Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:59 am

Post by Glork »

PING!

Unvote, Vote: Quag

----

Vote Count:

help im a bug - 5 (Dur-Galad, Smashy, CrashTextDummie, Thok, Mariyta)
Mariyta - 3 (Fletcher, Coron, Colonel Kurtz)
rajrhcpfreak - 3 (Thesp, PBuG, Quagmire)
Glork - 2 (mystery meat of doom, logicticus)
Quagmire - 2 (Macros, Glork)
Dur-Galad - 1 (help im a bug)
PBuG - 1 (rajrhcpfreak)

Not Voting - 2 (MrBuddyLee, ChannelDelibird)

10 to throw off the plane and/or generally f*** up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:13 am

Post by Quagmire »

Glork wrote:PING!

Unvote, Vote: Quag
I know why already, but care to verify?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:14 am

Post by Glork »

Verification is for chumps and sissies. Die scum, die.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:35 am

Post by help im a bug »

unvote, vote raj

Simply looks more scummy than Mariyta at the moment.

Glork, if you'd explain your vote, I might be convinced to switch to Quag.
oh no
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:49 am

Post by Glork »

help im a bug wrote:Glork, if you'd explain your vote, I might be convinced to switch to Quag.
Because he's scum?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:55 am

Post by Smashy »

Glork: Is Thesp still a gg in your eyes? You did say Quag 'had a good head on his shoulders' (despite him needing to shut up)

As for raj: Quag summed it up nicely, even if it sounded like he was fishing. You posted very little, and what you have posted hasn't help the town find scum.
Unvote, Vote raj
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:07 am

Post by Glork »

It's a bad bandwagon. You people seriously need to get the fuck off of it.
Seriously... near-end-of-day due to deadline, and everyone's freaking
WAGONING THE GUY WHO CLAIMED TO BE A POWER ROLE
. What the *HELL* are you people thinking?
Clearly this matter needs more discussion, not "Raj is scummy! I agree with so-and-so. VOTE VOTE RAJSCUM CLAIM RARARAR LYNCH AT DAEDLINE:L!J#R:O!IRJ@P# OIJ@PO#IRJ:WKWEJ T:OWEJI " :x

Having a good head on one's shoulders does *NOT* equate to being pro-town. It's an early-game indicator that I'm favoring a player, but such opinions are always subject to change. Logical posters can just as easily be scum as ridiculous posters.

Thesp, I believe, is still a good guy. He picked the wrong person to go after I think... but at this point (in my humble opinion), his insistence in going after Raj is not indicative of him being scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:15 am

Post by Glork »

Actually, I'm more thinking HIAB and/or Smashy are scum, as opposed to Quag.

Unvote, Vote: HIAB

This is ridiculous. Raj is *NOT* the lynch today. We are less than 48 hours from deadline, and this "raj claim" wagon (if that's what it really is) could easily cost a power-role his life. He may be scum, he might not. Right now, I'm inclined to think no for two reasons:
1) the way in which he pseudo-claimed. Call it an intangible hunch. I've had them before, and I'm getting it this time.
2) The speed with which he picked up three votes (including a very important switch FROM hiab TO raj by Smashy). Scum would looooooooove to wagon a power-role to death right before deadline.

Bad wagon. Bad, bad, bad, bad BAD BAD REALLY BAD WAGON.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:27 am

Post by Smashy »

Then he should post is opinions on hiab and Mari. And he hasn't claimed shit yet that I can believe. You've been pushing raj for lynch/vig most of the day, and yet "you dont want me to claim i have a very powerful role." makes him a bad bandwagon?
FoS: Glork
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:35 am

Post by Smashy »

Glork wrote:Actually, I'm more thinking HIAB and/or Smashy are scum, as opposed to Quag.

Unvote, Vote: HIAB

This is ridiculous. Raj is *NOT* the lynch today. We are less than 48 hours from deadline, and this "raj claim" wagon (if that's what it really is) could easily cost a power-role his life. He may be scum, he might not. Right now, I'm inclined to think no for two reasons:
1) the way in which he pseudo-claimed. Call it an intangible hunch. I've had them before, and I'm getting it this time.
2) The speed with which he picked up three votes (including a very important switch FROM hiab TO raj by Smashy). Scum would looooooooove to wagon a power-role to death right before deadline.

Bad wagon. Bad, bad, bad, bad BAD BAD REALLY BAD WAGON.
Simulpost. My FoS wasn't OMGUS. But I still want to hear from raj, and perhaps forcing him into a claim may be bad before he can give opinions/
Unvote, FoS raj
. I still don't get this flip, and I still think raj is getting very defensive, but I don't want him claiming before he can defend himself and give us his thoughts.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Quagmire »

Hey, quick question. If there's not enough to lynch at the deadline, does the deadline lynch whoever has the most votes, or is it a no lynch if there is no majority?
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:23 am

Post by bluesoul »

Quagmire wrote:Hey, quick question. If there's not enough to lynch at the deadline, does the deadline lynch whoever has the most votes, or is it a no lynch if there is no majority?
General Game Rules, Post 2 wrote:4.) If a deadline passes without a player or No Lynch receiving a majority of the votes, the day will end with
No Lynch
. Those of you that have played in my games before know I usually use a doomsday clock but I would rather leave people alive to enjoy this one.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:26 am

Post by Glork »

Oh. Well, then.

Let's wagon HIAB to death. He's scum. <.<
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:51 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Quagmire wrote:First you ignore the suspicions on you (even though I really don't think that they're valid to encounter a bandwagon like it did, but that's meaningless), and then when the votes on you are piled on enough, you try to attack PBug instead of actually defending yourself (easy scum tactic to try and deflect the focus of attention off of yourself), and then since that really hasn't worked, you're now using scare tactics to try and prevent us from lynching you.
ive been on pbug all day. only now when people claim im lurking is when i get vocal about it. and i love how smashy waits untill somothers vote me before pushing this wagon. and hiab's explaniation is sucky too.

unvote
vote hiab

raj's pick three trifecta is hiab, pbug, smashy
i want to put thesp in the superfecta but i think that is a wrong move right now.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by Smashy »

Did you notice I unvoted? Other than that, you do bring up some valid points. hiab did have a longer hiatus than you (then again, I could jump on about 5 more people for lurking. perhaps it was only because you were in the spotlight). Perhaps Glork is right, and we need more time than the deadline gives us to discuss this. hiab's been scummy to me for a lot longer than you.
Unvote, Vote hiab
, we'll worry about the lurkers and raj later.
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Actually, I'm more thinking HIAB and/or Smashy are scum, as opposed to Quag.
Don't worry about Smashy (I can vouch later if it's an issue), but I am finally going to have to VOTE that muthafucka!
vote helpimabug

[/b]
Load your program
I am your self
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Post by Thok »

That's 8? We should get a claim out of hiab.

I'm not particularly happy with smashy's flipflopping around either.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:03 pm

Post by Smashy »

Yeah... raj's posts up until is last one made me suspicious, but I doubt he's the lynch today. I'm still trying to make sense of Glork, but I'm fine with a hiab lynch, and withholding something big happening it's probably my final voteswap.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:02 am

Post by Thesp »

I'll be around to switch my vote as needed.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:53 am

Post by bluesoul »

Deadline's in 24 hours.

The Ace replaces ChannelDelibird, effective immediately. I know he's having some computer problems but it's been over two weeks.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:09 am

Post by Glork »

Mod:
Any word on whether MBL has been prodded, has picked up his prod, is being replaced, etc?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 am

Post by bluesoul »

I can not answer that at this time but I am acknowledging the question.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:19 am

Post by TBuG »

*assumes fetal position and start rocking back and forth*

If hiab doesn't claim soon, against my better judgement, I will claim.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Dur-Galad »

New developments earn Smash an FoS (which saddens me, since I was thinking he was clean), and a :badposting: for raj's 347.

Now to return to our regularly scheduled program:
Thesp wrote:
Dur-Galad wrote:1) Please elaborate on what "CrapReasons" are. If you call trying to put suspicion on a player for ludicrous reasons, and/or putting suspicion on a player while quietly trying to lynch another "CrapReasons", then I think we have drastically different ideas of good reasons to vote for someone.
No, I think help im a bug's thought on Macros was perfectly reasonable and certainly not ludicrous. When you vote for someone and say they have a valid point, you are "hedging your bet", and providing reason enough for you to escape the vote freely. The fact that help im a bug has blossomed into a wagon since then is merely icing on the cake.
So you think it is in fact perfectly reasonable that Macros has
two
post restrictions, and that one of them is "having to do a snake-like thing once a day"? You are on record as believing that that position is plausible?

Let me break down my beliefs re: hiab's original scummy post.
1) hiab postulates that Macros has a post restriction in which he must be generally antagonistic. hiab offers evidence to support his claim. I agree that Macros very possibly has this post restriction.

2) hiab suggests, based on the fact that Macros said "sssssscummy" that Macros is
also
"scum who has to do a snakelike thing once a day". hiab goes so far as to say that he is
"really suspicious"
of Macros being such a scum. I do not believe this suggestion for the following reasons:
a) I think the original "ssssscummy" quote was most likely a joke.
b) I think it is unlikely that a post restriction would be "do a snake-like thing once a day".
c) Given that I believe Macros quite possibly has the
other
post restriction, and that I think it is incredibly unlikely that he has
two
post restrictions, this second restriction must necessarily be almost as unlikely as the first is likely.

3) hiab then moves his vote
away
from Macros and
onto
spectrumvoid - a townie whose wagon you have been vocally against - putting spectrum one from lynch. He does this with no discussion, and yet immediately begins pushing hard for lynch (his next post, in its entirety, reads "Why is spectrumvoid alive?")

I believed hiab was scummy because he attempted to cast suspicion on a player for reasons that I believe are mostly or entirely lacking merit, while simultaneously attempting to bandwagon another player to death. Effectively, I think he was trying to get a quick mislynch on d1 while putting suspicion on another player for d2 (or, even worse, an n1 vigging). Please note that my agreement with one of his assertations is among the reasons I think his attack on Macros falls apart, rather than exculpatory evidence.

Thesp wrote:
Dur-Galad wrote:I think Glork's play is either scummy or simply hurting the town...
What this says to me is that I can stop reading your posts. (I'm still reading them anyways.) You're not trying to find scum. In fact, this reason is often given as a means of justifying bad lynches, and I'm never comfortable with that.
I think there is a better-than-average chance that Glork is scum (to be fair, my suspicions have been decreasing as his play normalizes). I also think that when his play is egregiously abnormal, it hurts the town (if Glork is acting crazy, how can you get a read on Glork? If you can't read Glork, how can you read his interactions with others?) Ergo, in the absence of someone who I feel is more scummy than Glork, I'd be happy to vote him and, given a deadline, to lynch him rather than No Lynch. This does not mean I ever wanted to quick-lynch Glork - as I have stated before, I've never even voted for him.

Furthermore, I hoped that my statements would be responded to with at least some kind of list of what he's serious about and what he's not, and hopefully with an effort to at least be a little bit serious.

Thesp wrote:
Dur-Galad wrote:4) What hiab suggested is in no way sensical. He provided evidence that Macros has a particular post restriction, and then suggested that he was scummy because he might have a second, entirely seperate post restriction - one which is quite a stretch of the imagination as well.
Why is this not sensical? I don't see this as a stretch at all,
particularly now since we've already seen a bizarre post restriction.
Someone who has to post in all caps and might blow up for posting too much?
Having to post in all caps is not what I would call "bizarre". In fact, posting in all caps seems to me reasonably similar to Macros being curmudgeonly. You also seem to suggest that spectrum died because he himself had posted too many times, which is untrue. Even if we call spectrum's PR "bizarre", it is still quite a bit less bizarre than a scum with
two
restrictions, one of which is to act like a snake once a day.

Thesp wrote:
Dur-Galad wrote:5) You attack me for telling hiab that he has not provided enough evidence. If you had not taken me out of context, it would be plainly evident that I was simply refuting his claim to have given evidence of the "doing a snakelike thing once a day" post restriction, and his claim that I ignored this evidence.
I've looked at the context a bit more closely, as it was diffiult to delineate. (I think you overstate your case here, nothing is "plainly evident" about your conversation with help im a bug.)
The only time I conversed with him about evidence was this:
Dur-Galad wrote:
hiab wrote:1) I gave evidence, which you ignored
2) I mentioned that my thoughts (about the ssssssnake post restriction) were only suspicions, and that it was "something to keep an eye on." The way you quoted, however, was an obvious attempt to make me look irrational.
1) You gave no evidence<snip>
It seems rather plain to me that I was responding directly to his "1) I gave evidence, which you ignored".

Thesp wrote:You said he gave no evidence
"other than the word "ssssscummy" that he used"
(emphasis mine). You then said it's not evidence, it's only "data you used to form your hypothesis".
My statement was true. He did the following (please note that I am attempting to be scientific to some extent, once the word evidence starts coming into play):
1) pointed out an unusual phenomenon - Macros said the word "ssssscummy"
2) offered a hypothesis - Macros is scum with a restriction to do something "snake-like" once a day.
3) concluded that he was "really suspicious" of Macros for this.

He
did not do
the following:
- suggest alternate hypotheses to explain the phenomenon (I personally doubt he even considered any)
- offer any evidence that any alternative hypothesis is false
- offer any evidence that his own hypothesis is true

Effectively, I refuted his claim that I had not considered his evidence by stating that he did not in fact offer any evidence to consider. I do not believe the point has been argued, and I do not believe there can be any argument.

Thesp wrote:Now, suppose that someone does indeed have a post-restriction that makes them use a elongated "s" in one post per day. Quiz for Dur-Galad,

(1) What sort of evidence would you find for it?

(2) What sort of role is most likely to have such a post restriction?
1) You could offer the following evidence:
repeated
"snake-like" actions; the existance of some sort of similar post restriction having occurred in the past; some explanation - and preferably evidence to support it - of the plausibility of Macros having two post restrictions, or somehow showing that it is plausible that he has only the "snake-like actions" restriction; suggestion and evidence against any other plausible reasons for the original phenomenon.

None of these were offered, and the burden of proof rests
squarely
on hiab.

2) If the post restriction were to exist, I believe it is more likely possessed by a scum than otherwise. Your question is fallacious, however, in that my central point revolves around the plausibility of hiab's assertion of the "do a snake-like thing" restriction, NOT whether or not having such a post restriction is scummy. Furthermore, I would still be uncomfortable lynching Macros based simply on having a probably-scummy post restriction.

Thesp wrote:Please answer those questions in thread, then I DARE YOU TO SAY AGAIN THAT
SUGGESTING WE OUGHT TO WATCH ONE PERSON IN THE FUTURE
BECAUSE THEY SAID "SSSSSCUMMY" IS SOMETHING SCUM ARE MORE LIKELY TO DO.

I dare you.
Your "dare" is clever, since I NEVER SAID THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE (given that you are defining "watch" as "keep an eye out for snake-like actions" rather than "be suspicious of"). Obviously, I can't say it "again", and I won't say it once.

What I
have
said is that placing suspicion (I defy anyone to suggest that claiming to have been made "really suspicious" is not placing suspicion) upon any player for CrapReasons is scummy, that doing so
while trying to lynch someone else
is even scummier, and that hiab's behavior has continued to be scummy - in fact, he's been vote-hopping just recently.

I find it
fantastically
interesting that you call me out for "hedging my bets", while
defending
a player who called someone "really suspicious" in one sentence, said "Just something to keep an eye on" the next, and then promptly put another player at lynch - 1.

Thesp wrote:Now, we've got to hurry and turbo-lynch raj before our deadline hits. If we must, I can conceive of a Mariyta lynch, she's just not all that terribly interesting to me either way as a lynch. I do, however, think a help im a bug lynch is terribly ill-informed.
It also interests me that your original vote for raj was an OMGUS in post 76, before the spectrumwagon took off. In fact, you randomly FoS'd me in the same post, before I had done anything that you now claim I'm scummy for.

Since hiab looks scummier every time I read through this game,
Confirm Vote: hiab
. If he manages to survive today, our vig should definitely make sure he's off our motherfucking plane by tomorrow.

Mod
, I think Macros could use a prod.
Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:34 am

Post by bluesoul »

I will send out another round of prods tomorrow with the scene, so players with choices will be able to get them sent in (hopefully).
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”