audacesiuvat
audacesiuvat
Goon
audacesiuvat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:45 am

Post by audacesiuvat »

I think it's pretty well accepted that we can reduce our potential scum candidates to four, those being Der Hammer, Scalebane, VisMaior, and Yosarian. Assuming that we have two scum left in the game (a decent assumption, IMO) that means we have six possible scum pairings left. I've been thinking about possible pairings, and here's what I think.

I'm having a hard time tying Der Hammer to anybody. He's enjoying a nice long battle with Scalebane and Yosarian currently. VisMaior bandwagoned him yesterday before the bluesoul lynch. Given his actions, his roleclaim (which makes sense given his evidence), his clearing of me, and his interactions with the other scum candidates, he's done more than enough to earn innocence in my eyes.

Theoretically, we could just lynch the other three in any order and end up winning, but there is a little more evidence pointing me in a specific direction. In one of his first posts, Scalebane outlined all of the other three suspects in a wishy-washy could-be-scum-could-be-town sort of way, but voted for Yosarian. This wasn't a dangerous vote, and he eventually jumped off it to get onto the DH wagon, but it's still something. VisMaior cast an early vote for Yosarian today, and has stuck by it, even after DH also voted for Yosarian. It's not terribly convincing, but it does lead me to believe that Yosarian probably isn't scum.

The pairing of Scalebane - VisMaior is the only combination where I can find no bad blood. VisMaior random voted Osloboditelj in the beginning, and has not argued for or against Scalebane the entire game. Scalebane's possible mafia list has included Vismaior alongside Yosarian and DH, but he's found the other two suspects far more intriguing. They are my pick for scum pair.
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:08 am

Post by bluesoul »

@Der Hammer: For future reference, save a power like that until the endgame. That might have spelled the difference between winning and losing, but we won't know now.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

audacesiuvat wrote:I think it's pretty well accepted that we can reduce our potential scum candidates to four, those being Der Hammer, Scalebane, VisMaior, and Yosarian.
I should point out, for the sake of being thorough, that you are the 5th person who's not totally 100% confirmed pro-town; your ability is confirmed, but your alighnment is not.

There is enough other evidence that I think it is unlikely you're scum, however.

About Der Hammer's claim...it's interesting, but there's no real proof of it. There was another time there was a tie, and one of the two names was in red, and if der hammer is telling the truth about having "no powers as of last night" he can't have been involved in this one.

Drummer wrote:
OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT

Yosarian--1(VisMaior)

Scalebane--2(audacesiuvat, bluesoul)

Der Hammer--2(Yosarian2, Scalebane)

Eight alive, five to lynch.
I'm not sure exactally how the mod picks which name is in red, though.

mod:in the event of a tie, either at deadline or during a votecount, how do you pick which name is highlighted in red?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Scalebane »

What you're missing, though, Yosarian, is the fact that the mod edited that post later at my request. as he'd missed my vote for Der Hammer.

Audaces: I'm pretty tempted to suggest that we lynch you, just to test your alignment. Give us more information, much needed at this point.
(yes, that sounds a lot like OMGUS. it kind of is.)

The reason my analysis came across as wishy-washy was because I didn't have any information. I guess more detailed analysis would've been useful in showing everyone my thoughts. And I didn't jump on the Der Hammer bandwagon. I've been suspicious of him for some time now.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

bluesoul wrote:@Der Hammer: For future reference, save a power like that until the endgame. That might have spelled the difference between winning and losing, but we won't know now.

Why, I suspected that unless I used my power I might not be around till endgame?
You used to be alright
What happened?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Scalebane wrote:What you're missing, though, Yosarian, is the fact that the mod edited that post later at my request. as he'd missed my vote for Der Hammer.
Ah, that's a good point. I had missed that.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:10 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm still here and been reading up, but I just realized I don't think I voiced this in the thread.

I'm leaning Scalebane.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Scalebane »

All I'm asking is for you guys to be willing to eat crow when I turn up innocent and exactly what I claimed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Scalebane wrote:All I'm asking is for you guys to be willing to eat crow when I turn up innocent and exactly what I claimed.
The thing that's really throwing me off is that you're defending der hammer in a really convincing way, and I can't imagine any possible way you could both be town. If he's town, I can't see how you could be anything but scum, unless there's something unlikely like audacesiuvat being scum, which I really doubt.
Sentinel99
Sentinel99
Goon
Sentinel99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Sentinel99 »

What does "eat crow" mean??
"...the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Post by Scalebane »

"eat crow" just means to ... realize that you were wrong and be ashamed because of it. basically. wasn't meant as a clue or anything.

Honestly, I'm slightly doubtful of Der Hammer's claim. Doesn't make a *whole* lot of sense to me. The issue is just that I've not played mafia in a while so I doubt my instincts more than I should. I want certainties and facts which are pretty rare things in mafia games. We have a few in this game (a few confirmed innocent). It also makes it hard for me to figure out how to correctly defend myself considering that I don't have a whole lot of evidence that I'm not scum, except what I know. I guess hunting down mafia correctly is the only real way to do much towards proving your own allegiance. But that comes back to me not trusting my instincts. I simply made my post earlier in frustration at my own inability to prove my name. I know that a pro-town should "play to win" and never give up. I just don't know any other evidence or argument I can make towards my own innocence.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Scalebane »

This is some additional info, just in case I get lynched. This'll provide you guys with a little more information if I die (and therefore get confirmed).

Night 1 - I randomized Der Hammer
Night 2 - no one
Night 4 - bluesoul
Night 5 - Audaces

Another note:
I'm personally most suspicious of Vismaior and DerHammer. If yosarian is scum, he's very good scum.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by Scalebane »

(really sorry for the triple post here)

Yosarian: I completely fail to see how I've been defending Der Hammer. As far as I can tell, I've been trying to force him to a claim. I've been trying to force people to recognize that the argument against him based on his revealing of Audaces' message isn't a particularly strong one. But in general, I don't think I've really been favoring or defending him. If you look back at my last 3 or 4 posts, I've been encouraging people to vote him for chrissake.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Vote:Scalebale

If its between you or me I have to vote you. I don't believe you randomised me on night 1 because my action worked completely well.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:55 am

Post by Drummer »

OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT

Yosarian--1(VisMaior)

Scalebane--3(audacesiuvat, bluesoul, Der Hammer)

Der Hammer--3(Yosarian2, Scalebane, armlx)

Sorry for the mistake earlier. The red vote is the person who will be lynched at deadline. It's simply the person with the most votes. Thanks for assistance, all. :wink:
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Scalebane »

Wait, I'm confused about something, Der Hammer. Can you please explain why the hell you felt the need to use your power Night 1. I mean, What the hell? That's just ... stupid play. It's also funny, because you don't actually know that it was broomhead's vote that wasn't counting. You just know that your vote was counting double. Yeah, go back and look at the votecount. You're retarded, and I'm right. (Look at Ziliu's total.) Am I making myself perfectly clear here?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:19 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hm.
unvote
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drummer wrote:
OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT

Yosarian--1(VisMaior)

Scalebane--3(audacesiuvat, bluesoul, Der Hammer)

Der Hammer--3(Yosarian2, Scalebane, armlx)

Sorry for the mistake earlier. The red vote is the person who will be lynched at deadline. It's simply the person with the most votes. Thanks for assistance, all. :wink:
And if two people are tied at 3, how do you decide who is highlighted in red/lynched at deadline? Is it the person who reached 3 votes first?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:32 am

Post by armlx »

Unvote, Vote Scalebane

I failed to realize my vote was on DerHammer.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:18 am

Post by Scalebane »

Why the hell are you guys still after me? I just don't get it. It's like you're completely ignoring my posts. I'm not even getting any responses out of anyone with regards to my posts. I catch Der Hammer being stupid and irrational and so Armlx just decides to vote me anyways. Is this not making no sense to anyone else?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, I'd like to hear why he decided to use his power night one. Mostly right now, I'm waiting to see if the mod will clarify when he uses the red type and when he dosn't, as that's the only thing that's even close to evidence on Der Hammer's side.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Proof is that I think that is enough for Scalebane to be lynched now!
You used to be alright
What happened?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:17 am

Post by Scalebane »

What evidence on me? did I not point out exactly what was wrong with your assertion that your ability "worked completely well."? Are you even paying attention to what I'm saying about you? or is your primary tactic:
Der Hammer wrote:blah blah blah lynch scalebane, not me! blah blah blah
?

How about providing some actual defense of yourself instead of simply pushing and pushing for my lynch. Maybe a good townie knows to never give up and it's always in the best interest of the town to make sure that innocent people don't get lynched. Or maybe you're not a townie.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:31 am

Post by VisMaior »

It depends wether the randomization would have affected the doublevote or only who is voteless. Both could be the case.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm pretty sure that it would've affected whose vote he stole, but not who got to have the doublevote. I'm only basing that on the typical set-up of the randomizer role. Otherwise, the role becomes a good bit more confusing. If I randomized a cop, would you expect it to investigate a random person and give the result to a random person?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”