Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Nero Cain wrote:Most likely, yes. You are your top 6 scum reads and why?

Lol what a strange retort. You answer my question with no explanation and then ask me for an absurd explanation of something that I'm not capable of.

You want 6 scum reads? Why 6? Is that how many scum you think there are left? Wouldn't that be a high ratio scum vs. town? Your request is random, uncalled for and you are asking for a lot for someone who offered so little after my last question. I understand that I gave you the option of yes vs. no, but taking that option is pretty scummy.

I'll give it to you though...

1. MattP - I already outlined it on this page.

2. Andrius - He swapped in on a player that was lurking terribly and then went the obvious route of doing a mass of PBP on everyone. He landed on the numero uno lynch candidate and buddied up to the person most vocally pushing the lynch. Other than this has done nothing of note. Occasionally comes back to tell us that he's going to re-read the thread again and see what comes up, but just lands on the same ol' same ol'. It doesn't add up. More than half the players in the game think I'm town, how can I be the only player he has an adamant scum read on after multiple re-reads? I find it hilarious how easily he had Agar convinced, with little trying, and nothing more than an agreement... But I am vocal, committed and contributing, but I just can't shake him. So that's it folks, if you want to fool Agar, then just blatantly buddy him, because he loves flattery and being agreed with.

3. Bogre - Much like Vezok he hasn't done much scum hunting. He has chimed in every now and then to say not much. The little he has said strikes me as him just posting what he feels are townish things. He has only really voted as part of a wagon despite posting enough material to have made his own cases on the likes of myself or manho.

4. Vezok - A VI isn't always town. He has done nothing at all to help scum hunt and his play in general, while being VI, has read scum. I wouldn't like to lynch him based just on this though, hence why he is #4.

5. Manho - He posts in short bursts. I don't think English is his first language and that always makes a player harder to read but that fake claim was and still is a problem. Also 4th Legion Deathbringers seems like a PR of some kind, and doesn't really sound town to me. I'd like for him to in greater detail explain what he meant by the possibility of being recruited.

6. KDowns - He has been coasting on his vig and someone vocally declaring him obvtown and has not done a thing since. If he was scum and had this luck out he would DEFINITELY be doing what he is doing now. I feel him as town but I don't like that there are so many inactive players. If there are town players among the likes of Bogre, PeregrineV, Manho, KDowns and Vezok they really need to post more.

I am also suspicious of EtherealCookie to some extent but it's only through the cases of others. Magua, Nero Cain, Agar I am confident are town. PeregrineV while being equally lurky as the others, seems a lot more town to me.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

3. Bogre - Much like Vezok he hasn't done much scum hunting. He has chimed in every now and then to say not much. The little he has said strikes me as him just posting what he feels are townish things. He has only really voted as part of a wagon despite posting enough material to have made his own cases on the likes of myself or manho.

4. Vezok - A VI isn't always town. He has done nothing at all to help scum hunt and his play in general, while being VI, has read scum. I wouldn't like to lynch him based just on this though, hence why he is #4.

Interesting. Explain why these two are in this order.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I think it would be pretty obvious just by reading it. There is more of a case on Bogre than you imo. Whatever case we can make on you, we can also make on Bogre imo, but then there is the additional case on Bogre as I suggested. Why do you ask?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Wraith »

The combination of things dragging and many people needing REPEATED prods today is starting to piss me off. Certain people who meet certain requirements when I open the Activity Overview need to get a move on before I tighten deadlines on all fronts.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1325, MacDougall wrote:

Lol what a strange retort.
You answer my question with no explanation
and
then ask me for an absurd explanation of something that I'm not capable of.

You want 6 scum reads? Why 6?
Is that how many scum you think there are left
? Wouldn't that be a high ratio scum vs. town?
Your request is random, uncalled for
and you are asking for a lot for someone who offered so little after my last question. I understand that I gave you the option of yes vs. no,but taking that option is pretty scummy.

black bold-it was a loaded question and had absolutely nothing to do with me stating who I'd want to lynch.

red bold-If you were uncapable of it how'd you do it? Did someone help you? I asked b/c your pretty much singular hunting and you never seem to stick with a "scum" read long.

blue bold-So what do YOU think? Pere said he has played in a game with two scum factions that were 4 apiece. I think I played in a game with similar stats. So what do you think the scum sizes are? 2 apiece? 3? 4?

light blue bold-Why are you getting defensive here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

double post, please delete one Wraith

Who'd support a Vezok or EC lynch?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1318, MacDougall wrote:Pfft surely you can give us a brief example. How about you elaborate on the one you just suggested? That would be easy! I didn't ask for a case, I asked for some quotes. Why you fail to do this is confusing.

Why would I need to "transition things smoothly"? That would imply that I am selecting my words over cautiously and trying not to trap myself. Which would be a scum thing to do. So you're saying that because I'm not behaving scummily that I'm being coached and am scum? Because I am being boisterous, "ADD" as you say, I am being coached and am scum? I find that the loud, pig headed players are generally town, which is why I have a town read on you.

Why do you not entertain the idea that you are wrong on this? You have been adamant the entire time and have given me no quarter once. Just TRY to have a town read on me. Read my ISO as though you WANT me to be town. You'll make a stronger case to yourself than the one you currently have I assure you. I did just have a look at your ISO in the Upick game and noticed that you used a suicide bomber kill on a townie. So it's not like you're showing great form at the moment. Be at the head of my lynch mob and soon you're gonna start to develop a reputation...

Let's go with your posting content this day;

Starts off voting Andrius for "WoT" and some other shit. Transitions hard to defending hard against me, almost completely dropping your pursuit of an Andrius lynch, instead posting "I'd have killed AGar!" But suddenly, that line of thought just stops. Not progresses or regresses. Just stops. After that you move to "Lol I'm at L-1, just lynch me!" But then that just stops with a hard jolt. Then after the whole "Lol I'm dead, no wait no I'm not" thing, it's "Well AGar and Andrius... they're scum!" But literally your next post (with no posts from me or Andrius between them) says we're both town. Looks like someone checked into the QT, huh? Back to "Ok, I'm going to die, just let it happen." after that, and then back off of that wagon again. After a few more weak tosses at me, you move to MattP "because I wasn't around" even though it logically follows no progression.

No one else really sees this? Am I really alone here?

Maybe I'm stark raving mad, but I'm damn sure that MacDougall is scum.

Also, I really don't give a fuck about my reputation here.

P-Edit: I'd support EC. Not whole-heartedly, but I can agree to it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: manho
VOTE: EtherealCookie

OMGIS
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:10 am

Post by kdowns »

I'm here ... Don't Kill me Wraith
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:18 am

Post by MattP »

I'm here too. I have to be at work in 13 minutes. Blargh, I will try to find time tonight to respond MacDougall.
SlappyKrust
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

Post by MacDougall »

Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1325, MacDougall wrote:

Lol what a strange retort.
You answer my question with no explanation
and
then ask me for an absurd explanation of something that I'm not capable of.

You want 6 scum reads? Why 6?
Is that how many scum you think there are left
? Wouldn't that be a high ratio scum vs. town?
Your request is random, uncalled for
and you are asking for a lot for someone who offered so little after my last question. I understand that I gave you the option of yes vs. no,but taking that option is pretty scummy.

black bold-it was a loaded question and had absolutely nothing to do with me stating who I'd want to lynch.

red bold-If you were uncapable of it how'd you do it? Did someone help you? I asked b/c your pretty much singular hunting and you never seem to stick with a "scum" read long.

blue bold-So what do YOU think? Pere said he has played in a game with two scum factions that were 4 apiece. I think I played in a game with similar stats. So what do you think the scum sizes are? 2 apiece? 3? 4?

light blue bold-Why are you getting defensive here?

Mate, if my question was loaded... what does that make yours?

I haven't really changed any of my scum reads. I just change the focus of which one I'm suspicious on. When I say I'm incapable of it, it means that I didn't really have 6 scum reads. But when it came down to it and I had a look, I had at least 6 players that I COULD read as scum if I wanted to...

8 scum would mean 1/3 of the players are scum... I'd think it'd be more likely to be 3 a piece. But then again I'm not a Mafiascum vet.

It's not defensive, it's offensive.
AGar wrote:
In post 1318, MacDougall wrote:Pfft surely you can give us a brief example. How about you elaborate on the one you just suggested? That would be easy! I didn't ask for a case, I asked for some quotes. Why you fail to do this is confusing.

Why would I need to "transition things smoothly"? That would imply that I am selecting my words over cautiously and trying not to trap myself. Which would be a scum thing to do. So you're saying that because I'm not behaving scummily that I'm being coached and am scum? Because I am being boisterous, "ADD" as you say, I am being coached and am scum? I find that the loud, pig headed players are generally town, which is why I have a town read on you.

Why do you not entertain the idea that you are wrong on this? You have been adamant the entire time and have given me no quarter once. Just TRY to have a town read on me. Read my ISO as though you WANT me to be town. You'll make a stronger case to yourself than the one you currently have I assure you. I did just have a look at your ISO in the Upick game and noticed that you used a suicide bomber kill on a townie. So it's not like you're showing great form at the moment. Be at the head of my lynch mob and soon you're gonna start to develop a reputation...

Starts off voting Andrius for "WoT" and
some other shit
. Transitions hard to defending hard against me, almost completely dropping your pursuit of an Andrius lynch, instead posting "I'd have killed AGar!"
But suddenly, that line of thought just stops. Not progresses or regresses. Just stops. After that you move to "Lol I'm at L-1, just lynch me!" But then that just stops with a hard jolt.
Then after the whole "Lol I'm dead, no wait no I'm not" thing, it's
"Well AGar and Andrius... they're scum!"
But literally your next post (with no posts from me or Andrius between them) says we're both town. Looks like someone checked into the QT, huh? Back to "Ok, I'm going to die, just let it happen." after that, and then back off of that wagon again. After
a few more weak tosses at me
you move to MattP "because I wasn't around"
even though it logically follows no progression.

See, this is why nobody supports your lynch. You only post the parts that suit you. In context my actions make sense. You see a sentence here or there that supports your cause but it's literally surrounded by a myriad of words that could only come from the mouth of a town player, but all you hear is a low hum.

"Some other shit". My reason for voting Andrius was because I didn't like his walls of text. They were high on text, low on content. These swirling masses of useless information that served no purpose other than to look town. That's how I saw it.

When I say I'd have killed you I mean that if I was scum I'd have killed you. As a townie, of course I wouldn't kill you because I think you are town. As scum, I'd have killed you because you have been the most aggressive player bar none and have been attacking me. You might think I'd leave you alive just to play this card. But what would be the point when it looked so blatantly obvious so many times that you would get your lynch?

Then I thought I was a goner... I wasn't... so I continued playing. So what?

So I briefly entertained the idea that you are scum Agar. Wishful thinking on my part. And the post that I mention you and Andrius as being scum, my next post isn't a town read on you, I don't know where you get that from. These are the two posts and they ARE divided by an Andrius post ironically.

In post 1117, MacDougall wrote:Look, believe it or not, I'm not scum. I say get rid of me already because I've just been useless and dumb all game and if you're going to lynch me, make it quick so you can move on with the game. You're not gonna get any scum buddies out of me because I have none. I've said it all along, I am House Morvanus, a loyalist, from Anoria. You're gonna lynch me now and then loyalists will lose the game by tomorrow because of it by my count. Whatever. Level the blame at me after it happens if you wish.

Agar, Andrius, Manho and Vezok are the scum imo. Whether there are two teams, or one.

In post 1118, Andrius wrote:
Cookie wrote:The Soda wagon was badbadbadbadbadbadbad and everyone on it is dumbdumbdumbdumb

Weren't YOU on that wagon? (IIRC)

But yes, MacDaddyDougall is scum.

PREDIT: Soooooo both of the main people pushing your lynch are scum.... just because they're pushing your lynch?

McD wrote:I am House Morvanus, a loyalist, from Anoria. You're gonna lynch me now
and then loyalists will lose the game by tomorrow because of it by my count.

Explain the last part now.
The game being over tomorrow makes NO SENSE whatsoever.

In post 1119, MacDougall wrote:I'm getting lynched. I don't have to explain anything I say, because it won't save me. From what I can tell, three more loyalists will be dead by sunrise tomorrow. I'll boldly predict that yet again Agar and you somehow avoid the night kill.

That's also something to consider. Not once has Agar been seriously called into question here. And after my play late game yesterday came off poorly it was obvious I was about to be lynched. If I was scum, wouldn't I have killed Agar? You bet I would have...

So yeah, basically don't buy into Andrius's super lame game. One or both of his little "obv town champions" are scum. Come up with your own thoughts. Don't play follow the leader. It's making it too easy for them.

Sure, after that I went back to thinking you were both town... But now I've settled on Andrius scum and you town, for deductions made since then. Coming up with new ideas for why people are scum is the meat and potatoes of the game mate, that doesn't make me scum.

Your play is bad because you paraphrase everything way too much to suit the idea you are trying to convey. You might get more luck with your lynch wagon if you didn't do that. Just in this last post you made you paraphrased and summed up my play in everything I've bolded. Again, you must be some kind of ego if you think that I moved to MattP just because you weren't around. I moved to MattP because I think he's scum, I stopped attacking you because you weren't around. Two unrelated situations that you've managed to paraphrase and wrap up into one lie to suit your numero uno lynch candidate yet again.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by MacDougall »

Oh and I like how you've blatantly disregarded everything I've posted that didn't relate to you.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1329, Nero Cain wrote:

It's annoying that nobody addresses this until now. In our small player list remaining, up to half could be scum, but that doesn't seem to matter to anyone. But I guess I would expect 50% of the people to not address it.

In post 1326, vezokpiraka wrote:3. Bogre - Much like Vezok he hasn't done much scum hunting. He has chimed in every now and then to say not much. The little he has said strikes me as him just posting what he feels are townish things. He has only really voted as part of a wagon despite posting enough material to have made his own cases on the likes of myself or manho.

Interesting. Explain why these two are in this order.

So, no defense or questions or arguments, you want to know why you are #4 on the list? Are you upset you are that high or that low? You seem to not question his reads, and instead want to know more about you in the list. This generally equates to the "Do you find me scummy?" question, which is generally not asked by town.

Let's see if I can find my vote, and place it on Vezok...
Not over here....
Or over here...
Oh, there it is, already on you.

In post 1331, AGar wrote:

Starts off voting Andrius for "WoT" and some other shit. Transitions hard to defending hard against me, almost completely dropping your pursuit of an Andrius lynch, instead posting "I'd have killed AGar!" But suddenly, that line of thought just stops. Not progresses or regresses. Just stops. After that you move to "Lol I'm at L-1, just lynch me!" But then that just stops with a hard jolt. Then after the whole "Lol I'm dead, no wait no I'm not" thing, it's "Well AGar and Andrius... they're scum!" But literally your next post (with no posts from me or Andrius between them) says we're both town. Looks like someone checked into the QT, huh? Back to "Ok, I'm going to die, just let it happen." after that, and then back off of that wagon again. After a few more weak tosses at me, you move to MattP "because I wasn't around" even though it logically follows no progression.

It's just that most of his antics are very common to new players, before they get jaded.

I'll vote McDougall to avoid a no lynch, since even just randomly voting I'm 60% likely to hit town.
But, if we can lynch Vezok before then, that'd be great too.

In post 1333, kdowns wrote:I'm here ... Don't Kill me Wraith

As the "one-shot vig", which semi-confirms you as town, your comprehensive input at this time would be very greatly appreciated. What are your thoughts, questions, comments on the the remaining 11 players and the possible setup?

@Andrius- Don't disappear on us now.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 am

Post by MacDougall »

So I believe the vote tally is something like;

MacDougall 5 votes
Andrius 2 votes
Vezok 2 votes
MattP 1 vote

MattP is at the top of my list but since nobody else seems interested in voting him. I'll settle for number 2.

vote: Andrius
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: EtherealCookie
VOTE: Andrius
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:37 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Trouble making up your mind as well, Magua?
I don't want to see MacDougall lynched. I would prefer a Vezok lynch. Seems like the latter isn't likely to happen, and given Andrius faked interest in pushing a Magua lynch, said he'd re-read everything, and yet really hasn't had anything to add, this is the most logical wagon to follow.
UNVOTE

VOTE: Andrius
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1340, EtherealCookie wrote:Trouble making up your mind as well, Magua?
I don't want to see MacDougall lynched. I would prefer a Vezok lynch. Seems like the latter isn't likely to happen, and given Andrius faked interest in pushing a Magua lynch, said he'd re-read everything, and yet really hasn't had anything to add, this is the most logical wagon to follow.

No trouble making up my mind. I have a pool of people I want to lynch -- Andrius, you, manho. I'm willing to vote *any* of them at this point just for *something* to happen here.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

I haven't disappeared.
I was weekend V/LA.
Now eating dinner.
After that I read D1 and D2.
And somewhere in there I decide whether I want to replace xvart in AFFC and REVIVE THE KETTLEBLACK FAMILY.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
Votecount please.

@Andrius:
Selfvote please.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1343, Magua wrote:
@Mod:
Votecount please.

@Andrius:
Selfvote please.

You know I won't do that.
We do not know fear.
Or defeat.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Magua »

I'll buy you a dictionary.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

:roll:
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Wraith »

Spoiler: Background
Language and Avalon

The continent of Avalon can be divided into three primary language groups: Standard, Neuran, and Malarite. These language groups contain many sub-groups, all of which have evolved over time. The current language divisions in Avalon are a direct result of three concepts, each pertaining to their respective groups - Bennerian continental imperialism during the late Kingdom Age and early Colonial Age, the assimilation-extermination conduct of the First Empire, and the spread and conquests of Malarism between the fall of the First Empire and the Kingdom Age.

Standard, though perhaps not the native language of the largest percentage of the world's population, is nevertheless the primary spoken and written language of business and academia. Standard is the official language of Arkania and Benneria, as well as other, smaller nations in western Avalon. It varies very little beyond differences in Bennerian and continental dialects, such as Norlander (Bennerian), Canburite (Bennerian), Outback (Arkanian), Dominican (Continental), and Citalian (Arkania) to name a few. Standard overtook the native languages of Norland and Arkania, the latter people originally spoke their own language known as Rezelian. Over time, the ability to communicate with Bennerians caused Standard to supercede Rezelian as Arkania's spoken language.

Neuran is perhaps the most varied language group in the world, and has a storied history compared to Standard. Neuran is the official language of the Duranic Imperium, its name being a abbreviation for
Neu-Duran
. Though it shares the name, Neuran the language is only a part of the language group. To understand the spread of the most common native language of the peoples of Avalon, one must udnerstand its origins. The First Empire originally spoke in Heitran, or
Heit-Duran
, a much more structured language based around verb declension and noun conjugation. Heitran's influence is still felt, however, in common Duranic names and surnames, many of which still retain Heitranic customs such as the -us and -a suffixes for male and female respectively. As the First Empire spread, and assimilated many cultures (while exterminating others), Heitran began to change. Local dialects began to form and vary widely from culture to culture, and by the dawn of the Kingdom Age Heitran had died out as a native language, only spoken by clergy, academia, and nobility. Local dialects mostly superceded it based on culture group, but in the former Empire Altran - for Alt-Duran - became the official language of many principalities. Altran was a hybrid of Heitran and multiple assimilated cultures - whereas Heitran would be perhaps unrecognizable to Neuran speakers of today, Altran bears at least a half-similarity. Altran was the primary language of the Imperium until the mid-Colonial Age, when Arko-Bennerian overseas imperialism, and the subsequent rise of Standard, led to the Reforms of Mos Anor. Standard had already begun to influence Jukara and the western provinces of the Imperium, idioms and words creeping into local dialects. As a result of the Reforms of Mos Anor, Neuran was formed - a heavily "Standardized" new variation on Altran. Neuran quickly took hold in the Imperium and remains its official language to this day.

The second major sub-group under Neuran would be Jukaran. The Juke mixed Heitranic influences into their native tribal language, and thus something of a hybrid was formed. Though many words are different, and their accents and phonetics sound quite different from their Neuranic counterparts, to a speaker of Standard or Malarite languages it can often be difficult to tell Jukaran and Neuran apart. Modern Jukaran maintains its Heitranic influences, more so than Neuran itself, but it was also heavily Standardized during the Colonial Age.

The third and largest major sub-group is Terran. The original First Empire had pushed its frontiers rather far into the Terran steppes, as far as Riev and the Kolgar River, and thus the local cultures were assimilated or exterminated, and Heitran heavily influenced the local language. As opposed to Jukara, however, the Terran ethnicities took far more influence from Altran than Heitran, and as a result modern Terran - though the phonetics are very different - has many spelling similarities with Neuran. An easy way to spot the difference between Terrans and Terran minorities is their language - whereas the Terrans and the Kolgar speak their Altran-based language, most minority ethnicities retained their heritage, and speak a very different language.

Other sub-groups of Neuran also exist in Antethia to the south (the only Neuranic holdout in Troplica) and in the northern nations, such as Starkain and Norcadia. Antethian is very similar to Neuran, differing only in dialect due to Freeden roots. The northerners have more in common with their original cultures and the Terrans than Neuran itself, however.

The final major language group of Avalon is Malarite. Though more prevalent in Continua, Malarite languages vary wildly from place to place - though the dialects sound similar, a Geptan would have great difficulty understanding a Sarthian, or a Brenkol and Keljak. This is due to the more limited effects of the First Empire's assimilation-extermination policy, as the desert-based tribes that were the Malarite conquerers before the Kingdom Age were largely ignored due to their native habitat in the inhospitable Sand Seas. As a result, Malarite languages are very strongly influenced by the original tribal cultures - the only reason most are grouped together is because the phonetics sound similar, and all are spoken by Malarite peopels.

Votecount 5.3

MacDougall
(5)
:
Andrius, AGar,
MattP
EtherealCookie
manho
, Nero Cain, kdowns,
MattP
, vezokpiraka

Andrius
(4)
:
MacDougall
Magua
, manho,
MacDougall
Magua
, MacDougall, Magua, EtherealCookie
vezokpiraka
(1)
:
PeregrineV,
EtherealCookie

MattP
(0)
:
MacDougall

EtherealCookie
(0)
:
Magua

Magua
(0)
:
EtherealCookie

Bogre
(0)
:
MacDougall

manho
(0)
:
Magua

Not Voting
(2)
:
Bogre, MattP

With 12 alive it takes
to lynch.

MacDougall stands at
L-2

Deadline for today is
November 10, 2011
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Magua »

MattP is pretty much just wanting to hammer MacDougall.

Bogre NEEDS TO FUCKING VOTE OR DIE.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Magua »

PeregrineV, opinions on MacDougall and Andrius pl0x.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”