Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:24 am

Post by Coron »

lolz!
fos: fortify
trusting the information role but not the vig? one of them is A LOT more likely to be bastardized.
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by Dur-Galad »

Primate wrote:Quoted for both truthery and to make this post bigger and more noticible.

WE CANNOT TRUST ROLE BASED INFO OF ANY VARIETY!

I will repeat, we should have a proper day, with proper exploration of scumtells, and actual mafia playing and all that jazz. At the end, if Coron hasn't been behaving as well as he should, we vig him.

What is wrong with this plan?! It gives Coron, a good, useful(kinda) player, a chance to redeem himself, and helps us catch a scum.

This is bastard mod mafia. Vis is not likely to throw us a crutch of this power to help us. The only thing making this role believable is the fact that it's bastardly for the
mafia
. And yet all roles so far seem bastardly just for that individual person, not the group as a whole.

I do not heartily endorse this lynch.
:goodposting:

While I don't like the possibility that the commish is an entirely useless role, I hadn't considered it from the other side, that if the role was for-real it would be way too powerful. I would guess, then, that the role may well be somewhere in the middle: there is a chance he reveals his killer, and a (probably larger) chance he says a random name.

So I think I'd be down with a Coron vig, but not a Coron lynch.

CD, you said you have not yet vigged anyone, correct?
Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Ill have been V/LA-d from friday for a week. No cheating while Im gone (UYRAI).
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 am

Post by Coron »

While dur-galad's opinion is better than a lot of people's I'd prefer if you didn't vig me either plz.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:22 am

Post by VisMaior »

RANDOM GAME EVENT!!!!

uhh... nothing.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:42 am

Post by Masterchief »

The hell was that all about?:?
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by Coron »

You still haven't read the name of the topic then?
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by TBuG »

Not even any invisitext? :(
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:28 am

Post by Masterchief »

Coron wrote:You still haven't read the name of the topic then?
Good point. :?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

VisMaior wrote:Ill have been V/LA-d from friday for a week. No cheating while Im gone (UYRAI).
Just because we can't cheat doesn't mean we can't post... Well, unless if we're all cheating in every post. :shifty:

But seriously, we need to bring back discussion to the thread, and umm.... do something.

Coron, I'm starting to think we should not vig because he is a claimed cop, and the only thing we have against him is the fact that the cop commisioner said he was probably the one who killed him. Like Coron said, it doesn't necessarily point at him being scum.

And I'll

vote: Fortify

Because we need more discussion, and he's done the scummiest thing I can remember (which is currently the only thing I remember). He said we can't trust vigges simply because "we don't know how they work." This isn't a good reason to not trust a vig, and we can figure out how they work through some simple tests.

Actually, Fortify, if you can, could you explain more of why you said we can't trust the vig and all that?
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:18 am

Post by Masterchief »

That doesn't even make any sense.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Primate »

al_kohaulec wrote:Coron, I'm starting to think we should not vig because he is a claimed cop, and the only thing we have against him is the fact that the cop commisioner said he was probably the one who killed him. Like Coron said, it doesn't necessarily point at him being scum.
The cop thing is useless, a red herring we must ignore. He is very likely random, so that removes all worth from him except his reasoning and his vote, which, good as it is, is not worth the potential loss we could could incur by keeping him alive. This vig thing is simply covering our asses. Coron needs to die, this is simply the most efficient way of doing it. I could consider keeping him alive if he gives us a scum, but that's probably not likely. We'll see. This type of thing needs to be discussed at the end of the day, not now.

Vote Mark.six

My scumsense is tingling. 'cause of #603 mostly, but other things too. Would you humour me if I asked you what site you originally learnt to play mafia on?
marc.six
marc.six
Goon
marc.six
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by marc.six »

Primate wrote:Vote Mark.six

My scumsense is tingling. 'cause of #603 mostly, but other things too. Would you humour me if I asked you what site you originally learnt to play mafia on?
This one :P Actually this is my third game on here. Survivor is about to come to an end :(

If i was so onto coron wouldn't i have voted for him? I just wasn't sure with all this lying, bastardization, etc. I don't know what's true or false, i don't think anyone does... He claimed cop anyway!

What other things make you tingle about me? :D

There's no point lynching coron, he'll get mafia killed tonight as he's a cop (or so he says). The vigs can target other people, it makes more sense. Why would mafia keep a cop alive?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Glork »

marc.six wrote:There's no point lynching coron, he'll get mafia killed tonight as he's a cop (or so he says). The vigs can target other people, it makes more sense. Why would mafia keep a cop alive?
To WIFOM lynch him later?

I sorta forgot about this game for a few days... too wrapped up in other games. I'll give it a looking-over to see if anything stands out to me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Post by Primate »

marc.six wrote:
Primate wrote:Vote Mark.six

This one :P Actually this is my third game on here. Survivor is about to come to an end :(
'K, I was just wondering. Idle curiosity. Pay this no more heed.
M.S wrote:If i was so onto coron wouldn't i have voted for him? I just wasn't sure with all this lying, bastardization, etc. I don't know what's true or false, i don't think anyone does... He claimed cop anyway!
It was more the fact that you made up a completely fictious reason, with no basis in anything. You didn't vote on it, and you didn't fos, but you did make the reason and imply suspicion, something that I think probably equals a fos. You also decided to abstain from voting someone who was perfectly votable in both #603 and #586, and I naturally dislike it when people don't commit when commiting is both viable and acceptable. I also don't really like the way that you appear to be following the thread, asking questions to make sure you understand the game state without passing judgement on it. It smells of a canny scum to me.
M.S wrote:What other things make you tingle about me? :D
Image You didn't even try and phrase this in a non-dirty way, did you? Bad monkey.
M.S wrote:There's no point lynching coron, he'll get mafia killed tonight as he's a cop (or so he says). The vigs can target other people, it makes more sense. Why would mafia keep a cop alive?
I'm starting to get fairly annoyed with repeating myself, but even if he
is
a cop he's
unfeasibly
likely to be random, he even admitted as such himself. The only circumstance under which he is to be regarded as anything other than a vanilla townie is in respect to counter-claims from other cops. But then again, why would anyone counterclaim when Coron is so close to lynch anyway? Even on the off chance he's not random, the mafia can use this as an airtight defence when investigated guilty. The mafia would surely prefer to kill even a random person out the town than a vanilla townie who is pretty much on the verge of being lynched. Incidentally, this is another reason that we need to get rid of him. We're going to have to do it at some point, may as well be sooner rather than later. There's just more and less efficient ways of doing it.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by Masterchief »

Ok. I'm sorry this is off-topic, but what is WIFOM? No one has explained that yet.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Dur-Galad »

Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:22 pm

Post by Masterchief »

Ok...
Thx.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
marc.six
marc.six
Goon
marc.six
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:56 am

Post by marc.six »

I've only been following the game Since the Coron mess. It was rather confusing, so yes i had to clarify if i was following the play correctly. Before this my play was contributing, voting, etc etc.

I should have voted for coron, should have FOS'd him, but i didn't. I don't normally FOS because i think that people can pick up suspicion from post content.
Now there's 8 votes on him and if i vote him i am the hammah. BUT it makes more sense to vig him and persue someone else, BUT this could take weeks until someone else is lynched because there isn't much evidence to go on right now with everyone thinking about coron.
Fortify wrote:I will continue to say what I have always said. We should not trust vigs this game. We do not know how they work.
This is also very true, CD might not even be able to vig Coron, there might be some bastardly trait. We can't rely on CD to vig Coron, and i still think that the mafia would night kill Coron as he claimed cop.

CES voted Der Hammer for (I think) the same reason that Primate is suspecting me, for contributing nothing and merely following the game. He has made 5 posts since he replaced Ziliu and it has been a month of him playing.

So
FOS Coron, FOS Der Hammer

And now i have to think about Coron and if i want to be the hammah.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:35 am

Post by Primate »

marc.six wrote:BUT it makes more sense to vig him and persue someone else, BUT this could take weeks until someone else is lynched because there isn't much evidence to go on right now with everyone thinking about coron.
I hate to say it, but I think this is probably right. I'm getting very tired of defending him by myself without anyone else even saying anything about it. No-one seems interested. Hammahing him is definitely not the optimal play, but it's looking increasingly necessary for something to happen *sigh* I don't think it's quite needed yet though. I fancy getting to the bottom of this Mark.six thing, and the Der Hammer thing that he just pointed out. Hell, Thok's been acting odd too, viper and ubertimmy haven't posted anything of any worth
all game
, and Greenliquid just seems spaced.
Mark.six wrote:CES voted Der Hammer for (I think) the same reason that Primate is suspecting me, for contributing nothing and merely following the game. He has made 5 posts since he replaced Ziliu and it has been a month of him playing.
I still have my suspicions of you, and they have actually been deepened a little by that last post, but now is not the time, we need a competing wagon, and you're actually posting, which is more than I can say about most of these chumps.

unvote vote Viper0933

This is a worthwhile counterwagon people, get on.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:46 am

Post by Der Hammer »

For now we can't choose to outguess the Mod. There are levels of bastardity

1)Coron is innocent and its bastard for him and the town
2)Coron killed Arimaeas and its bastard for him because now we know.
3)lots more options

Why are you trying to start a wagon on Viper? If this is a lurker thing thenfine.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Primate »

Der Hammer wrote:Why are you trying to start a wagon on Viper? If this is a lurker thing thenfine.
Kinda. Click on the 'show all posts' thing for viper and you'll see what I'm talking about.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:03 am

Post by TBuG »

Unvote, Vote: viper
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Primate wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:Why are you trying to start a wagon on Viper? If this is a lurker thing thenfine.
Kinda. Click on the 'show all posts' thing for viper and you'll see what I'm talking about.
You have a point.

11 posts total I counted... and none of them say
anything

How about instead of voting him, we have the mod replace him? Just skip a mod prod, he'll just post another "Oh, I forgot about this game" and continue to never show up again. I think we should just have him replaced.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by Primate »

al_kohaulec wrote:You have a point.

11 posts total I counted... and none of them say
anything

How about instead of voting him, we have the mod replace him? Just skip a mod prod, he'll just post another "Oh, I forgot about this game" and continue to never show up again. I think we should just have him replaced.
Sergeants Greenliquid and Ubertimmy probablyly could do with disciplinaries as well, sir. [/soldier speak game crossover]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”