Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Post by Sentinel99 »

I still believe aud. I mean, call it WIFOM if you will, but I don't think scum would throw it in our faces. aud was resigned to lynching at one point, and if we gave him one night we can give him another. I still think blue is scum, and I still can't prove it. I think aud made a perfectly reasonable assumption, and I think that blue is just pushing a little too hard on this lynch.
"...the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Actually, I believe aud. I expected Brizboi to be alive today too, so if he is real, Briz was a logical choice, OTOH if he is scum Briz is highly illogical, as a protection would have been expeted.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

VisMaior wrote:Actually, I believe aud. I expected Brizboi to be alive today too, so if he is real, Briz was a logical choice, OTOH if he is scum Briz is highly illogical, as a protection would have been expeted.
But of course if aud is lying, he could have just planned to claim that he sent the note to whomever died last night.

Still, his story does make good sense. (shrug) Dosn't really convince me he's town or convince me he's scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
audacesiuvat
audacesiuvat
Goon
audacesiuvat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:07 am

Post by audacesiuvat »

If you had to pick a person to send the message to, who would it be? It had to be somebody who a) would survive the night and b) wasn't scum. I had 3 viable candidates, BrizzyBoi, Sentinel, and HIAB. HIAB I thought would be the quick pick for a scum kill, since he was confirmed pro-town and has an ability. I almost went with Senitnel, but I picked BrizzyBoi because, despite his role, he had already survived one night. I had no reason to suspect that he wouldn't survive a second night.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:34 am

Post by VisMaior »

But of course if aud is lying, he could have just planned to claim that he sent the note to whomever died last night.
But that would imply that he is a badguy different from the mafia. I only see 1 NK. He could be some sort of cult tough, but then why not just recruit someone who would have supported his claim?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

VisMaior wrote:
But that would imply that he is a badguy different from the mafia. I only see 1 NK. He could be some sort of cult tough, but then why not just recruit someone who would have supported his claim?
Huh?

Why would it imply anything of the sort?

I was just saying that if (for some reason) he was scum who claimed to have an ability he didn't actually have, the logical thing to do would be to say "Oh, I tried to send the message to X last night, it's a shame he died." I don't think that's the most likely possibility, though, as it'd be an odd fake claim for a scum to make.
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Sentinel99 »

Right now, I most suspect Blue and VisMaior. I know I've been on Blue from the start just about, but I still really think he's scum. I mean, he's been pushing dumb wagons with weak logic the whole game. Also, Vis has a tendency to throw out some of the weirdest reasoning I've ever encountered. All in all, I'm probably not changing my vote from Blue until he's lynched, or unless another cop suddenly claims guilty somewhere else, which I find unlikely.
"...the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Post by bluesoul »

Sentinel99 wrote:Right now, I most suspect Blue and VisMaior. I know I've been on Blue from the start just about, but I still really think he's scum. I mean,
he's been pushing dumb wagons with weak logic the whole game
. Also, Vis has a tendency to throw out some of the weirdest reasoning I've ever encountered. All in all, I'm probably not changing my vote from Blue until he's lynched, or unless another cop suddenly claims guilty somewhere else, which I find unlikely.
Hey kettle, you're black! :?
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:04 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I was just saying that if (for some reason) he was scum who claimed to have an ability he didn't actually have, the logical thing to do would be to say "Oh, I tried to send the message to X last night, it's a shame he died."
What I meant was, if he did plan that, and he would have had control over the NK, he would have surely chosen someone who was expected to actually die. (eg not Briz)

Just imagine, that you are scum and claimed that weir thing. You have to chose: try to kill Brix, who is expected to be protected, thus your kill will probably fail, and your scheme gets exposed, or someone else who will probably succeed and your scheme gets not exposed? Its just illogical to try and kill Briz, were he in charge of the NK.
Also, Vis has a tendency to throw out some of the weirdest reasoning I've ever encountered
Er.. weird reasoning? For example?
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by Sentinel99 »

Weird logic. Also your post just above mine. If he was lying, why would he need to message anyone at all? He could just claim his message didn't go through.

@ Blue: It's only a wagon if others pick it up. I've just been riding you. :wink:

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:22 am

Post by Drummer »

OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT

bluesoul--1(Sentinel99)

Not voting--(a lot)

Good conversation! Keep it up! I'll be gone from this coming Sunday(the 11th) through Thursday(the 15th). I'll be able to log back in on Friday. I'm sure you guys can keep it together by yourselves for a few days. If you like, you can use unofficial votecounts.
Last edited by Drummer on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:33 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Weird logic? I just explained.
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by Sentinel99 »

See, upon a second reading that made a ton more sense. I see what you're saying. You're going on the assumption that he's scum who also has control of a messaging ability. I was thinking along the lines of his not even having a message ability. Apologies.

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:51 am

Post by VisMaior »

Where is the rest of the people? HIAB? oslo? der hammer?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 am

Post by VisMaior »

You're going on the assumption that he's scum who also has control of a messaging ability.
Er, no. Let me explain.

Hypothetical situation 1
Lets say he is scum, who did claim that role (pretty stupid in itself tough, but for comparisons sake).Lets assume he has NO message sending ability. Everybody as acted the way they acted (EG he fell under suspicion). What can he do? He decides, he will claim to have sent the message to whomever died. IF he is also in control of the kill, who is he going to go after? Brizboy, who will most probably survive, (well he did not, but that could not have been known at night) , and foil his scheme in the morning, or some random other townie?

Hypotheticl situation 2
OTOH if he is who he claims to be, who is he going to send the message? Some random townie, who could get killed? Or Briz, who is most probably survive the night? (well, he did not, but that was unlikely back then)

Also, if he is scum AND has an ability to send messages, why claim to have sent for the one who died? Thatd be stupid play.

See my reasoning now?
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:37 am

Post by Sentinel99 »

Not entirely.

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, that makes sense. Well, I honestly never really disbieleved his ability anyway, because that's be a pretty irratioanl claim to make if you didn't think you'd be able to back it up. The ability could be scum or town, either is possible and I've seen both, but I see no specific reason to suspect him at the monent.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Post by Drummer »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Osloboditelj is supposed to be replaced. I mentioned that already. However, his replacement hasn't shown, so I'm gonna get another. Also help im a bug has requested replacement, so I'll get on that as well.
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:45 am

Post by Sentinel99 »

Is anybody still in?

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I'm still playing
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:49 am

Post by Drummer »

Hmm. Everyone is still playing, they just aren't talking. I can work with that. After I finish the replacements, a deadline will probably be set.

Scalebane replaces Osloboditelj, effective immediately. Still looking for a replacement for help im a bug.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:55 am

Post by VisMaior »

Im still around also.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Scalebane »

So, in real life, I graduate from highschool tomorrow. That being the case, I'll try and catch up on the game sometime this weekend and then try to actually contribute.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by Drummer »

Okay!

help im a bug is replaced by Armlx, effective immediately.

I take it by everyone's silence that they're either waiting for the replacements to happen or they are certain of their suspicions. Let's get it going. I'll see how everything is going when I get back on Friday.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Post by armlx »

Ok. I'm here, and I have to say I have no clue why Aud. is still alive. We already have 1 mason group thing, so it seems complete BS. The other scum is prolly either Scalebane or Bluesoul.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”