The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In post 1624, Nuwen wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Otolia make a sensible post.

But this post was entirely necessary, of course.

To keep things on-topic: HerO looked phenomenally strong against Ret just now, really comfortable 2-0. Will be surprised if he doesn't make a very strong showing here.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Otolia »

I don't agree with the unprofessional aspect of things, that's a given. I don't want you to agree with me. But even if you disagree with me, I will never such treatment for the things I love.

Instead of saying : Hey those Millenium guys are not getting professional nearly as fast as they should (which is true to some extent and I value this slow and measured pace) and that's something they have to fix to gain more credibility, you are throwing stones. Instead of saying : Players should have been there to play, that kind of behavior isn't something I am expecting from people that consider themselves pro-gamers or think of being (only Stephano is on Millenium), you target an organisation as a whole. To some extent that's their fault too but Millenium is a semi-professional team not a completely professional one.

As much as I love the StarCraft II community, we spend more time destroy each other instead of helping each other and growing together.

PS : Oh and Nuwem, if you have a problem with me, you can send me a PM. Other than that, I consider I deserve respect as much as anyone here.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Otolia wrote:Instead of saying : Hey those Millenium guys are not getting professional nearly as fast as they should (which is true to some extent and I value this slow and measured pace) and that's something they have to fix to gain more credibility, you are
throwing stones
being realistic and not letting national pride get in the way of your opinions like I am. The fact that you are not taking this situation personally and are instead being rational about it is disrespectful to Milennium.
Summarized?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1627, DeathRowKitty wrote:
Otolia wrote:Instead of saying : Hey those Millenium guys are not getting professional nearly as fast as they should (which is true to some extent and I value this slow and measured pace) and that's something they have to fix to gain more credibility, you are
throwing stones
being realistic and not letting national pride get in the way of your opinions like I am. The fact that you are not taking this situation personally and are instead being rational about it is disrespectful to Milennium.
Summarized?

I don't know what you mean exactly. But I can try.

I understand your position on professionalism, I don't agree with it. Millenium should have played this game and not forfeited, they couldn't. I don't think it's unprofessional because StarCraft itself isn't there yet (that's my own conviction) and I wished criticism would have been expressed more precisely (player vs. team) and in a more positive way. And finally I hope you can understand my motives (emotional ties that are dating from before SC2 itself) and my reasons (cf. above)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

If I have learned one thing from MLG games it is that forcefielding zerg ramps is preeeetty good guys.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 1626, Otolia wrote:I don't agree with the unprofessional aspect of things, that's a given. I don't want you to agree with me. But even if you disagree with me, I will never such treatment for the things I love.

Instead of saying : Hey those Millenium guys are not getting professional nearly as fast as they should (which is true to some extent and I value this slow and measured pace) and that's something they have to fix to gain more credibility, you are throwing stones. Instead of saying : Players should have been there to play, that kind of behavior isn't something I am expecting from people that consider themselves pro-gamers or think of being (only Stephano is on Millenium), you target an organisation as a whole. To some extent that's their fault too but Millenium is a semi-professional team not a completely professional one.

As much as I love the StarCraft II community, we spend more time destroy each other instead of helping each other and growing together.

PS : Oh and Nuwem, if you have a problem with me, you can send me a PM. Other than that, I consider I deserve respect as much as anyone here.

In post 1628, Otolia wrote:
In post 1627, DeathRowKitty wrote:
throwing stones
Summarized?

I don't know what you mean exactly. But I can try.

I understand your position on professionalism, I don't agree with it. Millenium should have played this game and not forfeited, they couldn't. I don't think it's unprofessional because StarCraft itself isn't there yet (that's my own conviction) and I wished criticism would have been expressed more precisely (player vs. team) and in a more positive way. And finally I hope you can understand my motives (emotional ties that are dating from before SC2 itself) and my reasons (cf. above)

This is where we disagree. I feel that SC2 is mostly professional with a few outliers. You take the other side.

Do fans always act professional? Of course not. But you would never see Tom Brady do what a Patriots fan might do. You shouldn't measure the professionalism of a sport by some of the community that follows it. That is bound to attract some of the more undesirable elements.

Additionally, I feel that Mill, the organization, IS at fault. That this is not an issue with specific players, although they are contributing, but that this is a systematic problem with the team. They are NOT taking any of this seriously, and neither are you. You still won't take it seriously. This entire issue may even be more systematic within the French gaming community, but I'm not willing to go that far just based on the actions of one team.

If you truly believe that SC2 doesn't have the level of professionalism than it should, you should be MORE abhorred at the people who constantly keep it down and act unprofessional. We don't get better if we continue to allow this to happen, we need to strive to be MORE professional, not less. If we want to reach a acceptable level of respectability than we need to police our own.

As someone who is French you should be embaressed by their lack of professionalism, not giving your consent. Your voice should be the loudest calling for change, not giving them excuses and passes. Your head should be bowed in shame over the fact they are representing the French gamer community in such a way. They are making YOU look bad, and you're giving them excuses. STOP THAT.

We don't give people like Deezer breaks for the same reason. If a player or a team constantly thumbs their nose at everyone else, we don't say "O, well they just had a bad week." No, we say "They're a rotten apple and they need to either be tossed out or they need to step up." Look at CombatEx. He is stepping up to be more professional. Yes, he still uses mind games, but now he is actually stopping the BS tactics (stream sniping, etc). God help me, but Mill needs to be more like CombatEx and less like Deezer.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1628, Otolia wrote:I don't think it's unprofessional because StarCraft itself isn't there yet

So because you don't think it's professional, teams shouldn't strive to become professional about it? Rather, it's ok for them to perpetuate the cycle of unprofessionalism because "we're not there yet"?

You do realize we would never meet our full potential if we were to do that, right?

In post 1630, Kinetic wrote:Look at CombatEx. He is stepping up to be more professional.

Wow...

Otolia, I'm going to give you some advice from a seasoned vet of this scene who made his fair share of blunders.

Let your emotional attachment dwindle. Unless you are personally being affronted, let your emotions regarding the team and the organization go. Wipe them clean from your memory, and take an objective look at what you're actually seeing.

If you do this, you can go places in the scene. If you can't, you're doomed to failure.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 am

Post by AGar »

Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

AGar wrote:
In post 1630, Kinetic wrote:Look at CombatEx. He is stepping up to be more professional.

Wow...

I know. I can barely believe it either, but he's working toward legitimacy. We'll see how it turns out.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 am

Post by redFF »

MLG has been so amazing this weekend go nani!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

So many great games, but Huk and Idra were disappointing :(. Damn Leenock just sniping so many people. MMA, Idra, Huk, Boxer, Haypro. And holy shit Haypro. Where did he come from. Almost knocked out both MVP and Nestea. Too bad he only took out Nestea. Only. wow.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 am

Yeah, he "only" beat the former GSL champ with a 92% ZvZ winrate. :lol:
I like how his "Banjo" nickname has transcended /v/ now thanks to Passion. Good to see they are aware that not everyone is F5ing TL.net or Reddit.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by AGar »

Holy shit Leenock.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 pm

When Leenock finishes school and starts putting in the kind of time every other pro does, he is going to be terrifying. 3-1 against DRG is no mean feat. Just hope he can close it out.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm pulling for Nani, honestly. Would love to see a White Dude crush it again.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Something about Naniwa makes me dislike him, and I honest to god have no idea what it is. I think it's the fact he only makes eye contact with people about 10% of the time and spends the rest staring at his feet.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I want Nani to win too. I mean, he's awkward, and sometimes a bit mean because of his frustration, but there are few people in the world who want it as much as he does. And he is never satisfied. He won MLG Dallas, then got second in TSL3 soon after, and he was truly frustrated with himself for losing TSL3.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 1638, Knight of Cydonia wrote:When Leenock finishes school and starts putting in the kind of time every other pro does, he is going to be terrifying. 3-1 against DRG is no mean feat. Just hope he can close it out.

leenock doesn't go to school.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm

In post 1642, redFF wrote:
In post 1638, Knight of Cydonia wrote:When Leenock finishes school and starts putting in the kind of time every other pro does, he is going to be terrifying. 3-1 against DRG is no mean feat. Just hope he can close it out.

leenock doesn't go to school.

Really? I assumed he was still in some kind of schooling at 16... In fact I think Artosis made references to it, so...?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Kinetic »

The translator clarified that he didn't during the winner interview.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 am

Post by AGar »

So. Proleague. Starts in less than 12 hours.

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:00 am

Post by redFF »

yay!

dat team 8, jaehoon gonna take it home.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:06 am

Post by AGar »

I put Jaehoon on my anti-team. So he's bound to have a moderately successful season.

But I hope he gets his face roasted in.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Captain: Iris
Movie
Mind
Free