FourseenCircumstance
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by FourseenCircumstance »

Are they announcing their cycling abilities or their passive abilities, hrmm.....
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Kdub »

Are people not reading my claim properly on purpose? From now on, anybody who goes "OMG SHOOT NOW! SHOOT RIGHT NOW!" is going to be assumed to have some underlying (read: non-town) motive for wanting to speed this up. Additionally, anybody who wants to attack me for my handling of the day vig had better be doing so because they think it makes me scummy. Anybody who wants to criticize me just for the sake of disagreement on strategy is blowing hot air. I've handled it the way I think best, I'll debate the merits of it with you postgame.

As for nopoint's claim, I'm inclined to agree with Toog. It's a marginal town ability but a useful scum power. I have no qualms with shooting nopoint based on the claim, but I'll wait another day or so to let other people weigh in.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x22 ::

Stringer Bell (7) -
MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV, EtherealCookie, FourseenCircumstance, Bunnylover, RedCoyote, Furcolow

nopointinactingup (4) -
DrippingGoofball, Magister Ludi, Toogeloo, implosion

Junpei (3) -
SlySly, springlullaby, Ghostlin

FourseenCircumstance (2) -
Junpei, Sinestro

Furcolow (2) -
Stringer Bell, Drunken Piper

Magister Ludi (1) -
nopointinactingup

Toogeloo (1) -
warriormode

RedCoyote (1) -
wazzatron

Not Voting (4) -
whispersilk, Kdub, chkflip, projectmatt

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2011-11-08 23:07:02).
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Junpei »

I think it was right to claim dayvig this late. If Kdub is town, it catches scum way off guard.

I don't understand nopoints' claim, could someone clarify it for me?

Fourseen has to die this gameday.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Junpei 705 wrote:We have two lynches where the VC is clear. None of this "well... i'll settle..." business. Who is your favorite person to die?

FC, Toogeloo, or chkflip (diddin), but probably FC.

But I don't really have a say in what Kdub decides to do. I mean, if he wants my input, by all means let him use it, but it's ultimately his call and he needs to appreciate that.

You pick your battles, Junpei. Your candidate didn't win today (notwithstanding Kdub's decision). Hopefully you'll live to fight tomorrow and take whatever new information you have and process it all over again.

---

@DrunkenPiper: The last game had a scumteam of six.

---

Kdub 711 wrote:should be focused on why his claim is likely false

Why would it be likely false? I think it's likely he
does
have that ability.

That has no bearing on his alignment.

Also, Kdub, I just realized there was a caveat on the Vig ability in the first game. Did you have to mention your power in the thread in order to use it?

Additionally, I'm not going to really jump down your throat for announcing other than to say I'm politically against that approach. I mean, you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube, so there's no sense to go on about it. I think you're townie enough that I don't think I'll have an issue with your shot.

---

nopoint 721 wrote:If Kdub shoots me, chances are he's scum with ML.

:roll:
Stringer Bell
Stringer Bell
Goon
Stringer Bell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Stringer Bell »

In post 724, Toogeloo wrote:

Has Stringer explicitly stated that the Hider dies if it hides behind scum? Are we sure that it's not a Universal Hider that can hide behind anyone, because that doesn't confirm anyone.

Anyone who targets me with an action, that action will fail. If I hide behind someone who is not Eruci (which I guess includes the SK, if there is one like last game), then I die.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 729, RedCoyote wrote:
Kdub 711 wrote:should be focused on why his claim is likely false

Why would it be likely false? I think it's likely he
does
have that ability.

That has no bearing on his alignment.

Also, Kdub, I just realized there was a caveat on the Vig ability in the first game. Did you have to mention your power in the thread in order to use it?

I take your point on SB's ability, but that doesn't address the slip. I pointed out that you said that you wanted to kill SB to prevent having another player reveal their ability to the scum. The implication is that the scum didn't know SB's ability before he claimed it, therefore you made that statement as if you knew SB wasn't scum. Can you address that part?

No I do not have to mention my power in the thread to use it. The shot must be made in the game thread though.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 728, Junpei wrote:I don't understand nopoints' claim, could someone clarify it for me?

My understanding is that he targets someone at night and prevents a player from cycling their ability that same night.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

In post 721, nopointinactingup wrote:I have overflow (2 shot cycling freezer).

This sounds like a scum ability in my opinion as it allows for scum to circumvent the poisoning and keep an ability on themselves for 2 Nights.

There's no such thing as a scum ability. The abilities are passed randomly.

In post 723, FourseenCircumstance wrote:Nopoint presents no case on me, It is quite a pointlless argument with him,

In post 380, nopointinactingup wrote:
First of all, Fourseen could either be "agressive" or "analytical" but he was neither
Second, Fourseen wants an "informational" lynch on Crypto then failed to explained why it is informational
Third, Fourseen backtracked.

In post 726, Kdub wrote:Are people not reading my claim properly on purpose? From now on, anybody who goes "OMG SHOOT NOW! SHOOT RIGHT NOW!" is going to be assumed to have some underlying (read: non-town) motive for wanting to speed this up. Additionally, anybody who wants to attack me for my handling of the day vig had better be doing so because they think it makes me scummy. Anybody who wants to criticize me just for the sake of disagreement on strategy is blowing hot air. I've handled it the way I think best, I'll debate the merits of it with you postgame.

As for nopoint's claim, I'm inclined to agree with Toog. It's a marginal town ability but a useful scum power. I have no qualms with shooting nopoint based on the claim, but I'll wait another day or so to let other people weigh in.

I want to speed it up because I want to have a chance for Magister Ludi's lynch. And so you think I would claim a anti-town ability if I'm scum?

In post 730, Stringer Bell wrote:

Has Stringer explicitly stated that the Hider dies if it hides behind scum? Are we sure that it's not a Universal Hider that can hide behind anyone, because that doesn't confirm anyone.

Anyone who targets me with an action, that action will fail. If I hide behind someone who is not Eruci (which I guess includes the SK, if there is one like last game), then I die.

I actually have a problem with this. It makes no sense if the ability was passed to a a scum
Justice will prevail
\m/
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Furcolow »

NPAU
pass your ability to me
and ill pass mine to you
deal?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 733, nopointinactingup wrote:I want to speed it up because I want to have a chance for Magister Ludi's lynch.

...OK, you still haven't read my claim properly.
It doesn't matter when I shoot because we are under 72 hours, as long as it is before the deadline.
In fact, to maximize time for discussion, it is actually better if I wait until the very last minute (which I won't do).

And so you think I would claim a anti-town ability if I'm scum?

I think you would probably claim your actual ability either way, especially given our plan for claiming at the start of each day.

In post 730, Stringer Bell wrote:

I actually have a problem with this. It makes no sense if the ability was passed to a a scum

Hmm...this is a decent point. I guess if it's real and scum were to get it, they would effectively become bulletproof for the night (since they wouldn't hide behind a buddy), unless they hide behind scum on a different team or behind someone who gets vigged. Again, SB probably is claiming his real ability or else he'll get exposed on future days. Is it a power that scum is likely to start with? I'm not sure because it relies on guessing the setup. I'm still inclined to give SB a night to use it because if he is town, it's a potentially useful ability.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 734, Furcolow wrote:NPAU
pass your ability to me
and ill pass mine to you
deal?

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. On many, many levels.

First of all, we are NOT making plans in advance of who to pass what to. You should never even have claimed to have an ability.
Second of all, we want to make as many connections through passing as possible.
Third of all, why the hell do you want that ability.

Kdub should vig npiau. He's scummy, and we can nip an anti-town ability in the bud.

Npiau wrote:And so you think I would claim a anti-town ability if I'm scum?

Hell, I got a ridiculous amount of towncred last game for claiming the treestump on day one. I mean, i WAS town, but still.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by implosion »

I typed each of those "no"s individually, by the way.

Furc, if you want to get past your VI reputation, stop doing anti-town things.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:45 pm

In post 734, Furcolow wrote:NPAU
pass your ability to me
and ill pass mine to you
deal?

The town will decide who I will pass my ability to

@Kdub: Sorry, I read your claim again it makes sense

In post 736, implosion wrote:
Npiau wrote:And so you think I would claim a anti-town ability if I'm scum?

Hell, I got a ridiculous amount of towncred last game for claiming the treestump on day one. I mean, i WAS town, but still.

What are you talking about?
Justice will prevail
\m/
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Nopoint is two fold good shot. one, he is legitimately posting anti-town. Two, he was lurking hard (seven posts through the entire day) until kdub announced his vig, and chance to shoot him. Since then, he has posted three times, increasing his post count by a whopping 42%!

He is the scummy lurker we have been looking for.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by implosion »

In cyclic experimenation set x01, I had a treestump ability and claimed it in my second or third post on day one. People proceeded to call me town for how I handled the claim.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:55 pm

That's because I'm staying up late and not being irresponsible towards the game ML. Shoot/lynch me if you want, Magister Ludi dies tomorrow from my flip
Justice will prevail
\m/
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Is being 'responsible' having 7 posts across two weeks and then close to doubling that in a day?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:00 pm

If you doubt my time limitation, read my posts for this most recent game
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18902

Other than that if you've got nothing concrete to discuss, stfu
Justice will prevail
\m/
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Kdub »

Signing off now. To give people a rough deadline, I will use my shot approximately 24 hours from now, presumably on nopoint unless something else arises.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Hardly. Out of seven posts, you had several scummy stances, and anti-town reasoning. You were also lurking. I can only assume that you were lurking because if you posted more you knew it would only get worse for you.

Thats pretty good for day one. What exactly 'concrete' are you looking for?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:07 pm

specific evidence (quote, posts ... ), not the labeling shit you've been doing all day. I'm off, I can't stand this rot any longer
Justice will prevail
\m/
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

My job isn't to convince you you're scum, (which you will never admit to), but to convince others you are scum.

Do you deny you were lurking and generally not playing very pro-town?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

Page 1 -

Junpei, disregard if you feel this is too "oldnews" to matter, but what was the point of your experiement in asking about personalities? Particularly, why did you ask what people are like in real life if that doesn't have anything to do with the game?

I completely agree with implosion's plan, but what I don't get is how his content after the plan post has sunk dramatically. It's okay to not be good at scumhunting or otherwise not know what to say about certain situations, but it just feels like his later excure is scum-motivated active lurking. Do not like.

crypto's P1 trolling is lolworthy, but not significant.

Page 2 -

People begin to jump onto and form a wagon on the obvtroll crypto. I still don't find his play there completely scummy but understand the disdain coming from the people that it came from.

Magister's warriormode vote doesn't look random, so I'm going to assume it isn't until further notice. This isn't to say I think it's a bad vote, because I don't, I actually read it like I'm saying. He saw warrior vote an easy lynch (cryptroll) and acted accordingly. Crypto's follow-up vote says he agrees. Does anyone interpret this differently?

wazzatron's response to crypto's playstyle is expecially lolworthy to me. Very, very weak vote reasons. Then again, it's P2 so you can't expect much. Null tell.

Lullaby brings up a valid point regarding multiple scum-teams, but (in my experience) this normally isn't brought up by someone who is town. Not on P2 D1. Feels like insider information here. Link for quick reference as it doesn't sit well with me at all and I'll be thoroughly surprised if nobody else picked up on this in later pages.

Junpei's curt and breif opinion on RVS seems interesting especially since I believe I've been in a game where he randomly votes.

Junpei
, is this a new revelation of yours or am I hallucinating?

Page 3 -

MoI is normally pretty level-headed, but his vote on crypto is derp. Absolutely derp. Everything else in the posts is pro-town, though.

PeregrineV parks his random vote... on the cryptowagon? Crypto's Trolling null tells aside, this post is extremely scummy to me. Parking an easy vote, having the ability to look back and say "hey, it's random" and not having much connection to it if it comes to lynch.

FoS
: PeregrineV

Page 4 -

I thoroughly enjoy the back and forth between crypto and MoI here. Strengthens my crypto!town read for sure.

Toogeloo's inability to vote is quite telling. Enough has happened to get a serious vote going in one direction or another. Heavily obvious fence-sitting is heavily obvious.

ITT MoI dislikes when people ask others why they're voting for them. Seems silly to me, but I'll ask him to explain that later if he hasn't in my upcoming reading.

Kdub's 99 reads town to me. No question.

Page 5 -

I too find toog's immediate responses pretty telling. Not particularly sure in which direction it goes, though. But noteworthy for later if it persists.

Sinestro's 111 seems townish, but it puts too much weight on meta and not enough on the fact that toog might've been coached pre-game due to his, erm, deficiency in performance as scum.

warriormode's 123 is town-motivated. (inb4wutyoudisagreewithyourbuttbuddycrypto?)

MoI's 124 is complete fluffery. The Toog point is completely valid, but beyond that the comment to Sinestro seems like he just wanted to have more to say. Ingenuine, if you will.

Page 6 -

Toog's self vote made me face-palm hard enough to regret both facepalming and finding his play scummy all in one. He seems like VI the more that I read, which isn't something I particularly enjoy saying about people but... damn dude, really?

I sincerely despise Drunken's posting style. I'm going to cry if I end up with this if it's some passable post restriction as I'll easily forget and get mod-killed. No bueno.

Stringer Bell is so misunderstood. Poor guy. lulz. I think he's town if only for his posting as of this point. Same with warriormode. The latter is strongly due to meta (albeit only one game's worth), but I don't see the scum-motivation in either of their posts as other people are obviously biting right on to. Both wagons seem scum-pushed. (SB's wagon hasn't started yet, mind you, but it's a gut feeling at this point)

Page 7 -

I won't question anyone's disdain for my slot as I'm one to take close notes on slots overall and diddin's play on this page alone is egregious at best.

RC's 165 wall is town.

Junpei's 164 is asking too much and absolutely ridiculous. "Hey, so I think you're lying. Do something I know you can't do so I can further condemn you for it. Thanks." That's how that post looks to me. Link for reference.

Page 8 -

matt's reason to vote warriormode is so newbtown it's lolworthy and particularly worth mentioning.

Fourseen is flip-flopping scum. I'd vote him but he's not one of the major wagons and we're not forming a wagon in less than a day (if I read the deadline correctly).

Kdub
, vig Fourseen or Junpei. Both are completely acceptable shots.

Page 9 -

Holy quickwagons, Batman! Why didn't the Fourseenwagon come to fruition? If it weren't P9 I'd be asking that question a little more seriously. The only Fourseen voter I see as off is wazz, but that might boil down to the fact that I don't find logic in his posting style or motivations. Not town-logic anyway.

I don't like Toog's sheeping onto the warrior wagon but, given what I've already said, I don't see it as condemning considering who it's coming from.

Magister Ludi
, what about warriormode made him scummier than fourseen as of 224? Hell, do you feel the same now?

Page 10 - (and the last page I'll be doing now, I've got things to do and people to Skype)

MoI v crypto continues, finding MoI more and more scummy as the fight moves on. Don't particularly enjoy the ad hom but hey, it's all part of the game we love called Mafia.

Stringer's 248 is solid!town.

Okay, so far my reads are pretty simple.

Town:

warriormode
crypto's slot
projectmatt
Stringer Bell
Red Coyote
Kdub

Null:

Sinestro
Drunken
Lullaby
implosion
Toog (a very scummy lean, however)
MoI (same as Toog)

Scum:

Fourseen
Junpei
PeregrineV

VOTE: FourseenCircumstance if only to have my vote in play. Seems we're going to shoot one of the big wagons and extend deadline if I'm reading this correctly, so there will be more than enough time for me to move my vote if need be.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
wazzatron
wazzatron
Goon
wazzatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by wazzatron »

In post 748, chkflip wrote:
Page 6 -

Toog's self vote made me face-palm hard enough to regret both facepalming and finding his play scummy all in one. He seems like VI the more that I read, which isn't something I particularly enjoy saying about people but... damn dude, really?

Page 9 -

Holy quickwagons, Batman! Why didn't the Fourseenwagon come to fruition? If it weren't P9 I'd be asking that question a little more seriously. The only Fourseen voter I see as off is wazz, but that might boil down to the fact that I don't find logic in his posting style or motivations. Not town-logic anyway.

First off toog on page 6 well i think everyone was thinking it but i think it may have been more of a scum motivation to keep his vote off of everyone else to lessen suspicion but that's just me.

also my "posting style" has in my games on forums been called illogical and illegible (check my sig quote.) but i have been trying my best to fix this. This said how was it not town logic unless your specifically saying that there are 8 scum by my count https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 0#p3545300(this vote count) there is no logic behind your suspisions so could you actually go into more depth as to why you found me out of all of the votes to be scummy and only me.
Show
Win-Loss
Mafia 0-1
Town 0-0
3rd party 0-0

tevery best - A sol- v wazzatron slapfight. About the least legible thing that could ever come out of this thread, and it had to hapen at LyLo. FML

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”