NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Maxous »

Oh, god damit.
Spoiler:
In post 1939, Velazanth wrote:@ Beck

An iso of soda shows 19 posts in this nearly 2000 post behemoth. For sheer lack of scum hunting on his part, I'm jumping the wagon. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to anyone else to /replace in to the madness that is a majority of this thread. ;)
Noob 1170 ftw
Come jump the Soda wagon with me bro.

VOTE: Soda

Look at the reason he votes Soda, flaking. Not fair to replace in. Would'nt be as much of a problem if he named anyone as scum.
And Soda was one of the leading wagons, if not the leading one.
In post 2032, Velazanth wrote:Sorry, forgot I still had that stupid vote on Soda.

UNVOTE: Soda
VOTE: Slandaar

Let's just quote that again.
In post 2032, Velazanth wrote:Sorry, forgot I still had that stupid vote on Soda.

Soda vote was for no reason. He voted Soda when Soda was a viable lynch coming near the end of the day.

In post 2030, Velazanth wrote:I think it's sarcasm but to hell with it.

Let's just get to D2 and figure this mess out.

Easy mislynch hooo!

In post 2209, Velazanth wrote:Sorry for not posting in a while, my macbook just got jacked... Posting from my phone/roomates.computer till the build is updated. I feel as if Pines posts are manipulative. Ill elaborate further when I get to a desktop, but I first started watching him closer after I saw Faraday's "leaning scum" suspicion.

VOTE: Pine for your Day 1 % of total thread post, using numbers to manipulate the town. Its the scummiest thing ive seen so far.

Beck is still the towniest of the town.

Pine is scum because of numbers manipulation.
In post 2254, Velazanth wrote:
Notice how TheAm follows up my Pine vote

In post 2211, theamatuer wrote:btw I support a Pine lynch to some degree. He's around null-scum for me

This is incredibly opportunistic.

What started up as a prod-dodge vote from my phone ended up illuminating some things for me.

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: theamatuer

I remember having a lolgif about this.
In post 2282, Velazanth wrote:
Town

bvoigt
Pops
Beck
Pine
Max
Vel

LurkTown

Sorgster - This read comes from my meta on him. He's just kind of lurky in general.
ScreamingHawk - I read his iso as "busy town" which sucks, as it doesn't help us scumhunt.
SV - although I hate his play, he seems "too busy with work" to be scum.
IAAUN - Currently reading through everything...

Null

Vijay
theam

Lurconis
Zelink

Scum

Zdenek - For his vote cases against anyone and everyone... He attacked me as soon as D2 started, then came out against pops. This post is an example where he leaves out important information from a quote. Notice how Pops concedes that vijay is playing better, and this is why he was off target.
Revenus - For his surprising ability to disappear as soon as D2 started.

LurkScum

Funky
Sky
TheAd

Voting the null read. Funky was a viable wagon at this point.
In post 2579, Velazanth wrote:

theam's iso was cringeworthy. I definitely see a pattern of
passive-aggressive endorsement of town wagons
... I'm sorry bro, but I hope you know that in my mind, all of your posts are narrated by Neo.

Bgradescumcop?

Alert, theamateur is exclusively voting and suspecting 2 of vel's scum reads.

In post 2620, Velazanth wrote:
And really sorgster?

"I don't get Vel's scumslip" /vote Vel...

Lol.

Not reading.
In post 2622, Velazanth wrote:This is mafia.

There will be wagons.

I feel as if some of the people being targeted are town.

I feel that scum are pushing those wagons.

I feel that theam is one of those scum.

Pine your attack of me is opportunistic. IGMEOY

Theam is only pushing wagons of Vel's scum reads, alert.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Theam, you seem to be a blind follower here. What is your reasoning? (See the above post)
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Beck »

In post 2675, Maxous wrote:Oh, god damit.
Spoiler:
In post 1939, Velazanth wrote:@ Beck

An iso of soda shows 19 posts in this nearly 2000 post behemoth. For sheer lack of scum hunting on his part, I'm jumping the wagon. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to anyone else to /replace in to the madness that is a majority of this thread. ;)
Noob 1170 ftw
Come jump the Soda wagon with me bro.

VOTE: Soda

Look at the reason he votes Soda, flaking. Not fair to replace in. Would'nt be as much of a problem if he named anyone as scum.
And Soda was one of the leading wagons, if not the leading one.

UNVOTE: Soda

Let's just quote that again.

Soda vote was for no reason. He voted Soda when Soda was a viable lynch coming near the end of the day.

In post 2030, Velazanth wrote:I think it's sarcasm but to hell with it.

Let's just get to D2 and figure this mess out.

Easy mislynch hooo!

In post 2209, Velazanth wrote:Sorry for not posting in a while, my macbook just got jacked... Posting from my phone/roomates.computer till the build is updated. I feel as if Pines posts are manipulative. Ill elaborate further when I get to a desktop, but I first started watching him closer after I saw Faraday's "leaning scum" suspicion.

VOTE: Pine for your Day 1 % of total thread post, using numbers to manipulate the town. Its the scummiest thing ive seen so far.

Beck is still the towniest of the town.

Pine is scum because of numbers manipulation.
In post 2254, Velazanth wrote:
Notice how TheAm follows up my Pine vote

In post 2211, theamatuer wrote:btw I support a Pine lynch to some degree. He's around null-scum for me

This is incredibly opportunistic.

What started up as a prod-dodge vote from my phone ended up illuminating some things for me.

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: theamatuer

I remember having a lolgif about this.
In post 2282, Velazanth wrote:
Town

bvoigt
Pops
Beck
Pine
Max
Vel

LurkTown

Sorgster - This read comes from my meta on him. He's just kind of lurky in general.
ScreamingHawk - I read his iso as "busy town" which sucks, as it doesn't help us scumhunt.
SV - although I hate his play, he seems "too busy with work" to be scum.
IAAUN - Currently reading through everything...

Null

Vijay
theam

Lurconis
Zelink

Scum

Zdenek - For his vote cases against anyone and everyone... He attacked me as soon as D2 started, then came out against pops. This post is an example where he leaves out important information from a quote. Notice how Pops concedes that vijay is playing better, and this is why he was off target.
Revenus - For his surprising ability to disappear as soon as D2 started.

LurkScum

Funky
Sky
TheAd

Voting the null read. Funky was a viable wagon at this point.
In post 2579, Velazanth wrote:

theam's iso was cringeworthy. I definitely see a pattern of
passive-aggressive endorsement of town wagons
... I'm sorry bro, but I hope you know that in my mind, all of your posts are narrated by Neo.

Bgradescumcop?

Alert, theamateur is exclusively voting and suspecting 2 of vel's scum reads.

In post 2620, Velazanth wrote:
And really sorgster?

"I don't get Vel's scumslip" /vote Vel...

Lol.

Not reading.
In post 2622, Velazanth wrote:This is mafia.

There will be wagons.

I feel as if some of the people being targeted are town.

I feel that scum are pushing those wagons.

I feel that theam is one of those scum.

Pine your attack of me is opportunistic. IGMEOY

Theam is only pushing wagons of Vel's scum reads, alert.

This post is so fucking win!
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Beck »

I realized I went back to rev

vote Vel
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Revenus »

In post 2674, smargaret wrote:back from iso-land, there's definitely a connection between pops and Zdenek. If one flips scum, I'll vote the other, and I would join a pops wagon today.

You're going to have to be more specific than this.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Revenus »

Vel is fine, but theam is better
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Beck »

In post 2679, Revenus wrote:
In post 2674, smargaret wrote:back from iso-land, there's definitely a connection between pops and Zdenek. If one flips scum, I'll vote the other, and I would join a pops wagon today.

You're going to have to be more specific than this.

You could read their iso's and see if he makes sense, just sayin
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:11 am

Post by smargaret »

*she, not he.

And I'm putting it together, but the gist of it is that the two of them vote each other but don't really push it - the timing of their votes are when there's no serious danger of a lynch, and they too-often vote the same people.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Beck »

Ok, now thoughts on that post about Vel?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:35 am

Post by smargaret »

Beck, the post on Vel was a collection of a lot of the things that struck me as off in his iso. I agree with it, I'm voting Vel, it looks like that's where the lynch is headed today, and all I could really say is QFT.

As far as pops/zdenek, if you read their isos, there's an awful lot of "OMG vote Pops!" "Why aren't people lynching obvscum Zdenek?" and not a lot of "Pops/zdenek is scum and here's why". That sort of statement without justification when there's no real danger of a lynch going through is classic distancing. Then, when they do provide reads on other people - like tham, and Pine - they agree. They don't vote together, but they agree on a scum list. I'm not going to Quote Wall of China, but if you read their isos together, it's there.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@Revenus: You said that you've played with TheAm before, and he was horrible. Did he say things such as "I'll hammer a town read" in that game?
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by theamatuer »

In post 2685, bvoigt wrote:@Revenus: You said that you've played with TheAm before, and he was horrible. Did he say things such as "I'll hammer a town read" in that game?

I meant that I'd vote him if the timeline is up, we need a lynch, and Rev is still the highest wagon, i'd vote him since a lynch is still better than nothing.
Its just whatever
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

This is a no-brainer, not a 50-page saga.

VOTE: Velzanath

Maxous is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2672, smargaret wrote:So pops, you aren't willing to vote your scumread because he doesn't have a wagon, but instead of trying to build a wagon on your scumread, you vote your VI read (who there isn't really that much support for lynching, and most of it comes from your scumread).

You're being frustrating because you keep coming off like you're just not paying attention. tham is tucked away in a million FoS's, and I did a thorough job of pushing zdenek wagon day 1 to no avail.

@ Pine - Sorry, i probably could have formatted labelled better. But I don't have very much sympathy for anyone who can read the entirety of that post and think you wrote it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

pops, vote for amatuer tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by smargaret »

Pushing a wagon means filling in the blank: "Player X is scummy because _______." Pushing a wagon is not "Why isn't anyone voting Player X? Player X is obvscum and people not voting for Player X are stupid."

This is your position on Tham at the beginning of Day 2:
In post 2252, popsofctown wrote:Pine has interacted with nearly every player in the game, so flips of other players gives lots of information about his slot. Lynching a less active player is a better way to maximize information, since later flips aren't going to tell us much more about them.

My preferred lynch is
vote: zdenek
, he's seemed really opportunistic today, and all the day 1 stuff is still there.

vijay is still a cool lynch, although I hate to admit his day 2 play is an improvement. Actually, probably not good enough for a lynch anymore.

sorgster is pretty scummy. it's a combination of gut and him seeming to take an unnatural view of every situation, it reads like newbscum.

thamlynch is super lame
and makes Pine look bad. I don't expect it to maintain steam, though.

This is the next time you mention Tham:

In post 2657, popsofctown wrote:
unvote whatever I'm voting, vote thamatuer

Revenus is very townish. Velzanath has a lesser town vibe, but more importantly,
was attacked by zdenek scum
and it didn't look at all like bussing.

Thamatuer is very VIish and antitown every post he makes. I was hoping he would be one of those readable VIs, but not really, either he freewagons so much because he's scum aligned, or he has such an antitown way of playing mafia I'll probably never her read him. (this is a dichotomy I see a lot, I need a word for it)

Please look at the participation on the Revenus wagon and abandon that lynch. I'll sleep at night if you lynch velz, but for Revenus, no.

Also, velz has claimed VT, Revenus has not, JUST SAYIN.

VI and antitown isn't necessarily scum. VI and antitown is vigbait. Also, Zdenek -
the guy you are so 100% positive is scum
is voting Tham. This is apparently enough to clear Velz; why the double standard?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 2690, smargaret wrote:Pushing a wagon means filling in the blank: "Player X is scummy because _______." Pushing a wagon is not "Why isn't anyone voting Player X? Player X is obvscum and people not voting for Player X are stupid."

This is your position on Tham at the beginning of Day 2:
In post 2252, popsofctown wrote:Pine has interacted with nearly every player in the game, so flips of other players gives lots of information about his slot. Lynching a less active player is a better way to maximize information, since later flips aren't going to tell us much more about them.

My preferred lynch is
vote: zdenek
, he's seemed really opportunistic today, and all the day 1 stuff is still there.

vijay is still a cool lynch, although I hate to admit his day 2 play is an improvement. Actually, probably not good enough for a lynch anymore.

sorgster is pretty scummy. it's a combination of gut and him seeming to take an unnatural view of every situation, it reads like newbscum.

thamlynch is super lame
and makes Pine look bad
. I don't expect it to maintain steam, though.

This is the next time you mention Tham:

In post 2657, popsofctown wrote:
unvote whatever I'm voting, vote thamatuer

Revenus is very townish. Velzanath has a lesser town vibe, but more importantly,
was attacked by zdenek scum
and it didn't look at all like bussing.

Thamatuer is very VIish and antitown every post he makes. I was hoping he would be one of those readable VIs, but not really, either he freewagons so much because he's scum aligned, or he has such an antitown way of playing mafia I'll probably never her read him. (this is a dichotomy I see a lot, I need a word for it)

Please look at the participation on the Revenus wagon and abandon that lynch. I'll sleep at night if you lynch velz, but for Revenus, no.

Also, velz has claimed VT, Revenus has not, JUST SAYIN.

VI and antitown isn't necessarily scum. VI and antitown is vigbait. Also, Zdenek -
the guy you are so 100% positive is scum
is voting Tham. This is apparently enough to clear Velz; why the double standard?

I just read over that and found the part tha should be huge now. That's seems like popos and pine are working together.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by sorgster »

EBWOP:
Unvote Vel
Vote Popos
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Velazanth »

I stand by both my vote and my claim.
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 2692, sorgster wrote:EBWOP:
Unvote Vel
Vote Popos

Stay on track. Vel is the best lynch today, let's not start a third wagon. Vel is caught scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 2693, Velazanth wrote:I stand by both my vote and my claim.

Is that your defense?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

unvote tham

it is a double standard. I didn't notice zden was on the wagon.

pine's case on tham was bad, but my own appraisal of his d1 activity puts him at a festering null. I was referring to a wagon, not the player. The resurgence has better reasoning.

We can consensus lynch Velz. He has claimed VT. And it does tell us things about Pine and zdenek.

But most importantly, when in doubt, sheep DGB.

Vote: Velz
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Zdenek »

The Sorgster werewolf slip is stupid. There' no way that makes him likely scum.

Pine is still definitely scum.

Pine wrote:
I just find 3 v 3 more likely. At 4 v 4, it starts to favor anti-Town a bit, and at 5 v 5 it's just straight up unfair. 2 v 2 is strongly Town-sided, so 3 v 3 is a pretty good number. Yeah, it tries to outguess the mod a bit, but I tend to do that.

Pine wrote:
My speculation had nothing to do with the night kills at first, it stems from the fact that chk added flavor some time between the start of the game and the start of Day Two. I noticed it, saw a glaring reference to two gangs, and suddenly the number of probable scum jumped from 4-6ish to upwards of nine or ten possible scum.

Now he's fear mongering about something that he doesn't even believe. Can we please lynch pine tomorrow?

I think the Velz slip is legit.

Vote Velz
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2697, Zdenek wrote:Now he's fear mongering about something that he doesn't even believe.

Where are you pulling this bullshit from? The OP flavor suggests two scumteams, the night kill flavor corroborates, and Sorgster's slip supports it. If there are two teams, we need to be aware of that and notice associations accordingly. Ignoring the possibility can lead to creating false associative Townreads, which subconsciously persist when we confirm a two-team system. That's the opposite of fear mongering, it's wise and cautious planning. And I'll thank you not to say I don't believe what I'm saying.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Just to make it clear to everyone the issue is the number of scum pine was predicting.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”