Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

(borrowing the style from Jason to make it more straightforward)

Name
: Investigation Mafia

Theme
: The Mafia have entered your town! In a bid to cast them out, you take it upon yourselves to be your own detectives, tracking, watching, or investigate the townspeople to out the scum and keep the town as your own.

Reviewers
: Currently being reviewed by Thor665, GreyICE, and maybe Valern.

Players
: 13 (Mini Theme)

Pre-Ins
: I will accept 6 pre-ins.

Requirements
: Must have 1 completed game. No hydras.

Starting Time
: Well, since I'd be at the bottom of the list (or close enough)...but it'd definitely start up after my Mini Normal game is completed, since I'd have no other modded games until it's done.

(wanted to update the status of the game, if that's all right)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Johoohno »

Grutto's gangsta's

I'm going to mod a blood bowl (mini) themed game. Even though I can't reliably play the computer game I'm still a huge fan of the game itself.

Approximate date for sign-up
: No idea, depends on the pace of the mini theme queue. (There are at least 28 mods before me).
Size
: Mini theme, 10 - 13 players (need to ponder balance issues)
Required reading
: Familiarity with the Blood Bowl is not required, but possibly helpful
Pre-ins
: Accepted (5 spots available)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Name: DC Universe

Theme: The DC Universe is under attack from an outside source, no one knows who these mysterious villains are, but they seem ready to destroy anything that is good in the Universe

Reviewers: ZachRulez

Players: 21

Pre-Ins: I am accepting 9 pre-ins

MOI

Requirements: Must have 1 completed game and knowledge of DC Universe is expected, but not mandatory.

Notes: This is not a bastard mod game, nor will there be cults however please note there may be the possibility of alignment changes and 3rd party roles. There are NO roles that maybe excluded from this game with the exception of Cults. This game will majorly focus on DC Universe, but there could be a few outside characters.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Hoppster »

(click to visit comparthemeerkat.com)

Spoiler: Non-formatted flavour
Dear all meerkats formely of Meerkovo,

We need your help! Pesky mongooses have infiltrated our beloved home town of Meerkovo and are murdering the townsmeerkats! We must root them out and destroy them, just as Great Grandaddy Vitaly did in The Battle of Fearlessness!

Return home immediately!

Your simply,
Aleksander Orlov

(Dictation taken by Sergei)

Spoiler: Formatted Flavour
Dear all meerkats formely of Meerkovo,

We need your help!

Pesky mongooses have infiltrated our beloved home town of Meerkovo and are murdering the townsmeerkats!

We must root them out and destroy them, just as Great Granddaddy Vitaly did in The Battle of Fearlessness!

Return home immediately!

Yours simply,

Aleksander Orlov

(Dictation taken by Sergei)

Name:
compare
the
meerkat
.mafia

Theme:
comparethemeerkat.com - an advertising campaign for comparethemarket.com, a UK-based price comparison website. (I do not endore comparethemarket.com in any way, I just enjoy their advertisements.)

Reviewed by:
Faraday

Players:
13 (Mini Theme)

/Pre-ins:
Up to 6. PM me, but be quick, because...

ETA:
1 week (as it stands at time of writing, sign-ups will be starting once two more Mini Themes have filled)

Requirements:
1 completed non-Newbie game if you have never been replaced in
any
of your games (which could be just one non-Newbie), 3 completed non-Newbie games if otherwise. I reserve the right to refuse admission if you have a poor (as judged solely by me) record of not finishing games (replace/flake/modkill etc).

Flavour knowledge (ie. having watched the TV advertisements) is not
necessary
or 'helpful' as such - however, it is very strongly recommended by me to enhance enjoyment of the game. You can watch all advertisements on YouTube here - I recommend starting with the oldest (which are, in my opinion, the best). You do not need to watch all of them and only really need the general gist of the theme (meerkats!) - if however you find watching them a chore and/or don't enjoy them, this is probably not the theme for you. You may also wish to check out the website (and try comparing meerkats).

Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Vi »

One woman is changing the face of history.

Shrouded in impossible rumors, she developed a cult of personality that surpassed even that of her king.

At her command, her fanatical devotees toppled her home country's regime.

There is now little question in Daein that she has the ability to predict and create victories, coups... even miracles.

Hundreds of thousands of her followers will now fight and die in her name as she makes her next move to conquer the largest army on the continent.

Her next opponent is
you

Mafia Behind the Maiden

Coming to a Large Theme queue near you no earlier than
April 15

This game is based on
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
. Knowledge of the source flavor may be helpful, but is not strictly required.
I probably
could
cram more plot spoilers into this game's flavor, but it would be a bit difficult.

This game will feature
players, and at this time
pre-/in slots are available.

Complexity would probably be rated between "I'm not entirely sure what's going on but I'll go with it" and "what did I just sign up for seriously".

Players are required to have
five
completed games of experience unless I say otherwise on an individual basis.

This game may, but not necessarily will, run more quickly than average.

Some further information can be found on these infographics:

1 2 3
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Twilight Sucks Mafia

There are times when bad novels deserve to be hurt back. Ghostlin, seizing the opportunity of the continuity writing machine, has gone ahead and taken the characters of the
worst
romance horror novel
ever written
, Twilight, and pitted them in a life or death struggle. In this advertisement, I'd love to be able to say great heroic things will be done during this game, but considering it's about a bunch of sparkly tween vampires and spirit werewolves that can find their life-mates in children, it'll mostly them trying to survive.

About the Game:

*Mini Theme Game, in the Mini Theme Queue soon.
*This game is 13 players, with 4 pre-ins.
*No special mechanics and is not a bastard game in setup. The setup was reviewed by IceGuy.
*Do not expect this parody game to follow Twilight canon.
*You'll like this more if you understand the flavor, but flavor knowledge is not necessary.
*This is a parody game. Serious fans of Twilight are heavily advised not to join this game, and a sense of humor is mandatory.
*Anyone who played in my Lovers Mafia Open or Warlocks and Werewolves knows I write flavor. This has no effects on game mechanics.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by pappums rat »

I am hereby claiming the rights to "Dragon Ball Z: Saiyan Saga" mafia, which will be a 13-player Mini Theme that I will be running once I get to the top of the queue.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Kdub »

Reposting this...

Chrono Trigger Mafia Resurrection

Mod:
Kdub
Reviewers:
MagnaofIllusion, Magister Ludi

28-player Large Theme

This game will potentially have complicated role interactions and will feature a "time period" mechanic, where certain abilities can only be used in certain eras. I am going to require at least one completed Large Theme or two completed Mini Themes to play, although I am willing to make exceptions. This game will enter signups shortly after FF6 mafia ends. Pre-ins can be requested via pm.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'm Magnaofillusion and I approve of this game!!!!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I never imagined it would come to this.

Back in the early days it all seemed so simple. We were just a group of friends, playing together and trying to spread the Good Word of Mafia to anyone who would listen. The site was small, and none of us could imagine what it would become.

I don't remember when it was that we first realized we were in over our heads. It wasn't a sudden shock to the system, just a small fear in our hearts, gradually growing larger.

I do remember their first attack. They disfigured our site. Our skin, our avatars. Nobody even knew what happened until the attack was over. We launched a counter-strike, reclaimed the site. I thought we fought them off. Now I realize I was wrong. We all were. It was a warning, nothing more. The tigers were marking their territory. Letting us know that they could wipe us out anytime they wanted.

We grew bigger, and stronger. But the once clean and organized General Discussion grew ugly. Although some embraced the change, others despised it. And so it was decided that a new forum would be made, one to contain all considered unsightly. Some termed it Hamsterdam, but it was known to all as Forum 62. And it grew in size rapidly, becoming a sprawling metropolis of threads. All sorts of users sought refuge, from the lowliest troll to the most fabulous fag, and all embraced 62 with unconcealed joy. The tyranny of GD was gone, and the wonderful world of Forum 62 was open. There were only the site rules, and those were lax. For the first time, mafiascum was truly free.

Should've known it couldn't last.

Of course. There have always been those who abuse power. Those who would not only take what they could, but take away from others. And so a time of turmoil fell on Forum 62, where the once peaceful community had chosen sides in a great war. A war between the old school and the new kids. The snobs and the shit-posters, as they called one another. Peace against freedom, dictatorship against anarchy. It all came to a head in November 2011. Posters would challenge one another to barbaric duels, games of Russian Roulette. Others would viciously spam topics to try and destroy what the other side found most precious.

Luckily, there was a way out. It was decided a Tsar would be elected, one who would rule over Forum 62 and bring forth a reign of peace and justice, where citizens lived in harmony. When asked who would be their glorious ruler, the masses cried out:

CHANNELDELIBIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so began the rule of The Great CDB. He was all that was hoped for, and Forum 62 prospered under his kind, wise leadership.

But of course it didn't last.

The tigers came again, striking in full force. Their warnings to us had gone unheeded, and against their wishes the forum had grown stronger. We were too big a threat to be ignored any longer, and so they fought as hard as they could.

Nothing could've prepared me for that day. Watching as the tigers ate away games, history, in the blink of an eye. Watching as users frantically tried to recover caches, only to be struck down by razor-sharp claws.

There was only one thing I could do.

We never expected to use the time machine. It was built into the site as a last resort safety measure, something that was too dangerous to be used unless our very existence was in jeopardy. But the tigers had eaten away everything, it was our very last hope.

When we activated it, it was March 2012.

When it shut off, it was November 2011.

As we began the slow, slow process of rebuilding, it was discovered that The Great ChannelDelibird, Tsar of Forum 62, had fallen in battle.

I shudder to think of what will happen to our beloved forum, but I have more pressing concerns. There is a tiger attack in the near future for which I must prepare. Therefore, the task falls to you: make 62 strong again. I don't care how you have to do it. I know there are various factions vying for control, I need the strongest one in place if we're to survive the future.

Do whatever it takes. Fight it out among yourselves. I don't care who assumes power, just as long as they can defend that power. I will moderate, and I will mediate, but I will not interfere.

May the best leader win.

mith

R.I.P. ChannelDelibird
Great ruler of Forum 62
March 19 2006 - March 29 2011

There once was a scummer named CDB.
He made 62 safe for you and me.
But now he is gone,
we have to move on.
Let us fight now to preserve his legacy.

Name:
Forum 62: The Game!

Theme:
Game design on true events that transpired right here on mafiascum. Roles based on the users involved.

Reviewers:
Amrun and Whiskers, may be sent for another review as I've tweaked the setup slightly since.

Players:
THIRTY, BABY! THE BIG 30! IT'S GOING TO BE ABSOLUTELY INSANE AND AWESOME!

Pre-/ins:
I remember accepting pre-/ins months ago, but I've checked several times and I can't find any in my inbox. So I've decided not to accept pre-/ins (see below as to the main reason why) but I will notify you when the game goes to sign-ups if you PM me and ask nicely.

Requirements:
Two completed large theme games on site are to be sent in to me for review. If you're a flaker, you won't get in. If you're a troll, you won't get in. This game is not designed for new users, this is a game for dedicated members of the site. If you're not familiar with 62 or the people who hang out there, this is not a game for you. If you're offended by foul language, homosexuality, anarchy, violence, or limericks, this is not a game for you.

Launch:
Will hit the queue as soon as I'm done role PMs, i.e. shortly after I'm done with school, i.e. in a few days.

Notes:
This is not a fair and balanced game. This is bastardly in every sense of the word. Everything you know about mafia will be challenged, from power roles to lynches. Some roles will be overpowered, some will be underpowered, some will be unpredictable and swingy. However, this is not a mind screw, therefore I will never lie to you. The goal is to outsmart the players, not to outsmart the mod. I do promise not to have an instant 'everyone dies' role again however. Probably.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Post by AGar »

AGar: Now we just need to come up with the flavor in our /in post
Quadz: haha yup. you're proooobably better at that than me. lol
AGar: ehhh if we had a theme? Maybe. Telling people we're basically throwing them into our own little slightly-sadistic science project with mostly made-from scratch roles? This is a tough sell, lol

EXPERIMENTAL ROLE MAFIA

The Who
AGar & Quadz as TWIN SWORDS OF DESTINY (I'm dead serious)

The What
A 23 player large theme composed of mostly roles Quadz and I have made up and brainstormed over. There will be VTs, and some other traditional roles, but mostly - our sadistic weird shit.

The Where
Coming to a Large Theme Queue near you!

The When
Soon!

The Why
Why not?

The How
PM our modding account. Please note, we will be setting some fairly strict requirements due to the nature and concept of this game.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

THE LEAGUE MAFIA

It was time for a new season of the league, but last year didn't count! How were they supposed to determine a draft order when no one trusted anyone else after last season's sabotage? It was time for a change... The gang decided that if they invited more out of towners, they could pin the losses on them and maybe less backstabbing would take place this season. But no one won the Shiva Bowl, so who got first pick? They thought to the Las Vegas draft and decided to invite all of the Out of Towners to Kevin and Jenny's house for this year's draft. They started a draft, but squabbling broke out immediately ... and it turned ugly. Who would go that far to get the players they wanted in fantasy football? It was time to find out, and to determine the fairest draft order at the same time. This season would not be a repeat of last.

This game features an
auction mechanic
on Days 1 and 3. Players will privately bid for football players to be on their teams. Eligible football players may or may not grant power roles, but no information outside of player name, team, and position will be given pre-draft.

Category
: Mini Theme

Number of players
: 13

Co-Mod
: Mastermind of Sin

Set-up reviewed by:
Mastermind of Sin, Vi, LLamaFluff, Primate

Pre-Ins:
I will accept up to 6 pre-/ins and any amount of people for "to be PMed when goes into signups" list. PM to be put on either list.

EDIT: All pre-/in slots now gone gone gone! However, anyone still interested may still asked to be PMed when the game goes into sign-ups, which should be any day, perhaps today.

Pre-/in list:

1. Lady Lambdadelta
2. Nocmen
3. Nero Cain
4. mikehart
5. Debonair Danny DiPietro
6. SpyreX

Thanks to all my pre-/ins and may the draft odds be ever in your favor.

Requirements:
This game has complicated mechanics. An understanding of mafia as played on MS is a must. Experience with auction mechanic is a plus. Please, no people playing their first ever mafia game. People with experience on other sites, but no completed games here, can PM me their off-site games. People that watch The League and follow football as well will get the most enjoyment out of this game, but an understanding of modern American football and its popular players will be more useful than knowledge of the tv show. The game is playable with zero flavor knowledge, but will likely not be as enjoyable without it.

When?:
NOW! IN SIGN UPS AS WE SPEAK!

Warnings:
Please be aware that this is a complicated game involving layers of draft mechanics. I guarantee absolutely nothing. Expect swing. Please don't sign up if you only play mountainous. You probably won't enjoy it if so. If you want to have a little tongue-in-cheek fun, I'd love to have you. This game is based on a comedy and designed with that in mind.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Comedy Mafia

Game
: Mini Theme 13 Players
Mod
: JasonT1981
Setup
: Jason, Zachrulez,Sotty
Theme:
Comedy Mafia - A game of Comedy characters from across the world.
Pre-in
: I am accepting 6 Pre-In's
Requirements
- None

Pre-in

MOI
Benmage
pappums rat
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Politics: The game of big personalities and even bigger mouths

Me and the awesome Haylen will be running a 35-player game in the very near future, about the most influential showbusiness circus in the world, the world stage that is Politics.

The voting mechanics here shall not be like other games, the specifics shall be revealed in the signups thread, but they promise an intriguing and unique game.

If you're fascinated by the vast variation of characters and interactions to be found in World Politics, or you just want to be a part of a one-of-a-kind Mafia Game, then PM me or Haylen and pre-in today! Limited number of pre-ins available, and they're already going, so be quick!

*Due to the complexity of the game, we think it's best we only accept players with experience, minimum of one completed large game.

Backup Mod:
Battle Mage
Reviewed by:
Battle Mage and Empking
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Greetings, fellow Scummers. You may remember me from such games as
Mafia in Someplace
and
Elite Scumhunting Unit
. For my 2012 effort, I give you:

Murder on the HMS Regalia

-Murder on the HMS Regalia is a Mini Theme for 13 players.
-It has been reviewed by IceGuy, ZeekLTK and Faraday.
-This is not a bastard game, however, there is a unique mechanic. In order to play, you must have played in one theme game or two normal games. You must also be in good standing with myself and with the wider community.
-There are 6 pre-/in spaces available.

This will be in the queue in the near future, so keep an eye out. I promise a good game for all. :)
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 am

Post by redFF »

Gaben Mafia

He's saving videogames, one CEO at a time.

Gaben Mafia, a mini theme based on the videogame industry and it's prominent figures and reviewed by Empking, is coming to the mini theme queue soon™.

PM me to pre-in.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves.
- Joseph Stalin

A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.
- Fidel Castro

Revolution,
n.
In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.
- Ambrose Bierce

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
will not be televised, will not be televised.
The revolution will be no re-run brothers;
The revolution will be live.

Mechanics:
What is a revolution if the revolutionaries do nothing? Every day, you shall strike a blow against your oppressors, sending out only your most trusted operatives. If the mission is successful, you will be able to wrest new resources from the iron fist of the dictatorship. If one of your 'trusted operatives' sabotages the mission, however, there might be dangerous consequences. Vital equipment may be lost, or operatives compromised and deleted by the most elite assassins. Send only the best. Success is vital.

If at any point the number of revolutionaries drops beneath the threshold necessary to successfully complete missions, the Revolution will have ended. Beware! This number is static, and does not depend on the number of remaining infiltrators.

Experience:
This game has nonstandard mechanics, and as such I'm going to require a fair amount of experience, basically as judged by me. This game will use WotM (Wisdom of the Mod) on whether a player is allowed or not. Less about being in previous games, more about being USEFUL in previous games.

Date:
Coming to a mini-theme queue near you soon!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 am

Post by redFF »

Gaben Mafia is in signups now, go to the mini theme queue to /in!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

An empty hotel is like an empty grave.

Both are meant to provide some measure of comfort and rest to people, and when they lack occupants they fail to provide either. Both are imbued with an aura of hollow incompleteness, a void of dissatisfaction, when no one resides inside their domain. Both, in fact, lack purpose without the presence of human beings within.

Despite their similarities, however, they have a significant difference: a hotel is meant to serve the living, while a grave is meant to serve the dead. Rarely does it happen that the two functions are combined. The Red Lion Hotel and Ski Resort, nestled somewhere in the isolated regions of Colorado's Rocky Mountains, was destined to play that rare role of both hotel and grave in the year 1979.

The passengers of the malfunctioning bus Greyhound #4501, for the most part, weren't aware of the Red Lion's fate, nor the imminence with which this fate would visit that deserted hotel. As the motley assortment of men and women traversed through the steadily-thickening flurries of snow assaulting the mountainside, with naught but flashlights to guide them through the night, most gave no thought to the possibility that they would soon find themselves in a coffin filled with horror and terror which threatened to claim, if not their very lives, at least their sanity; indeed, they wanted very much to find that hotel, some even praying to various deities that the hotel would be there.

A few knew more. They knew that the Red Lion was not meant to be salvation, but rather damnation. It had to be the latter; the plans these individuals had made were predicating on it. But no plan is perfect, and if one intends to take a hotel and fashion a grave from it, they'd best be prepared to deal with the consequences.

For everyone has their secrets. And secrets can kill...

SaintKerrigan presents

A 13-player Mini-Theme

Moderator: SaintKerrigan

Comoderator: Haylen

THIS IS A HIGHLY ABNORMAL BASTARD-MOD GAME. AS SUCH, THERE WILL BE A REQUIREMENT OF FIVE COMPLETED GAMES ON MAFIASCUM, OR THREE GAMES ONSITE WITH ONE BEING A THEME GAME, IN ORDER TO JOIN THIS GAME. IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND BE AN EXCEPTION, PM ME, BUT DON'T EXPECT THAT I'LL CHANGE MY MIND.

Features of this game will include:

- Improved versions of the Sleep Cycle and Item & Inventory system (introduced in
Descent into Chaos
)
- Tri-phase game-days
- A sanity mechanic
- An unusual lynch mechanic (in which all lynching will take place during a short period of time between the second phase and third phase of the game-day)
- Deep, chilling flavor from a master storyteller
- And more...

BODIES BURIED BENEATH THE WHITE

Coming to Mafiascum late June 2012...
(All pre-ins full. PM me if you want me to let you know when the game is in signups.)
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed May 23, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 304, Vi wrote:Complexity would probably be rated between "I'm not entirely sure what's going on but I'll go with it" and "what did I just sign up for seriously".

Is this a crazy game or a game with an interesting mechanic or two which still involves lots of scumhunting? That is, is the complexity more the game than the mechanic?

I guess I'm asking will this be more like Cyclic Experiment II or Ocarina of Time, if you know what I mean. I'm asking because I'm considering joining a third game but if I do that I want to be deliberate in my decision.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Saw Mafia

A mini theme game inspired by the Saw series of movies.
(trademarks, copyright, patents, etc. belonging to Lions Gate Entertainment or someone else, I don't know)

Players: 13
Experience: No experience is strictly required, but I don't recommend this as a first mafia game. Players should be prepared for a challenging game and are expected to understand the basic ideas of mafia. By signing up, you agree to respect your fellow players and the mod, and commit to playing the game to the best of your ability.
Deadlines: 2 weeks for day; 3 days for night

Anyone familiar with the movies knows that they can be grusome, and aren't meant for children. This mafia game will
not
feature scenes any more violent than the flavour of a typical mafia game, and it should be appropriate for any age player or reader who is not offended by normal games.

A famous scummer once said
Paraphrase from memory wrote:In mafia games, "hard" usually means "lol, mafia win".
This game is designed as an exception to that rule. It should be difficult for all players regardless of alignment.

Uncommon Mechanics:

Win Conditions and Lose Conditions: Each player in the game may have both Win Conditions and Lose Conditions. All players who are members of a given faction have the same factional win condition; however it is possible that they will also be working toward different goals due to their other win or loss conditions. Neither a player's faction, nor factional Win and Lose Conditions can change, however their other Win and Lose conditions can change.

Limited Death Reveal: When a player dies, their Name, Career, and Faction will be revealed. A player's Career will have a connection to abilities or "other" win or loss conditions, but the connection may not be clear. In other words, you will not always be able to tell based on someone's role reveal what abilities or alternate Win Conditions or Lose Conditions they had. But you will always know their Faction.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Vi »

In post 320, Herodotus wrote:A famous scummer once said
Paraphrase from memory wrote:In mafia games, "hard" usually means "lol, mafia win".
:shifty:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Yes. :D
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

the MURDER of PAPA ZITO

a normal mafia game for thirteen players

PAPA DON'T PREACH

Papa Zito, most beloved List Mod and pedophilia enthusiast, was found dead in his house this morning. Officials say the signs pointed to some kind of arranged murder by an organized crime syndicate. Upon further inspection, the police released a statement: "Zito's connections to the mob were made apparent as soon as we checked his browsing history on his computer. Nearly every link was to some kind of website dedicated to organizing mafia sympathizers, MafiaScum.net. Either that, or child porn." No arrests have been made at this time.

[/i]It's a mini normal with limited flavor for thirteen players. 6 pre-in slots available.
green shirt thursdays
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Wow, flashbacks. Haha.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011