Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Llamarble »

Fine then, if VPB was not roleblocked he should say "I was not roleblocked" and then the 2 of us can 1v1.
Otherwise he can just say "either I was roleblocked or I do not know."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 896, Llamarble wrote:Hey DDDP, you're a logic-focused player; do you think knowing there's a third party, there was 1 kill, and VPB was roleblocked are grounds for lynching him?

Those are not grounds for a lynch at this time because there are too many unfounded assumptions you have to make to get there. You have to assume Quilford is telling the truth, that the third party role is a killing role, and that in a role madness game there is no better reason for a missing kill. Now tomorrow if there's two kills then that would go a long way towards proving the first two assumptions given a dead vig and it might be a credible line of thought.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am

Post by saulres »

In post 894, jasonT1981 wrote:I believe if submitted N1, he would have gotten the entire results from D1 on the setup.

Why do you make that assumption?

The mod has confirmed for me that given the order of night events, then if, say, hypothetically, the Mafia and an SK both submit kills, and the Mafia's kill was on the SK, then the SK's kill will not go through. That tells me that actions are resolved as they're gotten to, not at the beginning and then disseminated when they're gotten to.

So if they doesn't resolve until the point the list says they do, then either the mod made a mistake or Quil did. And the mod has told me he won't confirm or deny, at least not publicly in the thread.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Its just a feeling, as I said I have never seen this role before, nor how it works. I am going to try and find it on Wiki
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

ooooh interesting, you could be onto something

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... d_Role_PMs

Census
You may take a census, thus discovering the number of [Pro-Town] players, [Anti-Town] players, and [Neutral] players
that are alive at the end of the current night phase
. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing the number of [Pro-Town], [Anti-Town], and [Neutral] that are alive.

Quilford?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

It does list it as a pro town role though.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 am

Post by saulres »

Well yes. Which is why it would be a good fake claim, and why I feel the numbers as presented are a fake claim slip.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Quite honestly, this is okay speculation, but a distraction right now.

We don't know how the role pm was configured, so there's no reason to doubt his results right now, especially given the spontaneous and genuine manner of Quilford's claim.

If we go 3 or so more night with no evidence of a third party, then maybe it's time to talk. Not now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 899, Amrun wrote:I don't like this plan. It requires basically a role reveal from VPB to accomplish. :/ I can't think of any real alternative, though.

It's a role madness game, so not really.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 907, Amrun wrote:

If we go 3 or so more night with no evidence of a third party, then maybe it's time to talk. Not now.

completly agree
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:26 am

Post by saulres »

Would like to see someones not on my scummy list stop trying to shut down the argument.

Just sayin'.
On permanent
V/LA
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I agree with them.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Vi »

saulres - Remember how all that speculation in Magician Mafia went? That's pretty much where you're going now.
Also, I thought you were retiring :?

DDD's play is still superweak, lynch plz.
In related news, given that saulres is a new and eager player he might have found that catch in Quilford's claim as scum, but the odds don't favor it. UT-slash-saulres stays next door to Immortal Tier. Next bad accusation please.

I am loathe to depart from DDD but if I can get Sotty+me+saulres on xvart I might reconsider. saulres?

Llamarble is trying to tell us that his crap smells like beautiful Townie roses (and has been telling us this from the beginning from the game).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am

You know you want to vote for Ghostlin, Vi. Listen to the tiny Triceratops of Reason inside your head. It knows what it's talking about.

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

Post by saulres »

Fine then.
Unvote

But it's not the same setup speculation. It's looking at something very concrete in a story being told. That's how I caught two scum when I replaced into Small Town Scumbags; one of the scum was having a bad day and made a slip-up which I (eventually) caught.

Vi, I was retiring, but when I saw this player list I started watching it and when I saw what a fun setup it looked like I kept bothering (pestering?) zoraster to let me replace in if the opportunity presented itself.

As to voting for xvart? Or even DDD? They're both on my gut scummy side from when I was following the game instead of playing it, but you know me, I'm hesitant to vote unless I see something very solid I can sink my teeth into, or an ongoing pattern. I'm still rereading in depth (only at post 222 now) and haven't
quite
encountered anything that fits either of those bills, and there's still time before the day ends.

Also I'm getting used to seeing you "talk" like a normal person. It's weird :P
On permanent
V/LA
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 913, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Listen to the tiny Triceratops of Reason inside your head. It knows what it's talking about.
Tr...i...
Wait, wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaaaaaaaaait.
I'm
supposed to be the only one who speaks in bizarre metaphors. @.@

@saulres: Speculating on WHAT the third party is, or whether Quilford is an SK, is a little fruitless at this juncture. To be entirely fair, I'm not completely sold on the idea of Quilford being Town, and you very well may be correct, and I'd hate to see him coast to endgame on his claim alone
without first getting replaced by Setael
. But for Today, I'm willing to buy into the claim just because of how wildly unorthodox it is.

As to voting for xvart? Or even DDD? They're both on my gut scummy side from when I was following the game instead of playing it, but you know me, I'm hesitant to vote unless I see something very solid I can sink my teeth into, or an ongoing pattern. I'm still rereading in depth (only at post 222 now) and haven't quite encountered anything that fits either of those bills, and there's still time before the day ends.
That's because there
isn't anything solid to them
. DDD jumped onto the lewarcher wagon and egged it on pretty hard before and after the claim, then jumped on jason Today for voting Llamarble in the middle of the pack for a mildly scummy vote and hasn't really done much since. xvart has pretty much stayed in his comfortable tunnel and voted for Townies.

In this game, it's all about the Town reads. There are enough of them at this point that process of elimination on everyone else should take care of the game, or at least put a massive dent in the scumteam. That's the way it should be, but etc.

I can go back to *starspeak* again if not using it makes you really uncomfortable. :P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 915, Vi wrote:@saulres: Speculating on WHAT the third party is, or whether Quilford is an SK, is a little fruitless at this juncture.

But -- that's not my speculation. I didn't do that, and I'm not going to do that at this time. I was identifying what I believe to be a scumslip on a false role claim.

For far out speculation, I'd go with "Quilford's pet must be a horse who stomps its hooves when counting something" to get a role like that. But I'm not going there.

Damn.
On permanent
V/LA
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by glowball »

Saulres is town. This makes me happy.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Good point.
I'm curious to hear the flavor behind Q's claim.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by glowball »

Apologies, I have been less involved/committed than I should be. Just Nov/Dec tends to be a difficult time for me and I didn't realize. I promise more insights after Thursday and that means like legit posting instead of minimal comments I have been making.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 916, saulres wrote:
In post 915, Vi wrote:@saulres: Speculating on WHAT the third party is, or whether Quilford is an SK, is a little fruitless at this juncture.
But -- that's not my speculation. I didn't do that, and I'm not going to do that at this time. I was identifying what I believe to be a scumslip on a false role claim.
I thought I said something about that. *looks at actual post and tries again*

*a few revisions later*

The only objections I have to lynching Quilford at this juncture are
*I thought he was more likely Town D1
*There are people I believe are more likely to be scum
but I understand and appreciate your sentiment.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Also I agree with Llamarble for once.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

In post 916, saulres wrote:For far out speculation, I'd go with "Quilford's pet must be a horse who stomps its hooves when counting something" to get a role like that. But I'm not going there.

Quilford's pet is Kluger Hans?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Quilford's pet knows the Cha Cha Groove. "Two stomps this time!"
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by saulres »

Heh. I can't understand Vi even if she's not posting with a post restriction :D

glowball, why are you happy that I'm town? Last time we played together we were both town and the scum had a clean sweep.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”