Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1047, saulres wrote:
In post 1042, Kublai Khan wrote:Post 568
My original unanswered case.

"You jumped on the lewarcher82 wagon for the "glowball is fishing" argument"

Let's look at how that wagon formed. Vi started it at the top of page 3. That's page 3, when not even all the players in the game had posted even once yet. Then, in short order, with no reasoning whatsoever, CES,
xRECKONERx
, and Untrod Tripod (my former slotholder) all voted for lew. Only then, in 61, did Ghostlin "jump" on the wagon, but at least he had the decency to put forth an argument against Lew. The other three didn't.

Huh?
Cogito Ergo Sum random voted lewarcher82. Then he jumped off when it became a serious wagon because he didn't agree with it and/or found Llamarble more scummy at the time.
Untrod Tripod random voted lewarcher82. Then he justified his vote and actively pushed for his lynch with (and this is my judgement call) sincerity.
Ghostlin random voted lewarcher82. Then he phoned it in the rest of the day with semantics.

Do you understand the difference in play? The random vote didn't make him scummy, the fact that he coasted on it makes him scummy.

In post 1047, saulres wrote:Next, Ghostlin's original scumreads are here. No votes at all on Llama at the time, so to say he was "trying to groundfloor on the new big wagon" later is completely not taking into account his scumread of llama at the time.

Think about it. Ghostlin's "case" on Llamarble at that time was his non-contribution. Now factor in the fact that Llamarble wasn't sitting on the lynch wagon and he posted a bunch of reads in twilight. Ghostlin voted for Llamarble because he thought Llamarble was going to be an easy target. Ghostlin has been trying to be Mr. "Middle of the Pack".

In post 1047, saulres wrote:I'll do more research on the claims on Monday but I'm not so convinced, especially when one of them is "he's posting in other games but not here". At least he's forthcoming about it. Jason, who's doing the same thing, keeps ignoring that charge.

You should probably justify your strong-town read on Ghostlin before the deadline.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

No.... you are distorting things. you make it out as if I am posting actively in games while not here, when my last post in the game you are referencing was Thursday and like this game had nothing else until today from me. The only one I had been active in Since Wed/Thursday was my own modded game to post vote counts.

No other game had any posts from me until today, after Wed/Thursday.

So stop making out like I was avoiding this game and posing actively in others, when a simple look at my posts from my profile will confirm I had not posted in any other game since Wednesday or Thursday. With the exception of my own to post VC.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Jason you're wasting time with this argument when you should be catching up with the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sooooo

people presented their cases, you going to still pretend like Ghostlin isn't scummy?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Eh. I still think there are better lynches, yes.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

While I still think Sotty is town, I do question her vote on me. It seemed to come after pressure to clarify her stance on me when she was questioned about her tiers and read on me etc.

Anyway, I am actually quite content we will hit scum with Ghost, out of him and Xvart I would rather lynch Ghostlin. He has been a scum read for me since my catchup post D1 and has done little to convince me otherwise. Glowball and Xvart can be looked at tomorrow in more detail. I feel we will hit at least 2 scum from those 3.

unvote
vote: Ghostlin
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Good lord. That's it?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 wrote:Eh. I still think there are better lynches, yes.
It's okay; we can lynch DDD Tomorrow. It would be a shame to let Appenine Mafia repeat itself.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1056, Sotty7 wrote:Good lord. That's it?

No, its L-1. Not lynch.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I was commenting on your play these last few days actually.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 992, Sotty7 wrote:
Umm... Jason isn't my second scum read. Are you even reading what I post? He's like 4th at best.

So if I am 4th at best... WHY are you voting me?

In post 1000, Llamarble wrote:It's true that you being roleblocked last night does rule you out as the killsubmitter if only one kill was submitted.
My vote is definitely based on dayplay read rather than night action.

I see it as the other way around.

In post 1004, Vi wrote:jason (mistakenly labeled saulres in 970) can vote xvart too.

Put your votes where your mouth is.

please don't try to direct my vote... I don't like it when people do this.

In post 1006, VP Baltar wrote:seems to me like Ghostlin is a much more viable wagon than xvart

Yea, I agree... Xvart and Glow need looked at heavily tomorrow though

saulres looks really bad with her push on me over posting.

Anyone can see here

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... 5&sr=posts

that I had no posts in any other game from Thursday until today with the exception of my own modded game to post VC
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 1060, jasonT1981 wrote:So if I am 4th at best... WHY are you voting me?

Deadline.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1061, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 1060, jasonT1981 wrote:So if I am 4th at best... WHY are you voting me?

Deadline.

Who are your other suspects again?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Xvart/VP/Glow.

Your lurking puts you over Ghostlin for a comprise vote. Seeing as you two are the only current viable wagons I moved onto you. If you had been active you could have placed your vote on Xvart and we would have had five votes there. So much for him not being viable.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

fair enough. Xvart only came on my radar D2. Ghost has been on it since D1 which is why my vote is there as opposed to Xvart. I would hardly call it lurking though, the line between not actually being about as much and lurking seems to be blured. The only game that had any real attention from me was my own one.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty, you're really doing shit all right now, so it's pretty hypocritical for you to sit there and rip into jason for a less than impressive catchup. All I've seen you do the past few days is complain about Ghostlin getting lynched, while having very little reason to think 'other lynches are better' as far as I can tell. I find it pretty unrealistic that you see his play as that townie.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 1035, saulres wrote:And I wonder if Roxi will vote before the hammer this time so we can look for scum amongst the hammerers as the game goes on instead of having that option taken away from us by a chicken townie.

Vi pointed this out, saul: how do you know Roxi is controlled by a townie?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Quilford »

Also I'm not sure of a Ghostlin lynch anymore, but whatever.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:26 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1066, Quilford wrote:how do you know Roxi is controlled by a townie?

I don't. But without some for sure way of identifying Roxi's owner, there's no way to look at a pattern of hammers and the timings thereof as a useful tell (as I did in my last game to help identify the final scum).

In post 1060, jasonT1981 wrote:saulres looks really bad with her push on me over posting.

"His" please :wink:

Also please explain how this is "distorting things": I said you were posting in other games but not here, but didn't specifically refer to after Thursday; you're the one who brought that timeframe in. On Thursday you made five posts in another game, and none here. On Wednesday, after your last post in this thread, you made 10 in the other game. Last Sunday you posted 9 times in other games, and only once in this one, to say "Will be back fully tomorrow. Been out a bit this weekend." I could go back.

That, to me, is posting actively in other games and not in this one. At least own that for whatever reason, you're putting more effort into the other ones you're playing than into this one.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1067, Quilford wrote:Also I'm not sure of a Ghostlin lynch anymore, but whatever.

Why do you hate America?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Quilford »

They missed a hyphen.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 1065, VP Baltar wrote:Sotty, you're really doing shit all right now, so it's pretty hypocritical for you to sit there and rip into jason for a less than impressive catchup.
All I've seen you do the past few days is complain about Ghostlin getting lynched
, while having very little reason to think 'other lynches are better' as far as I can tell. I find it pretty unrealistic that you see his play as that townie.

This hasn't happened. I'm not stopping the Ghostlin lynch, I'm not defending the cases. I asked for clarification and people gave it. It's not a stellar case in my opinion but it's not terrible either. I just prefer a Jason compromise over a Ghostlin one.

I'd hammer Ghostlin in a deadline situation if we needed it.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

saulres, the point i am trying to make is you are making it as if I wass active all over Thursday/friday/today with your 15 posts
from
thursday. The last of 15 posts or whatever the number was, was Thursday, not FROM thursday. there is a huge difference.

My last post in any game was thursday, and my last in this game, and another wednesday. You are trying to push it that I was ignoring this game completly, while constantly ignoring here when it shows I was not active from thursday until today in ANY game.

They was you worded it, really makes it show that you are saying I was active from Thursday until today. Which is completley a misrep
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by glowball »

OKay I am re reading the game and I have a few derpish questions, but humor me please...

Did CES ever address his fake governing and why he would do something like that day 1?

Jason, what is your current read on Llam?

Is it weird that I want to say there were no scum on the Day 1 lynch? The SK (prob DDD) is probably on there though. Which leaves Sotty, Amrun,CES, Jason, xvart, Llam. Llam is probtown. Oh look even after re reading I have the same suspects although one of them is innocent...

The Ghostlin wagon is stupid, just like the Llam wagon was and there seems to be some sort of voting block with Sotty, CES, and Amrun when I ISO'd the mod's vote counts. It's rubbing me the wrong way.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1073, glowball wrote:Did CES ever address his fake governing and why he would do something like that day 1?

In post 1073, glowball wrote:The Ghostlin wagon is stupid, just like the Llam wagon was and there seems to be some sort of voting block with Sotty, CES, and Amrun when I ISO'd the mod's vote counts. It's rubbing me the wrong way.

Deadline is coming up. So either you need to argue why you're in favor of a no-lynch because you aren't putting forth any other option.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”