Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm voting you because Oversoul is already in the Ring and I am not going to vote for myself.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm not voting until I have completed all of my actions that I enumerated earlier. I will probably do the Bogre iso tomorrow, but it won't be as extensive as Toogeloo's because Bogre hasn't really contributed.

Bogre, why don't you think the confirmed townie was killed in the night?
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Bogre »

In post 2026, Oversoul wrote:
Bogre, why don't you think the confirmed townie was killed in the night?

Well, two theories. WIFOM, because Pine was pretty much confirmed too. The scum may have thought, at the end of the day yesterday, that I was going to be easily influenced to vote Oversoul.

Second theory, though it's a stretch, is that if you were a scum and forgot I was confirmed than you were going for the biggest threat.

I can see plenty of WIFOM reasoning either way.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANTS
Day 10 Vote Count (#2)

Toogeloo (1) - Bogre
Bogre (1) - Toogeloo

Not Voting (1) - Oversoul

Oversoul is the first Kombatant!

With 3 voting, it takes 2 to choose a Kombatant! Deadline is Friday, November 25th, at 9:00 PM EDT.

Day 10's stage is: The Graveyard!
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Not to rush you Oversoul, but I would very much like to have this game wrapped up before Thanksgiving, because I do not intend to play Mafia during that time frame and through the weekend, considering the deadline happens right at the same time.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 am

Post by Bogre »

Toogeloo doesn't seem to believe Oversoul is scum, which is strange, because he himself confirmed me. A protown player at this point would have put themselves in the ring if they believed I was confirmed, rather than trying to take the hammer vote for themselves and leave an important choice up to the person he had to know to be scum. He's playing like he knows you're town but has to call you scum.

Personally, I think he was banking that I wouldn't pay much attention today and go with my:

In post 1991, Bogre wrote:
VOTE: OVERSOUL

at yesterday's end.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Why would I vote for myself in Lylo, when I am the only person I can safely say is 100% town? And your theory is bonk, because I would not (as scum) both confirm you to be town, and leave you alive in Lylo, especially when Pine was less confirmed and he was a stronger proponent to Oversoul. It takes away too many options. This isn't a one lynch to win game, we need two people in Mortal Kombat, so there is no lucrative reason to have just one person I can attack available.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Bogre, you haven't done anything with the fact you are confirmed either. You've just sat around all day letting Oversoul and I do all the talking. Someone who is confirmed would be building the cases and stating their word is practically law.

What is your opinion of Oversoul? You wanted to vote him yesterday, which means he would have died against you due to your confirmation, but you haven't even mentioned him as possible scum all day, and all your posts have eluded to Oversoul being town and me being scum, without actually stating as such.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Tooge, what day do you want me to do be done by? I have a huge test I need to study for, but if it is a priority I can do some shifts in the amount of time I spend doing other things (not including studying).
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Your education is obviously more important than a game, but I was hoping to be done with the fame by Wednesday evening so that I could enjoy my family weekend. I am going to V/LA my other games as well during that time, as I imagine many might be doing.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Oversoul »

I should be done before Wednesday evening if that is the case, tempted right now to just go with my gut to end this clusterf.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Bogre »

In post 2032, Toogeloo wrote:Bogre, you haven't done anything with the fact you are confirmed either. You've just sat around all day letting Oversoul and I do all the talking. Someone who is confirmed would be building the cases and stating their word is practically law.

What is your opinion of Oversoul? You wanted to vote him yesterday, which means he would have died against you due to your confirmation, but you haven't even mentioned him as possible scum all day, and all your posts have eluded to Oversoul being town and me being scum, without actually stating as such.

Also, incorrect. Someone who is confirmed doesn't need to validate their cases to the two players he's trying to decide who's scum between. If I had a question I wanted either of you two to defend, I would have asked it.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

Really really inclined to just vote Bogre right now. If Bogre is town that would mean we lose.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Bogre »

Secondly, Oversoul doesn't seem to have had a PLAN going into today. I think that if he was scum, he would have been more cognizant of the fact that I was confirmed, and not so paranoid, whereas you, Toog, seemed to have each stepwise evaluations of how the endgame can play out, suggesting you took a lot of time to think about how to survive. The very fact that you're continually trying to bust down my confirmed status (that you yourself set up) speaks to your hold out to win possibilities.

Looking over the ISO's, Oversoul had more interactions with the confirmed scum (that appear genuine, like he didn't have additional knowledge), more discussion of more people overall, and even though he's was rampantly over the place, scummy, and had that crazy gambit thing, I don't think he would do all of that as scum. Zmuffinman thought he was 100% town, too, and Zmuffin had a pretty good read on this game, I think. Finally, if Oversoul was the scum, he'd probably have already voted one of us in because it wouldn't matter who went in with him; it would just matter who the hammerer chose.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1473, Nero Cain wrote:In that scenerio?

Amrun
Darox

Would be my top 2. Amrun for her cofrimation bias and Darox for active lurking.

So POE it would leave...

Nachomamma8/kiwieagle/Bogre

probally Nacho and 1 of Borge/Kiwi.

In post 1416, Oversoul wrote:
Nero, that wasn't a rolefish by any means. :roll:

Explain to me what rolefishing is?

In post 1424, Oversoul wrote:Fonz, I am rather dumb.

QFMFT!!!!!

In post 1437, Darox wrote:Pfft, Fonz is an obvious Scorpion.

Head burning?
T-Bone of all people getting killed?

Seriously now.

I think that points more to OS being scorpion.

In post 1441, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1398, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1396, Oversoul wrote:
I didn't really like Timeater's play, but nacho made the slot look better.

Why Nachomamma town read when she voted for you and supported me?

What did Nacho do that was better?

If you flip scum I'm going to start suspecting Nacho until then I have no reason to suspect her.

How do you read, Nacho?

How do I read?
Oversoul is town. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that somewhere.

Muffin, I'm all good with IS dying and all, but if he's an odd-night SK and today's an even day, I think we can better spend our time killing Nero.

This was actually meant for OS [not that she's ever going to answer anything] and not you but I accidently put a comma there.

In post 1447, Nachomamma8 wrote:Still don't get it? What a shame.

But I'm looking at Fonz/Nero/IS remaining as scum, probably. Bogre needs to flake so he can stop being a wildcard, but everyone else is town enough.

Why are you not SK hunting?

In post 1592, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1539, Amrun wrote:
In post 1536, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1533, Amrun wrote:.
Nero, your theory is stupid and that post fails the address the other (more important) points I had about you.

You raised no points. You're post was basically "lol Nero is scum b/c he called me on my bullshit."

If you think my theory is stupid please explain why we have two faction cops and why a BD flipped mafia.

My point is this: you're just lobbing lazy attacks at me (and anyone else you're attacking) without thinking them through. You've accused me of confirmation bias as a way to accuse me of scum, which is inherently contradictory. You've demonstrated over and over again that you're not fully reading the thread. You are looking for categorical flaws rather than intent. You are, in short, posting like scum looking for mislynches.

I don't know what's going on with the cops, but that's not what I meant. I don't know if I expressed myself clearly (probably not, distracted). Idk or CARE, honestly, if your theory is true. It's irrelevant. Under your theory, I am at least 50% less likely to be scum than anyone else, and yet you continue attacking me, and so poorly. If you were just THAT CONVINCED, then maybe, MAAAAAAAAYBE, but none of your attacks even make sense. "Oh, uh, she's scum because of confirmation bias and she won't stop voting for me!" The only thing that I can be confused of "confirmation bias" about is you, perhaps, which again, assumes that I am town. It's just a fancier OMGUS that makes even less sense.

THE HELL IS THIS CRAP?

My point is this: you're just lobbing lazy attacks at me (and anyone else you're attacking) without thinking them through.

Thats not lazy, thats calling you on your bullshit. Thats pointing out that OS is lurking scum like she was in TV Mafia. Thats fucking scum hunting and just b/c you're ass is pegged doesn't make it lazy.

You've accused me of confirmation bias as a way to accuse me of scum, which is inherently contradictory

the hell?!?

Amrum: I'M CONFIRMED TOWNIE!!!

Nero:The hell you are.

Thats not a contridiction, thats catching lurker scum who's not paying attention at all [to the game] and trying to coast on a half confrimation.

It's just a fancier OMGUS that makes even less sense

If you want to go this route....My post expressing suspision of you was 1123[and thats not counting my vote in 552]Your post expessing intrest in lynching me was 1148. It was
YOU
that totally OMGUSed me.

Please stop projecting.

In post 1565, Oversoul wrote:I'm going to do nothing the rest of the game. With Muffin defending me I can easily lurk to victory.

FIFTY

In post 1587, Bogre wrote:
He doesn't seem to have much of a defense beyond voting for the opposite wagons.

not exactly sure what you want here. I've already claimed. Do I think the cases on me are crap? of course. The only person that has a case on me is Muffin and he only thinks I'm scum b/c I'm attacking lurkerscum OS.

Nero pushing for my lynch the entire game should have shown you that I am not scum.

Nero naming Bogre also leads me to believe that there is a connection. Plus, Bogre has horrible play this game.

Toogeloo, if you are scum. Then truly GG.

Bring the hate.

VOTE: Bogre
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Bogre »

Ask yourself, Oversoul : How does Toogeloo's play today seem protown? He's been survivalistic. A real townie who believed in someone's confirmed status wouldn't put them up on the kill-block even if they weren't happy about them not making cases/whatever to their satisfaction. Where have any of his attacks indicated I'm scum? He's just said 'you haven't made cases', and voted me, TO AVOID BEING IN THE RING.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Bogre »

Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Bogre, what's done is done. If you actually felt this game was important you would have commented on my Toogeloo iso. I saw you being antagonistic to a town read that I have had for pretty much the whole game and then RELYING on the fact that you were confirmed which given the setup may not even be confirmed.

If this game isn't over, and you seem to think that it isn't based on the fact that you aren't "WOW WTF you put both townies in here, we are fucked" then you are scum.

If you and are both townies, then this game is over. If it goes to Mortal Kombat, you are scum. The fact that you were "without a doubt" confirmed and not nightkilled is suspicious as fuck. I know I am hypocritical because I hate hate hate paranoid people but your play, the interactions, and everything else are all just too much for me to ignore.

Town, I am sorry if I am wrong. Fonz, I dislike you for not shooting Bogre. Not that you are going to take anything I say since you think I am the crappiest crap since crap. >_>

pedit: Bogre

The moment i said "I am inclined to vote Bogre" you got hyperactive and defensive. Go away. I know you are a med student and all but god. If you are town shoot me in the face.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Bogre »

In post 2042, Oversoul wrote:Bogre, what's done is done. If you actually felt this game was important you would have commented on my Toogeloo iso. I saw you being antagonistic to a town read that I have had for pretty much the whole game and then RELYING on the fact that you were confirmed which given the setup may not even be confirmed.

If this game isn't over, and you seem to think that it isn't based on the fact that you aren't "WOW WTF you put both townies in here, we are fucked" then you are scum.

If you and are both townies, then this game is over. If it goes to Mortal Kombat, you are scum. The fact that you were "without a doubt" confirmed and not nightkilled is suspicious as fuck. I know I am hypocritical because I hate hate hate paranoid people but your play, the interactions, and everything else are all just too much for me to ignore.

Town, I am sorry if I am wrong. Fonz, I dislike you for not shooting Bogre. Not that you are going to take anything I say since you think I am the crappiest crap since crap. >_>

pedit: Bogre

The moment i said "I am inclined to vote Bogre" you got hyperactive and defensive. Go away. I know you are a med student and all but god. If you are town shoot me in the face.

No, did you see my ...? That was me being like, WTF, Oversoul, you hammered wrong.
TO BELIEVE I AM SCUM IS TO BELIEVE I AM A NINJA, HOW LIKELY DO YOU THINK THAT IS?

The moment you said I'm inclined to vote Bogre I got hyperactive because I couldn't fucking believe you were going to hammer a CONFIRMED TOWNIE.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

... is not

WTF YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID OVERSOUL

It is more dismay that I actually went against the grain of the site meta.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

We are all allowed our one fuck up game. I take this one as mine. ;_;

But dear god if you are town, Bogre.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Bogre »

In post 2042, Oversoul wrote:Bogre, what's done is done. If you actually felt this game was important you would have commented on my Toogeloo iso. I saw you being antagonistic to a town read that I have had for pretty much the whole game and then RELYING on the fact that you were confirmed which given the setup may not even be confirmed.

Secondly, your ISO on him was weak, weak, wishy washy weak, which is why I didn't comment on it. You both said, "the other is town", basically, when you each should have been trying your damn hardest to find the scumminess in the other person.

You saw me being antagonistic to a town read of yours because I became convinced that he was scum, a town read that you should have immediately realized you were wrong about. But you held onto it stubbornly, instead choosing to believe the far-out scenario that I was a ninja scum.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

FUCK. YOU ARE TOWN.

lkmoiemsfoisemgoieghseogishegsoiehg

put the shackles on me and lock me in the cellar.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Bogre »

In post 2044, Oversoul wrote:... is not

WTF YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID OVERSOUL

It is more dismay that I actually went against the grain of the site meta.

Cause I try to not be one of the nasty, petty players who insult people for choosing wrong at endgame. It's a game.

Even though I'm pretty bemused (that's surprised and confused and frustrated) at your choice, and if you lived within facepalming distance you would have gotten one ;).
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

I hate LyLo. Why the fuck do I end up there so often.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”