Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

'Marble, I'm currently displeased with the votescape, so one of two things is going to happen:
1) you switch back to VP
2) I switch over to your wagon.

It's your choice.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

I like disappointing CES.

Unvote: VP Baltar
Vote: Ghostlin
(L-4)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 668, Amrun wrote:
In post 666, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 665, Amrun wrote:
In post 658, Ghostlin wrote:Now that I've like voted him and stuff under sheeping Amrun,

Wait, do you think Lllamarble sheeped me?

Yes, yes I do. It's pretty blantant. Do you want me to requote the exchange again?

Let me rephrase it for you since your reading comprehension has failed you:

Vi said there was another useless poster posting within the last 25 posts. There are one or two other candidates for this, but most likely, it's you.

Llamarble said he's wavering on VP, but thinks you are "face meltingly scum."

Logically, his vote should be on you, and I wanted to see if he would move it there. He did.

Bzzzzzzzzzzt try again. You fail.

Nope, I don't. Frankly, him doing things with you and Vi prompting him is still sheeping. And a reason like 'his ISO' is the same crap he's phoned in most of the game. If you're too blind to see why Llam would agree with Vi, who's fairly obvtown and you, Amrun, for free towncred particlularly since I'm the competing wagon, I can't help you.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by zoraster »

Spoiler: Boxcat

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 3 )
Quilford,
Kublai Khan,
Llamarble,
Vi,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

JasonT1981 ( 4 )
glowball,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Amrun,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Llamarble ( 3 )
JasonT1981,
Ghostlin,
VP Baltar,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 2 )
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Sotty7,
[/color]
(L - 6 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Untrod Tripod, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 14 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 677, Ghostlin wrote:Nope, I don't. Frankly, him doing things with you and Vi prompting him is still sheeping. And a reason like 'his ISO' is the same crap he's phoned in most of the game. If you're too blind to see why Llam would agree with Vi, who's fairly obvtown and you, Amrun, for free towncred particlularly since I'm the competing wagon, I can't help you.

Look, I don't think you'll ever understand. Llamarble had
already expressed a scumread on you several times,
more than I ever have. I can get you saying Llama would want to agree with us, but the fact remains that he expressed suspicion on Ghostlin a long time ago. And in this case, it is not sheeping me at ALL. I wasn't expressing an opinion; I was remarking upon the fact that his votes weren't lining up with his expressed reads.

If you suspect one person the most, there's no reason to vote for suspect #2 in most cases, at least without an explanation. That suspect #1 happened to be you was entirely incidental.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 pm

In post 679, Amrun wrote:If you suspect one person the most, there's no reason to vote for suspect #2 in most cases, at least without an explanation.

Oh, you. So naive.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 680, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 679, Amrun wrote:If you suspect one person the most, there's no reason to vote for suspect #2 in most cases, at least without an explanation.

Oh, you. So naive.

There certainly are reasons to do that. I believe I took some flak for something similar yesterday.

But generally speaking, if that's happening openly, I'd like to know why.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:53 pm

I disagree with that sentiment to the point that I haven't even bothered to think about whom I find more suspicious out of VP and 'marble. There's nothing special about one's #1 suspect.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

Well, that's true, I guess, but getting more into semantics than I intended. I rarely classify my suspects as such, now that I think about it, but Llamarble suggested he might be losing his scumread on VP while his read on Ghostlin remained strong - which implies to me a vote move of some sort is in order. It warranted asking.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Vi »

My vote doesn't appear to have counted :(
Also, these vote counts weren't made for quoting.

It would be really cool if Amrun moved her vote to someone who isn't as probable to flip Town.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Quilford »

Hi, haven't posted in a while so I'll catch up tomorrow.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Sotty7 »

UT, is Triple D scum?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 673, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:will try to compare to my created peerage group for him (UT, KK, Xvart) when I get a chance to put together a relative ranking within that group.

UT absolutely heads the list as most likely to be scum; Vi says he was flaky and unsure as scum in the one game meta she referenced; well today all he's done is bitch at me for a non-case. KK should be challenging him other than the one town-tell, his pre-lew D1 is junk and there's been nothing going on for him D2 either; he's pretty much coasting on Vi's town-tell of him. Ghostlin probably goes right here, third in line. xvart actually has decent content when he chooses to show up, it's just that he makes my activity level look decent.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 430, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 428, VP Baltar wrote:Jason - I don't know what your actual position on lewarcher is since you vacillate throughout that post. Is he town or scum?

I don't get why you think Ghostlin is scum either, can I get the sparknotes version of that?

Neither on instinct, I believe him to be 3rd party but not worth the lynch. We can cut a head of scum and weaken them, rather than lynch a role that can end up killing itself in the night.

Jason, why did you think Lew was 3rd party over mafia?

Also can you elaborate on your Ghostlin read? I'm interested.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:UT absolutely heads the list as most likely to be scum; Vi says he was flaky and unsure as scum in the one game meta she referenced; well today all he's done is bitch at me for a non-case.

THIS IS WHAT HE DOES AS TOWN. I just finished shaft.ed's Kids in the Hall with him. I got him lynched as town for this very reason. He's really not likely to be scum imo.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Amrun »

UT is probably town, yeah.

VOTE: Ghostlin

A lot of people are mentioning Ghostlin and not voting for him so I'd like to see where this goes.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:UT absolutely heads the list as most likely to be scum; Vi says he was flaky and unsure as scum in the one game meta she referenced; well today all he's done is bitch at me for a non-case. KK should be challenging him other than the one town-tell, his pre-lew D1 is junk and there's been nothing going on for him D2 either; he's pretty much coasting on Vi's town-tell of him. Ghostlin probably goes right here, third in line. xvart actually has decent content when he chooses to show up, it's just that he makes my activity level look decent.

I should be challenging Untrod Tripod? Why? I don't really think he's that scummy. I'd prefer to be invested in calling out my top 3 which are you, Ghostlin and xvart.

And coasting on a town-tell isn't scummy, BTW.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 am

In post 691, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:UT absolutely heads the list as most likely to be scum; Vi says he was flaky and unsure as scum in the one game meta she referenced; well today all he's done is bitch at me for a non-case. KK should be challenging him other than the one town-tell, his pre-lew D1 is junk and there's been nothing going on for him D2 either; he's pretty much coasting on Vi's town-tell of him. Ghostlin probably goes right here, third in line. xvart actually has decent content when he chooses to show up, it's just that he makes my activity level look decent.

I should be challenging Untrod Tripod? Why? I don't really think he's that scummy. I'd prefer to be invested in calling out my top 3 which are you, Ghostlin and xvart.

And coasting on a town-tell isn't scummy, BTW.

You misunderstand, but that's because it's written poorly, my apologies. You shouldn't be challenging UT (well I mean you should but that's not the issue), but that you would be 1B on my list to UT's 1A is not for the noted town-tell about you.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yo, KK...I was serious about my xvart question to you. Please answer that.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 am

Post by glowball »

Mmkay so posting for activity, but I really don't understand this Ghostlin thing so I obviously need to focus and read more.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 686, Sotty7 wrote:UT, is Triple D scum?
I don't think so. The fact that he's pushing this case on me is really troubling because it has no bearing in any kind of logic or rational thought, but that doesn't make him scum.

Also how am I "coasting on a towntell from Vi"? I've never said anything in this game about anyone calling me town.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 am

Apparently my post
is
truly that badly written, dear lord. I'll try and re-write it completely when I get a chance.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:he's pretty much coasting on Vi's town-tell of him.
I'm not really sure what else that particular arrangement of words could mean.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

Post by xvart »

In post 628, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 619, xvart wrote:I lost my post but I have to say that there is something fishy going on with Jason, LLamarble, and glowball. Whenever I read their love triangle I feel like at least one person, if not tow, are operating on more information than a town member should have at this point.
The whole Jason pushing glowball while voting Llamarble looks to me like he is more convinced that the person he isn't voting is scum which doesn't work with where his vote actually is
. Also, spilling over from my suspicions yesterday:

VOTE: Jason

I also think VPB is town.

See, thats the issue.... I can have more than one scum read I can push, but only have one vote.
But the problem I have is that you you are more focused on engaging the person who your vote isn't parked on. I get the feeling that this is one of those scenarios where you vote town, FoS scum buddy; and in this case you and your buddy can trade blows back and forth and it doesn't mean much because your vote is quietly sitting unengaged somewhere else. If I had to place a bet right now I would say glowball and Jason are scum buddies using Llamarble as a smoke screen to bus each other. Then, if Llamarble flips town Jason can readjust his read accordingly. I am always suspicious when someone is hammering away like you were doing to glowball with a vote parked somewhere else.

In post 637, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm not sure what's so hard to understand, scum have a vested interest in appearing town; while town have the truth of their alignment allowing them to be more unconventional. In my opinion that's the way the site meta WIFOM wheel is turned and hence I have town reads on Amrun and CES despite not thinking much of their play in this game and have unsubstantiated issues with the players I mentioned before.
Actually, although counter intuitive to a degree, I can get behind this thinking from a theoretical standpoint but I'm not sure how it actually works out long term. I've said to a couple mods after being lynched that I should just flip my reads because nine times out of ten anyone I have built a case on and lobbied for lynching has flipped town. I don't think this is an alignment tell either way.

In post 654, Llamarble wrote:Not even sure we should lynch VP today considering I had a massive false positive on him in AMG.
Why are you just now bringing this up? Do you think your false positive in another game warrants everyone unvoting?

In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:xvart actually has decent content when he chooses to show up, it's just that he makes my activity level look decent.
Yeah, I do need to apologize for my activity and it will be picking up. I have been having a hard time recently in large games just keeping afloat and unexpected things at work keep popping up and consuming my time making it even harder for me to keep the game straight when I do have time to read.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 am

In post 697, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 687, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:he's pretty much coasting on Vi's town-tell of him.
I'm not really sure what else that particular arrangement of words could mean.

It referenced KK; though I can see why you got confused because I slipped in a pronoun refering to you in between the subject and object.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”