Nomic! GAME ON! (Last Update - Page 10)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

After careful consideration, I am leaving this game.

I feel my reasons are likely quite clear.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Drench »

well
join your union
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 am

Post by cg5 »

Yea C62

Abstain on anything I haven't voted on

Currently the rules give no way for a player to remove himself from the player list, so for NS' sake:

Proposition C63: A player may leave the game by posting "/out" in bold. The player is then removed from the player list. Any votes made by the leaving player are removed. Propositions made by the leaving player which are still being voted on are
not
removed.

(expired on 2011-11-19 09:16:31)
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 am

Post by JDGA »

Vote YAY Proposition C63
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Packbat »

Vote yay Proposition C63

What I find most interesting about it is that it seems to leave open the option of re-/in-ing.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:18 am

Post by theamatuer »

yay to 63
Its just whatever
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Packbat »

In post 327, cg5 wrote:Currently the rules give no way for a player to remove himself from the player list [...]

Technically, this isn't true:
A13) A player always has the option to forfeit the game rather than continue to play or incur a game penalty. No penalty worse than losing, in the judgment of the player to incur it, may be imposed.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:43 am

Post by cg5 »

True. But then he "loses" and it's unable for him to rejoin.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:45 am

Post by CSL »

As of my last post, it only takes 48 hours to vote on something, rather than a week.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Can we please please have an update? I'm waiting until I see one to vote so I know what I haven't voted on.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:58 am

Post by CSL »

C58 and C59, from what I gather in your ISO.

ani's updating Nomic because he's being a very bad co-mod, and he isn't online.

I'll be on after I eat to check if he hasn't updated it yet. If he hasn't updated, I will, then I will find someone else to help me.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 am

Post by kdowns »

Yay to C63
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:12 am

Post by CSL »

By "after I eat" i mean after dinner. >_>
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:21 am

Post by CSL »

ani told me to warn you of an incoming mega update.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

This is going to take a few hours. I've just got C40 on here.

I really should've made a limit on # on proposals up at one time....
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm just going to post what I have NOW. Drench is making me cry with the number of packages he's proposing.

C18 - Each day at 1200 UTC, if there are fewer than the maximum permissible number of items for sale in the Shop, one Jubilee will be put up for sale for 5 Coins. Whenever a Jubilee is purchased from the shop, every player receives one (1) Coin, including the purchaser.
Yays: Packbat, CSL, Xalxe, cg5, theamatuer, kdowns, gandalf5166 (7) Nays: JDGA (1)

C19 - A list of everyone's coins must be posted in the OP AND with every update posted by either co-mod, listed under the Table of Propositions.
Yays: CSL, Xalxe, cg5, theamatuer, kdowns, gandalf5166 (6) Nays: JDGA (1)

C20 - With every update, the poster must also include a list of players seeking entry and the vote tally on each.
Yays: Xalxe, theamatuer, CSL, JDGA, kdowns, gandalf5166 (6)

C21 - If a Proposition passes unanimously, the Proposer shall receive n/10 coins, n being the total sum of all coins currently in circulation.
Yays: Xalxe, cg5, theamatuer, kdowns (4) Nays: JDGA, Packbat, Drench, CSL, gandalf5166 (5)

C22 - Jubilees may be replaced via Proposition.
Yays: Drench, Xalxe, cg5, theamatuer, CSL, JDGA, kdowns, gandalf5166 (8)

C23 (Package 1) - The following items are hereby placed in the Shop, with ONE (1) of each being available. Once an item is bought, it is removed from the Shop.

Speaker's Gavel - Allows the privilege of a casting vote should there be a tie. Only two uses. Cost determined by C25 of this Package. If C25 of this Package does not pass, the cost of the Speaker's Gavel is TEN (10) coins.
Pencil - Allows a double vote. Only one use. Cost determined by C25 of this Package. If C25 of this Package does not pass, the cost of the Pencil is TWELVE (12) coins.
Eraser - Allows the deletion of a Rule. Only one use. May only be used on C Rules. Any player may, after the usage of a Eraser, protest the deletion. If 80% of the player list concur, the Rule is reinstated. Cost determined by C25 of this Package. If C25 of this Package does not pass, the cost of the Eraser is THIRTY (30) coins.
Yays: Drench, theamatuer, CSL, JDGA, kdowns, gandalf5166 (6) Nays: Xalxe, cg5, Packbat (3)

C24 (Package 1) - he following positions are hereby offered in the shop, with ONE (1) of each being available. Once a position is acquired, it is removed from the Shop.

Usher of the Black Rod - The Usher of the Black Rod has the power of Prohibition. They may prohibit the use of any item or power for a named length of time between ZERO (0) and SEVENTY TWO (72) hours from their announcement. The prohibition must be performed in thread and in bold. The Usher of the Black Rod may only invoke Prohibition ONCE (1). Cost determined by C25 of this Package. If C25 of this Package does not pass, the cost of the Position of the Usher of the Black Rod is TWENTY FIVE (25) coins.
Chief Justice - The Chief Justice has the power of Judging. They may assume the position of a Judge for a current dispute at any time, at which point their duty is followed as per the rules for Judging. The assumption of the role of the Judge must be performed in thread and in bold. The Chief Justice may only invoke Judging ONCE (1). Cost determined by C25 of this Package. If C25 of this Package does not pass, the cost of the Position of the Chief Justice is THIRTY FIVE (35) coins.
Yays: Drench, theamatuer, CSL, JDGA, kdowns, gandalf5166 (6) Nays: Xalxe, cg5, Packbat (3)

C25 (Package 1) - Whenever someone wishes to purchase from the Shop, they must declare their intent to Purchase. Once they have done so, a silent auction begins, during which any interested parties may submit, in secret, the highest bid they are willing to pay. This must be PM'd to the Moderator. Once 24 hours have passed, the price is set as n+1, n being the second highest bid, and the highest bidder's coin amount shall have this deducted. In the case of a tie, unless otherwise stated, nobody wins the item. If a Shop good is auctioned twice and is still not sold, it is removed

C26 (Package 1) - All possessions of each player must be listed in the OP at all times.

C27 (Package 1)- There will be a two week delay between the passing of this Package and its implementation, to allow for any Amendments via Proposition. This delay can be ended by majority vote via Proposition.

C28 - One week following the passing of this Proposition, a three-member Parliament must be elected. All players must submit to the Mod a list of all current players, with the most preferred candidate at the top and the least preferred at the bottom. Once all votes are received or a week passes, the votes are counted using the Meek method of the Single Transferable Vote with a Droop quota. The first three candidates to achieve a Quota are elected to the Parliament, where each will serve one week terms of President, rotating from first through to third. The role of the Parliament may be decided by Proposition. At no point may the Parliament be a chokepoint for any deliberative process.
Yays: Drench, theamatuer, CSL, JDGA, Packbat, Xalxe,kdowns (7) Nays: cg5, gandalf5166 (2)

C29 - Players must give due deliberation to each Proposition, regardless of their own personal feelings.
Yays: Drench, Xalxe, theamatuer, CS, kdowns (5) Nays: cg5, JDGA, Packbat, gandalf5166 (4)

C30 (Package 2) - If this Proposition passes, Xalxe wins.
Yays: Xalxe, kdowns (2) Nays: Drench, CSL, kdowns, JDGA, theamatuer, Packbat, gandalf5166 (7)

C31 - A voter may abstain on a Proposition vote by posting "Abstain Proposition [letter][number]". This has no effect on whether that Proposition passes or fails, but counts as a vote for the purposes of Rules B5, C2 and C15.
Yays: cg5, Xalxe, CSL, kdowns, JDGA, theamatuer, Drench, gandalf5166 (8) Nays: Packbat (1)

C32 – If a Proposition passes unanimously, the Proposer shall receive n/10 coins,
n being the total sum of all coins currently in circulation. If the result is a fraction, the total reward shall be rounded to the nearest number.
Yays: Drench, Packbat, CSL, Xalxe, kdowns (5) Nays; JDGA, gandalf5166 (2)

C33 - Changing a vote from YAY to NAY or vice versa does not require an unvote in between
Yays: Drench, JDGA, Packbat, CSL, Xalxe, kdowns, gandalf5166 (7)

C34 - Coins may be exchanged for points (but not vice versa) at a 1:1 exchange rate.
Yays: JDGA, Packbat, theamatuer, CSL, Xalxe, kdowns (6) Nays: Drench, gandalf5166 (2)

C35 - Editing of posts by players is henceforth illegal. Violation will result in a player being Reset.
Yays: Xalxe (1) Nays: CSL, theamatuer, gandalf5166, kdowns, JDGA (4) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:10:04)

C36 - If a player is Reset, they lose all coins, items, and any other valuables and return to the state at which they first entered the game.
Yays: Xalxe (1) Nays: CSL, theamatuer, gandalf5166, kdowns, JDGA (5) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:10:04)

C37 - Upon passage of this Proposition, all players will receive 100 coins.
Yays: Xalxe, CSL, gandalf5166 (3) Nays: theamatuer, kdowns , JDGA(3) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:10:04)

C38 - When announcing that a Proposition has passed, the Moderator must include the full text of the Proposition in the post.
Yays: Xalxe (1) Nays: CSL, theamatuer , gandalf5166, kdowns, JDGA(5) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:10:04)

C39 - Rules that have no purpose other than a one-time ability may be removed from the rules post.
Yays: Xalxe, CSL, gandalf5166, kdowns, JDGA (5) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:57:28)

C40 - Any Propositions giving a One time increase of coins are always denied, While Propositions of having to earn those coins is recommended
Yays: kdowns, theamatuer JDGA (3) Nays: gandalf5166 (1) Time left: (expired on 2011-11-13 23:02:00)

B1 - Make Rule B4 Immutable (Requires 65%)
Yays: JDGA, gandalf5166, CSL, theamatuer, kdowns (5) Nays: Xalxe, cg5 (2)

B2 - Amend B4 (Requires 65%)
Yays: Packbat, CSL, cg5, theamatuer, kdowns (5) Nays: gandalf5166, Xalxe, JDGA, Drench (4)

B3 - Amend B1 (Requires 65%)
Yays: JDGA, Drench, CSL, kdowns (4) Nays: Packbat, theamatuer, Xalxe, gandalf5166 (4)

B4 - Repeal B3 (Requires 65%)
Yays: JDGA, Packbat, theamatuer, CSL, Xalxe, kdowns, gandalf5166 (7) Nays: Drench (1)

B5 - Repeal B4 (Requires 65%)
Yays: JDGA, Packbat, theamatuer, CSL, Xalxe, kdowns (6) Nays: gandalf5166 (1)

B6 (Package 3) - To upgrade a C rule to a B rule, the rule must require at least 65% in favor of it within a reasonable time limit not exceeding seventy-two (72) hours. To upgrade a B rule to an A rule, it must require 100% in favor within a reasonable time limit not exceeding ninety-six (96) hours.
Yays: CSL,JDGA, theamatuer, kdowns, gandalf5166 (5) Nays: Xalxe (1)

B7 (Package 3) - If Proposition B6 passes, it shall be in two parts. Part a is the explanation of the rule, and part b is the fact that it cannot be mutable.
Yays: CSL,JDGA, theamatuer, kdowns, gandalf5166 (5) Nays: Xalxe (1)
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

OK, I am so lost....

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Xalxe »

Nay C40
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 342, Xalxe wrote:
Nay C40

you're the cooldog of this game
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Drench »

Proposition C64: Xalxe is the worst.

(expired on 2011-11-20 01:08:00)
join your union
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by CSL »

Yay to C40

C40 is essential...

P-Edit: Invalid. It's 48 hours and not a whole week.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Drench »

Proposition C64: Xalxe is the worst.

(expired on 2011-11-15 01:22:00)

i hope you're happy
join your union
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by theamatuer »

yay to c64
Its just whatever
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by CSL »

Yay to anything I haven't voted on, including C64

Proposition C65: If this proposition passes, Xalxe loses.

(expired on 2011-11-15 01:31:52)
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O