NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Zel1nk what do you think of the game?

I find it funny that Beck on V/LA makes more posts than most people on normal mode. Dude do you make like 40 posts a day?

While I can't agree with Beck's point 1 on Pine because that would be hypocritical, the next two points of post 2194 are valid ones imo.

FoS Pine
coming back after a 3 year break.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Beck »

It says I average 22.22 posts a day :D
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Beck »

And lol, vijay just admits he isn't scum hunting so he can't agree with my point on pine. That's classic
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 2120, iamausername wrote:I guess I need to read this thread now. Damn.

I am working on this, fyi, but you've seen this game, it's gonna take a while. And I don't want to spam the thread up even worse by posting half formed thoughts. It'll totally be worth it in the end, promise (maybe).
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Pine »

@vijay: Point 1 of 2194 is laughably and blatantly false. Examples abound of why it is ridiculous.

Point 2 is purely opinion, and therefore cannot really be contended. I reacted as I reacted, and I am Town, therefore it is wrong. Without seeing my role PM or flip, there is little I can do to directly combat Beck's opinion save through actions, and I feel I am doing that on a regular basis.

Point 3 is also false. At no point on Day One did I ever have a Town opinion of Funky. This morning when it first came up, I reviewed my significant interactions with and opinions on Funky from thread start to the motive slip. Here are my notes:

Pre-550: The cases on Funky up to this point were utter bullshit, consisting almost entirely of calling him out for lurking. At that point in Day One, lurkerhunting is not a valid strategy, and he'd only posted four times, none of which had any real content in either direction.
550: I jokingly said Funky could be Town "for now", because I immediately recognized his vig claim as a jest, and was amused by the idiots jumping all over it.
638: Called Funky out for scummy hypocrisy and going out of his way to label himself Town. Dropped my objections to the wagon on Funky.
823: Supported bvoigt in calling Funky out for dodging legitimate questions directed at him.
859: Broke my silence at Beck to point out his idiocy for clearing Funky based on poor logic.
861: Clarified my position on Funky as reading him to be neutral-scummy. Again declared the active cases against him to be poorly-crafted, with the stipulation that Funky was failing to redeem earlier suspicions.

That is the sum total of my opinions on Funky from Day One. Starting with 2124 and the motives-slip I found there, I started putting it all together, rereading and recalling the small things that got lost in the giant pile of nonsense that was Day One. There is a cohesive case against Funky, and at no point have I held any strong opinion of him higher than "Neutral". Since the high point of 550, he has steadily worked his way downward, and my ISO will prove it.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count Numero Dos

funkybike1 (3): theamatuer, Pine, Maxous
ScreamingHawk (2): ZeL1Nk, vijay2vasandani
Pine (3): Revenus, sorgster, Beck
Velzanath (1): Zdenek

Not voting (10): ThAdmiral, toxic8e8op, Shattered Viewpoint, popsofctown, funkybike1, Sky, iamausename, bvoigt

WITH NINETEEN ALIVE, IT'S TEN TO LYNCH.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 25TH @ 11PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by bvoigt »

In post 2202, Beck wrote:And lol, vijay just admits he isn't scum hunting so he can't agree with my point on pine. That's classic

Yep, he's scum too.

VOTE: Revenus

I thought I'd done this already.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Unvote
Vote Pine
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 2041, Pine wrote:God DAMN do I hate when scum gives up when they've still got a chance. It's just bad sportsmanship. Like when you're playing a board game with someone (Risk or Stratego come to mind for this simile) and they eventually decide to quit when you get a little ahead. NOT THE POINT. Idiot. Whatever.

And if he's Town doing some retarded gambit, he's going on a blacklist so dark it'll be blurple.

PE: *twitch* "Longest" is already a superlative. Learn English more better.

Pine, what is town motivation behind this?

Scum gives up, I'm celebrating, not saying OH NO.

Now if you are scum and know he is lying, your reaction actually makes sense.

Additionally, right before slandaar admitting he was scum, zde made a huge case on you which I feel got over looked cause of slandaar's stupid behavior. I'd like you to defend yourself against that post, id also request that your defense not include any words that imply zde is stupid or anything remotely close to that.

You and rev have this weird thing of insulting people, instead of just proving people wrong.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Velazanth »

Sorry for not posting in a while, my macbook just got jacked... Posting from my phone/roomates.computer till the build is updated. I feel as if Pines posts are manipulative. Ill elaborate further when I get to a desktop, but I first started watching him closer after I saw Faraday's "leaning scum" suspicion.

VOTE: Pine for your Day 1 % of total thread post, using numbers to manipulate the town. Its the scummiest thing ive seen so far.

Beck is still the towniest of the town.
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by theamatuer »

yes because we are the 99%.
LOL
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by theamatuer »

btw I support a Pine lynch to some degree. He's around null-scum for me
Its just whatever
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 pm

In post 2202, Beck wrote:And lol, vijay just admits he isn't scum hunting so he can't agree with my point on pine. That's classic

*sigh* I joke guys. But yeah, I am not afraid to say that I haven't been scumhunting to the extent that some people have. So bite me. XD

And Pine you dismissing Beck's point 2 as an opinion is kinda dumb. Of course it is. Mafia is based on opinions you try to show people. The only facts you have as town are your role pm, dead people's flips and investigation results. That just seems like something scum would say because scum are privy to a lot more facts than town.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 2208, Beck wrote:
In post 2041, Pine wrote:God DAMN do I hate when scum gives up when they've still got a chance. It's just bad sportsmanship. Like when you're playing a board game with someone (Risk or Stratego come to mind for this simile) and they eventually decide to quit when you get a little ahead. NOT THE POINT. Idiot. Whatever.

And if he's Town doing some retarded gambit, he's going on a blacklist so dark it'll be blurple.

Additionally, right before slandaar admitting he was scum, zde made a huge case on you which I feel got over looked cause of slandaar's stupid behavior. I'd like you to defend yourself against that post, id also request that your defense not include any words that imply zde is stupid or anything remotely close to that.

You and rev have this weird thing of insulting people, instead of just proving people wrong.

Where is the scum motivation? If he's a member of the sole scumteam, he's happy to have secured a mislynch. If he's on of one of two scumteams (or SK), he's happy to have one of the members of the other team gone.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:19 am

In post 2213, bvoigt wrote:
In post 2208, Beck wrote:

Where is the scum motivation? If he's a member of the sole scumteam, he's happy to have secured a mislynch. If he's on of one of two scumteams (or SK), he's happy to have one of the members of the other team gone.

Are you seriously asking? That comment works to subconsciously implant Pine as town on the readers of that comment. If the outrage or anger at Slandaar for giving up didn't seem feigned he would come off as a passionate townie. Also as scum, he would know that Slandaar was pulling a stupid gambit so "blacklisting" somebody who played so anti-town with that comment only serves to further cement him as a passionate and caring townie.

If he was town, his outrage would have sounded genuine. Rather the post sounds constructed and forced.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Pine »

Are you high? There's not alignment motivation behind it whatsoever, Town or scum. As a
player
, I was insulted by Slandaar's amateurish conduct. I recognized right away that regardless of his alignment, he
ruined
at least part of a game that I've spent hours of my life on. Either he was Town and about to get modkilled, therefore destroying his chances to have any kind of positive impact on the game, or he was scum and had possibly outed a buddy and made our victory a hollow one.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Beck »

Basically what vijay said.

If he is scum, he has to act town. So the scum motivation to sound town usually comes off as forced.

I played a game where I was scum and town admitted he was scum. My first instinct was to post some huge post to earn town cred, I decided to not say anything and just vote.

I did throw a comment in later saying something about the mod appreciating him fucking up his game, cause it sounded townie IMO. It was obvious a fake reaction cause inside I was thinking WOO HOO. (I can link the game if need be)

Pine has contributed nothing valuable to this game (IN MY OPINION)

If anyone besides pine disagrees, please point to something.

Also, my experience with the poll that he started, i played in a game where scum did that.

What better to use a poll to decide a lynch, that way he can turn it and say "see everyone wanted him lynched"

The problem with polls is that it isn't scum hunting and it let's scum slip by without posting reasons for their case.

If I'm wrong here, somebody besides pine explain where I'm flawed.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Beck »

In post 2215, Pine wrote:Are you high? There's not alignment motivation behind it whatsoever, Town or scum. As a
player
, I was insulted by Slandaar's amateurish conduct. I recognized right away that regardless of his alignment, he
ruined
at least part of a game that I've spent hours of my life on. Either he was Town and about to get modkilled, therefore destroying his chances to have any kind of positive impact on the game, or he was scum and had possibly outed a buddy and made our victory a hollow one.

Guess we have to wait til end game to know if this is a truthful statement.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 2195, funkybike1 wrote:If you push a lynch on someone you say is town, there is no excuse.

When you're lynched - this is why.

In post 2200, vijay2vasandani wrote:Zel1nk what do you think of the game?

Odd.
Why did you ask this?

In post 2209, Velazanth wrote: I feel as if Pines posts are manipulative. Ill elaborate further when I get to a desktop, but I first started watching him closer after I saw Faraday's "leaning scum" suspicion.

VOTE: Pine for your Day 1 % of total thread post, using numbers to manipulate the town. Its the scummiest thing ive seen so far.

..What?
Can you link to this post you are talking about and explain how he is manipulating or is scummy for it..whatever.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1887, Pine wrote:Math for shits and giggles:

Beck+Slandaar+Revenus
469+226+224=919 posts=48.67% of the thread

There are 22 players.

In short:

Shut the hell up you spammy bastards.

He's talking about this post. Wherein I use math to manipulate the Town into telling the spammers to shut the hell up.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Beck »

Which is the pot calling the kettle black, mr. "I have the 4th largest post count but I'm not a spammy bastard"
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Beck »

4th largest post count and yet not a single solid example of scum hunting. Tsk tsk.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Beck »

Btw pine, still waiting on you to do this. You are not off the hook from defending yourself from zde's case on you.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine gets way too much of an increase in readability from other flips to
actually
lynch him today. We need to look elsewhere. Do you have any partners in mind for Pine, beck?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Zdenek »

Pops and pine are buddies.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.