NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

how many votes does sorgster have?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Revenus »

i'd rather lynch pine or theamatuer over sorgster at this point.

theama was terrible in my first game with him, and this game he is *too good*. It looks like he knows everyone's alignment in every post.

And wtf is this retarded two scum team crap. I'll believe it when I see people flip two different scum teams.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2523, ZeL1nK wrote:
thad wrote:I've decided I'm willing to settle for a theamateur lynch if needs be.

*shrug*

I'm cool with a sorg lynch, too. His posts get worse and worse and I have very little tolerance left.

We are in accord.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ sorgster: I haven't always agreed with revenus, but I think his play has often seemed like frustrated town to me. I mentioned this in 456 (but it's buried in the middle so you may have overlooked it).
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by theamatuer »

In post 2526, Revenus wrote:i'd rather lynch pine or theamatuer over sorgster at this point.

theama was terrible in my first game with him, and this game he is *too good*. It looks like he knows everyone's alignment in every post.

And wtf is this retarded two scum team crap. I'll believe it when I see people flip two different scum teams.

I said specifically that that game was crap and not how I play normally, so STFU.
and I play like everyone is town unless I feel like a person is scum, in which I treat that person as scum.
Its just whatever
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 2460, Sky wrote:I'm all for killing lurkers, except me. funky is a viable lynch. I just wanted to know why he sprung up again.

Right. Very nice. The difference is if you are town but don't give anything to town, self-preservation is bad because you just get stuck at null and when it goes down to the wire you just become a red herring.
In post 2529, theamatuer wrote:
In post 2526, Revenus wrote:i'd rather lynch pine or theamatuer over sorgster at this point.

I said specifically that that game was crap and not how I play normally, so STFU.
and I play like everyone is town unless I feel like a person is scum, in which I treat that person as scum.

What? Everybody is town unless you think he's scum? If you said null, fine but town? You just sound like you don't want to be abrasive.

I'm thinking theam or rev. I'm fairly convinced that at least one has to be scum.
coming back after a 3 year break.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 2530, vijay2vasandani wrote:I'm thinking theam or rev. I'm fairly convinced that at least one has to be scum.

Yet you're voting funky...
Classic vijay.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:03 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 2508, Pine wrote:
In post 2505, sorgster wrote:If revenus is a werewolf that would confirm that there are two scum teams. If he is mafia, at least we lynched scum

This...seems tantamount to a scumclaim. Sorgster has officially killed his Towncred with me. Even if it isn't a scumslip, it's bad, bad, terribad logic.

According to the flavour, there are two scumteams, named "Mean Guys Mafia" and "Rolling Heights Gang".

sorgster's post here is pretty obviously an indicator of town ignorance, not any kind of scumclaim, what are you talking about. Come on.

Let's not lynch sorgster.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 am

Post by funkybike1 »

I agree, we should lynch someone who's actually scummy.
Mod: Votecount?
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:32 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

According to the flavour, there are two scumteams, named "Mean Guys Mafia" and "Rolling Heights Gang".

sorgster's post here is pretty obviously an indicator of town ignorance, not any kind of scumclaim, what are you talking about. Come on.

Um, no.

It's actually really, really likely that it
was
a scum slip from sorgster, because he specifically suggested the possibility that Revenus is a werewolf and he's convinced there's two scum teams (even though two nks doesn't mean shit n1 with no scum flips) for some unknown reason and has been basing all his scum lists off this assumption.

Put two and two together, it's something he'd think
as mafia
who doesn't know what the other scum team is (he thinks it's "werewolves").

What do you think of sorg's play independent of this?

You should do something useful.

fb wrote:I agree, we should lynch someone who's actually scummy.

So
why are you voting Revenus, then?
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:46 am

In post 2531, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 2530, vijay2vasandani wrote:I'm thinking theam or rev. I'm fairly convinced that at least one has to be scum.

Yet you're voting funky...
Classic vijay.

Really? O.o

Pretty sure I'm voting Rev. I remember, you even put it down when you made that joke about who is number 3, 4 and 5 on the wagon.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:54 am

Post by iamausername »

It's actually really, really likely that it was a scum slip from sorgster, because he specifically suggested the possibility that Revenus is a werewolf and he's convinced there's two scum teams (even though two nks doesn't mean shit n1 with no scum flips) for some unknown reason and has been basing all his scum lists off this assumption.

Put two and two together, it's something he'd think as mafia who doesn't know what the other scum team is (he thinks it's "werewolves").

I don't understand the scumslip here.

Why would scum have any more reason to assume that two kills = two scumteams than town?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 am

In post 2536, iamausername wrote:

It's actually really, really likely that it was a scum slip from sorgster, because he specifically suggested the possibility that Revenus is a werewolf and he's convinced there's two scum teams (even though two nks doesn't mean shit n1 with no scum flips) for some unknown reason and has been basing all his scum lists off this assumption.

Put two and two together, it's something he'd think as mafia who doesn't know what the other scum team is (he thinks it's "werewolves").

I don't understand the scumslip here.

Why would scum have any more reason to assume that two kills = two scumteams than town?

I think its because sorgster assumed the other guy (rev) was a werewolf. That would infer that sorgster saw himself as mafia, because IF he was town he would have questioned if rev was mafia, because mafia is the far more common form of scum. Well that's sort of what I gathered anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:17 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

user wrote:I don't understand the scumslip here.

You're confusing something here...

The following is all from the perspective he's scum in a 2-scum team game...

Sorg-scum is mafia. His team is most likely him + 2 others (given what he's done with speculating on team scum teams so far). He
knows
there's another scum team because his team is too small for it to be a single scum team in a 22-player large theme game.

So he sees the two nks, sees Pine speculating about 2 scum teams, and decides, "hey, others are speculating on it, I will fit in and no one will suspect me!"

He's a bit of a [series of words that will get me modkilled] and thinks that since he's mafia, the other scum team must be werewolves.

Basically, everything he's done today (from his scum teams speculation to the werewolf thing) make sense from the perspective he's scum. The two nks has nothing to do with this.

That said, I could also see it making sense from the perspective he's really, really, really, really, reallllllllllllllly bad at this game... and it is sorgster... so I'm not going to suggest he
must
be scum because of it.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

btw, if it wasn't already clear, the main reason I think sorg could be scum (apart from his horrible play so far) is the fact he keeps speculating on 2 scum teams of 3 players each time he gives his scum reads...
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2532, iamausername wrote:
In post 2508, Pine wrote:
In post 2505, sorgster wrote:If revenus is a werewolf that would confirm that there are two scum teams. If he is mafia, at least we lynched scum

This...seems tantamount to a scumclaim. Sorgster has officially killed his Towncred with me. Even if it isn't a scumslip, it's bad, bad, terribad logic.

I think you're reconstructing it quite wrong. townSorgster a) shouldn't care all that much how many scumteams there are and should just lynch scum, b) would use the opening post or even reading the flipping thread to see what his other townies had to say to deduce how many scumteams there are if he's curious. (Pine quoted the relevant chunk of the OP right off the bat at the start of D2, about when sorg should have been curious.)

scumSorgster does care how many scumteams there are, and gets his information about it from the size of his scumteam and/or the comments of his (in all likelihood, lurky) partners. Who probably said, "yeah we're Mean Guys mafia there's probably another scumteam, who should we shoot", so sorgster thinks "oh let's hunt wolves", as opposed to the daytime source of info, which is Pine saying, "hey guys the OP has been
editted
to reflect that it is
almost definitely
a two scum game due to
flavor involving two human factions in a turf war

unvote, vote: sorgster

Even the N1 kill flavor involves two guns.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

A fresh vote count will go up tonight when i get home from work.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Beck »

vote: Sorg
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

Post by sorgster »

Why am I being misrepped here? I gave possibility for
both mafia and werewolf
and stated afterwards why I said this. I've explained why I believe werewolves and mafia if there are 2 scumteams.

@zelink, rev has a completely different play style going into day 2 and was pretty scummy to me day 1. I know that's a scum tell. Also, ThAD and rev are working together if rev flips scum because thAd was trying to deflect the attention away from revenus onto lurkers and whoever else. I even made a post earlier about wheter thAD and slandaar were town on scum or town on town.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:37 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 456, ThAdmiral wrote:I think pine is town. As far as I can tell he doesn't put this much effort in when he's scum.

In post 366, Revenus wrote:By the way, scum must be jumping in joy over how incompetent or uncaring 95% of the players are this game. Seriously, all they have to do is kill Pine, me, Slandaar, and sorgster and then ride Beck's impulsive no-content spam posting to victory. Everyone I didn't name, fucking step it up.

Chill out dude. This game is actually quite active. Remember: it's still early days and there's a long way to go.

In post 367, Revenus wrote:Oh and sword of omens is probably scum. His first post going "oh hey zdenek glad to see you made it :)" is actually a huge scumtell.

How?

In post 378, Beck wrote:When I get to a pc, I'll explain why you are scum.

I've already explained why pine is scum

I'm sick and tired of people saying they are ignoring me, I'm making good points, I should not be ignored.

I'm not saying the game revolves around me, but when good points are being made they shouldnt be ignored.

I'm not going to get in to whether your points are bad or not, but you are being ignored by people because you keep hammering the same thing over and over and over again. It's not helpful for anyone else to read over the same stuff a bunch of times.

Also you are getting caught up in "right" and "wrong". This is a game where subjectivity plays a huge part. Unless you're scum you can't know the alignment of others and therefore can never truly be right and wrong. For example your case on pine is fine, it uses logic and is not invalid in any way - but I disagree with it because I believe pine is town.

In post 423, iamausername wrote:
In post 420, Hiraki wrote:
In post 418, iamausername wrote:I totally agree that it would be nice if Beck would shut the fuck up, but he's not scum.
You don't think Revenus was displaying any types of emotions?

I think the emotion he's displaying is rubbing his hands with glee as he watches the lunatic distracting everybody's attention by shitting himself all over the thread. If that counts as an emotion.

Take out the first and last sentence and I could maybe see that post coming from frustrated town, but as is, no.

I see where you are coming from but a lot of his other posts scream frustrated town to me. I honestly don't see scum playing it up to that extent. Your thoughts?

In post 430, Sky wrote:
In post 325, ThAdmiral wrote:
He's pretty much only talked about mafia theory for one. Plus he's wrong.

That's funny. So have you. We have a difference of game theory, big deal. As for my lack of activity, well, I try to post at least once a day. These big games move a lot faster than I am accustomed to.

Ok.

In post 430, Sky wrote:Anyway, I don't mind Revenus' play lately.

Unvote: Revenus

Vote: Funkybike1

He won't even explain his votes.

What is it that you don't mind about revenus' play?

I don't see anything about you saying rev is town here thAd
Marathon Game record
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Beck »

So I'm thinking

TheAd/Rev

And

Pine/sorg

With theAmateur somewhere in there too.

Sounds right, GG Jamz
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 am

Post by sorgster »

So beck, can you explain why you are voting me? You agree with me on thAd/rev. Is it about the misrepping?
Marathon Game record
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Beck »

I beleive I have already said why I'm suspicious of you. Go read my iso ;)
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 am

Post by theamatuer »

*599 posts