Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 649, Untrod Tripod wrote:But the point is I think it's incredibly bad to say that people who aren't doing anything scummy are scummy by virtue of the fact that they're not doing anything scummy.

And if that was a final conclusion or the sole reason that I was pushing for a lynch your critcism would be valid. As a starting place to explore it's more than reasonable.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

bzzzzzz wrong

if you start your analysis from a faulty premise then your analysis is bad
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Vi »

In post 636, Amrun wrote:It's pretty weak, but DDD clearly hasn't really sunk his teeth into this game yet. I'm not sure that's a tell either way.
:neutral:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Vi »

Llamarble 640 wrote:KK I just reread and am adding to the 'these guys might be scum' pile.
Read my posts, then try again.

--

Tripod, try this direction.

DDD sez your play in this game has been completely unremarkable. Your response:

--

DDD, I see someone else in the last 25 posts who seems to have posted and nobody noticed or cared (nor should they; the posts are less than worthless). Your thoughts on that player?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Llamarble »

My thoughts on that player is that they're pretty facemeltingly obvscum.
3 are revealed!
One more left.
Not even sure we should lynch VP today considering I had a massive false positive on him in AMG.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Amrun »

Then shouldn't you be voting Ghostlin?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah, probably.
VOTE: Ghostlin
Though I'm not really sure out of VP / Ghostlin / Xvart who's going to flip scum the hardest.
Right now I feel like all of them will.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Now that I've put my vote here people are going to want a case or something though.
I guess I'll just say "his ISO" for now.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 655, Amrun wrote:Then shouldn't you be voting Ghostlin?

In post 656, Llamarble wrote:Yeah, probably.

Really?
And people say opportunism in mafia is dead.

Though I'm not really sure out of VP / Ghostlin / Xvart who's going to flip scum the hardest.

In post 657, Llamarble wrote:Now that I've put my vote here people are going to want a case or something though.
I guess I'll just say "his ISO" for now.

Derp. Now that I've like voted him and stuff under sheeping Amrun, I think I'm going to post something like 'his ISO' as a reason.

I really, really REALLY want someone to explain to me exactly how Llam ISN'T scummy.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, sorry I've been busy and having been playing. The weather is cool enough to shut off the A/C which means "Fall Cleaning". Plus we just got some chicks and I've been working on building their eventual coop.

Debonair Danny DiPietro's case on Untrod Tripod is insane. Though I do agree with glowball in that I can sorta wrap my head around the concept, but to make a case like that this early in the game is ludicrous. Plus his vague hintings at potential "other reasons" means that he's not seriously looking to lynch Untrod Tripod, he's just looking busy for the cameras.

I think VP Baltar came out as making more sense in his exchange with Amrun. I don't think he's scum this game.

More people need to be on the Ghostlin wagon. It's the best wagon in the whole game.

xvart and Debonair Danny DiPietro are scum too.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 3 )
Quilford,
Kublai Khan,
Llamarble,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

JasonT1981 ( 4 )
glowball,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Amrun,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Llamarble ( 3 )
JasonT1981,
Ghostlin,
VP Baltar,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 3 )
Vi,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Sotty7,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Untrod Tripod, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 659, Kublai Khan wrote:Debonair Danny DiPietro's case on Untrod Tripod is insane. Though I do agree with glowball in that I can sorta wrap my head around the concept, but to make a case like that this early in the game is ludicrous. Plus his vague hintings at potential "other reasons" means that he's not seriously looking to lynch Untrod Tripod, he's just looking busy for the cameras.

The thing is, Triple D hasn't
made
a UT case. He was just commenting on me finding him scummy and then people kept poking at his reasoning. Case suggests he's trying to lynch UT which isn't actually happening.

I'm slightly tempted by a possible Ghostlin vote, I haven't liked much of what he has done today. But I think an xvart one would be better.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 661, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 659, Kublai Khan wrote:Debonair Danny DiPietro's case on Untrod Tripod is insane. Though I do agree with glowball in that I can sorta wrap my head around the concept, but to make a case like that this early in the game is ludicrous. Plus his vague hintings at potential "other reasons" means that he's not seriously looking to lynch Untrod Tripod, he's just looking busy for the cameras.

The thing is, Triple D hasn't
made
a UT case. He was just commenting on me finding him scummy and then people kept poking at his reasoning. Case suggests he's trying to lynch UT which isn't actually happening.

Hmm.. you're right. I guess my mind is still reeling from the fact that he claims he can't remember a post I've made all game. His vote is on JasonT1981 for a secondhand reason so that's not townietactular either.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I realize he wasn't literally trying to lynch me at the moment, but his reasoning for finding me scummy was awful and I like to nip these things in the bud by calling people on bad logic
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Llamarble »

My access the next few days is going to be kinda limited, but I'll try to push out what posts I can.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 658, Ghostlin wrote:Now that I've like voted him and stuff under sheeping Amrun,

Wait, do you think Lllamarble sheeped me?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 665, Amrun wrote:
In post 658, Ghostlin wrote:Now that I've like voted him and stuff under sheeping Amrun,

Yes, yes I do. It's pretty blantant. Do you want me to requote the exchange again?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I actually got hired before the interview was done. :D That's good motivation to just kill some people!

DDD vs. UT is dum dum. UT is unlikely to be scum, though he does need to broaden his horizons and change this town game of 'do nothing, bitch when attacked'. DDD...well, you're better than that and making me wary. Get in here and give me some real fire.

The case on Ghostlin is that he's useless basically, right? I think that's a pretty loose label that can be applied to a lot of people here. We really need to get out of this bitch fest of non-involvement. It's kind of a stupid circling the day drain. It may hit scum eventually, but it's kind of a crapshoot and I think we can do better.

KK, why is xvart scum? Yesterday you were all over him because you said he was lewarcher's scumbuddy and trying to save him from a lynch. Today, you're saying he's scum because....

Vi and CES are basically vote camping on me and I'm not sure why. If you two actually think I'm scum, then please push my lynch. If not, do something useful with those votes that is actually likely to hit scum. (IE, move to Llamar)

glowball probably fits into the vote camping society as well. You really seem to be doing nothing active and are just coasting on VI-town status.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 666, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 665, Amrun wrote:

Yes, yes I do. It's pretty blantant. Do you want me to requote the exchange again?

Let me rephrase it for you since your reading comprehension has failed you:

Vi said there was another useless poster posting within the last 25 posts. There are one or two other candidates for this, but most likely, it's you.

Llamarble said he's wavering on VP, but thinks you are "face meltingly scum."

Logically, his vote should be on you, and I wanted to see if he would move it there. He did.

Bzzzzzzzzzzt try again. You fail.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 635, Untrod Tripod wrote:can we talk more about DDDP's "not being scummy is scummy" idea? Because it seems like that's mildly important to note.

I do think he has a point in that scum would try and blend in, not try to act scummy, and let a lynch happen on a scummy player. HOWEVER lynches are based on what is scummy, and not what is not scummy. And without anything else on you, the fact he tries to push it, is scummy.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 655, Amrun wrote:Then shouldn't you be voting Ghostlin?

In post 656, Llamarble wrote:Yeah, probably.

Don't like this post, not from Amrun, he has every right to call it. but from LLam, doesn't vote.. gets called out and then votes. Seems weak to me
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 669, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 635, Untrod Tripod wrote:can we talk more about DDDP's "not being scummy is scummy" idea? Because it seems like that's mildly important to note.

I do think he has a point in that scum would try and blend in, not try to act scummy, and let a lynch happen on a scummy player. HOWEVER lynches are based on what is scummy, and not what is not scummy. And without anything else on you,
the fact he tries to push it, is scummy.

He's not doing that, though.

You're just looking for something to attack.

p-edit: "He has every right to call it." Who has every right to call what?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

You, I was saying it wasn't your post but Llam that seemed off to me. Since I was quoting two posts.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 663, Untrod Tripod wrote:I realize he wasn't literally trying to lynch me at the moment, but his reasoning for finding me scummy was awful and I like to nip these things in the bud by calling people on bad logic

If you were trying to convince me you failed and I think that most people understand where my argument comes from and that it makes sense as a starting point for analysis.

In post 669, jasonT1981 wrote:

I do think he has a point in that scum would try and blend in, not try to act scummy, and let a lynch happen on a scummy player. HOWEVER lynches are based on what is scummy, and not what is not scummy.
And without anything else on you, the fact he tries to push it, is scummy.

Good vote is still good.

In post 653, Vi wrote:DDD, I see someone else in the last 25 posts who seems to have posted and nobody noticed or cared (nor should they; the posts are less than worthless). Your thoughts on that player?

Ghostlin was crazy tunneled on lew on D1, but so was I and I'm town so I can't make the argument that town wouldn't do that. I also like him taking apart Jason's bad pairing arguments today and he even carries that logic over to when VPB tries to make a chainsawing argument in regards to Amrun/Llama. Other than his lack of real push behind the person he's voting and my disinterest in that wagon his play seems pretty similar to my own. Definately not as good a vote as Jason; will try to compare to my created peerage group for him (UT, KK, Xvart) when I get a chance to put together a relative ranking within that group.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 667, VP Baltar wrote:I actually got hired before the interview was done. :D
Now when I
RAGE
at you, it's a :HAPPY:
RAGE

VP Baltar 667 wrote:Vi and CES are basically vote camping on me and I'm not sure why. If you two actually think I'm scum, then please push my lynch. If not, do something useful with those votes that is actually likely to hit scum. (IE, move to Llamar)
I'm partly unsure of what to do and partly too distracted by RL to care. As for your suggestion, Llamarble has found that razor's edge where I agree with most of what he says yet he still comes across as incredibly slimy, and I'll stick to agreeing with him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”