights, only shoots at targets that are not obvious and are unlikely to be Watched, Tracked, etc. Hiraki was in the spotlight, making him a poor target.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2138, Pine wrote:
Funky is Town:
Hiraki had been absolute garbage D1, so Funky's later protestations about him being obvtown ring hollow, especially considering Funky's failure to support Hiraki at the end of D1. Funky is not Town.

That would be Funky's first failure to engage in protown activity the entire game MIRITE
"Well, I..."
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Maxous »

^
?
Hiraki would of been a good shot as a SK. Hiraki was never going to be watched, much better targets.
aaaand if Funky is scum in a 2-scum team game he would very likely know it.

@Zdenek: I would'nt use the term 'no sense' buuuuut I
do
agree that Vel's instant defence of SH is supicious, particulary when he has'nt defended anyone else and
in fact
tried to push a soda
mis
lynch through for very similar reasoning.

In post 2125, funkybike1 wrote:Would scum say this?

Your opinion of Hiraki =/= the game's opinion of Hiraki.
Hell, Revenus constantly called Hiraki scum and you think a Revunus vig would'nt shoot Hiraki???
I think Pine is exagerrating the scuminess of this but....it's rather weird.
Thing is I do agree with:
In post 2133, Pine wrote: If Funky had actually felt Hiraki was super-Town, he'd have said so at the end of the day when we'd narrowed the lynch down to a group of three that included Hiraki.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Pine »

Mrrh. Rereading my case on Funky, I may be falling victim to some confirmation bias in pushing it so hard. I still think it's solid, though not as fanatically as I did. Meh, need sleep.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:39 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 2133, Pine wrote:If Funky had actually felt Hiraki was super-Town, he'd have said so at the end of the day when we'd narrowed the lynch down to a group of three that included Hiraki.

Funky is not exactly a player who's vocal and full of explanations.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 am

In post 2142, bvoigt wrote:
In post 2133, Pine wrote:If Funky had actually felt Hiraki was super-Town, he'd have said so at the end of the day when we'd narrowed the lynch down to a group of three that included Hiraki.

Funky is not exactly a player who's vocal and full of explanations.

Yeah but still, if you think somebody is absolutely town as he suggested today, he would have said something.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:14 am

Post by bvoigt »

He didn't give a single townread on D1 (unless you count himself).
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:17 am

Post by theamatuer »

He didn't give much of anything else either, except for a fake vig claim that has everyone going off him.
Its just whatever
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Maxous »

Hold on. I knew Funkybike jokingly claimed vig earlier.
However, I did'nt realise he claimed it during a 6-vote wagon on him with no real counter wagon.

Looking through the ISO...nothing. The only explained vote is:
In post 359, funkybike1 wrote:VOTE: Zel1nk. In no way are you obvtown, yet you keep insisting you are. Unless you can provide a very good reason, you WILL be lynched for it.

And that is a vote that indicates he does'nt think Zel is scum just annoying.
Or more likely scum going - he said something derpy let's just park my vote here over the span of nearly 300 posts.

In post 636, funkybike1 wrote:Also, I fully support the notion that I am newb town.

Lynch him.

VOTE: Funkybike1
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Beck »

getting ready to go on v/la

still disgaree with funky lynch, pine is looking good for scum but that is just skimming the past few pages. you shoud be happy, I won't be posting again til Thursday or Friday.

can't remember if I did this but

V/LA til Thursday

won a trip to the country music awards, leaving tonight plus it's my son's party today.

have fun.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Sorry I won't be around much this week guys. I have final exams Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'll try and keep up with reading the thread but you won't see much posting out of me until after Saturday.
V / LA til Saturday

Sorry it's such a long one, don't mind being temp replaced if needed.

In the mean time I'm interested to see if this case on funky goes anywhere.
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 pm

In post 2146, Maxous wrote:Hold on. I knew Funkybike jokingly claimed vig earlier.
However, I did'nt realise he claimed it during a 6-vote wagon on him with no real counter wagon.

Looking through the ISO...nothing. The only explained vote is:
In post 359, funkybike1 wrote:VOTE: Zel1nk. In no way are you obvtown, yet you keep insisting you are. Unless you can provide a very good reason, you WILL be lynched for it.

And that is a vote that indicates he does'nt think Zel is scum just annoying.
Or more likely scum going - he said something derpy let's just park my vote here over the span of nearly 300 posts.

In post 636, funkybike1 wrote:Also, I fully support the notion that I am newb town.

Lynch him.

VOTE: Funkybike1

Max, I think this was part of the reason he was wagoned day1 in the first place. However people seemed to reach the conclusion that it was too scummy to be maf, or something like that.

Anyway what do you think about SH? Imo he reads like a more active funky so I'm wondering why you didn't consider him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”