jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

And what point would that be.

And what would be this reason for avoiding questions?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by glowball »

In post 550, jasonT1981 wrote:And what point would that be.

And what would be this reason for avoiding questions?

My point is that you are in confirmation bias and it doesn't matter what my reason was, it won't satisfy you because you are convinced I'm scum so why waste my time?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Glowball, maybe instead of doing theis whole 'confirmation bias' and 'I won't be satisfied because I think you are scum' How about actually trying to answer the case on you for being scum, instead of avoiding everything and playing the oh woe is me crap.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 547, Vi wrote:
In post 541, VP Baltar wrote:He's been phoning it in all game, which is why I think he's scummy not just his initial bit.
And you likewise.

Try chewing on:
*how scum would know there was an SK in this game (5 scum, 16-player game, no second kill at Night)
*why scum would choose bloody
Census Taker
as a fakeclaim, and then make it without provocation
*why scum would get a Census Taker if it's not a fakeclaim
*why, if there is another killing element in the game, they would make a highly credible and generally Town claim

bullshit on me phoning it in. I've been active since this game began and I've been actively scumhunting the entire time. Spare me the tough guy routine.

In terms of selective quoting, you missed this part:
VP wrote:I'll give you that I don't see scum giving up their numbers, so it's possible I'm wrong there.

which is me saying that I see your point on the census taker even before you tried to beleaguer the point with your unnecessary bullet points.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 465, Llamarble wrote:D1 there seems to be a Jason - Qford - Sotty - Xvart thing going on in parallel to Lew-thing.People who took no interest in one / the other are POIs.

In post 494, Llamarble wrote:The Quilford-Sotty-Xvart-VP-Jason thing was much more interesting than the actual lynch.

Could you explain the "thing" and why VP Baltar got involved in it ex post facto?

I'd appreciate an explanation from Cogito Ergo Sum about the governing thing.

Also, what question of Sotty7 did glowball avoid? I missed that somewhere...

VOTE: Ghostlin
Because he's scummier than either VP Baltar or Llamarble.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

It was VP question, not Sotty. My mistake on that.

In post 548, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 542, glowball wrote:
In post 528, VP Baltar wrote:

Glowball - tell me about things other than Jason please.

Well, I had dinner with my family last night it was pretty awesome. I mean what would you like me to tell you? This question is lame. Be specific, and tbh I am still sorting out my reads but I don't think to highly of you if that is what you are looking for.

In post 544, glowball wrote:So you want... reads? I have none worth sharing at this point. I'll let you know when I do.

Fluff and pointless posting. Avoidign questions and so far into this game still without reads or reasons for them Completly avoided Sottys question and danced around it with non game related stuff then so far into the game nothing worth sharing?

Yea, you're not town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

catch up tomorrow unless I wake up a little because i'm tired as fuck

sorry
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by glowball »

hahahahahaha, I avoided a Sotty question as well, good to know you're paying attention >_>

Anyway, JasonT there is no case to answer. You've fabricated a connection between Llam and myself that is your whole case.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Back from V/LA, will catch up on the day ASAP.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Starting from the top of the day, of the two names Sotty mentioned I think UT is the scummier of them because his play has been more “normal”. Normal/boring is scummier in my book than bad/weird.

~~

Jason trying to make connections without flips is horrible play; even worse it seems like those are the reasons he’s voting for llamamarble.

~~

In post 528, VP Baltar wrote:
Vi wrote:Hm...

I'll drink this Kool-Aid and see what happens.

Vote: VP Baltar (L-6)

*waits for DDD and Sotty to make their pass as well*

I usually give you, Sotty, and Vi and the rest of our Kliq too much space to work, not too little. If you’re getting bricks thrown at you, you probably deserve it.

~~

Oh and Vi’s defense of Quilford’s claim as only a town one is wrong on a couple of levels; for example “*why scum would choose bloody Census Taker as a fakeclaim, and then make it without provocation” because the information seems a lot more useful than it really is, gets the player town credit but is a role that scum wouldn’t bother killing so as scum it gets town cred for really minimal town benefit but we won’t go, “Why is Quilford still alive” on D5.

~~

VOTE: Kublai Khan

Can’t remember a single stance he’s taken all game; not good.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

He pretty strongly pushed lew as scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 554, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 465, Llamarble wrote:D1 there seems to be a Jason - Qford - Sotty - Xvart thing going on in parallel to Lew-thing.People who took no interest in one / the other are POIs.

In post 494, Llamarble wrote:The Quilford-Sotty-Xvart-VP-Jason thing was much more interesting than the actual lynch.

Could you explain the "thing" and why VP Baltar got involved in it ex post facto?

I'd appreciate an explanation from Cogito Ergo Sum about the governing thing.

Also, what question of Sotty7 did glowball avoid? I missed that somewhere...

VOTE: Ghostlin
Because he's scummier than either VP Baltar or Llamarble.

Why?

Bluntly, no one's really pointed out a case. The claimed Census Taker went, 'oh, hi, I'm the Census Taker', and then voted me, and you've said I'm scummer than VP Baltar and Llamarble with as much equally little logic.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 526, Sotty7 wrote:In post 431, Ghostlin wrote:Jason, Amrun, and CES are all very content to let a scummy player with a Vig claim, no matter how limited; do whatever he wants tonight. Noted. It's quite likely one of these players is scum.What happened to this Ghostlin?I was actually feeling iffy on Jason, but further reading has him leaning town for me, just townWRONG. The only real twitch I got was him listing a 3rd party in the big catch up post of 426. I would like him to look into Ghostlin and explain the gut scum read though.

I still think it's the case, and Quilford's census results back this up; scum would be looking for the third party (particularly if they think it's an SK) and would be happy for the easy town cred. I'm leaning towards Jason due to his glowball clusterbomb where he tries to declare her scum with another player.

If I was to choose another? CES. Depending on how you read it, the fake governor didn't really do anything for Town last night, it changed no one's mind, and would be wonderful real estate to prove how townie he was today. In fact, and I'll doublecheck the thread, I call him out for the gambit and he's not answered. He's been mute most of day two.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Quilford »

Yeah I also don't like KK, looked like he was being proactive by pushing the lew lynch but that came to very little and he's faded since, so.

Ghostlin: I'm pretty sure I voted you because your posts surrounding the lewarcher lynch yesterday seemed opportunistic in the same way that KK's did, but you were being more subtle about it
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Vi »

In post 279, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 274, Amrun wrote:
In post 268, Kublai Khan wrote:*Next Day*Lewarcher82: "Gosh, I'm still alive. I don't know what happened, Mafia must have either roleblocked me or maybe glowball was lying about her dog-claim."

a) Then we lynch him, most likely.

b) If he tried to kill dog-glowball, he would die...
I'm still not understanding why you want to give him a night of mafia-talking.
In post 1, zoraster wrote:7. Nights will have short deadlines depending on the time of week, what's convenient for the mod, etc. But don't expect to have a lot of time to decide. Scum have daytalk, so they should already be discussing.
Town-slip. Thank you and good... well, morning.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Vi »

In post 559, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Starting from the top of the day, of the two names Sotty mentioned I think UT is the scummier of them because his play has been more “normal”. Normal/boring is scummier in my book than bad/weird.
I've seen UT's scumplay. What he has done ITT doesn't look like it.

~~

Jason trying to make connections without flips is horrible play; even worse it seems like those are the reasons he’s voting for llamamarble.

~~
But is he scum?

~~

Oh and Vi’s defense of Quilford’s claim as only a town one is wrong on a couple of levels; for example “*why scum would choose bloody Census Taker as a fakeclaim, and then make it without provocation” because the information seems a lot more useful than it really is, gets the player town credit but is a role that scum wouldn’t bother killing so as scum it gets town cred for really minimal town benefit but we won’t go, “Why is Quilford still alive” on D5.

~~
Yes, but
*Census Taker is, at least right now, not a common fakeclaim -at all-
*He's freely volunteering that there's an SK in the game, which at this time does not seem like something that can be substantiated, so it IS useful information
*With an SK in the game, he has to die by one of the factions if he's not going to get lynched
and quite frankly I don't think he has been as scummy as people have been saying.

In addition to the above, you don't get to tear down my Town reads and vaguely spread suspicion on Popular Lynch Target jason without offering some Town reads yourself.

I would swap my vote over to you, but I doubt your wagon would get traction at this time. Please give me a moment and I'll write an IOU.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Quilford »

Actually, Vi, the result mentions 'third-party', not SK specifically.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Vi »

In post 566, Quilford wrote:Actually, Vi, the result mentions 'third-party', not SK specifically.
Mew?
You're right.

I don't think a Census Taker ability would be included in the game unless there was a good reason for the Town to be aware of something unorthodox being in the game...

I guess we'll just deal with it when something out-of-the-ordinary happens.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:VOTE: Kublai Khan

Can’t remember a single stance he’s taken all game; not good.

Really? Not one single stance? All game? That's really odd because I haven't been a wallflower.

@Ghostlin - You jumped on the lewarcher82 wagon for the "glowball is fishing" argument, then coasted the rest of the day by justifying it with setup arguments.

Your reasoning to jump on the Llamarble wagon is weak and looked like you were trying to groundfloor on the new big wagon. You're not coming up with original arguments against people, just picking up on other people's suspicions and echoing them more loudly as your own.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Why do I need to explain my fake governing? It's in essence just a reverse fake daykill. It probably would've worked better if lew had been active, but on the whole I think it was useful.

P.S. VP still scum.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 2 )
Quilford,
Kublai Khan,
[/color]
(L - 6 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

JasonT1981 ( 1 )
glowball,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

Kublai Khan ( 1 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

Llamarble ( 4 )
Amrun,
JasonT1981,
Ghostlin,
VP Baltar,
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 4 )
Llamarble,
Vi,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Sotty7,
[/color]
(L - 4 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
Untrod Tripod, Roxi, xvart,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 557, glowball wrote:hahahahahaha, I avoided a Sotty question as well, good to know you're paying attention >_>

You...answered my question. Or are you telling me you fed me a line of crap?

In post 562, Ghostlin wrote:I still think it's the case, and Quilford's census results back this up; scum would be looking for the third party (particularly if they think it's an SK) and would be happy for the easy town cred. I'm leaning towards Jason due to his glowball clusterbomb where he tries to declare her scum with another player.

Okay but I don't get your point. Weren't you the one talking about LewSK yesterday? How would the scum have known there was an SK on day one? If we are to believe Quilford's result, which I do, a four man scum team seems reasonable in a 16 player game give or take powers.

In post 562, Ghostlin wrote:If I was to choose another? CES. Depending on how you read it, the fake governor didn't really do anything for Town last night, it changed no one's mind, and would be wonderful real estate to prove how townie he was today. In fact, and I'll doublecheck the thread, I call him out for the gambit and he's not answered. He's been mute most of day two.

Okay, so why are you voting for Llama, a player who wasn't on this list of “there is scum here”?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 am

In post 565, Vi wrote:
In post 559, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Starting from the top of the day, of the two names Sotty mentioned I think UT is the scummier of them because his play has been more “normal”. Normal/boring is scummier in my book than bad/weird.
I've seen UT's scumplay. What he has done ITT doesn't look like it.

I didn't realize I was your waiter just here to take your orders. Will there be anything else, ma'am? (Show me why that's the case, don't just tell me that it is)

But is he scum?

Bad votes himself onto the biggest, easiest wagon, seems likely.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JasonT1981

Quilford stuff.

Look I agree it would be unorthodox play and if you're asking me if Quilford would be clever enough to set it up as a fake claim then I'd say no but that doesn't mean there's not someone on his team who didn't see the possibility and handed it off to him. In fact, four of the players in this game just played in a game where there was a modifided census taker (and I designed and ran the game) so despite VPB saying he hadn't seen a census taker before he just saw the results of one last game even as it got lost in your post restriction.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

glowball wrote:hahahahahaha, I avoided a Sotty question as well, good to know you're paying attention >_>

Anyway, JasonT there is no case to answer. You've fabricated a connection between Llam and myself that is your whole case.

Are you typically so snarky in all of your mafia games? You seem overly antagonistic anytime someone brings your name up.

DDD wrote:Starting from the top of the day, of the two names Sotty mentioned I think UT is the scummier of them because his play has been more “normal”. Normal/boring is scummier in my book than bad/weird.

What do you mean by "normal"? It seems to me that UT (at least yesterday) was giving people shit in a legitimate way. Where is your negativity toward him coming from?

Quilford wrote:Ghostlin: I'm pretty sure I voted you because your posts surrounding the lewarcher lynch yesterday seemed opportunistic in the same way that KK's did, but you were being more subtle about it

which posts from KK seemed opportunistic again?

CES wrote:Why do I need to explain my fake governing? It's in essence just a reverse fake daykill. It probably would've worked better if lew had been active, but on the whole I think it was useful.

useful in what way exactly?

DDD wrote:In fact, four of the players in this game just played in a game where there was a modifided census taker (and I designed and ran the game) so despite VPB saying he hadn't seen a census taker before he just saw the results of one last game even as it got lost in your post restriction.

Oh right. Forgot about that. Meh.

More to come after I get some coffee
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

unvote, vote:DDD

Your vote switch really just seems to come at Vi's behest. Since when are you so easily flapped?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”