Mini 362 - Open Role Bastard Mafia (Game Over)

Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Nai »

I notice that TheMan is agreeing with HIAB, who is also a person that made something up completely with no basis to form a vote.

Wait... Would you look at that... Evidence of scumbuddies!

Funnily enough, I can make a GOOD parody of HIAB's post and be completely facetious at the same time.
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:32 pm

Post by help im a bug »

Please do.
oh no
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:38 pm

Post by Nai »

Already did. I find most of your posts this game to be non sequitors. Care to explain?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:50 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

This may sound strange, but the vibes I'm getting are that both of them are town. This looks to be mostly an understanding all because a bad reason was used at first to vote for someone
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by kirbyphreak »

Id vote theman, but thats his usual play, so it would be like voting fritzler for votehopping.
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I've never played with theman before and I was thinking of voting him because I didn't like his post at all but I decided to keep my random vote and wait for other people to comment.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:21 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Help- That's pure hypocrisy. You voted for Nai on little to no evidence and then you complain when I vote for you? It's only one vote; it won't kill you. I voted for you because your reasoning on Nai is poor. Do you deny that your reasoning on Nai was poor? If so explain why.
This OMGUS stuff you're coming out with does nothing to make me want to change my vote.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 am

Post by Pariah »

Vote Count

Nai: (2)
help im a bug, Fritzler
help im a bug: (2)
Nai, M4yhem
M4yhem: (2)
Bethelmark, themanhimself
Zindaras: (1)
Twomz
Kirbyphreak: (1)
Bogre
Twomz: (1)
Chamber

7 to lynch.
Last edited by Pariah on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 am

Post by help im a bug »

M4yhem wrote:Help- That's pure hypocrisy. You voted for Nai on little to no evidence and then you complain when I vote for you? It's only one vote; it won't kill you. I voted for you because your reasoning on Nai is poor. Do you deny that your reasoning on Nai was poor? If so explain why.
This OMGUS stuff you're coming out with does nothing to make me want to change my vote.
See previous post.

It's not that you're voting me for
little
reason; that I'd be fine with. It's the specific reason you gave ("stirring things up against Nai") that makes me suspicious.
oh no
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Twomz »

Hey, i'm back. Read what I missed. I can't tell if nai/mayham are scumbuddies or if Help is trying to get the town to mislynch them. I suppose either more evidence will come up, or one or more of them will be Nked soon so we'll be able to pick apart the truth then. I'm satisfied w/ my vote for now, although i'm all alone... i'm tempted to follow Fritz... but i'm usually more inclined to follow him when he hops around more frequently. *shrug*
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 am

Post by M4yhem »

Alright, let me explain where I’m coming from here:
help im a bug wrote:
Nai wrote:Well, claims will help. I don't understand what Twomz means by saying that counterclaims aren't going to help. Just because we know WHAT roles are in this game doesn't mean that a counterclaim does nothing. You treat a counterclaim in this game like a counterclaim in any other game: Lynch the first claimer then, if they're not scum, lynch the other one.
unvote, vote: nai
This is where you first voted for Nai. Note the lack of reasoning; nothing but what seems to me to be a wholly unremarkable quote.
help im a bug wrote:I thought the post I quoted with my vote spoke for itself.

Nai was seriously advocating mass claiming in this situation. I found this unwise at best, scummy at worst.
This is the reason you gave for your vote. Now read the post by Nai you quoted again and then explain to me where he advocates mass claiming in it.

And even if he had advocated mass claiming, how is that scummy, please explain?

help im a bug wrote:Dude, you said "On another point, counterclaims are definately going to be a part of this game, especially with bastardized roles,
if the roles start acting like other roles.
"

It was
your idea
that bastardized roles might mimic others. Don't act like I'm pulling random ideas from thin air.
Then there’s this post. It’s not what you’re saying here, it’s the tone you seem to be saying it in. You sound like you’re accusing Nai of something but I really don’t see what that would be.
help im a bug wrote: *yawn* Arguing that what I said was scummy doesn't mean that what your buddy did wasn't scummy. Quit trying to distract the town.
This is just silly. And arguing that my vote on you was scummy doesn’t make your vote on Nai any less scummy.

Then you conclude I’m scum just because I didn’t like your reasons for voting for Nai. Either you are being lazy with your thinking, which doesn’t help the town, or you are being defensive and making baseless accusations because you’re scum.

help im a bug wrote: It's not that you're voting me for
little
reason; that I'd be fine with. It's the specific reason you gave ("stirring things up against Nai") that makes me suspicious.
Well how do you like my reasons now?

Twomz, according to the votecount you’re not voting for anyone. Do you mean you’re satisfied with not voting?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 am

Post by Nai »

Mod
: Kirbyphreak had unvoted me in post 113.

Twomz, why would you vote for me, like Fritzler? He made even less of a contribution with that post than HIAB did, as his vote came with NO reasoning, just like his vote on Zindaris. Following a wagon like that is irresponsible. It's like voting for me because of HIAB's reasoning, which is completely erroneus.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:55 am

Post by Twomz »

I've found that following Fritz's vote is usually a good day 1 play, regardless of whether he's town or scum. If you still need more clarification I can give it.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:09 am

Post by M4yhem »

Yes, please give more clarification.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:34 am

Post by Twomz »

Well, as town Fritz has a good gut feeling. As scum, he'll usually try to throw his scumbuddies under the bus in order to make himself look better. So, most of the time following Fritz is a good idea. (also, it's a good way to get conversation going)
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:34 am

Post by Nai »

I've played with Fritz, and I haven't noticed this. I also don't see why following the vote of scum, as you said, can be a good play. Scum NEVER have the best interest of the Town on their mind. So following their votes is not a good idea. I especially dislike a person that votes without reason. Is smacks of scum to me, mostly because a townie could give a good reason, whereas scum have to make up the reasons most of the time.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:44 am

Post by Pariah »

Nai wrote:
Mod
: Kirbyphreak had unvoted me in post 113.
Ah. Apologies.

Corrected.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Twomz wrote:Well, as town Fritz has a good gut feeling. As scum, he'll usually try to throw his scumbuddies under the bus in order to make himself look better. So, most of the time following Fritz is a good idea. (also, it's a good way to get conversation going)
What about vote hopping then? He's voted for 2 people.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Twomz - I don't think I'm sold on that idea. When Fritzler is town he's as likely to be wrong as anyone, surely? And when he's wrong, it will be harder to see because he never gives any reasons for his votes.

Fritzler, any comments?
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:11 am

Post by themanhimself »

Twomz wrote:I've found that following Fritz's vote is usually a good day 1 play, regardless of whether he's town or scum. If you still need more clarification I can give it.
I can't say I undersand how always following one person's vote is a good idea. Certain situations may call for it, but that's typically an end-game tactic.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:20 am

Post by Twomz »

?
unvote, vote: theman
How the heck is blindly following bandwagons an endgame tactic?

There's also the fact that following Fritz usually gets some people to argue why so many people are following Fritz (and other such things, like what's going on right now). And any conversation is good in mafia ^.^b
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:46 am

Post by kirbyphreak »

Good Points M4yhem.
Vote: HIAB
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:09 am

Post by chamber »

Since I havnt posted in here for far too long.
Vote: theman
Imo the last couple posts of his haven't seemed like they were coming from a town pov .
Taking a break from the site.
help im a bug
help im a bug
Goon
help im a bug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:03 am

Post by help im a bug »

unvote

Saw something that makes me rethink.
oh no
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:17 am

Post by Nai »

What, repeated explanations, disillusionment, and truth?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”