Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Thesp »

I'm going to hound raj until I'm killed or discover otherwise, by the way. He's scum and no one is paying attention.
Fletcher wrote:I don't know how so early on Thesp and Glork were confirmed innocents to each other. I didn't think much it when Glork said it, but I generally hoold Thesp to a higher standard. What had even given you the isea he was pro-townish that early on?
I don't think his activity this game would be consistent with Glork as scum. I just don't see it. It's certainly conceivable, but I put him waaaaaay farther down the list than anyone else, and he'd be the last one I'd lynch today, save myself.
Fletcher wrote:In post 127 you begin your suspicions of raj and thok that have carried through until now. But why them? There were about 6 other people who jumped on the wagon with the same amount of reason.
Is there any among them that you think I should be suspicious of? (Note I have been suspicious of several of them.) There are some of them whom I have stated suspicions of, but some jumped on in ways that didn't catch my eye in the same way as raj's really did.

----

Cote Vount:

belp im a hug - 6 (Dur-Galad, Smashy, CrashTextDummie, Glork, Thok, Mariyta)

Yarimta - 5 (Fletcher, Coron, Quagmire, Colonel Kurtz, PBuG)
Glrok - 2 (mystery meat of doom, logicticus)
Gur-Dalad - 1 (help im a bug)
jarbdsmfreak - 1 (Thesp)
BGuP - 1 (rajrhcpfreak)
Magquire - 1 (Macros)

Not Voting - 2 (MrLuddyBee, DannelChelibird)

10 to throw off the plane and/or generally f*** up.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm

Post by Glork »

PBuG wrote:
Confirm Vote: Mariyta
Actually, I'd take Mari's OMGUSishness as more of a pro-town tell at this point. I'm starting to get the distinct feeling that you're waaaaaay off-base here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Indeed, I'm also starting to get an urge to lynch PBuG. But that's mainly because HIAB and raj have decided to keep a low profile in order not to further incriminate themselves.

It really sucks how many people are still lurking in the face of a deadline, but I'm starting to feel like this may have altogether different reasons in some cases (MBL has still not posted a single message, yet unlike ChannelDelibird, he wasn't adressed by the mod).

But even if that's true, there are a lot of people who have absolutely no reason to stay quiet.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Post by TBuG »

*sigh*
Unvote
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Indeed, I'm also starting to get an urge to lynch PBuG. But that's mainly because HIAB and raj have decided to keep a low profile in order not to further incriminate themselves.

It really sucks how many people are still lurking in the face of a deadline, but I'm starting to feel like this may have altogether different reasons in some cases (MBL has still not posted a single message, yet unlike ChannelDelibird, he wasn't adressed by the mod).

But even if that's true, there are a lot of people who have absolutely no reason to stay quiet.
im not lurking, im verry happy with my pbug vote.
you can give reasons for your vote hoping but its still too much for my comfort.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp, do you have any responses to my comments? Or should I assume you've decided to focus on raj for now.

Your defense of hiab is noted.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by Dur-Galad »

Mari: your "defense" against Fletcher was in fact incredibly poor, if not very scummy. Glork's continued defense of you is noted, as is PBuG's quick unvote when it seemed like he was coming under fire for joining the wagon. Tsk tsk, PBuG.

Thesp:
1) Please elaborate on what "CrapReasons" are. If you call trying to put suspicion on a player for ludicrous reasons, and/or putting suspicion on a player while quietly trying to lynch another "CrapReasons", then I think we have drastically different ideas of good reasons to vote for someone. I think Glork's play is either scummy or simply hurting the town: ergo, he is a good day 1 lynch barring anyone specifically coming off as very scummy (someone like hiab, for example). Similarly, when a person is closely linked to another (as you and Glork are, having both called each other town), and you think one seems anti-town, the other looks scummy too. Entirely reasonable.

2) I have been on the hiab wagon pretty much all day, and I have strongly stated my case that he is scum. How am I hedging my bets?

3) I am not the only person who doesn't think raj is "horribly scummy". I am not hedging my bets on him - I simply don't think he's especially scummy
or
especially innocent at the moment. I pointed this out only because raj is/was a major topic of discussion, and I wanted to make my opinion known.

4) What hiab suggested is in no way sensical. He provided evidence that Macros has a particular post restriction, and then suggested that he was scummy because he might have a
second, entirely seperate
post restriction - one which is quite a stretch of the imagination as well.

5) You attack me for telling hiab that he has not provided enough evidence. If you had not taken me out of context, it would be plainly evident that I was simply refuting his claim to
have given evidence
of the "doing a snakelike thing once a day" post restriction, and his claim that I ignored this evidence.

Your attempt to defend hiab and attack me via craplogic and misrepresentation is very interesting to me.

Finally, does anyone actually believe Glork's claim to have not looked at his role? I just want to ascertain that he wouldn't do something so stupid and anti-town.
Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by Glork »

"Continued defense" Dur-Galad? Did you not see me pushing the Mari lynch/vig/whatever earlier?

Also, I find it interesting that you say "well Glork is scummy but even if not, he's a good D1 lynch." It's like you want any excuse you can get to off me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Glork wrote:"Continued defense" Dur-Galad? Did you not see me pushing the Mari lynch/vig/whatever earlier?

Also, I find it interesting that you say "well Glork is scummy but even if not, he's a good D1 lynch." It's like you want any excuse you can get to off me.
hey thats a good idea... naw... ill stick with this. but i do like to lynch unhelpful townies. but i have my "A game" this game.

"A game" is pattoned and copywrighted by tyler fritz (c) 2006
Show

raj's to do list:

Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by Smashy »

I disagree with Glork being a day 1 lynch. Hopefully he's just joking around with the not having read the role PM, but there are people scummier enough to put Glork on the back burner for the time being.

raj: You went 4 days between the post where you claim to not lurk, and the post before that. Granted, the activity of this game did die a little bit, but I think it's time to show us your 'A game' with posts that are more than 1 line lest you come under even more fire.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:33 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

ive already put my input on this pbug is too scummy and is pushing too many lynches and too many people to claim. lets look at this voteing record so far on day one....

Vote: Motherfucking Snakes
unvote, vote spectrum
Unvote
Vote: raj
Vote: Mariyta
Unvote; Vote: raj
Unvote, Vote: Mariyta
Vote: help im a bug
Unvote; Vote: Mariyta
unvote
Show

raj's to do list:

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:47 am

Post by TBuG »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:ive already put my input on this pbug is too scummy and is pushing too many lynches and too many people to claim. lets look at this voteing record so far on day one....
Time to bite:

My only vote WITHOUT SUFFICIENT REASONING was my second vote for you, which was OMGUS (well, and the snake vote). I have never said "CLAIM OR DIE!" Try and find a post where I asked someone to claim. I have not actually pushed a lynch, pushing a lynch and voting are two completely different things.

I'm tired of changing my vote, so I'll
Vote: raj
which will not be removed without very strong reasoning.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

PBuG wrote:
If spectrum has a post restriction, SHE HAS BROKEN IT.
Therefore, she is scum.
thats not pushing?
PBuG wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
PBuG wrote:
because you're a) twisting Fletcher's words and b) you
are
making him sound like an idiot.
So you and Fletcher are scum together? I was in no way twisting his words or making him look like an idiot. He was accomplishing that himself. And when I ask him to clarify, he just responds with "That's not what I said".

Not sure who I want to vote more at this point. You're both ridiculously scummy.
confirming your vote after you already voted = pushing
Show

raj's to do list:

Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Dur-Galad »

Glork wrote:"Continued defense" Dur-Galad? Did you not see me pushing the Mari lynch/vig/whatever earlier?

Yes. I saw you pushing for her to be vigged rather than lynched very strongly. Given that your play in this game has been very erratic, and that this makes me suspicious of you, that looks like a defense to me - after all, there are quite a few ways Mari could survive a vig, but not so many that would make her survive a lynch (especially since we've got one unlynchable already outed). Paranoia? Yes. But that is why your play bothers me so much.

Furthermore, please don't claim that I want to "off you" so bad until I'm actually trying to wagon you. You're not even second on my list anymore.

That all said, let's get to our hiab lynch plzkthx.

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Quagmire »

Glork wrote:
PBuG wrote:
Actually, I'd take Mari's OMGUSishness as more of a pro-town tell at this point. I'm starting to get the distinct feeling that you're waaaaaay off-base here.
I don't. Mariyta has made not one single pro-town post today, and I'm still not convinced at all on raj. I think he's just a lazy townie, but ehh, I could be wrong.

My vote will not change.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by TBuG »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
PBuG wrote:
If spectrum has a post restriction, SHE HAS BROKEN IT.
Therefore, she is scum.
thats not pushing?
PBuG wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
PBuG wrote:
because you're a) twisting Fletcher's words and b) you
are
making him sound like an idiot.
So you and Fletcher are scum together? I was in no way twisting his words or making him look like an idiot. He was accomplishing that himself. And when I ask him to clarify, he just responds with "That's not what I said".

Not sure who I want to vote more at this point. You're both ridiculously scummy.
confirming your vote after you already voted = pushing
Neither of those are pushing. People were wondering why others said spectrum broke her restriction, so I answered. With Mariyta, that was signifying that I really think she's scum.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

what it waht you want, i call that pushing.
Show

raj's to do list:

Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Post by Dur-Galad »

PBuG, if you RLY obv obv obv think Mari's scum, why are you voting for someone else and saying that your vote will probably not change? Is raj doubleplusscum?

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:02 am

Post by Thesp »

Thok wrote:1. When I play themes, I tend to actually do a bit of research about the theme. I'm also generally quicker to figure out the likely setup than most people. For a while I actually had this post (ironically from hiab) sigged from Stephen King Mafia where I was a townie and was the first (and essentially only) person to deduce the actually setup of the scum characters into groups.

Also, why doesn't this argument apply to hiab, who "knew" this game had post restrictions on page 1? There was no reason to assume Marcos had a post restriction, especially if you've actually played a game with him and/or seen him post before.
I'm not sure anecdotal evidence is sufficient to overturn my suspicions of a tell, here. Tells work on the premise that they are done
more frequently
by scum, not
exlusively
by scum. Re: help im a bug, speculating on post restrictions differs from speculating on who the scum are. However, I think his suggestion that "ssssssscummy" is a scum post restriction is not a bad or harmful one, it may even be perfectly correct, and I don't mind him pointing it out. (Actually, if someone says anything with an extended "s" tomorrow, I hope everyone's eyes perk up because of this calling to attention.)
Thok wrote:2. Hindsight is 20-20 on the spectrumvoid wagon.
It's not about the hinsight. It was a bad wagon in the first place.
Thok wrote:3. I didn't "join" the hiab wagon-I was the second person on it (way back on post 146, although I didn't give any reasoning for my vote there). I briefly left to vote logicticus when I saw a tell, and then I moved my vote back. My post 220 is explaining what I saw in when I voted him in 146. Or where do you think I'm "being defensive"?
It was this post that I found odd:
Thok wrote:
Thok wrote:I'm voting bug for his early comments about macros; especially his keeping his early vote on macros while assuming macros had a post restriction.
You know, given that we have wagons on PBuG and help im a bug, I really should clarify that the above is the reason my vote is on help im a bug.
(I know I didn't give your vote a second thought until this post. This sticks out to me as being overly/pre-emptively defensive.
Dur-Galad wrote:1) Please elaborate on what "CrapReasons" are. If you call trying to put suspicion on a player for ludicrous reasons, and/or putting suspicion on a player while quietly trying to lynch another "CrapReasons", then I think we have drastically different ideas of good reasons to vote for someone.
No, I think help im a bug's thought on Macros was perfectly reasonable and certainly not ludicrous. When you vote for someone and say they have a valid point, you are "hedging your bet", and providing reason enough for you to escape the vote freely. The fact that help im a bug has blossomed into a wagon since then is merely icing on the cake.
Dur-Galad wrote:I think Glork's play is either scummy or simply hurting the town...
What this says to me is that I can stop reading your posts. (I'm still reading them anyways.) You're not trying to find scum. In fact, this reason is often given as a means of justifying bad lynches, and I'm never comfortable with that.
Dur-Galad wrote:2) I have been on the hiab wagon pretty much all day, and I have strongly stated my case that he is scum. How am I hedging my bets?
When you vote for someone and say they have a valid point (undercutting your own argument, like you did in your first vote for help im a bug), you are "hedging your bet", and providing reason enough for you to escape the vote freely. The fact that help im a bug has blossomed into a wagon since then is merely icing on the cake or you.
Dur-Galad wrote:4) What hiab suggested is in no way sensical. He provided evidence that Macros has a particular post restriction, and then suggested that he was scummy because he might have a second, entirely seperate post restriction - one which is quite a stretch of the imagination as well.
Why is this not sensical? I don't see this as a stretch at all,
particularly now since we've already seen a bizarre post restriction.
Someone who has to post in all caps and might blow up for posting too much?
Dur-Galad wrote:5) You attack me for telling hiab that he has not provided enough evidence. If you had not taken me out of context, it would be plainly evident that I was simply refuting his claim to have given evidence of the "doing a snakelike thing once a day" post restriction, and his claim that I ignored this evidence.
I've looked at the context a bit more closely, as it was diffiult to delineate. (I think you overstate your case here, nothing is "plainly evident" about your conversation with help im a bug.) You said he gave no evidence
"other than the word "ssssscummy" that he used"
(emphasis mine). You then said it's not evidence, it's only "data you used to form your hypothesis".

Now, suppose that someone does indeed have a post-restriction that makes them use a elongated "s" in one post per day. Quiz for Dur-Galad,

(1) What sort of evidence would you find for it?

(2) What sort of role is most likely to have such a post restriction?

Please answer those questions in thread, then I DARE YOU TO SAY AGAIN THAT
SUGGESTING WE OUGHT TO WATCH ONE PERSON IN THE FUTURE
BECAUSE THEY SAID "SSSSSCUMMY" IS SOMETHING SCUM ARE MORE LIKELY TO DO.

I dare you.

Now, we've got to hurry and turbo-lynch raj before our deadline hits. If we must, I can conceive of a Mariyta lynch, she's just not all that terribly interesting to me either way as a lynch. I do, however, think a help im a bug lynch is terribly ill-informed.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:16 am

Post by bluesoul »

Deadline is in about 50 hours. I have sent a PM to the next available replacement.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:16 am

Post by Smashy »

I still quite honestly thing giving the scum such a detrimental restriction like that is stupid/bastard mod-y. hiab mentioned it as a second restriction, which is why we're on him about it, but if someone does it tomorrow, THEN we'll look at it hard.

That being said, raj has said very little in the game, and he tried to make PBug sound much worse than he is. hiab hasn't posted in 5 days though, and I'm still getting vibes from him. Keeping my vote on hiab, as I don't like this lurking in the face of a deadline AND bandwagon.

p.s. I'm just noticing how messed up the VC (or should I say CV) is at the top of the page <.<
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Smashy wrote:I still quite honestly thing giving the scum such a detrimental restriction like that is stupid/bastard mod-y.
Why? It wouldn't be the first time, and people tend to go, "Oh, they've got a post restriction, they must be town." Scum having such a restriction would be conceivable, and worth paying attention to down the road.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:00 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

you dont want me to claim i have a very powerful role.

so stop it.
Show

raj's to do list:

Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:09 am

Post by Smashy »

Why? It wouldn't be the first time, and people tend to go, "Oh, they've got a post restriction, they must be town." Scum having such a restriction would be conceivable, and worth paying attention to down the road.
tbh, I don't think Macros has such a restriction. Like I said, if it comes up again, THEN we deal with it.

you dont want me to claim i have a very powerful role.

so stop it.
This doesn't help your case AT ALL. Pending what hiab posts, my vote could go to you real soon.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:34 am

Post by Quagmire »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:you dont want me to claim i have a very powerful role.

so stop it.
Unvote Mariyta, vote: raj

Listen, I'm all for killing Mariyta at any chance we may get, and I still think she's the first target, but this post is just too much and we're nearing a deadline. I know I said I won't change, but this is just too much.

First you ignore the suspicions on you (even though I really don't think that they're valid to encounter a bandwagon like it did, but that's meaningless), and then when the votes on you are piled on enough, you try to attack PBug instead of actually defending yourself (easy scum tactic to try and deflect the focus of attention off of yourself), and then since that really hasn't worked, you're now using scare tactics to try and prevent us from lynching you.

My vote will stay on you until you claim. If you have something "very powerful" like you say you do, I'd be happy to lynch Mariyta today.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”