Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Vi »

It helps if you click the link.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Quilford »

I did but I don't understand what Angry Birds has to do with this and now my brain hurts ow ow ow
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:05 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Ghostlin ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

JasonT1981 ( 2 )
Sotty7,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

lewarcher82 ( 7 )
Vi,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
XReckonerX,
Untrod Tripod,
Ghostlin,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Quilford,
[/color]
(L - 2 )

Llamarble ( 1 )
lewarcher82,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Quilford ( 3 )
Kublai Khan,
VP Baltar,
glowball,
[/color]
(L - 6 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

VP Baltar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

XReckonerX ( 1 )
Llamarble,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

xvart ( 1 )
JasonT1981,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Amrun, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 17 )

Needed to Lynch [ 9 ]

Deadline: Nov. 18th at 20:00 EST
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 77, Quilford wrote:I did but I don't understand what Angry Birds has to do with this and now my brain hurts ow ow ow

It was a dumb joke anyway.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 am

Post by xvart »

In post 71, Quilford wrote:He voted for jason.

Insta town points.
You couldn't post this before your exam when you were posting these two posts:
In post 71, Quilford wrote:He voted for jason.

Insta town points.
In post 27, Quilford wrote:well it's just that I'm about to sit an exam so
It had less words than both of the posts combined, plus Jason had not said anything game related at all at the time of Sotty's vote and your scum read on Jason.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quilford
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@xvart - what's your opinion of the lewarcher82 wagon?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think VP over reacted to Quilford's town read of me. KK kinda latched on there as well but not as strongly. That wagon was pretty bad.

Jason's xvart vote was terrible but his posting after that feels more townish to me, so we'll see where that goes.

Vi's pressure on Lew is good, Xvart's deflection back to Quilford is not.

Vote: Xvart

Not quite ready to place Lew at L-1 at this point.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're really that gullible, Sotty? since when? Xvart explains it exactly as it is. I don't care about Quilford having a town read on you. The problem is that there was absolutely nothing there to declare a town read based upon. It is a scummy tactic because it's not a legitimate read (he claims they are not random after all!). It's one thing to call someone scummy early game over something minor as a way to get the ball rolling, and it's something entirely different to buddy someone by calling them town over nothing...which apparently worked on you.

While I can understand the premise of the lewarcher wagon, that certainly shot up fast. I at least suggest we don't throw anyone to L-1 quickly while Roxi is waiting in the wings. If scum control that animal, we need to watch out for quick hammers.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:22 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 82, Sotty7 wrote: was pretty bad.

Jason's xvart vote was terrible but his posting after that feels more townish to me, so we'll see where that goes.

How so? it was a random vote in RVS. whats horrible about it, Sotty?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 83, VP Baltar wrote:You're really that gullible, Sotty? since when?

lol You can stop this right now.

Well when I read what he said about my vote I thought it was pretty weak and silly really. If anything I think it was his way of agreeing with my gut vibes on Jason's first post. What I don't see is how quickly you build the bridge from silly to scummy. Quliford wasn't trying to say I'm confirmed town or anything, and it's not like it's a read that's locked in. From what I have seen of Quliford he does this kinda thing, it's a null tell. But you were all over it like it was a massive thing. I don't see it. I think you blew it up.

Jason, I feel you over justified a throw away random vote, just twinged my gut which is why I voted you. I like to figure you out ASAP so I know if we can team up to destroy the world or not.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:50 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 85, Sotty7 wrote:l tell. But you were all over it like it was a massive thing. I don't see it. I think you blew it up.

Jason, I feel you over justified a throw away random vote, just twinged my gut which is why I voted you. I like to figure you out ASAP so I know if we can team up to destroy the world or not.

HAHA OK then. I know you always like to try and figure me out early. I usually put some comment in the random vote as to why, sometimes whitty, sometimes looking deadly serious.

Quilford - I also defend you as town, more so actually. 70s show was an exception to that. As scum I usually push for your lynch heavily I believe..
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 72, lewarcher82 wrote:
In post 51, Vi wrote:
Vote: lewarcher82
(L-8)

lewarcher 44 wrote:Now I am forced to wonder which one is the explanation of your behaviour. (1) Reckless town - who just won the "VI of the game" trophy despite quil's efforts or (2) fishy scum.
lewarcher 50 wrote:I will agree on the town VI hypothesis for now. Another detail in her posts shows that she tends to be clueless about the fishy potential of her proposal.

Moreover, I have never seen scum fish so blatantly.
It sounds like you already had your mind made up.

I sure did. Feel free to meta me and see what I think of fishing as a scumtell. It is anti-town, but only moronic scum does it. But this does not prevent me from discussing the point with the player in the first place.

Moving to a more interesting post:

In post 61, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 44, lewarcher82 wrote:
In post 35, glowball wrote:Also, this is petsPick!

Tell me about your actual pets, no details of course. Just sharing, I'll go first. I have a puppy she's about 1.5 years and I LOVE HER she is fluffy and adorable!

This is a terrible idea. This equates you claiming a fluffy and adorable puppy. How is it possible that you do not realise this? And besides, this is fishing. Say that someone tells you that his dog is a German Shepherd who can find anything when he follows his nose. You will just assume that this person is likely a cop. Now I am forced to wonder which one is the explanation of your behaviour. (1) Reckless town - who just won the "VI of the game" trophy despite quil's efforts or (2) fishy scum.

Yes, but in a petsPick, I'm pretty sure a good majority of us have two of the most common pets out there which are dogs and cats for our animals. Everyone thinks their pet is adorable, I'm sure no one submitted a pet they just hated in a 'pet you love' mafia game. And I'm not sure 'young and spry' relates to a specific mafia role, do you?

The thing that worries me is not that glowball naively chose to reveal her animal's flavor so to speak, but the fact that this is a huge overreach over information that really equates to nothing specific about the role.

Vote: lewatcher
L-7

Explain, please. Are you voting me for thinking glow was fishing or for saying she wasn't after asking her if she was? Are you voting me for the reason Vi is voting me or for the opposite one?

I'm saying you're stretching in unbelievable ways, taking what should be a 'getting to know you' flavor claim and trying to turn it into a scum tell. That only dumb scum do.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 85, Sotty7 wrote:From what I have seen of Quliford he does this kinda thing, it's a null tell. But you were all over it like it was a massive thing. I don't see it. I think you blew it up.

I blew it up like a massive thing because I questioned him on it and voted him when he didn't answer? Also, I've never played with Quilford that I recall (though I admittedly have a bad memory for that kind of thing), so I'm just gonna calls em like I sees em. Didn't look null to me. Looked like buddying. Only scum are gonna have town reads at that point in the game because they know who the town is.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Buddying how? Quilscum/metown?

In post 88, VP Baltar wrote:Only scum are gonna have town reads at that point in the game because they know who the town is.

This isn't strictly true. The reads just won't be very strong.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, if buddying was taking place there it was quilscum/Sottytown.

My point is that it's impossible to get a town read out of "vote:jason". I don't really care if Quilford is quick to make reads and that's his meta. I don't honestly believe anyone could get a town read out of something like that. I'm not criticizing him having scummy or town vibes from posts where there is actually something to interpret, but no one could get town vibes from a contentless RVS vote. Conversely, scum can easily get a town read from that because they know if you're town or not.
YOUR AD HERE

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:19 am

Post by glowball »

In post 83, VP Baltar wrote:You're really that gullible, Sotty? since when? Xvart explains it exactly as it is. I don't care about Quilford having a town read on you. The problem is that there was absolutely nothing there to declare a town read based upon. It is a scummy tactic because it's not a legitimate read (he claims they are not random after all!). It's one thing to call someone scummy early game over something minor as a way to get the ball rolling, and it's something entirely different to buddy someone by calling them town over nothing...which apparently worked on you.

While I can understand the premise of the lewarcher wagon, that certainly shot up fast. I at least suggest we don't throw anyone to L-1 quickly while Roxi is waiting in the wings. If scum control that animal, we need to watch out for quick hammers.

You really think scum would quick hammer this early and reveal their extra vote. They'd surely be gone the next day.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, I'm operating under the premise that whoever has Roxie can vote in secret since no one has fessed up to having that pet. If it's a public vote, then clearly what I said is moot. If no one comes forward to claim Roxie, then I think it's worth being cautious around.
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 79, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 77, Quilford wrote:I did but I don't understand what Angry Birds has to do with this and now my brain hurts ow ow ow

It was a dumb joke anyway.

CONTENT!

In post 83, VP Baltar wrote:You're really that gullible, Sotty? since when? Xvart explains it exactly as it is. I don't care about Quilford having a town read on you. The problem is that there was absolutely nothing there to declare a town read based upon. It is a scummy tactic because it's not a legitimate read (he claims they are not random after all!). It's one thing to call someone scummy early game over something minor as a way to get the ball rolling, and it's something entirely different to buddy someone by calling them town over nothing...which apparently worked on you.

Oh man... VPB tries to goad Sotty into this with a sort of insulting challenge, then just goes on to say 'xvart was right' and regurgitate information.

In post 86, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 85, Sotty7 wrote:l tell. But you were all over it like it was a massive thing. I don't see it. I think you blew it up.

HAHA OK then. I know you always like to try and figure me out early. I usually put some comment in the random vote as to why, sometimes whitty, sometimes looking deadly serious.

Quilford - I also defend you as town, more so actually. 70s show was an exception to that. As scum I usually push for your lynch heavily I believe..

I'm going to start policy voting every motherfucker who tries to use selfmeta.

I'm not sure what to make of jason here. He's probably middle of the pack as far as reads go. Vi is screaming town to me, now.
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 93, xRECKONERx wrote:Oh man... VPB tries to goad Sotty into this with a sort of insulting challenge, then just goes on to say 'xvart was right' and regurgitate information.

So you're suggesting I was implying something other than what xvart said when I went after Quilford well before him? Do tell.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, what information did I regurgitate exactly?
YOUR AD HERE

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 92, VP Baltar wrote:Well, I'm operating under the premise that whoever has Roxie can vote in secret since no one has fessed up to having that pet. If it's a public vote, then clearly what I said is moot. If no one comes forward to claim Roxie, then I think it's worth being cautious around.

I feel funny about this post. It reads like passive aggressive rolefishing to me. I'm not ok with someone going 'I have Roxie and my pet can vote', particularly since if Roxie is in the votecount, we should be able to see where Roxie's vote is.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 94, VP Baltar wrote:So you're suggesting I was implying something other than what xvart said when I went after Quilford well before him? Do tell.

I'm saying you went after him first, and xvart gave you a reason for doing so afterthefact.
green shirt thursdays
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 93, xRECKONERx wrote:I'm going to start policy voting every motherfucker who tries to use selfmeta.

If I were drinking something, that'd be a spit-take right about now.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Can you elaborate or are you going to continue to be as useless and terrible here as you have been the past 3-4 games I've played with you?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”