broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by broomhead »

but heres the thing, if the cop chooses people at random(yes, i know he doesn't) then that one
random
person will be confirmed innocent. then mafia will
not
choose a random person, they will choose the person the cop picked, then kill him. so in essence the mafia still kill a random person. but that argument is only saying that there is no downside to revealing innocents.

the upsides are good:

1) with the more innocents the town has, the less chance of a misguided bandwagon.

2)with more proven innocents, there may come a time where there are more confirmed, then un-confirmed. thus ending in a win(assuming no wrong confirmed.***)

3) the doc(i know we've got a doc, i have full confidence that is was a protection, and not a roleblock. ****). like i was saying, the doc can choose to take chances and try and outguess the mafia to stop their kill, or can just go the safe route(i recommend) and protect the cop. the cop is extremely vital to this plan.

oh and vismajor, maybe we just can understand each other, but when you quoted me and said:

I said:
broomhead wrote: the way i see it, the more innocents we get the better. then we can just kill off the non-proven people and win the game
then you said,
vismajor wrote:This is exactly why.

the way i understand it is that you didn't want the innocents revealed. i did. so when you say, "this is exactly why" it says to me that it makes it harder for the mafia, so we shouldn't do it.

***i feel the cop is proven sane, unless its a HUGE cover up witch at this point there are too many people involved to be a cover up.

****oh and don't get all over excited that i said i know we have a doc. its apparent to me through discussion that we do. and i'd prefer not to say anymore. this is no way constitutes that i claim or not claim doc, and try not to read so far into the doc comment that it gets out of hand
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by VisMaior »

NOno, lets assume a theroretical situation.

1. cop always reveals innocents. Mafia always kills the innocents the cop pikced. We have at any time at most 1 confirmed innocent.

2.cop does not reveal innocents, only if necessary (eg. an innocent is about to strung up, or the doc dies)
Mafia cant surely pick the same target who got innocent. We could end up with multiple confirmed innocents. In worst case we are at the same situation as 1. But that is very unlikely.

So multiple confirmed innocents > 1 confirmed innocent. Thus, requesting instantly revealing innocents is an antitown move.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 11:57 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Sentinel99 wrote:
Vote: VisMaior

Let the wagon proceed.
Unvote, Vote:Sentinel999

I feel uneasy about this post....

Very quick to vote on someone who was gathering a few votes.
You used to be alright
What happened?
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 1:27 am

Post by bluesoul »

I was too, but he's a Mason. I didn't want to look, well, like scum by voting a mason.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 1:38 am

Post by broomhead »

VisMaior wrote:NOno, lets assume a theroretical situation.

1. cop always reveals innocents. Mafia always kills the innocents the cop pikced. We have at any time at most 1 confirmed innocent.

2.cop does not reveal innocents, only if necessary (eg. an innocent is about to strung up, or the doc dies)
Mafia cant surely pick the same target who got innocent. We could end up with multiple confirmed innocents. In worst case we are at the same situation as 1. But that is very unlikely.

So multiple confirmed innocents > 1 confirmed innocent. Thus, requesting instantly revealing innocents is an antitown move.
according to #2 there are no benefits of withholding innocents.

and as i said, we can play doc games if the doc is confident enough, but the cop is so important.

this argument on innocents is going no where. and the cop hasn't even weighed in on it. he's heard both our arguments lets let him decide.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 1:49 am

Post by VisMaior »

according to #2 there are no benefits of withholding innocents.
Gah! What? Having more confirmed innocents is no benefit? What is the benefit of #1 then? Are you reading what I wrote at all?
this argument on innocents is going no where
backing out eh? Is the debate not going the way you wish it did? You look scummyer by the minute.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 1:51 am

Post by VisMaior »

In fact,
unvote, vote Broomhead
. You are either very dense, or plainly scum.
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 2:18 am

Post by Sentinel99 »

Curses. Teaches me to think I'm invincible. That "wagon jumping post" was me pretty much screwing around. I do think that Vis seems a little scummy, but I can't really back it. Brizzy voted him, and I was feeling inclined to follow the cop at the time. All in all I'm happy with my vote placement.
"...the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 2:55 am

Post by bluesoul »

Sentinel99 wrote:Curses. Teaches me to think I'm invincible. That "wagon jumping post" was me pretty much screwing around. I do think that Vis seems a little scummy, but I can't really back it. Brizzy voted him, and I was feeling inclined to follow the cop at the time. All in all I'm happy with my vote placement.
The cop is not infallible. As a matter of fact, he got an innocent result. Blindly following someone else is good enough to merit a
Unvote, Vote Sentinel99
in my book. You're pushing awfully hard for someone that only has a dead guy to back you up.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Osloboditelj
Osloboditelj
Goon
Osloboditelj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 3:24 am

Post by Osloboditelj »

If Sentinel wasn't relatively new and likely to be a mason considering his play, I'd definitely vote him for that incredibly dense couple of posts. Still, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Broomhead's post 150 is possibly the scummiest thing I've seen in this thread, though. Ignoring the possibility of an investigationimmune GF? Ignoring the fact that any confirmed innocent (especially a power role like HIAB) is an instant target for scum? Ignoring the fact that, if a cop holds his innocents until they're almost lynched, we can look at who pushed hard against that person to possibly find scum? Claiming to know there's a doc but then being ambiguous on the insinuation that he's the doc? Then (Post 154) arguing completely backward? ugh.
Vote: Broomhead
Show
You've got your hands over your ears
You've got your mouth running on
You've got your eyes looking for something
That can never be found - like a reason
Good God I don't need a reason.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 4:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, Broomhead is pretty clearly wrong here.

Still, at the moment, the most suspicious thing I've seen is the way Bluesoul has been jumping back and forth on the audacesiuvat issue all day, contradicting himself at least once, so I think I'll keep my vote there for the moment.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 4:45 am

Post by bluesoul »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, Broomhead is pretty clearly wrong here.

Still, at the moment, the most suspicious thing I've seen is the way Bluesoul has been jumping back and forth on the audacesiuvat issue all day, contradicting himself at least once, so I think I'll keep my vote there for the moment.
I made myself look pretty bad, it's true. I've gotten so confused on that issue that I'm pretty much ignoring it for now.

Osloboditelj (good lord, what's with these names?) makes a good case against Broomhead, though. Can we get a
Vote Count
, please?
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 4:48 am

Post by Sentinel99 »

Unvote, Vote bluesoul
"...the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 5:50 am

Post by broomhead »

fine, i can see that everyone else wants the results held as well. touche.
BAMB!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 8:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

broomhead wrote:fine, i can see that everyone else wants the results held as well. touche.

Basically,I've seen more then one of these minis get won by the town simply because of a cofirmed cop and two or three other confirmed innocents, all revealed at once, at a point when they together form enough of a pro-town voting block so that the town can not lose. So, I generally think it's best to hold back innocent results so long as is practical. There are exceptions, but I don't see how this is one of them right now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
BrizzyBoi
BrizzyBoi
Goon
BrizzyBoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 11:05 am

Post by BrizzyBoi »

I now see the merits of withholding innocent investigations, and will only reveal guilty results unless absolutely necessary.

I can see why Broomhead could want them revealed, but after VisMaior's counter opinion, I can see why those reasons could easily be present in a scum player.

Unvote: VisMaior

However, something still doesn't sit right with me about Sentinel and hasn't for a long time, so I believe it is time to upgrade my FOS: Sentinel99 to a
Vote: Sentinel99
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by broomhead »

wait, people, unless i am mistaken, a dead mason confirmed him as his counter mason? am i thinking of someone else? i mean its hard to be more confirmed. i think he's just a townie that thinks too much of himself
BAMB!
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by bluesoul »

He claims to be the mason of the dead Farmer. We've got no confirmation from the deceased aside from some breadcrumbing. I still don't like his attitude in game.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by Drummer »

Sorry everyone, I had finals to worry over. But now they're done!

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

VisMaior--1(broomhead)
Sentinel99--4(help im a bug, Der Hammer, bluesoul, BrizzyBoi)

broomhead--1(VisMaior)
bluesoul--1(Sentinel99)

Not voting--3(Yosarian, Osloboditelj, audacesiuvat)

With ten alive, it's six to lynch.

MOD NOTE: ALERT ME TO ANY ERRORS IN THIS VOTECOUNT. SOMETHINGS SEEMS OFF TO ME.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by broomhead »

well just because you don't like him, i think the breadcrumming was pretty solid. voting for a pretty much confirmed role like that is extremely scummy and stupid at the same time! i mean its only 2 more to kill him! and as far as i am concerned, he's innocent!
BAMB!
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by help im a bug »

unvote
oh no
BrizzyBoi
BrizzyBoi
Goon
BrizzyBoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 3:41 pm

Post by BrizzyBoi »

Just some random thoughts about who to lynch today -

Alright after rereading, Sentinel99 has defended Stikey from the start, couple this with the breadcrumbing and I now firmly believe that Sentinel99 is the mason he claimed and pro town.
UnVote: Sentinel99

Audacesiuvat is getting tested tonight over his postman type ability so I don't think that he is the play for today.

I'd like to think that I am off the suspect list :wink:

HIAB has been named innocent by my investigations, that is enough for me to take him off my suspect list.

VisMaior seems to have the towns best interests at heart and with nothing else to go on, I am going to
Vote: Broomhead
for so vehemently disagreeing with VisMaior.

That is all I can surmise at the moment, anyone elsehave any other insights?
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by help im a bug »

I don't know, I just feel confused at the moment. I'm going to clear my head then take a reread.
oh no
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by bluesoul »

Unvote, Vote Broomhead

Perhaps Sentinel is protown but his playstyle is just awful in this game, to the point of distracting the town. Broomhead is my most suspect after Sentinel due to sheer wrongheadedness so I don't have any problems with moving the vote from here to there.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I think sentinel is solid. The "breadcrumbing" is actually quiet impressive. (What I dont get why had sentinel not breadcrumbed stickey? Ah well. )
FOS bluesoul
I feel he is wishy-washy in his voting pattern.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”