New York 138: OxyMoron Mafia :: Game Over!

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by redFF »

if that was posted by anyone else...
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nobody Special wrote:I just have to say, I've never seen mastin at a loss for words.
Well, as you can clearly tell, words still come to me. It's just that they're not the ones I NEED. :P

Thor wrote:@Mastin - no, I don't trust you.
Don't trust that I can win in lylo, or don't trust that I'm town? (I'm assuming the two are mutually exclusive. :P)

I need to know.

red wrote:what in the actual fuck
Might as well ask it towards you as well, red.
Do you trust me?

In the same way I need to know from Thor,
Do you trust me to win in lylo?
Do you trust that I'm town?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1996, mastin2 wrote:Like I said. It's...
I have...no words to describe it.
It's like I know who the serial killer is...and have that image in my mind, but...
...That I can't accept it.

As if it's something which logically makes sense, but which I can't wrap my head around. Like something which I should be following, but...don't want to. That I know who it is, yet...have a doubt about it.

I wish I could describe it. But I...really can't. It's like I said. If redFF is lynched and flips town, I'm quite sure my doubt will be removed. It's just that...well...I can't really voice it.

Call it logic versus gut if you must. Logically, I have a clear picture, and have predicted exactly how things will play out. But...this...
...whatever it is...
...Makes me not want to follow it.

I know it doesn't make sense. But...it's the way things are. Sorry that I can't explain it better. It's...a concept I'm not sure how to communicate.

In post 1997, redFF wrote:what in the actual fuck

Are you saying that logically redFF is the SK? Or that someone else is the SK? Mastin, at this point, any information is vital as the SK is just going to kill people with more and more information in order to hinder us.

How would lynching redFF ease your mind if he turns ups scum? Are you saying there are associative tells between two people? I am having a hard time following.

Quite frankly, this play being paranoid and asking people if they trust you looks like you are setting up for a gambit later in the game. I trust you Mastin, but you are undermining your own credibility with the other players.

I have scumtells for everyone on my list...

I've already listed yours, and I've already listed redFF's earlier in the thread.

One for Empking is his constant plea to vote Thor. A clever SK would know that calling someone who is obviously not scum, scum for having more information on an unoutted powerrole would surely force the unclaimed and unoutted power role to claim to prevent a lynch on obvious town.

This game... fucking HATE SKs.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2002, Oversoul wrote:One for Empking is his constant plea to vote Thor. A clever SK would know that calling someone who is obviously not scum, scum for having more information on an unoutted powerrole would surely force the unclaimed and unoutted power role to claim to prevent a lynch on obvious town.

He was obviously not scum from your POV because you were hiding the Tracker.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2003, Empking wrote:
In post 2002, Oversoul wrote:One for Empking is his constant plea to vote Thor. A clever SK would know that calling someone who is obviously not scum, scum for having more information on an unoutted powerrole would surely force the unclaimed and unoutted power role to claim to prevent a lynch on obvious town.

I know that. I never thought that Thor was scum, I thought your constant "Thor is scum because there obviously is not a tracker" was a gambit because you knew the tracker would not let a confirmed town be lynch simply because they (the tracker) hasn't claimed.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2004, Oversoul wrote:

I know that. I never thought that Thor was scum, I thought your constant "Thor is scum because there obviously is not a tracker" was a gambit because you knew the tracker would not let a confirmed town be lynch simply because they (the tracker) hasn't claimed.

Yes but you can't hold the fact that Thor "is obviously not scum," from your POV against me because I was not hiding the Tracker so obviously he was obviously scum to me.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 am

Post by redFF »

THIS GAME
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 am

Post by redFF »

@mastin-not really.

Do i trust you to be able to pull off a win in LYLO? yes

Do I trust that you are town? no
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Mastin - town - no, everything else follows from that. With it being you I could still see this gak coming from town, but this is anti-town play and if it was 80% of other players I'd be voting them already.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2005, Empking wrote:

Yes but you can't hold the fact that Thor "is obviously not scum," from your POV against me because I was not hiding the Tracker so obviously he was obviously scum to me.

Or that is what you want us to think so that it justifies your rolefishing and scum calling accusations. WIFOM surrounds that entire situation.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oversoul wrote:Are you saying that logically redFF is the SK? Or that someone else is the SK?
Logically, redFF does not fit as well. The problem is...I keep on looking at him. And seeing how it looks like...well, that he COULD be the SK. How I could be wrong. How I want to be wrong and how it's him. It's exactly as I said. How logically, it seems like it's not him. But how...I can't accept who it'd be if it isn't him.

Arg. This makes less and less sense the more I try to explain it.

Mastin, at this point, any information is vital as the SK is just going to kill people with more and more information in order to hinder us.
Way I see it? We lynch redFF; he's town. The SK kills me out of fear that I might actually know who he is. (Adding yet another game to the list of me-NK'd pile. :P) Leaving confirmed town Thor alive in 4P mylo, so no need to no-lynch. And Thor--being the smart guy he is--can try to deduce logically who the serial killer is. Both from my posts, and from looking at certain things. And from those things, he'll probably reach the same conclusion I did, only without the doubt that I'm feeling.

We lynch redFF; he's town. The SK kills Thor, leaving me alive in 4P mylo. It's theoretically possible that in doing a no-lynch, I would be NK'd, but not only do I find that doubtful (especially given the amount of suspicion I am under--just like Sexy Sedilla), I could theoretically place 'crumbs in a worst-case scenario which'd allow the two town players to know who I thought the SK is.

We lynch redFF; he's NOT town. Then either the game's over, or my whole basis for my SK theory is shot out of the water and I was completely wrong about everything.

It's the last one which is giving me so much trouble. I can't shake it. The "what if I'm wrong?" feeling. What if I made a mistake in my calculation? What if my entire theory is based off of a lie? It's that what if that is giving me so much trouble. What if redFF is the SK? What if redFF isn't the SK, but isn't town, either? (Hidden mafia.) What if...
...And so on. I'm sorry; I really wish I could explain it better. It's like I said before. redFF's a wild-card. If he's town like I think, then all my doubt is removed. I know that nothing other than my theory could be correct. I know for a fact that I'm on to something. I know for a fact what I need to do.

If he's not...then everything I thought I knew was wrong. Everything I thought I needed to do turns out to be exactly what the scum want me to do.

Does that explain it better? The concept I'm trying to convey?

Arg. It shouldn't be this hard for me to explain. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am

Post by redFF »

well im not SK lol
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Nobody Special »

mastin, from what I know about you, you don't have this much trouble pointing fingers. It's almost like you're trying to draw out the SK and make them slip (which, while a valid exercise, just isn't your style).

Why the change? Like I said before, this isn't the mastin I know and love.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 am

Post by redFF »

mastin or emp is the sk. I'm unsure of who.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Personally, of the two, I was leaning toward Emp until mastin's last few posts. Now, I just don't know. ::frustrated::
....what?

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 am

Post by redFF »

whaddya think about me?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Well, as I said here, by PoE you're today's lynch. Obv I could be wrong; mastin's behavior is moving him down and (therefore) you up, slightly.

mastin: again, why the change in style?
....what?

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 am

Post by redFF »

mastin's bullshit is bullshit, but it strikes me as odd considering if he was sk he could very easily ride out mine and emp's mislynch to win the game.

so i think he's town.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nobody Special wrote:mastin, from what I know about you, you don't have this much trouble pointing fingers.
I know.

But I've explained it as best as I can.

I can't say it.
Normally, I'd have confidence. And logically, I should be following what I know the evidence is telling me. No hesitation.

...But for
this
?
...I can't do that. It's like I said. It's sort-of Sexy Sedilla, only...inverted. Instead of being mortified at being wrong about a scumread (Ludi), I'm horrified at the possibility of being right about this SK-read.

I can't say it any better than that. I really can't; this is a new feeling for me. I've never had it before, and quite frankly, I never want to have it again.

NS wrote:It's almost like you're trying to draw out the SK and make them slip (which, while a valid exercise, just isn't your style).
Close but not quite. Nothing the SK could say would make them any more or less suspect in my mind. It's more like what the SK will DO.

It's...frustrating. To no end. Not being able to express it. To have something which is...not something I am familiar with, not something I am comfortable with, but which I have nonetheless. I've never been here before. And...well, it sucks.
My academy.
Agnigi
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am

Post by redFF »

so please, if you guys do lynch me, lynch empking tommorow.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2018, mastin2 wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:mastin, from what I know about you, you don't have this much trouble pointing fingers.
I know.

I can't say it.
Normally, I'd have confidence. And logically, I should be following what I know the evidence is telling me. No hesitation.

...But for
this
?
...I can't do that. It's like I said. It's sort-of Sexy Sedilla, only...inverted. Instead of being mortified at being wrong about a scumread (Ludi), I'm horrified at the possibility of being right about this SK-read.

I can't say it any better than that. I really can't; this is a new feeling for me. I've never had it before, and quite frankly, I never want to have it again.

NS wrote:It's almost like you're trying to draw out the SK and make them slip (which, while a valid exercise, just isn't your style).
Close but not quite. Nothing the SK could say would make them any more or less suspect in my mind. It's more like what the SK will DO.

It's...frustrating. To no end. Not being able to express it. To have something which is...not something I am familiar with, not something I am comfortable with, but which I have nonetheless. I've never been here before. And...well, it sucks.

The fuck? Just tell us who you think the SK is and we will lynch him.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

Post by redFF »

In post 2020, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2018, mastin2 wrote:
I know.

I can't say it.

...But for
this
?

The fuck? Just tell us who you think the SK is and we will lynch him.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not sure what's funnier, mastin's strategy or the fact it apparently works.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Empking »

In post 2009, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2005, Empking wrote:

Or that is what you want us to think so that it justifies your rolefishing and scum calling accusations. WIFOM surrounds that entire situation.

No. No. No.

You think I'm secretly a Neighbour who knew Evil's role?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay, was thinking about this overnight, and it just doesn't make ANY SENSE.

mastin, if you're SO SURE you know who the SK is, even if you can't articulate why you know, why are you letting us mislynch redFF? Why not just come out and say who you think the SK is, and we'll (mis)lynch them instead? I am seriously not following your logic of mislynching anyway if you're
so sure
it's not redFF.

Walk me through this one, please?
....what?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”