#335 Road to Perdition - Finiretur (<- Over)

Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:51 am

Post by Mackay »

Masterchief wrote:Sorry people I forgot about this game too and like thesp, i too am getting annoyed with all of these long posts.
No, not "like Thesp". Not "getting" annoyed. You showed up late and now you're complaining because you have to read long posts. You don't have the right to be annoyed about something you didn't bother showing up to prevent.

Just sayin'.

Welcome to the game, connor, Masterchief. I'm not usually so mean. :) There is an advantage to this, a slightly 'outside' perspective might be useful. As you've both had to read in one go rather than being slowly sucked into the vortex of admittedly very tedious long posts (heck,
writing
them was boring), does anything stand out to the two of you in particular? Connor, what's the reasoning for your Max vote?
- Mackay
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Mackay »

Masterchief, in response to your question about TB, I might as well explain why I find him suspicious, as I'm not sure he knows himself, what with it being lost in a whole lot of blah blah blah on my part. I'm a sucker for having the last word.

It began with a disagreement over self-voting, which is where I think his confusion stems. First of he FOSed four people for "making such a big deal" out of the self-voters. That didn't particularly stand out to me.

The first thing which caught my attention was what he admits to be an "overaggressive" response to my vote upon chaotic_diablo for his self-vote, launching an attack against me while still voting for ibaesha.

As the argument goes on, he contradicts himself a couple of times, most notably the fact that he is both arguing that the current discussion was worthless and we should move on to something else, and then that he was gaining information from the current discussion. He posted these in the same post; I quoted them right at the end of the last huge one I made, if you want a quick reference. He also accused me of not responding to his points, while only selectively quoting my posts and having taken at least one phrase completely out of context.

It was mostly this dishonest style of argument that kept my vote on him, but I was mostly still open to other options had something scummier come up, until both the quote mentioned in Thesp's last post, and this:
You were the one that stated that all people who are linked are probably evil. Since you FoS'ed them all, you were suspicious of all of them to be mafia. If they are all mafia, they are together in something. So you actually were implying that they had something to do with eachother, you just refuse to see it.
The first sentence again is a dishonest interpretation of my point, but anyway. This paragraph here holds the strong assumption that there is only one mafia group within this game. How would he possibly know that? My response is that it is because he is part of said mafia group.

Unconscious assumptions that other people are townies + unconscious assumptions about the number of mafia groups = someone with extra knowledge which they're not telling. In my opinion.

I hope this post doesn't get me stabbed by Thesp. At least it's not full of quote boxes.
- Mackay
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:48 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

thesp wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:How so?
Because your craptacular answers will get you vigged/lynched. I swear if I wasn't so sure TB hadn't made some major slip up I would vote for you forty times over now. If I could lynch two people at once you would be the other. plzdiekthxbai
My life is on the line because you hate how I talk? BS.
Thesp wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:The post is mostly directed to Raj. However, I feel that there are others who also fulfill the requirements to an extent.
Like who? Or are you going to continue to vaguely throw out accusations without substance?
I'd like you to get to the point.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by Masterchief »

OK... In light of Mackay's very convincing opinion and the fact that he has done nothing to deny this, I have to say
STRONGFoS:TB
Unless he comes up with a defense, thats what I'm going to have to leave it at.
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by Primate »

'sup Masterchief, are you just stopping by, or are you really in this game?

I nearly lynched TB in the last game I was in with him for the exact reasons that you lot are thinking of lynching him now. All I can say is that his behaviour is consistent with how he behaved before, when he was town, but I've never seen him as scum, so I can't really defend his playstyle. This new style of pseudo-lurking that involves making posts too long for people to be bothered to read is new though.

Most of this is just as it comes to me from reading, there's too much stuff for me to be bothered making the post organised. Plus, it's been about a day and a half without sleep for me, so all this comes with the caveat that it might not make any sense at all.

TB, I would say that diverting a conversation is pretty much the same thing as quashing it, and you have admitted that you were diverting it. Then again, it was early game discussion and more theoretical than scum-searching, so I can understand your eagerness to get started on what you may perceive as hunting mafia.

Fosing lot's of people at once is not inherently scummy imho, but TB's over defensiveness seemed to kick in once and he treated it as if it was whilst defending his point, which interests me.

I, like TB, don't buy the 'voting for yourself' is scummy argument. It's against both sides interests do vote for themselves, so why pick out one over the other? Don't see why he didn't try and argue this instead of diverting the argument though.

Raj is a playa'

FosWintergreen
for getting on a packed wagon so casually.

TB seems like he's misrepresenting things in his eagerness to lynch, something I can't easily square with a pro-town player, even one of TB's overenthusiasm.

MiniFos Mackay
for being so balls to wall in his attack of TB.

Thesp: I don't see the 'appears to think they're townies' thing atm, I'll have another look in the morning.

In conclusion, if TB didn't have so many votes on him at the minute, I'd vote him. But he has. So I won't. It's too early to be lynching.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:53 pm

Post by Max »

unvote:max

vote: connor
for senseless band waggoning
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Primate wrote:I nearly lynched TB in the last game I was in with him for the exact reasons that you lot are thinking of lynching him now.
Does he usually let slip that he thinks several people are pro-town?

You're also wishy-washy much on TB as a whole. Hmm...

I think TB, chaotic_diablo, and Primate are a scum crew together. Early guess, much more convinced about the first two, obviously.
chaotic_diablo wrote:I'd like you to get to the point.
You said, "I feel that there are others who also fulfill the requirements to an extent", in regards to:
chaotic_diablo wrote:What troubles me most are the people who bandwagon TB and are not reading any of his posts and are instead, taking the side of the person who they support, assuming that he's made a good argument. IMO, the bystanders are just looking for a way to end day one as quickly as they can.
I asked you whom those were. You evaded the question. I suspect there
aren't
any others who fulfill that requirement, and you are throwing out baseless accusations to intimidate people off the bandwagon. This is hugely, hugely scummy.

I don't see a problem with running up TB at this point. I really don't. Pressure a fake claim from him then lynch him.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:36 am

Post by Masterchief »

I like that idea. It just might work.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:50 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Thep wrote:I asked you whom those were. You evaded the question. I suspect there aren't any others who fulfill that requirement, and you are throwing out baseless accusations to intimidate people off the bandwagon. This is hugely, hugely scummy.
There are others who fulfill the requirement. However, you should note that they do not fulfill it to its maximum. The reason why I don't want to reveal them is because they fill it so minimally, that it isn't worth telling. For instance, you are rushing the lynch with your refusal to read long posts with the inclusion of a weak argument against TB.

As far as intimidating people off the bandwagon, that isn't the goal. Mackay has brought up several good points against TB and revealed a contradiction. However, people seem to be rushing far too quickly on the bandwagon without really thinking. I don't mind intimidating people off a bandwagon if it includes revealing that they have a weak opinion. Obviously that means they are not on there for the reasons you might believe in. Unless they think a bit, then jump on the bandwagon, I don't want to rush a lynch.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:55 am

Post by Masterchief »

Why are you suddenly deciding to stick up for TB?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:27 am

Post by Primate »

Thesp wrote:
Primate wrote:I nearly lynched TB in the last game I was in with him for the exact reasons that you lot are thinking of lynching him now.

I know I'm wishy-washy on the subject of TB, and it's really annoying me. He's a player that gives off 'noob' scum tells whilst town, and I know that referring to playstyle as an indicator is a really weak defense, but I felt it should be brought up, as it's a fairly major player in my opinion of him, at least.

Generalising specific tells to a particular player from a couple of games in which we're not even sure of his alignment in one is a bit silly in my opinion, but to answer your question, no he did not slip that he thought anyone was pro-town in the previous game. In contrast, he trusted absolutely no-one, and jumped on every little tell, enthusiastic to a fault.

The whole of the matter is that despite the tells and evidence presented against him, I am still not 100% convinced by TB's guilt. Now I'm not asking for anyone to try and convince me, as I have taken in all the evidence aboard, and am mulling it around, but before I make a move this early on day 1, I would like TB to do a bit more to convince me of his motives.

@ChaoticDiablo. You call the argument against TB weak? Why do you say that it's weak? I consider it rather strong. Plus, lots of people on a bandwagon != quicklynch. We'll lynch him when we're ready.

I, also, would like you to name some names when you make these sweeping accusations of an entire bandwagon. On top of the scumminess aspect, it makes it very difficult for anyone to defend or agree with your argument.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:31 am

Post by Masterchief »

Has anyone here besides me noticed that TB still has not put up a cunter argument. Not even a poorly planned, really bad defense?I'm about to vote him, but I'm going to give it a bit and see if he dosen't respond yet.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
connor
connor
Townie
connor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:35 am

Post by connor »

because i know him in person so he knows me
Show
What ever people say I am That's exactly what they think

Whether or not is obviously 50% percent chance

I am a complete Newbie to MS
connor
connor
Townie
connor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:38 am

Post by connor »

unvote vote:connor
Show

connor
connor
Townie
connor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:38 am

Post by connor »

oh i hate my self
lol :lol:
Show

connor
connor
Townie
connor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:46 am

Post by connor »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shorten your posts please im only going tocmplain because we are on the 5th page and its hard to keep up with every one
Show

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:55 am

Post by Max »

connor wrote:because i know him in person so he knows me
Hey wait a minute we are on page 5 make all your posts in 1
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:58 am

Post by Primate »

Connor, it would be appreciated if you posted something that contributed to the discussion, especially with so much to discuss.

You probably should try and make as few posts as possible as well, I know that you had four things to say, but theres no reason they couldn't have been in the same post.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:59 am

Post by Thesp »

Masterchief wrote:Has anyone here besides me noticed that TB still has not put up a cunter argument. Not even a poorly planned, really bad defense?I'm about to vote him, but I'm going to give it a bit and see if he dosen't respond yet.
Let's wait for him to respond in any instance. We'll get him prodded if we need to.

Mod: Vote count, please.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:48 am

Post by ibaesha »

What's with the connor and Max thing? I don't get it.

Max votes himself. Then connor votes for Max. Max unvotes and votes connor for bandwagonning? (there's no max-wagon) Then connor unvotes and votes for himself?

Is this stupid newbie antics or what?
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Mackay »

I was about to comment on how the thread had exploded while I was asleep, but most of it was connor. I'm not sure I understand, it almost read as though he was posting at certain points while reading through the thread, but before that he seemed to have read it already (or at least Max' vote).
Thesp wrote:

I think TB, chaotic_diablo, and Primate are a scum crew together. Early guess, much more convinced about the first two, obviously.
I actually think that Primate's being pretty darn reasonable. However, the wishywashiness is suspicious, not even necessarily in conjunction with TB.

This is too hard, I just woke up and the words I'm looking for are escaping me. More after work, probably.
- Mackay
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:44 am

Post by wintergreen »

Curiouser and curiouser...

I still think that after going through TB's posts, his style was unusually defensive, with more stretches, even compared to the previous game we were in. As others have pointed out, it can seem that he is assuming the people he is addressing are innocent. Additionally, c_d and TB do seem to (intentionally?) distract from each other's cases.

With the number of votes already, I do agree that it is better to proceed with caution and let TB have a say. Maybe there will be something to convince people one way or the other.

Don't know what is going on with connor. Be a little more terse maybe...
Too prolix!
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:11 am

Post by Masterchief »

Mod can we get a prod for TB?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

wintergreen wrote:With the number of votes already, I do agree that it is better to proceed with caution and let TB have a say. Maybe there will be something to convince people one way or the other.

Don't know what is going on with connor. Be a little more terse maybe...
give him more time to defend?

and the connor thing is pissing my off. i hope i wasnt this bad when i was a n00b.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
TB
TB
Goon
TB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:01 am

Post by TB »

I'm still here, just some issues irl that i have to take care off.
I'm currently thinking of a way to defend myself without being overdefensive, or making a big post.

I'll post as soon as i've got a sollution :)
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”