NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Quagmire »

In post 598, Psyche wrote:Okay, you guys have my focus now. I'm sorry for not giving it sooner.

Cool. Where's the posting you keep promising?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:29 am

Post by AGar »

In post 592, Quagmire wrote:
In post 584, AGar wrote:
In post 578, Quagmire wrote:Someone else read AGar's ISO and tell me if you think it's scummy too.

Love how your play has degraded since reading your role PM.

Of course it would be shameful of you to try and pull the "you're not posting well" card since you've posted virtually nothing of substance this entire game. But you wouldn't be trying to do that, right?

No, I'm trying exactly that.

Glork, what good reason do you have to avert the singer wagon and what viable alternative do you propose in the immediate short term, since we have a bit over 2 days to do something.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 601, AGar wrote:Glork, what good reason do you have to avert the singer wagon and what viable alternative do you propose in the immediate short term, since we have a bit over 2 days to do something.

Are you incapable of reading any of my posts over the last few pages?
Are you incapable of looking at the vote count?

Seriously, AGar. What the hell is this god awful bullshit?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 473, Glork wrote:
Vote: nhammen

In post 503, Glork wrote:Don't you mean Nhammen and Nhammen?

In post 507, Glork wrote:Nhammen is still the lynch today. I wouldn't mind seeing Simenon shot tonight.

In post 530, Glork wrote:Dodging a prod. Still moving and shit.

Singer: I explained why I was withholding my
[nhammen]
vote earlier. Now that the massclaim is as complete as it's going to get, it's time to get to lynching
[nhammen]

In post 576, Glork wrote:Tierce, considering how close we are to deadline (less than 72 hours by my count?), is it safe to assume that you consider Nhammen to be definitively protown? You literally haven't talked about him other than to say you are "interested" to see how Red reacts to him early on, and then to say that discussing the "I claim" tell "doesn't make him scum." Considering he is one of the main wagons of the day, it sounds an aaaaaawful lot like you really want to avoid the subject altogether. So, gun-to-head: Would you lynch him today or not? Why or why not?

Here, AGar. Since you're apparently unwilling to put any effort into reading things, I've done all the legwork for you. Now please stop being stupid and start lynching Nhammen. 'Kay?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
10 to lynch

singersigner: 7 (nhammen, Staeg, Simenon, bv310, Rhinox, JDodge, AGar)
nhammen: 6 (redFF, singersigner, Quilford, Glork, Hoopla, Flameaxe)
Staeg: 1 (Tierce)
Glork: 1 (scooby)
Quagmire: 1 (Bella)

Not Voting: 3 (Psyche, Primate, Quagmire)

Current Deadline:
Sunday August 5th, 10 PM EST
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 533, bv310 wrote:The amount of prod-dodging makes me sad. Also, the fact that this singer lynch is unlikely to happen makes me sad. Deadline is Sunday, and I'm willing to vote Nhammen just to ensure we don't no-lynch.

In post 542, Quagmire wrote:
In post 539, Staeg wrote:I'm here. What rhinox pointed out about singer is valid. Vote stays.

No, it's not. It's paranoid.

In post 545, nhammen wrote:
In post 513, Rhinox wrote:No I don't. I see you list some examples that support iama's case actually and a skethcy haiku claim that doesn't really count. Then at the end of your post you say the sample size is too small and either way its a bad argument. Nothing you posted actually refutes iama's evidence at all. So why bother trying to find evidence to prove iama is wrong if your fallback is that its a crap point?

Evidence is better than no evidence. It lets everyone have as much information as possible so that they can make informed decisions. If my case is strictly more than calling it a "crap point" and that would have been good enough, I don't see why you can say that this is a bad reaction.

In post 516, Quagmire wrote:She's pushing vague, simple cases on people who have received little to no attention...and this is coming from someone who supposedly reads a lot of games and has to have studied up on good case practices. Both Rhinox and redFF had virtually flown under the radar at that point...a QuagScum meta, mind you, is to push cases on those under the radar D1 so in the future I can be seen as scumhunting and still avoid the potential spotlights that come with simple bandwagon lynches on protown players (which Tierce has done today also, while defending it with GlorkScum meta)*. Thus, I view this behavior as a scumtell. In addition, other than these few light and fluffy posts, she's been posting contentless one-liners** while still maintaining the illusion of being active.

I agree about her behavior concerning Rhinox, and add to it that she is doing pretty much the same thing she accuses Rhinox of. I disagree with the statement about Red, both because I find him to be scummy, and because I do not feel that he had flown under the radar prior to this. However, I haven't taken a close look at his playerslot for quite some time, so this could be confirmation bias from my earlier read on him. I actually gave Tierce a few townpoints in my mind because of her points on Red, but if my judgement of Red is flavored with confirmation bias I may have to rethink that as well.

In post 528, Primate wrote:@nhammen: I mean it feels like an opinion that predates this game and isn't tied very strongly with alignment.

I remember when I asked that question, I was reading it as this, but thinking that there is no way refusal to comment on the game can be alignment independent, so I must be reading it wrong, but looking back I can understand your viewpoint (although I don't agree), so I don't know what I wasn't seeing.

In post 529, singersigner wrote:He's not even confident in his own reasons for why he claims the way he does, which looks like he's just
looking
for something we might believe.

What makes you feel I'm not confident? If it is the alternate case for people that don't accept the weird claim, I decided that anticipating an argument and giving a counter ahead of time is much more efficient than waiting for the whole inevitable back and forth. Like I'm doing here.

In post 529, singersigner wrote:The fact that Nhammen jumped all the way back to something said before at least four of my posts since then shows that he's reaching for anything at this point. Again, with the continued bad reactions thing I explained earlier in this post.

Wait what? What is this you are accusing me of now? Can you show me where I did this? If you are going to make a case, at least give evidence thank you.

In post 532, Rhinox wrote:Given that this is how you feel about the claims (
and your reaction to my partial claim
), how do you feel about singer softclaiming a PR that "we probably don't want her to claim".

I missed that the first time I read #529. Thank you for bringing it to attention. I can say I don't like it.

In post 554, Hoopla wrote:Singer, you really need to claim. An unfinished massclaim is worse than both a full massclaim or no massclaim, and since one of those isn't an option any more, claim.

In post 556, Psyche wrote:I'm sorry guys, you'll have wait a little longer.

I hope you'll forgive me. I'll try to make up for it with a great entrance, when it happens.

In post 565, Quilford wrote:Because your predecessors. McStab's brief time as a player in particular really strikes me as something likely to come from a player replacing scum over a player replacing town.

Also I don't like your post #553.

In post 572, Tierce wrote:Nnngh have to meta Staeg. But WTF DUDE. Your play makes NO SENSE AS TOWN.

Whatever, bed bed bed.

In post 593, Quagmire wrote:The deadline is also a few hours away. Since Tierce ain't gonna get lynched,
unvote
. As I've said previously, I'm not voting singer...I don't see her pulling this gambit as scum on day one. I'd vote nhammen I guess. There have been worse day 1 lynches.

In post 598, Psyche wrote:Okay, you guys have my focus now. I'm sorry for not giving it sooner.

In post 597, nhammen wrote:

I agree with most of the reads in this wallpost, but I have to strongly disagree with your reads on me (obv), IAUN/Psych, AGar and red. I find the colorful phrases you use to describe my play very amusing, but completely wrong and pointless. In fact, if you take away the fluff, you are left with three sentences, one of which describes my RVS vote. What the heck JD? On IAUN, I don't see him making that case on me as scum. Scum do not go to that much effort to meta someone, even if he did miss the contraindicative (is that a word?) evidence in his search. At this point, Psych is my strongest townread in this game. I do not agree that AGar looks townish, and would definitely not go so far as to say "heavily pro-town" as you do. I have a null read on him and barely remember any of his content. And you say that red is now hyperlurking, but you don't put two and two together to notice that this began after the pressure on him dropped. He's prob scum.

You have townreads on two of my scumreads (Tierce and red). I don't see their actions as town behavior at all. I completely agree about username though. I also agree that we should lynch from the VT claim pool, although we need to add the people that haven't claimed to that as well. Singer in particular seems like obvscum to me (as you can tell from the fact that my vote has remained in place for quite some time).

In post 573, Flameaxe wrote:@Tierce: I dislike how singer entered the game. She went on for a week hiding behind a massclaim as a reason to hold off information (seriously, who the fuck decided no content during massclaims should be a thing?). When the massclaim wrapped up, she not only avoiding taking part, but continued to avoid content, at one point saying it was just the way she plays. Generally a turn off set of events for me.

I'd be okay with moving my vote for a bit. This is the result of me sleeping on it, for the record. I'll move my vote to one of Singer/Nhammen if this doesn't go off the ground. But, lets be honest: It should.

Unvote, Vote: Staeg

First paragraph is thumbsupgood. After this... no! Bad! Staeg should not be under consideration for today. He is a claimed role, and although his posts have been light on content, I do not agree with Tierce's attack at all. Singer is the lynch of the day people. UT was quite scummy for his lurking and showing up the instant anyone commented on him, and singer hasn't done any better with her refusal to actually comment on most anything. When she finally decided to vote, it was a vote on bv without any explanation whatsoever, and her next vote was an opportunistic hop onto my wagon. And I don't think she ever did describe her reasons for the bv vote. singer, any thoughts?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by singersigner »

Comments on that coming by the time I go to sleep +
words
about JD's post. :igmeou:

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'M SORRY FOR THE WALLS I KNOW I SUCK.
In post 605, singersigner wrote:
In post 533, bv310 wrote:The amount of prod-dodging makes me sad. Also, the fact that this singer lynch is unlikely to happen makes me sad. Deadline is Sunday, and I'm willing to vote Nhammen just to ensure we don't no-lynch.

And you're posting instead of...playing LoL?

In post 542, Quagmire wrote:
In post 539, Staeg wrote:I'm here. What rhinox pointed out about singer is valid. Vote stays.

No, it's not. It's paranoid.

I'll comment on this only because more than one person has so it seems relavant. The possibility of a godfather honestly didn't even cross my mind, and hasn't ever until someone else brings it up in any game I've ever played. The "theoretically" part stemmed from the fact that there are claimed-yet-to-be-confirmed cops, one specifying sanity, so.

In post 516, Quagmire wrote:She's pushing vague, simple cases on people who have received little to no attention...and this is coming from someone who supposedly reads a lot of games and has to have studied up on good case practices. Both Rhinox and redFF had virtually flown under the radar at that point...a QuagScum meta, mind you, is to push cases on those under the radar D1 so in the future I can be seen as scumhunting and still avoid the potential spotlights that come with simple bandwagon lynches on protown players (which Tierce has done today also, while defending it with GlorkScum meta)*. Thus, I view this behavior as a scumtell. In addition, other than these few light and fluffy posts, she's been posting contentless one-liners** while still maintaining the illusion of being active.

I would've agreed with this until Tierce brought up Mafia With the Maiden. I feel like Tiercescum would've overlooked referencing that game and ridden the easy wagon.

In post 545, nhammen wrote:
In post 529, singersigner wrote:He's not even confident in his own reasons for why he claims the way he does, which looks like he's just
looking
for something we might believe.

What makes you feel I'm not confident? If it is the alternate case for people that don't accept the weird claim, I decided that anticipating an argument and giving a counter ahead of time is much more efficient than waiting for the whole inevitable back and forth. Like I'm doing here.
In post 529, singersigner wrote:The fact that Nhammen jumped all the way back to something said before at least four of my posts since then shows that he's reaching for anything at this point. Again, with the continued bad reactions thing I explained earlier in this post.

Wait what? What is this you are accusing me of now? Can you show me where I did this? If you are going to make a case, at least give evidence thank you.

Quote #1: You don't look confident because your reaction reads deer caught in a headlight. You say *shug* there must be
something
, but fail to deliver.

Quote #2: Sorry, this was actually just a mix up of posts. I got mixed up because you responded to something I was originally saying to Simenon, so I got confused and mistook you as the original person I was responding to who said I had an "uncritical acceptance to iam's case." To clarify, the sequence of events shows that I wasn't taking the case into account because of the lack of mention in the four posts I made in between his case on you, and your reaction to it. It wasn't until your reaction that I, as I said, had a "critical
unacceptance
" to your reaction. The evidence was there, just not meant for you... >_>

In post 554, Hoopla wrote:Singer, you really need to claim. An unfinished massclaim is worse than both a full massclaim or no massclaim, and since one of those isn't an option any more, claim.

As you later admit, it would still be unfinished.

In post 565, Quilford wrote:Because your predecessors. McStab's brief time as a player in particular really strikes me as something likely to come from a player replacing scum over a player replacing town.

Also I don't like your post #553.

How do you feel now that she's actually put effort into a, as she said, "proper analysis"?

In post 572, Tierce wrote:Nnngh have to meta Staeg. But WTF DUDE. Your play makes NO SENSE AS TOWN.

Whatever, bed bed bed.

Staeg's playing similarly to Arkam City, if I recall correctly.

In post 593, Quagmire wrote:The deadline is also a few hours away. Since Tierce ain't gonna get lynched,
unvote
. As I've said previously, I'm not voting singer...I don't see her pulling this gambit as scum on day one. I'd vote nhammen I guess. There have been worse day 1 lynches.

Gambit?

Um.

In post 597, nhammen wrote:First paragraph is thumbsupgood. After this... no! Bad! Staeg should not be under consideration for today. He is a claimed role, and although his posts have been light on content, I do not agree with Tierce's attack at all. Singer is the lynch of the day people. UT was quite scummy for his lurking and showing up the instant anyone commented on him, and singer hasn't done any better with her refusal to actually comment on most anything. When she finally decided to vote, it was a vote on bv without any explanation whatsoever, and her next vote was an opportunistic hop onto my wagon. And I don't think she ever did describe her reasons for the bv vote. singer, any thoughts?

1. I was voting when I entered the game? You, in fact.
2. No comment on bv's return vote with no explanation? Or redFF's on you? It seems to me like now you're just overlooking inconsistencies in your own logic for the sake of saving your own skin by tunneling on the competing wagon. Not to mention the fact that you overlooked JD's tendency to "line up lynches" as you tried to call me out for saying that I'd like my next highest scum read lynched as well.
3. Do you always fling buzz words like "opportunistic" around hoping people will overlook something and follow you blindly? I've pretty clearly justified my vote on you and you're only confirming it more as the day goes on.

Other thoughts before JD's post of doom...
-I'd still
really
like to see a response from Simenom because frankly what he said was scummy as fuck and I can't say why until I hear a proper explanation from him.
-I feel like Psyche is trolling us to see how long we'll go before getting fed up with his lack of participation.
-It's nice to know that our innocent child now feels like she doesn't have to do anything and won't get lynched...might be a nice way to avoid the NK, too. Izzy, can you confirm that you're at least paying attention to the game for potential lylo shenanigans?
-Flameaxe, Primate, Scooby, redFF, and Quilford have basically gone under my radar this game. Noteworthy is the fact that Scooby hasn't been around for literally a week and a half.
-Nhammen, Simenon, and JD are all special in their own little way from scummy as fuck to pending scummy as fuck to annoying as fuck if you're town hopefully you're right about the whole eating a bullet tonight thing since there doesn't seem to be a doc here to protect you.
-Everyone else is...well I'll either agree or disagree with JD's post depending on if I noticed anything/got around to your ISO when double-checking things in this post...which will have to come tomorrow, sorry.

I like tomatoes.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:04 am

Post by Tierce »

Shameless prod dodge, it's geocoinfest weekend.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 am

Post by Staeg »

ryehehaiqnb63£jehabsjabananxisk
unvote
Vote: nhammen

before anyone asks, the reasoning for the unvote is gut and the vote is sheeping
sa vrede?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

As the deadline's tomorrow.
vote: nhammen
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 am

Post by redFF »

good shit
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:44 am

Post by Rhinox »

Was prodded. Semi-vla this weekend but i can keep up on my phone.

I'd rather lynch singer over nham now. She's just posting lots of stuff now trying to escape lynch on the grounds of stuff=town. Given that shea one of 2 lynches before deadline its rediculous that she still hasn't claimed.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:40 am

Post by Glork »

Dude, Singer is seriously NOT scum. Trust me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:48 am

Post by bv310 »

Willing to trust you, glork.
unvote, vote: Nhammen
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 am

Post by scooby »

hi
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:03 am

Post by scooby »

meh, I really dont have the energy to read this

it makes me sad tierce the scumbag is still alive

let me read both singer and nhammen and come back with a vote in 1-2 hrs
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 am

Post by scooby »

it was faster than I thought

hammah hammah

vote nhammen
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:51 am

Post by AGar »

In post 602, Glork wrote:
In post 601, AGar wrote:Glork, what good reason do you have to avert the singer wagon and what viable alternative do you propose in the immediate short term, since we have a bit over 2 days to do something.

Are you incapable of reading any of my posts over the last few pages?
Are you incapable of looking at the vote count?

Seriously, AGar. What the hell is this god awful bullshit?

I'm just bad at this game. Remember?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
10 to lynch

nhammen: 10 (redFF, singersigner, Quilford, Glork, Hoopla, Flameaxe, Staeg, Quagmire, bv310, scooby)
singersigner: 5 (nhammen, Simenon, Rhinox, JDodge, AGar)
Staeg: 1 (Tierce)
Quagmire: 1 (Bella)

Not Voting: 2 (Psyche, Primate)

Lynch has been reached.

nhammen backs away from the ever more threatening crowd. Dark looks pass between members of the mob as he desperately claims to be one of them. Knowing looks pass among those calling to string him up. "He speaks like an outsider," someone yells.
"Can he pronounce the shibboleth?"An expectant silence.
"What's a thibboleth?" nhammen asks innocently.
"Blood for the Blood God," they respond as one.

nhammen -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day One

It is now Night One. All actions are due Monday, August 6th, 10 PM EST.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Its a quiet night in the village, aside from the screams of the dying. Positively peaceful.

Quilford -
Vanilla Town
- Killed Night One
Primate -
Bodyguard
- Killed Night One

It is now Day Two. With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

Hey guys. How are you?
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Psyche »

Good? That's good. I'm good, too.
You can't step in the same river twice.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by redFF »

obv town checking in

vote:agar
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by AGar »

Fred, you're almost as bad as me at this.

Wish there was some idea of who Primate had covered.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”