NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Anything fair game goes.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Fallman7
Fallman7
Townie
Fallman7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by Fallman7 »

Ok seeing how this is going I am going to wait untill the next day to put anyone on the choping block. I don't want to assume and get myself in trouble from the get go.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2251, Fallman7 wrote:Ok seeing how this is going I am going to wait untill the next day to put anyone on the choping block. I don't want to assume and get myself in trouble from the get go.

Kill it. Kill it now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME KILL IT DEAD>
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2247, Benmage wrote:So im still voting scum.

doesn't really matter. There's no support for him today. Why are you being so useless?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2252, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2251, Fallman7 wrote:Ok seeing how this is going I am going to wait untill the next day to put anyone on the choping block. I don't want to assume and get myself in trouble from the get go.

Kill it. Kill it now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME KILL IT DEAD>

And yet he's still not dead :(
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm afraid I was wrong.

In the last 101 instances of accusations of flailing that occurred in Large Normal games on this site (excluding ongoings), these were directed at scum at a rate only about 3% better than random.

This made me think flailing wasn't a tell at all.

However, when you constrain the pool of data to accusations of flailing
made by town
(which I have 63 instances of), these were directed at scum at a rate of more than 9% better than random. This suggests that flailing identified by town, at the least, is not a total null tell regarding the accused and may work to complement a well-built case.

So sorry for the earlier misinformation. I'm 1/3 through reading the thread now.
You can't step in the same river twice.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Get excited guys!

DeasVail is back in the game.

So town that I'd rather kill myself than lynch them:

Code_X-
I've become a little less sure recently, but a quick look over him again and he seems to be really town.
What changed between your vote for me and later unvote? How do you feel about the game right now?

Maxous

Probably town:

Benmage-
His lack of involvement in the game recently seems similar to how I've been feeling. His posts don't give the impression of trying to look town as scum would.

Fallman7-
Pretty much because of Junpei, but his post does make my tail tingle.
Why are you concerned about getting into trouble?

HezLucky

Mastin2-
I'm not sure about him, but I think I'll put him back here for now.

Mini-Lib

LLD-
Why did you vote kdowns instead of me? Based on what you posted, I'd expect a vote on me. Also, how do you feel about the game?

Psyche

Scooby

StrangerCoug-
Do you think the kills themselves could give an indication of whether it's multiball or not?

Could be scum:

Maxwell-
Eh.

FakeGod-
What's been preventing me from putting him as stronger scum is , which I find to be the kind of interesting post that would only come from town. Otherwise, it really seems like he could be scum to me. His posting has been minimal, but not controversial and I think it's possible he's just purposely flying under the radar. However, another thing I question is whether he would be more pro-town if scum.

Nero Cain-
I'm not sure about him and don't really see him as particularly townish or scummy. Antihero seemed convinced he was town though.

RedFF-
Eh. Maybe slightly leaning town.

Probably scum:

Kdowns-
Because of macros, but his lack of posting makes me sad :( Come back please so I can attack you better.

OhGodMyLife-
I think he's scum based on a quick read. I don't see anything I find to be indicative of town and there are things about his posting, which I can't articulate right now, that make me think scum.

Hmm, sorry, I didn't put in as much effort as I had hoped. I'll try to focus more on individual players later.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2256, DeasVail wrote:
StrangerCoug-
Do you think the kills themselves could give an indication of whether it's multiball or not?

In most cases, but not all. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. While it requires scum to be either really inattentive or really unlucky, one kill could go off each night in a multiball and we'd only learn it's a multiball through the Mafia factions having names once we have flipped scum. Three kills a night? Could be Mafia-SK-vig. Four or more kills a night, though, and for it not to be a multiball requires either some of the kills to be indirect (and that assumes the game is not bastard mod) or the game to be unbalanced.

Why am I talking about the improbable, though? This is all Mafia theory and my vote on Nero Cain is based on what he seems to
KNOW
rather than have guessed about the setup.

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 2256, DeasVail wrote:What changed between your vote for me and later unvote? How do you feel about the game right now?

Nothing's changed. Your still in a list of about 7/8 I think are scum at the point.

However, at this point Kdowns has more chance of lynching. So makes more sense to put my vote somewhere where it's useful.

Not sure why but I think the more questions you end up asking the scummier you get. Your list isn't great neither.

@ Fallman7 - do you mean tomorrow as in tomorrow real life day or tomorrow game day?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2257, StrangerCoug wrote:
StrangerCoug-

In most cases, but not all. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. While it requires scum to be either really inattentive or really unlucky, one kill could go off each night in a multiball and we'd only learn it's a multiball through the Mafia factions having names once we have flipped scum. Three kills a night? Could be Mafia-SK-vig. Four or more kills a night, though, and for it not to be a multiball requires either some of the kills to be indirect (and that assumes the game is not bastard mod) or the game to be unbalanced.

Why am I talking about the improbable, though? This is all Mafia theory and my vote on Nero Cain is based on what he seems to
KNOW
rather than have guessed about the setup.

Its the only logical fucking explanation. There's no fucking vig. Those shots were terrible. Can a vig be terrible? Sure. Like I said if there were three shots I would buy a terrible vig. But with two shots and most if not all large games being mutli-scum (mafi team, cult, SK) The chances of us having an everyday vig are -99.9%. I'm tempted to be the days lynch just so I can flip town and laugh at how fucking terrible you are.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Sticking with my vote. DV, maybe some day you'll be able to articulate what suddenly made you list me as apparently the scummiest player in the game, but for now I'm just going to ignore you because there is nothing to respond to in what you said.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am

Post by FakeGod »

FakeGod-
What's been preventing me from putting him as stronger scum is , which I find to be the kind of interesting post that would only come from town. Otherwise, it really seems like he could be scum to me. His posting has been minimal, but not controversial and I think it's possible he's just purposely flying under the radar. However, another thing I question is whether he would be more pro-town if scum.

I have my reasons. Also, regarding meta, I was never scum in any of my games. (I completed 15 games total; I keep track in my wiki) Therefore, unfortunately there are no data I could bring as evidence to support that I am town from any of my games.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2259, Nero Cain wrote:Its the only logical fucking explanation. There's no fucking vig. Those shots were terrible. Can a vig be terrible? Sure. Like I said if there were three shots I would buy a terrible vig. But with two shots and most if not all large games being mutli-scum (mafi team, cult, SK) The chances of us having an everyday vig are -99.9%.

You can stop preaching to the choir. It's been clear since before I voted you that I don't see a vig as likely. The reason for my vote is because you said it was a multiball, which I define as two Mafia teams. Not a single Mafia team and a serial killer—two Mafia teams. I have asked you to supply me with a third-party statement that a single Mafia team and a serial killer can constitute a multiball and you have not done so. Until you do this, I consider you to be
outed scum
. The presence or absence of a vig was never relevant as we both disagree there is one—the current argument is a dispute over whether or not a single Mafia team and an SK is a multiball.

In post 2259, Nero Cain wrote:I'm tempted to be the days lynch just so I can flip town and laugh at how fucking terrible you are.

Nice appeal to fear. You are not going to laugh—if you're town,
YOU
are the stupid one with your complete lack of comprehension about Mafia terminology. Now die.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2260, OhGodMyLife wrote:Sticking with my vote. DV, maybe some day you'll be able to articulate what suddenly made you list me as apparently the scummiest player in the game, but for now I'm just going to ignore you because there is nothing to respond to in what you said.

Thank you for claiming to me.

Unvote: Kdowns

Vote: OhGodMyLife
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 am

Post by HezLucky »

StrangerCoug is wrong about Nero Cain [not necessarily about him being scum - maybe they are part of different scum groups - but StrangerCoug's attack on him is shit]

The question is does that make him scum?
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

How is my attack on him shit? Leaking setup information that town does not know is a very strong indicator of scum and that's what I feel Nero Cain has done by saying it is a multiball. You may do my request for Nero Cain for him, but unless and until I get a statement from outside of the game made by neither Nero Cain nor me that says a multiball can consist of one Mafia team and a serial killer, my vote is not budging.

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 2040, Benmage wrote:
vote drmyshottyizsik

baffled hes alive.

In post 2105, Benmage wrote:ZZZZZ lynch shotty please

In post 2247, Benmage wrote:So im still voting scum.

Benmage,do you have a game that you remember where you successfully got somebody lynched using this strategy?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 2209, The Mini-Librarian wrote:@NC: I mean backed off in that I stopped trying to convince you I'm not scum. At this point this seems like a pretty useless endeavor wouldn't you agree? You came off the scum read list for late day 2 play. Don't you have a scumread on FG?
Why demean my scumread on him then?

Can you point out
how
Nero is demeaning your scumread on FG?

Because I don't see it.
Also,
In post 2164, The Mini-Librarian wrote:@Code: You know what I'm sick of you trying to push a quick lynch through today OK? Relax. We don't need to push through a lynch as quickly as possible. There's no reason to do so right now.

And I really want people to take a look at Fake God again. Tell me why he isn't scum. So yeah. I'm not gonna give up on this lynch yet. If you don't like this, well, go suck an egg.

As for Junpei, I don't like the way he responded anytime someone deigned to question his alignment. It was smug and overdefensive. Yes, if things don't go my way I'll probably meander over to that slot. No, I don't want to do that now, especially when we are getting a replacement that will hopefully confirm that vague thoughts about Junpei I have.

Code X asked you why you had'nt voted Junpei at all in the game despite him being your number 3 suspect.
Why did you write that first paragraph in response? It makes little sense in the context. He was'nt pushing for a speed lynch with that post.

Can you give example(s) of Junpei being smug and overdefensive? And explain why being smug is a scumtell?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 2078, HezLucky wrote:
In post 2077, Maxous wrote:
In post 2040, Benmage wrote:
vote drmyshottyizsik

baffled hes alive.

Ehh, why would be surprised that he is alive?

In post 2052, kdowns wrote:2. I have read a decent chunk of the game but I get a headache when I try and go back and come up with a case.

On who?

Actually,

unvote, vote: kdowns

I don't think FG wagon is going anywhere..might as well get something going.

kdowns is an okay choice for lynch

An OKAY choice for a lynch? We've provided you with an excellent Junpei wagon (that you are BLATANTLY deflecting, mind you) and all you can do is sit here and vote someone because they are an "OKAY" choice for a lynch? What have you even done this game that suggests you shouldn't be hanged this instant?

What do you want me to do Hez?
I don't find Junpei scummy save for that one moment after KK's fake hammer.
I feel kdowns is a better choice and the only realistic alternative, hence my vote.

Gonna assume the last question is rhetorical.

In post 2265, StrangerCoug wrote: You may do my request for Nero Cain for him, but unless and until I get a statement from outside of the game made by neither Nero Cain nor me that says a multiball can consist of one Mafia team and a serial killer, my vote is not budging.

For the record this is wrong, what other people define as multi-ball is irrelevant.

It's only important what Nero beleives the term refers to.

@Psyche:
Why don't you just read day 3 or something and give your opinion/reads and such?
You don't have to read the entire game to form an opinion.
And you been around enough to read a lot of late day2/day 3 posts right?

Give us a quick list of your impressions based on them.
I don't even care about backed up reasoning at this point.

For the record I skipped Mastin's stuff for the moment, I will get around to it tomorrow hopefully.
Last edited by PeregrineV on Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 2263, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2260, OhGodMyLife wrote:Sticking with my vote. DV, maybe some day you'll be able to articulate what suddenly made you list me as apparently the scummiest player in the game, but for now I'm just going to ignore you because there is nothing to respond to in what you said.

Thank you for claiming to me.

Unvote: Kdowns

Vote: OhGodMyLife

Deas..why are you doing this again?

How do you expect this to get OMGL lynched? Can you elaborate please?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't expect it to get him lynched.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Code_X »

Well what is the point then?

Seriously. This game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

That question was so obviously coming that I would have answered it beforehand if I planned to.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh yeah, and SC's accusation that only scum would assume it's multiball is not good.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Maxous »

Meh, fine.
I don't see how OMGL's response is particulary scummy though.

@peregrine: can you please fix the quote on the first paragraph of post #2268?

~Fixed.
Last edited by PeregrineV on Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”