BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Should be reading once I get home tonight.

@Junpei: Why would clearing someone off of a joindate be scummy?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Junpei »

BBmolla, it isn't inherently scummy, I just think that it is bad play, so I was asking Whisker why she thought it wasn't, in case I was wrong. But the real story here is how Whiskers responded to my question.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

The emo teenagers stood in a circle, staring at their shoes.

"Yeah well. Um. I don't care."
"Me either."
"I think that guy's bad."
"Why?"
"He's nobody special. I don't care."
"Me either. I'm going to cut myself."
"Ok."

Second Votecount of Day 4

4. Nobody Special (2): Killjoy, Whiskers
7. Ashblade (0):
8. chkflip (1): Nobody Special
9. Whispersilk (0):
10. Whiskers (0):
11. Pseudonymous (0):
12. Killjoy (0):

Players not voting: Ashblade, Pseudonymous, whispersilk, chkflip

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The current wagon leader is
Nobody Special
at L-2.
Deadline: November 24th @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Wow, the flavour is just exactly the same.

Anyway, Junpei:
In post 949, Junpei wrote:Well if you think that trying to clear "somepony via joindate is absolutely asinine", then why did you, in post 946, try to come up with a logical and serious justification for it? Why did you not assume you were joking?
Because sarcasm. It was in the post you're asking me about and it's in post 946. I did, in fact, have a reason, but I was saying that his Join date Didn't clear him.

What you asked about was a bit of sarcasm tacked on the end. "If he had a 2008 join date (and did what he was doing), he'd be
completely
cleared by now."
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Junpei »

So to be clear, you're claiming that you were being sarcastic in 946?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Whiskers »

You know what I mean.
In post 946, Whiskers wrote:Hiraki was clearing monk for having a new join date.
I said, if he's new, he shouldn't be setting up traps (it's rarely useful for a newbie to do so).
I said, if he was old (2008 join date), he'd be clear by now, for setting up traps.
Which ALWAYS works when you're experienced.

^Underlined for sarcasm. This is explaining the sarcasm in post... w/e. The early one. I know it doesn't always really work, but in the original pst, was being sarcastic. This is a more blatant way of being sarcastic, explaining the post to you.

Do you really not understand what I mean? I feel like you're trying to twist my words, make me sound bad.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Junpei »

Whiskers, only true masters of rhetoric could portray such sarcasm in text. So to be clear:

- You disagreed that join date indicated alignment
- You were sarcastic when saying that if he had a 2008 join date that he was clear town
- You were sarcastic when saying that traps always worked when experienced

Alright, thank you for the clarification. Moving on, I'm not making you sound bad, whiskers. What is, is. Once I finish my read, we'll see what is and what isn't; at least, from my point of view.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 951, Junpei wrote:BBmolla, it isn't inherently scummy, I just think that it is bad play, so I was asking Whisker why she thought it wasn't, in case I was wrong. But the real story here is how Whiskers responded to my question.

It certainly
seems
as though you're trying to make me sound bad. If the real story is how I responded to your question, then why do you thank me for the clarification? Why do you need the clarification if you're just going to attack me for how I responded to your question?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Junpei »

Because when I wrote that post I didn't know you were being sarcastic in 946. It looked like you tried to over-justify something, and then realized it was insensible, and changed your story.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Whiskers »

I used all caps. Should I have used italics for the word "ALWAYS"?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Junpei »

whiskers, post saying that you are here, I have something I want to say.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Junpei »

Just finished reading, will do ISOs and get out some detailed reads soon enough, but Nobody Special... that is an awful claim. Specifically where you RB empking, there is no kill, and you don't push on him when the day starts.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Whiskers »

HEre, but not for long. Sorry I'm late.

What's up?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Junpei »

Not for long? Well, do as much as you can in the time you have, and post it.

Reads on all players with BRIEF reasoning as to why. Off the top of your head.

Go.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Off the top of my head:

Killjoy - Townish. The scumtells he was attacked for early came mostly from being conditioned by epicmafia.com. His fake doctor claim is a little weird, but I suppose scum woul dhave stuck with it if it was working.

You - scummy; pseudo was scummy idr right now. He did something with some intereaction.

chkflip - null. HE was scum for a really long time and I don't want to stop calling him scum now. We'll see. Scum for apathy and being a jerkass. We totally had enough jerkass players here. I've been trying to get this guy lynched for the last three (?) game Days. The resistance to this makes me think maybe scum, but it's not the same kind of resistance as scum defending scum.

Whispersilk has been lurking. I don't fully remember,. I remember her being a nulltown read.

NS - admits to "not playing well," Admits to "not caring" if he's lynched, and yet, when he about to be lynched, he fights really hard (with nothing), and then when hammered, goes, "well, idfc."

Ashblade-- I vaguely remember him being a townread for something. Happened early in the game, I was defending him. I'd have to look back.

Also, I remember there being something about you (Junpei/Pseudo) being linked with Chkflip/Friend that I liked and strengthened my scumreads.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 964, Whiskers wrote:
chkflip - null. HE was scum for a really long time and I don't want to stop calling him scum now. We'll see. Scum for apathy and being a jerkass. We totally had enough jerkass players here. I've been trying to get this guy lynched for the last three (?) game Days. The resistance to this makes me think maybe scum, but it's not the same kind of resistance as scum defending scum.

So he's very scummy, you've thought he's scum the whole game, and his resistance is not scum defending scum to you. And.. he's null.

That's ridiculous. Care to explain this particular read in more depth? I ask because I see little evidence of you coming to any real conclusions in this thread pertaining to scumhunting. These reads aren't encouraging at all either.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Junpei »

If I post a huge wall, will you guys read it?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I probably will, if it's formatted well.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Junpei »

Sorry for this coming late, although it isn't that late, but regardless; here it is:
Junpei's Reads

Italicising every instance of the word "Whisker" as to not allow anyone to be confused with "Whisper".

The Case Against Whiskers

Day 1:

• Bad post. Implies that twisting is not a scum tell and then answers a question directed at empking, not her. One which was asked by Whisper, in case you're wondering.

• So whisper is town because she's new, but
    Whiskers
    is just a month older than Whispers, and claims to not be a noob. Her RVS theory link is bad because she isn't even doing it right and is completely missing the point. Then says she wants to lynch Monk, but how does that make any sense? First off, her vote is on ThKoopa. Second off, this post has NOTHING to do with monk at all.

• Votes for...monk, basically a sheep of Ashblade, which is funny because ASHBLADE IS NOT VOTING FOR MONK. YOU ARE VOTING THE WRONG PERSON TO SHEEP.

• Whiskers you did an ISO and stopped..? THE GAME IS NOT EVEN 6 PAGES LONG. There are only 6 posts in that ISO. And you stopped? This is practically a noncommittal read. Regardless, reads Ashblade town purely for having content.

• You can't remember the post that made you 100% have a strong scum read on Zdenek as opposed to your massive null reads not too long ago? Are you actually scumhunting?

• Let the record show that
    Whiskers
    finds bad play scummy, and also somehow finds asking if there is a miller scummy. Overall, enough reason to vote; but it begs the question, why wasn't he a scum read at all earlier on? All of these posts are after the post where
    Whiskers
    has no scum reads. And she just pulls them out of her pocket with no indication of them when she voted.

• Lol? Unvotes again but this time because Zdek sounds like she does when she is town who is being pressured? That's bad play, you can't use meta of two different people interchangeably. What makes this particularly bad is that you made a case against him, and he is your only recorded scum read, and you're going back on it because of this. Backtrack more off of town.

• Nothing to vote over? You have NO suspicions, and you feel that that was a scum move, then vote! You are just spreading seeds of suspicion everywhere without backing any of it up or committing.

• Misreps pseudo from something which basically said "gut read"; changed it to "because you find me scummy"

• Another misrep... The conversation went like this: >is there any reason to think mute is town? >is there any reason to think that mute is scum? >if you can't see by now why there is, then you can't read.

• Several issues here: The fact that if Hiraki is scum that he'll keep dropping scum tells is irrelevant because that is true for EVERY scum, and is not a reason to not vote him at all. Secondly, you out Hiraki as likely PR, which is a bad thing to do from a town perspective. It's anti-town no matter how you paint it. Oh and you vote Zdek again; whatever happened to that meta of him being like you as town? Thrown out the window now that the wagon is getting full and you can jump on the mislynch?

Day 2 onwards:

• out of place vote; you have a solid scum read (albeit is pure meta) on Empking, but vote Hiraki for... why? you said this so maybe you are going for another lurker lynch?

• Just have to say: that reads shouldn't take you days to pump out. You should be able to just up and say who is scum and briefly why. You of all people (hyper-active onsite) shouldn't need days to come up with something to say.

• Whiskers
    ' reads
    and wow, I'm not impressed at all. First off, these aren't really reads, this is
    Whiskers
    going back through the game and ISOing people and doing pbpa with no links, but lets see what her reads are:

• Waffling but says town on Monk
    • Says that Killjoy is very EM-like and that there is something up with how Killjoy only had 1 suspicion day 1 and then suspects
      Whiskers
      , but somehow Killjoy is town.
    • Ashblade is town for having similar thought process and for having content.
    • Chkflip is scum
    • Whisper is scum for I'm not sure why

• Also,
    Whiskers
    outed a possible bread crumb! That is INCREDIBLY anti-town. Town would be hesitant to do that because no good could possibly come of it, only bad.

• awful awful post. Doesn't try to stop the monk wagon at all, just acknowledges that he thinks monk is scum and moves on, but goes on to waffle a little bit on his monk read a few posts later.

• You almost hammered on a town read? You would rather end the day prematurely than try to wagon someone else? You are hardly advocating at all for your opinion, you're practically coasting.

In conclusion...

Whiskers
has done very little actual scumhunting as is evidenced by few reads, massive fluffing, votes not correlating with a town mindset, outing possible PRs inthread, showing distaste for the main wagons while doing almost nothing to stop them, lots of waffling/backtracking, being opportunistic, and having the lurker contradiction. I think that's everything... all my points are listed above, but
Whiskers'
play has shown me nothing town, and everything scum. I'm stymied that no one else is pushing on
Whiskers

Other Reads Include...:

2) Ashblade
SLIGHTLY TOWN

• Other Notes:
    Activity stagnated, and then eventually (after a brief period of activity) replaced out. This slot was never under great pressure, so I find that not to be the reason of replace out. Also the account hasn't logged on since October 9. BBmolla now holds the slot after over a month of it being empty.
    @BBmolla
    : How close are you to being done reading and stuff?

3) Mute/Nobody Special
SCUM

• Not too sure on Mute. I can't see anything stick out as scummy to me, and I read Zdek's counterattack on Mute to see if I could see his viewpoint, but I simply don't understand it. I'll put more work into this later,
    but if someone can explain it to me, the better.
    Replaced out due to school, and has posted a little bit since, stagnated. Mostly his modded game though, so no big deal.

• For Nobody Special, almost every single post is bad. Things like this that show very little commitment or reasoning, but effect the game as they are votes. Very few credible reads too. Literally every vote is bad, and pretty much every post is bad, I don't know any other way to comment on his play other than to say ISO him and see just how bad it is.

4) Whispersilk
SLIGHTLY TOWN

• Very much liked her early game play, her interactions with Empking leave me thinking that she is town, but I won't credit that much because I have seen convincing bussing before. What I will credit though is that her thought process is transparent enough to where I find that I agree with her. But her play has stagnated and recently has given me no reason to think she is town.
  • Also she says that she's reading an 80 page game which I can only assume is referring to Ninja Mafia by CSL. But as that game has ended, Whisper was scum in that game, and everything she posted late in the game indicated that she in fact did NOT reread the game. And I see no reason to believe that scum would reread the game and then not post substantial evidence of this. This is an odd lie for lurking.
    @Whisper
    your thoughts on this?

5) Killjoy
TOWN

• Really don't see any case against this guy. He's been scumhunting throughout, and been trying to push what he feels is right. His doc claim was... well what was it exactly? It was a huge risk. Had Empking been town, Killjoy would have been strung up. So, Killjoy is either confident town, or his chances of being mafia go quite up. I cannot find anything to indicate being unconfident, so I find no reason to disbelieve him.

6) Friend/Chkflip
LEANING TOWN

• Friend fixated on one point (the nervous trap) for most of his time here. I suppose I saw some scumhunting, but in the end Friend does what he always does (well not always, but if you're reading this, you have to admit you have an addiction), and replaces out.
  • Chkflip gave an empty promise of reads on all the slots
    @chkflip
    would you mind doing this now? He has done a little scumhunting, but fluffed a more-than-average amount, and the highlight of his play is pointing out how bad Nobody Specials' claim was.

Vote: Whiskers

Nobody Special is a great lynch, but so is this, and Whiskers needs pressure to respond.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 968, Junpei wrote:@BBmolla: How close are you to being done reading and stuff?

Doing it right now, don't expect the depth and quality of your catch up post.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 am

Post by whispersilk »

Junpei, are you kidding me? I read every single post in that game.

Funny how you now claim that I didn't reread the game in question, yet DURING the game in question, you never mentioned anything of the sort.

Also, whoa fancy colours.

Also, if NS is such a great lynch, why not just vote him and concentrate all yer scumhunting efforts on Whiskers tomorrow?
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 am

Post by BBmolla »

Btw, you can hammer NS if you want, I can finish during night.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:22 am

Post by whispersilk »

He's not at L-1.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Junpei »

BBmolla, I'd rather not give you the opportunity to possibly collaborate with scum pals in your catch up post.

Whisper, my bad, I thought that you made that post while Ninja Mafia was in LYLO, but I was wrong. I should have paid closer attention to the datestamp on that post.

I won't just let Whiskers go, I want to draw this out and confirm my scum read on her, even if NS is ultimately lynched. I could die at night, and I would rather do this now. Especially if I"m right, I don't want Whiskers getting extra time and getting collaboration with scumpals at night.

Whisper, do you think that there was reason for Ashblade to assume that there are 3 scum?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Whiskers »

I will respond to your post. In the meantime, things like,
"* Votes for...monk, basically a sheep of Ashblade, which is funny because ASHBLADE IS NOT VOTING FOR MONK. YOU ARE VOTING THE WRONG PERSON TO SHEEP."
make me go "wtf." Ashblade was, in fact, voting for monk. Ashblade had voted for monk in the immediately previous post.

There is weird shit like this that makes me unable to qualify the case as a whole, or just pick out parts to explain or defend from. You read my ISO with my alignment decided, I guess?

I'll tackle this whole thing. I'll do it later.

[preedit]
Why do
you
assume there are three scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”