Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Global Warming »

*ahem* I told you so.
Let's lynch another wolf now.

Vote: The Fonz

His defence of Jack is bad, his ignoring of the Maxous wagon is bad and his end of the day posting was way too scummy to leave him alive.
Might come with reasoning this weekend as I do not have enough time to show why now. (And Ray is busy as well)

- CS
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Bogre »

VOTE: Fonz

Willing to sheep GW on this one, because ignoring the Max wagon is a big, big thing.

What gambit were you talking about, StefanB?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Bogre, I believe that Fonz not acutally placing his doublevote on sorgster when he said he did.

Reasons why the Fonz is scum:
1) Accuses GW of chainsawing for sorgster without a flip. You can't acutally use the 'lol, you're chainsawing' without a flip of the chainsawed or chainsawee.
2) Has now defended Jak (719), and Maxous (most of day 3).
3) #1099 is scummy and directly contradicts the hammer later.
4) The whole 'I'm so obvtown and your all retards' at the end of Day 3. Frankly, it's like a reverse AtE, trying to bully us into thinking he's town.
5) While I'm sure I'm going to get shouted down for this, there is one possible motive for his DV trick on sorgster at the end of the day that isn't town or null motivated; running down the clock and causing a mislynch.

"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Global Warming »

I don't get why you are talking about the The Fonz gambit when Oversoul voted for sorgster after already voting for him. So it didn't even matter where he had his secret vote.

- CS
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1178, Global Warming wrote:I don't get why you are talking about the The Fonz gambit when Oversoul voted for sorgster after already voting for him. So it didn't even matter where he had his secret vote.

- CS

Oh. OS voted twice? Then ignore #5. #1-4 are still valid then.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1178, Global Warming wrote:I don't get why you are talking about the The Fonz gambit when Oversoul voted for sorgster after already voting for him. So it didn't even matter where he had his secret vote.

- CS

Yeah, so were you thinking on purpose or accident?

To me, it looked intentional, and Sorgster was supposed to go into "dead townie death spasms" mode.

Vote: Orversoul

for attempting to contrive a fake lynch on Sorgster
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

TheFonz has scumminess from previous days, and ignored some questions I asked him, so kind of want to see how he is going to respond to this, if at all.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1175, Global Warming wrote:*ahem* I told you so.
Let's lynch another wolf now.

His defence of Jack is bad, his ignoring of the Maxous wagon is bad and his end of the day posting was way too scummy to leave him alive.
Might come with reasoning this weekend as I do not have enough time to show why now. (And Ray is busy as well)

- CS

Tries to restrain rage...

I did not IGNORE Max. I thought it was a mediocre wagon, and pursued what I felt were better scumtells. How the fuck was my end of day posting scummy? My defence of Jak was good. There was no evidence whatsoever to suggest that he was anything but the usual VI who derps himself into a day one mislynch. I continued supporting the wagon on the player who I felt was scummiest, namely, Dry-Fit, as I had been doing since I entered. Looking at the evidence as of the end of day two, I would make that exact same decision over again in a heartbeat.

In post 1177, Ghostlin wrote:Bogre, I believe that Fonz not acutally placing his doublevote on sorgster when he said he did.

Except that I did. Look at the wagon. It never got to L-1 on 'public' votes. Whispersilk made the mistake of saying it was L-1 when she miscounted.

On the subject of whisper, I stand by the assertion she was scummy. Having had the chance to re-read overnight, she is correct that her vote was D1, I was mistaken in thinking it D3. In my defence, it was only eight posts from her sorgster vote to her max vote, and I'd made seventeen posts between the start of the day and that vote. I saw her sorg vote, thought "Well switching between the top two this late is kinda scummy," so looking at her ISO quickly (because I believed that Sorg had been hammered) I saw the vote for sorgster only a handful of posts before and thought 'Man, this flipflopping makes her obvscum' and rushed to post it in the thread before it was locked. I didn't realise that she'd been lurking to the extent that eight posts prior was actually two full days before.

Let's take on Ghostlin's four points:

1) You absolutely can. I felt that Sorgster was incredibly scummy, and here's GW trying to discredit the wagon by accusing it of not having basis (there was a strong one) and ignoring the Max wagon (as I said, I at least had spent a great deal of thought on the Max wagon, and decided it wasn't necessarily scummy but looked poorly reasoned and confirmation bias-y). So he's using underhanded tactics to undermine a wagon I thought was the town's best bet of hitting scum. Obviously, I had to think why he wasn't even willing to consider the case on sorgster. The obvious answer was that he had to stop the sorgster wagon by whatever tactic he could muster.

2) My 'defense' of Max amounts to pointing out that claimed roleblockers rarely live very long, and the case against him wasn't very good. This is true, and I'd have been perfectly happy to leave him to be nightkilled if he weren't confirmed scum. Players who claim strong power early on in large games don't tend to last to lylo. See Simpsons mafia for a recent example of me making this argument (after town stupidly hammered a claimed cop D1) and Mafia vs Wolves Redux in the archive for an old one (where I successfully protect town cop N9V from a push by the scum to lynch him after he declares a guilty on an innocent man).

Look, it's fairly clear that GW had incriminating results, and tried to cobble together a wagon on him with whatever arguments they could muster, and took the same approach to discrediting the rival wagon. That's fine except that
it looks exactly what scum do
- decide on the outcome they want then manufacture arguments to advance that position.

3) No, and this is I think the worst piece of distortion in the whole pile. You have player A. A is a claimed roleblocker, is not particularly scummy, and is outed. His role has value to the town if he's town, and even if he's scum he can't go around blocking obvtown and power roles like a scum RB normally would. He's a likely NK candidate. Player B has another player claiming 100% accurate role information that makes him scum.

Surely you can see that there's no contradiction whatsoever in treating these two scenarios differently? It's like the difference between a claimed vig who's killed reasonable vig targets every night, and a confirmed SK. 'Is either a town RB or scum RB' and 'Is definitely a scum RB' are COMPLETELY different scenarios.

4) No, I'm obviously town. Scum with secret second votes don't claim them. They especially don't claim them when another player is being attacked on the basis that he might be said role, on day two of a game with multiple scumgroups. I tend only to point out my obvtownness when I'm at my most frustrated, namely, being attacked based on ridiculously stupid reasons when clearly town.

Basically, one and two are reasonable arguments. They're wrong, but I can see how you believe them. Being on the opposite wagon to dead wolves both days doesn't look very good, and I'm not going to bother with the whole I wouldn't do that as scum because frankly, as scum I can do just about anything. If I
were
scum and had chosen not to bus Jak, I certainly couldn't have afforded to bus Max as well. I have no intention of continuing any argument on the basis of these points, because frankly, you either believe that I found Dry-Fit and Sorgster scummier than TheJak and Max, or you don't. If you're willing to lynch me on the basis of that, go ahead, because if my positions alone are enough to convict in your mind, then I've got better things to do with my time. Sometimes, you just back the wrong horse. What I will say was both of those wagons I was on were basically given their momentum by me, so it's not like you can claim I saw a scumbuddy being wagoned and jumped on the counter.

3 and 4 are not in the slightest bit valid, and I'm going to contest those all the way. Though not now, since my top suspect on my overnight re-read was Alabaska by a LONG way, so I need to get my scumhunt on with the new information.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

@Peregrine: I cannot find a single question addressed to me in your ISO.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1183, The Fonz wrote:@Peregrine: I cannot find a single question addressed to me in your ISO.

Post 851 where you responded to someone else's response to my post, I asked you about the original post.

Post 852 I responded to your post with more followup questions.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Let's put 1 and 2 aside for a second, although as an quick addendum to 1; I will say it's about a 1000x times less accurate to claim someone of chainsawing without a flip one way or the other, and an argument you could use on anyone riding that opposing wagon.

First of all, you did insult the intelligence of town in 3, and that's what I'm refering to. Screaming 'hey, I'm town!' is an AtE. So...for the sake of argument of pulling off the AtE, I don't retract that argument.

I don't retract my argument to four, because it works on a WIFOMIC reasoning. A scum could declare his vote in thread while it's happening to earn free town points, and you only revealed the vote at the beginning of Day 2 after a townie was hung Day 1. It wouldn't necessarly be a huge stretch for scum to claim the vote for towncred. Also, I believe you're clever enough to pull it off.

Bluntly, just because I claimed EC Day 2 doesn't mean I'm town anymore than you advertising your secret vote in thread makes you town. You do somewhat have to approach it from motive. I think a scum motivated player had a lot to gain to claiming the secret vote when you did.

That said, I'm going to share my list of probable remaining scum.

For the Wolves: Fonz (I've already listed my reasoning), Wraith (most of Day 3 was sheeping the Fonz on why. If the Fonz is town, it's still very likely Wraith's scum), Whisper (her rather withdrawn style and her roulette of votes yesterday, more likely if Fonz is also a wolf), Bogre (his vote on sorgster kinda read like an OMGUS--sorg did have a point that you probably shouldn't be jumping on a wagon with scum on it, plus he kept his Max options open without acutally voting)

Other scum: DX (the AJ flip didn't change this. He's pretty damn scummy).

I'm going to be really blunt. One of my townflips flipped yesterday, and a lot of you are floating along in a sea of null. I don't have strong feelings about sorg or BB, for example.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK, here's the responses. Also, I'd like to point out, I didn't IGNORE these questions either: Day ended before I could reply, and by the time day started, I'd moved on.

So you read his [Alabaska] response to my [PV] original post. What are your thoughts on my original post?

I thought it was scummy. BBM had a reason for claiming.

In post 852, PeregrineV wrote:
Then lets go back to this.

1. So out of a team of 3-4 people, they all just "forgot"? Likelihood= very very small.
2. So out of 21-22 choices, those 3 or 4 people picked the exact same player as the other 3-4 people? Likelihood= very very small.
3. Maybe. So I speculated that one of the teams RBed the kill, and are now trying to lynch that roleblocked player.
What do you think about that?
You speculate that one of the teams hit a bulletproof. If that was true, how would they think to kill him? By lynching. Which means the wagons are more than random; there is something behind them.
What are your thoughts on that?

1) Occurs far more often than you're giving credence to. Usually, the scumgroup asks one player to PM the kill, and then he goes and gets lunch or something and it slips his mind he was supposed to do the scumkill.

2) The likelihood of the two scumgroups targeting the same player as each other is statistically greater than that of a successful doc protect. Think about it, in both cases you're looking at two distinct entities targeting the same other player. For the doctor, he is choosing from a field of everyone but himself. The two scumgroups are choosing from fields of everyone but their own members. Because there are more scum than there are doctors, therefore, a double kill is actually MORE likely than a doc protect. Don't believe me? Look back at the records of large multigroup scum games. Double kills probably happen, and i'm slightly pulling this out of my ass, about once every other game. MoI is a player known for his ability to, at the very least, SOUND reasonable, so it would make perfect sense for him to be double-killed.

3) and perhaps 4) although you don't mark it. To these, I say, so fucking what? Let's assume for a second scum hit a bulletproof. How would they tell the difference between that and a doc protect? Or, assume that they RBed someone or did somehow know the target wasn't protected (let's say, they killed a VI or something). And how would scum pushing this kind of lynch look any different to town pushing a lynch of someone they suspected? And this is why your little speculation looked like fake scumhunting. You make an assumption of a specific explanation for the nightkill. As a result of that, you make an assumption about how scum might behave. From that, you narrow down to the eight people who are voting on wagons that there might be scum in them. (Brilliant). You then seem to, basically, pull out of your ass two specific names of people who you decide might be scum. Your question was essentially: this is what I think happened, what do you think?

My answer: your thought process there is basically, unwarranted assumption, unwarranted assumption, massive indiscriminate FOS on anyone voting, seemingly baseless singling-out of two players.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:00 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@GW: the timing of your "I found a wolf" thing was a little late in my opinion. Were there crumbs you gave earlier or anything significant I may have missed?

I've been had some weird vibes from OS yesterday, so I am going to look at him today. Peregrine's argument may have some truth behind it. Fonz certainly isn't in the best position after the flips of jackalope and maxous, but his defense (thus far) is a positive/townish response.

I think we should still be careful not to let Otolia and BBmolla slip under the radar today.
Yesterday's flip makes me think sorgster is town.

anyways, I am going to hold off voting until I consider whose scummier than who and hear from suspects.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

The Fonz wrote:OK, here's the responses. Also, I'd like to point out, I didn't IGNORE these questions either: Day ended before I could reply, and by the time day started, I'd moved on.

So you read his [Alabaska] response to my [PV] original post. What are your thoughts on my original post?

I thought it was scummy. BBM had a reason for claiming.

In post 852, PeregrineV wrote:
Then lets go back to this.

1. So out of a team of 3-4 people, they all just "forgot"? Likelihood= very very small.
2. So out of 21-22 choices, those 3 or 4 people picked the exact same player as the other 3-4 people? Likelihood= very very small.
3. Maybe. So I speculated that one of the teams RBed the kill, and are now trying to lynch that roleblocked player.
What do you think about that?
You speculate that one of the teams hit a bulletproof. If that was true, how would they think to kill him? By lynching. Which means the wagons are more than random; there is something behind them.
What are your thoughts on that?

1) Occurs far more often than you're giving credence to. Usually, the scumgroup asks one player to PM the kill, and then he goes and gets lunch or something and it slips his mind he was supposed to do the scumkill.

2) The likelihood of the two scumgroups targeting the same player as each other is statistically greater than that of a successful doc protect. Think about it, in both cases you're looking at two distinct entities targeting the same other player. For the doctor, he is choosing from a field of everyone but himself. The two scumgroups are choosing from fields of everyone but their own members. Because there are more scum than there are doctors, therefore, a double kill is actually MORE likely than a doc protect. Don't believe me? Look back at the records of large multigroup scum games. Double kills probably happen, and i'm slightly pulling this out of my ass, about once every other game. MoI is a player known for his ability to, at the very least, SOUND reasonable, so it would make perfect sense for him to be double-killed.

3) and perhaps 4) although you don't mark it. To these, I say, so fucking what? Let's assume for a second scum hit a bulletproof. How would they tell the difference between that and a doc protect? Or, assume that they RBed someone or did somehow know the target wasn't protected (let's say, they killed a VI or something). And how would scum pushing this kind of lynch look any different to town pushing a lynch of someone they suspected? And this is why your little speculation looked like fake scumhunting. You make an assumption of a specific explanation for the nightkill. As a result of that, you make an assumption about how scum might behave. From that, you narrow down to the eight people who are voting on wagons that there might be scum in them. (Brilliant). You then seem to, basically, pull out of your ass two specific names of people who you decide might be scum. Your question was essentially: this is what I think happened, what do you think?

My answer: your thought process there is basically, unwarranted assumption, unwarranted assumption, massive indiscriminate FOS on anyone voting, seemingly baseless singling-out of two players.
Yeah, it looks like no one forgot last night, and both scum teams didn't pick the same person. What are the odds?

@Toasty- Why would Sorgster be town if Oversoul is suspicious? Do you think Sorgster didn't bother going back and checking the votes on him to see if he was ACTUALLY lynched, and just took someone's word for it? Regardless of alignment, who would do that?
I'm suspicious the whole thing was orchestrated. And when I pushed Sorgster with "yeah your dead do your town duty", was his response sincere?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1185, Ghostlin wrote:Let's put 1 and 2 aside for a second, although as an quick addendum to 1; I will say it's about a 1000x times less accurate to claim someone of chainsawing without a flip one way or the other, and an argument you could use on anyone riding that opposing wagon.

Sure. But I was looking for an explanation of what seemed to be an overly-strong attack on the sorgster wagon with bad reasons. So my thought process was 'Well why is he so desparate to attack the Sorgster wagon, and so strongly attached to the Max one?' The most obvious explanation of that is Sorgster's his buddy. It doesn't apply to 'anyone on the opposing wagon' because no one else was spitting the venom he was at the Sorgster wagon.

First of all, you did insult the intelligence of town in 3, and that's what I'm refering to.

I didn't insult the town; I insulted you. It wasn't an accident, I was incredibly frustrated with you. You were saying what I'd done lately was scummy. Since all I'd done most recently was vote an obvscum and point out the scumminess of wsilk (albeit, I made a mistake in the process) neither of which should have given anyone at all scummy vibes since the first was clearly null and the latter clearly town-motivated.

Screaming 'hey, I'm town!' is an AtE. So...for the sake of argument of pulling off the AtE, I don't retract that argument.

No, it's not. I'm not appealing to anything, I'm venting at your utter stupidity. The single worst thing in mafia, that causes me immense frustration, the one thing that can make it not fun, is being attacked by retards with stupid reasons when I believe it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain i'm not scum. Enter you.
Do you really think I believe me calling you a retard is likely to make you more favorably disposed to me?
I called you a retard because I was angry, not for any kind of in-game advantage. People go 'X wagon is retarded' all the time.

I don't retract my argument to four, because it works on a WIFOMIC reasoning. A scum could declare his vote in thread while it's happening to earn free town points, and you only revealed the vote at the beginning of Day 2 after a townie was hung Day 1. It wouldn't necessarly be a huge stretch for scum to claim the vote for towncred. Also, I believe you're clever enough to pull it off.

No. See, this is just ridiculous. Same reasoning as why I didn't want to risk lynching a town RB. Anyone claiming a confirmable power role on day two (and I claimed pretty much immediately on replacing in) ESPECIALLY a well-known player, is just asking to be nightkilled. Secondly, a hidden scum vote is MUCH more useful to scum than one that is known about, where the town is warned of where it is, etc.

Bluntly, just because I claimed EC Day 2 doesn't mean I'm town anymore than you advertising your secret vote in thread makes you town. You do somewhat have to approach it from motive. I think a scum motivated player had a lot to gain to claiming the secret vote when you did.

Bluntly, you're wrong. One-shot vig is not a scum ability. Anyone claiming a kill they didn't perform is asking for it. Approaching it from motive, claiming it is likely to get you killed at some point. There is just no scum motive for claiming as you did, plus I have never, ever, seen a scum claim a kill in that manner. You're even dumb about your own obvtownness. Cute.

You and GW are making the classic town mistake of thinking that the person most vocally opposed to you is scum because they're loudly opposed to you. There were nine people on that Sorgster wagon. What reason is there to assume the person who put the most effort into defending it was the person who knew it was the counterwagon to scum?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1187, ToastyToast wrote:

I think we should still be careful not to let
Otolia and BBmolla
slip under the radar today.
Yesterday's flip makes me think sorgster is town.

Oh yeah, both of these players are town.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am

Post by BBmolla »

My reads are way off this game. Nice work on the werewolves folks.

GW: Is he a confirmed Wolf to you? Or is it just you think he's a wolf?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Global Warming
Global Warming
Goon
Global Warming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Global Warming »

In post 1189, The Fonz wrote:You and GW are making the classic town mistake of thinking that the person most vocally opposed to you is scum because they're loudly opposed to you. There were nine people on that Sorgster wagon. What reason is there to assume the person who put the most effort into defending it was the person who knew it was the counterwagon to scum?

All right, I actually shouldn't respond, but this line was the best line I have ever read in my history of mafiascum. This is what I call trying to discredit the ones that show suspicion on you with something that doesn't exist. People should read back for The Fonz's "defence", and come to the conclusion this is utter bull shit.

Also, I love the overflow of WIFOM Fonzie gives us.

BBmolla wrote:My reads are way off this game. Nice work on the werewolves folks.

GW: Is he a confirmed Wolf to you? Or is it just you think he's a wolf?

I am going to wait with answering this question.
Don't you think The Fonz is scummy with the things Ghostlin pointed out?

- CS
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh yeah, I didn't finish my second-to-last para properly.
-----------------------------
No. See, this is just ridiculous. Same reasoning as why I didn't want to risk lynching a town RB. Anyone claiming a confirmable power role on day two (and I claimed pretty much immediately on replacing in) ESPECIALLY a well-known player, is just asking to be nightkilled. Secondly, a hidden scum vote is MUCH more useful to scum than one that is known about, where the town is warned of where it is, etc. If it stayed hidden, I, if scum, could use it to finish off any player at L-1, getting the scum benefits both of being on and off the wagon. By declaring, I make it known where it is, and can't switch it to hammer a player i didn't suspect without outing myself really obviously.

So the WIFOM benefits of 'looking town' there just don't measure up to what the scum DV is giving up. Especially since a few people are bound to yell 'WIFOM' anyway. When someone does something that makes much more sense for town than scum, it ain't wifom. It's them being town. I mean, have you ever seen a secret scum DVer claim?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I can understand why people think there might be a link between Fonz and Max, but I'm not really feeling it here. He just doesn't feel scummy to me.

I was just re-reading Dry-Fit play, I took a closer look at how the Jack/DryFit competing wagons happened on day 2, and I really don't think they're in the same scum group. It would be really weird for both major wagons to be members of the same scum group without that group getting some kind of counterwagon going. Dry-Fit might very well be mafia (in fact, he's one of my top suspects for it), but I do not think he's a wolf with Jack and Max.

Songster is another one who looks scummy but almost certainly isn't a werewolf, based on how yesterday's wagons went.

Comments on other people, based on the max flip and re-reading his posts:

I do not believe DavidX is werewolf scum. Looking at post 567 of Max's, it looks like he was trying to get David X lynched instead of Jack. Max did later give up and bus Jack, but 567 would be a really odd post to make if both Jack and DavidX were buddies of his. For reference, this is key part of the post:

In post 567, Maxous wrote:Done, and I will support lynches on DX and Jack.

With Jack - I don't have too much of a problem with his reads thing but too much focus has been on the defensive, not enough scumhunting for my liking.

DX has been way too cautious in this game for my liking. Even the way he put the vote in IceGuy he made 2 posts beforehand explaining how he was voting because that was in the best interests of the town(i will vote how the town directs me to). Seems nervous to do something that might bring suspicion on him (like the did'nt wanna vote hop earlier)

My biggest wolf suspect right now is probably PeregrineV. He really never commented on the Jack wagon at all, while also staying off the Dry-Fit wagon, just trying to wagon BB all day instead. He then never really defended or attacked Max for nearly the whole day yesterday, basically ignoring the whole thing, until right at the end of the day he joined the bandwagon without explination. I really think there's a high chance he's one of the werewolves.

Vote:PeregrineV

It's harder to guess who the mafia are, since we don't have any links as far as that goes, but Dry-Fit is my strongest suspect for mafia right now. My best guess would actually be that one of the major counterwagons to the wolves we lynched was on a mafia member; the Jack wagon, especially, felt like it went easier then I'd usually expect a scum wagon to go, which might mean that the other scum group was pushing it. Also he just seems quite scummy generally, while being probably not wolf, which makes him by implication more likely to be mafia.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yos, what do you make of Sorgster's 'Oh, I'm lynched, I was town' thing? I've seen scum fake that, but that was a considerably better player than Sorg, and it was the lynched player himself making the claim of him being dead, as opposed to another player. I'm really not buying the conspiracy theory which would require whispersilk to be in on it.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:59 am

Post by whispersilk »

I will have very limited access for the next two days as I've just moved, and the internet is not set up in my new place yet, but I will post as and when I have access.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by sorgster »

Vote oto
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1195, The Fonz wrote:Yos, what do you make of Sorgster's 'Oh, I'm lynched, I was town' thing? I've seen scum fake that, but that was a considerably better player than Sorg, and it was the lynched player himself making the claim of him being dead, as opposed to another player. I'm really not buying the conspiracy theory which would require whispersilk to be in on it.

Eh, I don't usually read to much into that kind of thing, it is really easy to fake (I, personally, always recommend that scum keep pretending to be town until the moment the mod actually announces the lynch and closes the thread). I will say that that comment seemed plausible the way she made it, and I'm not really interested in running Songster up today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I'm not sure I buy peregrine as wolf. He's scummy, but he strikes me as more likely mafia. As I said before, I don't see a wolf partner bussing Max but not Jak, it makes little sense, and he didn't join the Max wagon in some kind of late, piling-on manner: two players had just voted Sorgster to break the tie and take it to 8-6 Sorgster, then PV votes Max, and Sorgster follows him onto Max to restore parity. That was a pretty critical point in the day to vote Max. If he'd gone for Sorgster, then Sorgster would probably have been lynched before GW was able to claim his info.

So I think either he or DF are more likely to be mafia, and DF is simply the scummier of the two. The way he acted D2 once the heat was off speaks volumes.

Vote: Dry Fit

Will secret it as well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”